Jwst launches in less than 3 hours

• 1802 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: Jwst launches in less than 3 hours
« Reply #540 on: February 15, 2022, 06:38:51 PM »
From L2 the Sun lights up the whole Universe incl.

Who claims that the Sun lights up the whole Universe? There's a lot bigger, brighter stuff out there...

But nobody is perfect. I cannot see the back of the Moon from my window, only the face of the Moon, as it orbits Earth. I wonder if JWST can see the back of the Moon from L2? Any ideas?

I think the intent is that JWST is pointed away from the Sun.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #541 on: February 15, 2022, 10:47:46 PM »

Who claims that the Sun lights up the whole Universe? There's a lot bigger, brighter stuff out there...

But nobody is perfect. I cannot see the back of the Moon from my window, only the face of the Moon, as it orbits Earth. I wonder if JWST can see the back of the Moon from L2? Any ideas?

It is ESA/NASA that claims that the Sun lights up the Universe so that the JWST can see it from L2 in front of the Sun. There is not atmosphere to prevent watching the Universe there.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #542 on: February 15, 2022, 11:44:17 PM »

It is ESA/NASA that claims that the Sun lights up the Universe so that the JWST can see it from L2 in front of the Sun. There is not atmosphere to prevent watching the Universe there.

Where does ESA/NASA say the sun lights up the universe?

Heiwa

« Reply #543 on: February 16, 2022, 03:06:07 AM »

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sdo/main/index.html

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #544 on: February 16, 2022, 03:23:36 AM »

That's a page regarding the Solar Dynamics Observatory. Not JWST. And even there there's no mention or claim that the Sun "lights up the Universe". Yet another example of your ineptitude in regard to you comprehending, well, just about anything. Once again, you are wrong.

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #545 on: February 16, 2022, 03:56:10 AM »
Any minute now we'll get the old argumentum ex fenestra to distract from another failure.
S'ils te font de la peine, je les tuerai sans gêne.

Heiwa

« Reply #546 on: February 16, 2022, 05:28:10 AM »

That's a page regarding the Solar Dynamics Observatory. Not JWST. And even there there's no mention or claim that the Sun "lights up the Universe". Yet another example of your ineptitude in regard to you comprehending, well, just about anything. Once again, you are wrong.
No, according NASA the Sun is the center of our Solar system  and all the planets around the Sun are lighted by the Sun. I can see some planets from my window. Same for all galaxies around our Solar system, i.e. the Sun lights up the Universe. I can see many galaxies, too. They look like stars. I don't need a JWST at L2 to look for more. Why do you get so upset about people not as intelligent as you knowing everything?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #547 on: February 16, 2022, 09:18:32 AM »
No, according NASA the Sun is the center of our Solar system  and all the planets around the Sun are lighted by the Sun. I can see some planets from my window. Same for all galaxies around our Solar system, i.e. the Sun lights up the Universe. I can see many galaxies, too. They look like stars. I don't need a JWST at L2 to look for more. Why do you get so upset about people not as intelligent as you knowing everything?
NASA knows the difference between the solar system and the universe.  Do you?   Being a geocentrist, I suppose you wouldn’t.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #548 on: February 16, 2022, 12:38:52 PM »
NASA knows the difference between the solar system and the universe.  Do you?   Being a geocentrist, I suppose you wouldn’t.
?? Looking out of my window on Earth, it is the center of the Solar system and the Universe. It is a geocentrist view, and I see no reason why it isn't correct. Nothing to get upset about. ESA/NASA is putting JWST at L2 and they will confirm it ... after adjusting the JWST. 
What do you think. Earth is flying around somewhere with no purpose at all?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #549 on: February 16, 2022, 02:07:19 PM »
Do you think that the earth is just sitting around like a lazy bum with no purpose at all?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #550 on: February 16, 2022, 02:11:11 PM »
?? Looking out of my window on Earth, it is the center of the Solar system and the Universe. It is a geocentrist view, and I see no reason why it isn't correct. Nothing to get upset about. ESA/NASA is putting JWST at L2 and they will confirm it ... after adjusting the JWST. 

I suppose that's how you designed your failed egg tanker, by just looking out your window. Makes sense.

I can't quite figure out if you even know what geocentrism is. For you, is the Sun the center of the Universe or Earth?

Heiwa

« Reply #551 on: February 16, 2022, 05:44:43 PM »

I suppose that's how you designed your failed egg tanker, by just looking out your window. Makes sense.

