Zero gravity planes are not zero gravity planes.

• 282 Replies
Re: Zero gravity planes are not zero gravity planes.
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2014, 10:00:25 AM »
These geniuses get mixed up with their desk full of books that they frantically look through for answers and try and pass  it all off as something that's just came straight from their high foreheads. Most of them are about as bright as midnight.
Please keep it civil, no need to start flame wars here.

Do you admit that in the case of the "0g" plane, if I put a balance under an object, it will read 0 kg ?
Elaborate on that will you, Aunty.

Nothing more to elaborate. Do we agree that people inside the plane weight 0 kg relative to the plane ?
As long as they are in mid air then there's nothing to weigh them with.
Well, we can safely say the same when they are touching something in the plane, can we ?

ausGeoff

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2014, 10:01:35 AM »
Bye! Don't let the door hit you on your arrogant arse on the way out. You came with attitude and failed to impose it. You came to ridicule and walk away with your head bowed and tail between your legs. Don;t mess with geniuses, it only leaves you panting and begging.
Send in shill number 2, you are terminated.  ;D

Can you please share some of the mind-altering drugs you're taking with a few of us.  We need them in order to address your claims with the same degree of lunacy with which you post them.  Thanks.

glokta

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2014, 10:05:56 AM »
Scepti - all you have to do is post up the experiment you claim you setup with the custom laser that proves a flat earth and you can claim victory over the iss and every other thing you don't believe in one fell swoop. Are you going to post up the results?
Quote from: sceptimatic
Use your brain. There is no sun in space. You are simply duped.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2014, 10:07:37 AM »
These geniuses get mixed up with their desk full of books that they frantically look through for answers and try and pass  it all off as something that's just came straight from their high foreheads. Most of them are about as bright as midnight.

Do you admit that in the case of the "0g" plane, if I put a balance under an object, it will read 0 kg ?

Nothing more to elaborate. Do we agree that people inside the plane weight 0 kg relative to the plane ?
Well, we can safely say the same when they are touching something in the plane, can we ?
Nope. Not if you put them on scales. They would actually weigh something dependent on how hard they are pressed against the plane.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2014, 10:08:36 AM »
Bye! Don't let the door hit you on your arrogant arse on the way out. You came with attitude and failed to impose it. You came to ridicule and walk away with your head bowed and tail between your legs. Don;t mess with geniuses, it only leaves you panting and begging.
Send in shill number 2, you are terminated.  ;D

Can you please share some of the mind-altering drugs you're taking with a few of us.  We need them in order to address your claims with the same degree of lunacy with which you post them.  Thanks.
Just keep taking the water tablets, Geoffrey and don't forget to change your pads and you'll be fine.  ;)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2014, 10:10:47 AM »
Scepti - all you have to do is post up the experiment you claim you setup with the custom laser that proves a flat earth and you can claim victory over the iss and every other thing you don't believe in one fell swoop. Are you going to post up the results?
I was going to until some of you nutters decided it wasn't worthy. I'll distribute them to trusted friends and just keep them as my verification whilst you lot soak in your indoctrination. Blame the mugs that dissed it.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »
I was going to until some of you nutters decided it wasn't worthy. I'll distribute them to trusted friends and just keep them as my verification whilst you lot soak in your indoctrination. Blame the mugs that dissed it.

Ah yes the typical Scepti response
"I have irrefutable proof of my claim!!!!!!!!!!"
"But you can't see it because you will just find holes in it"

glokta

« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2014, 10:20:57 AM »
Now there's a suprise! You single handedly blew modern science apart and don't feel the need to share the proof on an online forum, let alone the wider world. Have you been off your meds the last two days? You have gone from a simpleton to a paranoid fantasist in 48 hours! Pseudologia fantastica much?!
Quote from: sceptimatic
Use your brain. There is no sun in space. You are simply duped.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2014, 10:21:40 AM »

