Ello

• 9 Replies
Ello
« on: July 09, 2013, 01:09:28 PM »
I am a person who prefers to see stuff first hand to believe in them; now, do I believe that the earth is flat? I don't know. Do I believe that the earth is spherical? Maybe why not? We are thinkers aren't we? Here comes the purpose of this topic, have any of you made at least decent researches to support your claims? Have any of you actually sailed to see the ends of earth? Have any of you seen the huge iceberg that 'prevents us' from falling? Now, I really need an honest answer to these questions, otherwise you will all be no better than the people who 'claim' that the earth is a sphere.
By the way, a HUGE ball seems flat to ants too.  ;)   

Junker

Re: Ello
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 02:01:09 PM »
Some members have done their own research and have posted results here.  No one has done anything as extensive as sailing to the edge of the known world.  That is a financial and logistical nightmare for regular people, and quite dangerous I would imagine.

By the way, a HUGE flat disc seems flat to ants too.   ;)

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »
Yeah yeah cute & all, what kind of research? As much as I'd love to scroll & go through a ton of threads to find these topics, I would like you or anybody else to be of help & link me the threads so I can reason with them, I mean after all, you all like to see proof first hand, right?

Junker

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 02:20:26 PM »
Yeah yeah cute & all, what kind of research? As much as I'd love to scroll & go through a ton of threads to find these topics, I would like you or anybody else to be of help & link me the threads so I can reason with them, I mean after all, you all like to see proof first hand, right?

I would suggesting performing some searches.  I am sorry if you can't be bothered, but people would be more willing to help if you put forth some effort yourself.

Also, please familiarize yourself with the rules.  Your animated .gif is considered low-content and is prohibited in the upper fora.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 02:29:06 PM »
Ah 'trust' me, I've read everything, & to be frank it sounds like a fairy tale world BUT I am open minded, hence why, I need proof as to where you all got this whole 'dark force pushing us up' thing from, is this 'dark energy' measurable? Has ANYBODY seen the 'huge iceberg?' & is the sun & moon going up along with the earth as well? I mean a lot of stuff need explanation instead of just making up theories, I mean I can sit here & say that you wear girl pants... With all due respect of course. 

Junker

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 04:28:38 PM »
Ah 'trust' me, I've read everything
Forgive me if I don't trust you, nor do I believe you have read "everything."  I would advise tackling one issue at a time.  Search the subject, if you aren't fulfilled with the answer, post something new, ask a new question.  Coming in a and just asking everyone to do a bunch of searches will get you nowhere.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 04:48:50 PM »
Hello to you Kreaytive,

Remember that, in general, people are kept in a bubble away from a proper study of FET.  If you are only exposed to the  beliefs associated with RET, it stands to reason you would make incorrect assumptions about Earth shape.

You now have the opportunity to explore FET. Take your research seriously and we hope to see you on correct side of the Earth shape controversy.   

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 04:54:18 PM »
Ah 'trust' me, I've read everything
Forgive me if I don't trust you, nor do I believe you have read "everything."  I would advise tackling one issue at a time.  Search the subject, if you aren't fulfilled with the answer, post something new, ask a new question.  Coming in a and just asking everyone to do a bunch of searches will get you nowhere.
It's fine if you don't trust me, I don't trust you guys either, but if was to be a Christian & I want to convert to Islam for example, I would read what Islam is in a pro-Islamic website & in an anti-Islamic website, after I am done with my research, asking MUSLIMS about the religion would be the next best idea. I don't believe that anything is true hence why I am asking the people who make such claims to GIVE ME evidence. A spherical earth makes sense.. Although it wouldn't make sense if there was no evidence supporting gravity for example. & about about going somewhere, it is YOU people who make the claim, now back it up, give me one reason why to believe in your pancake earth. Long story short, lets take this slowly, has anybody seen the huge iceberg? & what about the people who sailed from India only to find themselves in America?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, but I assume it has something to do with circumnavigation, in which case the answer is that the Earth is in the shape of a disk centered around the geographic North Pole. Circumnavigation is simply moving in a circle around the pole.

?

spoon

• Flat Earth Editor
  • ho ho ho
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 05:38:49 PM »
'huge iceberg?'

I'm not familiar with this aspect of FET. Perhaps, since you've read everything, you could inform me of this iceberg's function.
I work nights are get the feeling of impennding doom for things most people take for granted.