I can't quite figure out if you even know what geocentrism is. For you, is the Sun the center of the Universe or Earth?
Re the Egg tanker it is approved by United Nations IMO but it cannot enter US ports. It is based on accident statistics. USCG does not allow it! Re geocentrism the Earth is the center of the Universe with the Sun orbiting that center. Just look out of your window and you will see it, i.e. the Sun rising in the East and setting West.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #552 on: February 16, 2022, 05:54:04 PM »
Re the Egg tanker it is approved by United Nations IMO but it cannot enter US ports. It is based on accident statistics. USCG does not allow it!
Did you ever bother making a proof of concept demonstrator to show the safety of your design?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #553 on: February 16, 2022, 06:02:46 PM »

Re the Egg tanker it is approved by United Nations IMO but it cannot enter US ports. It is based on accident statistics. USCG does not allow it! Re geocentrism the Earth is the center of the Universe with the Sun orbiting that center. Just look out of your window and you will see it, i.e. the Sun rising in the East and setting West.

Looks like USCG made the right call in not selecting a tanker design engineered by simply looking out a window.

I'm just glad more learned folks don't rely on gazing out their windows to engineer all of the amazing things we have in the world. Move away from the window and get yourself a Foucault pendulum. Take a gander at that for a while and let us know what you think.

Heiwa

« Reply #554 on: February 16, 2022, 08:33:24 PM »
Re the Egg tanker it is approved by United Nations IMO but it cannot enter US ports. It is based on accident statistics. USCG does not allow it!
Did you ever bother making a proof of concept demonstrator to show the safety of your design?
Yes, of course. That was part of the IMO approval procedure. And I happened to work for one of the biggest and richest oil tanker owners in the world at the time and I knew most people in the biz. Some corrupt people in the USA didn't like it.

« Reply #555 on: February 16, 2022, 09:37:11 PM »
Well, Heiwa?
Heiwa keeps going on and on that you can’t orbit around L2 because there is no mass at L2 and you can’t orbit around nothing.

Apparently, according to Heiwa, the following is impossible:

There is nothing at the green point. No mass.

Counterexample’s a bitch, ain’t it?

Heiwa

« Reply #556 on: February 16, 2022, 11:41:54 PM »
Well, Heiwa?
Heiwa keeps going on and on that you can’t orbit around L2 because there is no mass at L2 and you can’t orbit around nothing.

No, planet Earth is not orbiting anything! It is just the center of the Universe and is just rotating around itself to keep cool, etc. It is the Sun that orbits Earth, which I can see from my window. I have a great view of the Mediterranean Sea from there, where the Sun rises every morning at the horizon.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #557 on: February 17, 2022, 12:38:56 AM »
Well, Heiwa?

No, planet Earth is not orbiting anything! It is just the center of the Universe and is just rotating around itself to keep cool, etc. It is the Sun that orbits Earth, which I can see from my window. I have a great view of the Mediterranean Sea from there, where the Sun rises every morning at the horizon.

Is the Earth rotating?
Is the Universe infinite or finite?

Heiwa

« Reply #558 on: February 17, 2022, 07:01:05 AM »
Well, Heiwa?

Is the Earth rotating?
Yes, Earth + atmosphere is rotating 360°/24 hrs around its poles at the center of the Universe.
Universe is infinite in all directions from Earth.
Just look out of your window, and you'll see it.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #559 on: February 17, 2022, 01:20:17 PM »
Well, Heiwa?

Is the Earth rotating?
Yes, Earth + atmosphere is rotating 360°/24 hrs around its poles at the center of the Universe.
Universe is infinite in all directions from Earth.
Just look out of your window, and you'll see it.

So you're not really a full-blown geocentrist in the sense that don't those folks believe earth is absolutely stationary? As well, why would earth need to rotate if the Sun is orbiting it like geocentrists believe?

By definition there is no center in infinity. So how can earth be at the "center" of something that has no center?

Heiwa

« Reply #560 on: February 17, 2022, 05:45:53 PM »

So you're not really a full-blown geocentrist in the sense that don't those folks believe earth is absolutely stationary? As well, why would earth need to rotate if the Sun is orbiting it like geocentrists believe?

By definition there is no center in infinity. So how can earth be at the "center" of something that has no center?
Thanks for asking. Earth is rotating 360° in 24 hrs, so that we inhabitants on Earth can see the Universe in the sky above us without moving. Just look up on a clear night! Most astronomers agree Earth is rotating. It is why there are nights and days and so on.
The Universe is endless with no beginning nor end. Earth just happens to be in the middle of it. The JWST (topic) has left Earth some time ago to dock with point L2 in the Universe away from Earth to have a look and will confirm it after adjusting its telescope. I think JWST is complete nonsense like most ESA/NASA findings starting with asstronuts on the Moon. Like point L2. You cannot stop there and dock with it!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #561 on: February 17, 2022, 07:02:17 PM »

Thanks for asking. Earth is rotating 360° in 24 hrs, so that we inhabitants on Earth can see the Universe in the sky above us without moving. Just look up on a clear night! Most astronomers agree Earth is rotating. It is why there are nights and days and so on.
The Universe is endless with no beginning nor end. Earth just happens to be in the middle of it. The JWST (topic) has left Earth some time ago to dock with point L2 in the Universe away from Earth to have a look and will confirm it after adjusting its telescope. I think JWST is complete nonsense like most ESA/NASA findings starting with asstronuts on the Moon. Like point L2. You cannot stop there and dock with it!

Sorry, you can't be in the middle or center of something that has no end, no middle or center. That's an extremely basic concept where you fail, yet again.

And we know what your opinion is. But your opinion doesn't mean anything. Anyone whose opinion is that there were no planes on 9/11 is obviously beyond deluded. That's why you've been kicked out of every 9/11 forum, even the most ardent conspiracy minded ones. Because your delusions (of grandeur) are untenable and not based in any reality.

« Reply #562 on: February 17, 2022, 07:38:16 PM »
Well, Heiwa?

What nonsense are you on about? Can you not read?

No one said anything about Earth.

You said that an object can't orbit around nothing.

I have shown you objects orbiting around nothing.

Or do you, oh expert that has studied orbits for 60+ years, deny that the diagram shown is not how two given masses behave?

Is the diagram as shown impossible?

Or will you just go on about sunrises and sunsets?

Heiwa

« Reply #563 on: February 18, 2022, 01:40:39 AM »
Well, Heiwa?

I have shown you objects orbiting around nothing.

Or do you, oh expert that has studied orbits for 60+ years, deny that the diagram shown is not how two given masses behave?

Is the diagram as shown impossible?

Or will you just go on about sunrises and sunsets?
No, I just say that the Sun orbits Earth as seen from my window and that Earth is in the middle of the Universe also as seen from my window. Nothing to get upset about. I have a fantastic view of the Mediterranean Sea and the Universe from my windows. What is the view from your windows?
But topic is the little JWST. I cannot see it from my window (JWST is maybe behind the mountains in the back) but some eqsperts suggest it is orbiting a point in space called L2 without any mass as per your diagram with a green point in the middle. What is the green point? L2?

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #564 on: February 18, 2022, 01:47:53 AM »
What is the green point? L2?

Barycentre.

Can you not see an encyclopedia from your window with a view of the Med?
S'ils te font de la peine, je les tuerai sans gêne.

Heiwa

« Reply #565 on: February 18, 2022, 02:08:52 AM »

Barycentre.

No, only the Med.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #566 on: February 18, 2022, 10:07:36 AM »

Barycentre.

No, only the Med.

No wonder you don't seem to understand anything.

Heiwa

« Reply #567 on: February 18, 2022, 11:28:33 AM »

Barycentre.

No, only the Med.

There is no encyclopedia in the Med that I see. It is water.  Good for swimming in. 
But I know what a barycenter is.
A barycenter is the center of the mass of two  bodies that orbit one another in space and it is the point about which the two bodies orbit. In this case body #1 is Earth and body #2 is JWST and point L2 is the center of the two masses Earth/JWST. The Sun is far away.  Why the JWST has to lift of from Earth to fly to L2 is beyond my understanding. Please explain what orbits what!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #568 on: February 18, 2022, 12:16:54 PM »

Barycentre.

No, only the Med.

There is no encyclopedia in the Med that I see. It is water.  Good for swimming in. 
A barycenter is the center of the mass of two  bodies that orbit one another in space and it is the point about which the two bodies orbit. In this case body #1 is Earth and body #2 is JWST and point L2 is the center of the two masses Earth/JWST. The Sun is far away.  Why the JWST has to lift of from Earth to fly to L2 is beyond my understanding. Please explain what orbits what!

Heiwa

« Reply #569 on: February 18, 2022, 05:02:51 PM »

Barycentre.

No, only the Med.

We all know what a Lagrange point L is relative Sun and Earth. The difficulty is to find L in space and dock with it or start orbiting it. As L has no mass you cannot orbit around L. And L is moving all the time, so JWST has to move too to stay at L. L2 is always in the shade of the Sun caused by Earth being in between. To suggest that JWST has docked with L2 is simply a joke that ESA/NASA is famous for. Furthermore it is suggested that there is no atmosphere at L2 to disturb the view of the telescope. But there is no sun light there, so the solar panels are useless. Anyway, there is no atmosphere in space away from Earth, so any location in space should be good for JWST to look for the end of the Universe. Only problem is that the Universe has no end. It is infinite. And full of Black Holes attracting light passing that will crunch the JWST at the end. I  just feel sorry for people believing in L.