Ah yes the typical Scepti response
"I have irrefutable proof of my claim!!!!!!!!!!"
"But you can't see it because you will just find holes in it"
I spent £600 on getting this done and I'm not prepared to share it with people who immediately mock it before they seen it. You people need to learn to keep your typing traps shut until you see it, then you could have picked at it -  but no; you all had to jump straight in and attempt to take it apart first before viewing. Your fault, not mine.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2014, 10:23:02 AM »
Now there's a suprise! You single handedly blew modern science apart and don't feel the need to share the proof on an online forum, let alone the wider world. Have you been off your meds the last two days? You have gone from a simpleton to a paranoid fantasist in 48 hours! Pseudologia fantastica much?!
How do I know that you're not an assassin with a glock and you're just calling yourself glockta? I've heard about you people.

ausGeoff

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2014, 11:11:48 AM »
You people need to learn to keep your typing traps shut until you see it, then you could have picked at it -  but no; you all had to jump straight in and attempt to take it apart first before viewing. Your fault, not mine.

Would you care to refer us to one single posting that allegedly "dissed" your research?  Nope; you can't can you LOL.

And I knew (as I commented elsewhere) that there was no research carried out by you or your imaginary friend.  It was all just bullshit, right from the word go.  And we fell for it.

So... the ONLY way to (possibly) redeem yourself my friend is to post your research results and the images you promised.  ASAP.  No more feeble excuses; no more avoiding the questions; no more claiming imaginary insults.

The time has finally come for you to put up or shut up.  Sorry, but that's just the way it is in the real world.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2014, 11:15:29 AM »
You people need to learn to keep your typing traps shut until you see it, then you could have picked at it -  but no; you all had to jump straight in and attempt to take it apart first before viewing. Your fault, not mine.

Would you care to refer us to one single posting that allegedly "dissed" your research?  Nope; you can't can you LOL.

And I knew (as I commented elsewhere) that there was no research carried out by you or your imaginary friend.  It was all just bullshit, right from the word go.  And we fell for it.

So... the ONLY way to (possibly) redeem yourself my friend is to post your research results and the images you promised.  ASAP.  No more feeble excuses; no more avoiding the questions; no more claiming imaginary insults.

The time has finally come for you to put up or shut up.  Sorry, but that's just the way it is in the real world.
Nice try, Geoffrey but I've posted the stuff to the relevant people. I will bide my tme with you globulites until I deem you worthy of viewing them.
I have to determine if you are intelligent enough to appreciate them, so a bit of in depth background information in the education thread is warranted. Just tell me everything about your life and I'll make a decision. Fair enough, Geoffrey?

ausGeoff

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2014, 11:52:22 AM »
Nice try, Geoffrey but I've posted the stuff to the relevant people. I will bide my tme with you globulites until I deem you worthy of viewing them.
I have to determine if you are intelligent enough to appreciate them, so a bit of in depth background information in the education thread is warranted. Just tell me everything about your life and I'll make a decision. Fair enough, Geoffrey?

As I said earlier, all of sceptimatic's posturings and pseudo-intellectualising is simply arrant nonsense.  And this bullshit of his simply further reinforces my claims of smoke and mirrors.

He can't post his "research" because it doesn't exist.  End of story.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2014, 12:00:30 PM »

As I said earlier, all of sceptimatic's posturings and pseudo-intellectualising is simply arrant nonsense.  And this bullshit of his simply further reinforces my claims of smoke and mirrors.

Right that's it, Geoffers, I said I'd give you it in a pm and look what you've gone and done. That's it now, you're not getting the benefit of it. I told you to stop acting like a kid didn't I?
Only a massive grovelling apology and a promise that you'll get some brains and stop believing you are walking upside down, will rectify this very delicately balanced situation. You little ripper.

ausGeoff

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »
That's it now, you're not getting the benefit of it.

Oh thank you, thank you.  So there is a god LOL.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2014, 12:41:44 PM »

Right that's it, Geoffers, I said I'd give you it in a pm and look what you've gone and done. That's it now, you're not getting the benefit of it. I told you to stop acting like a kid didn't I?
Only a massive grovelling apology and a promise that you'll get some brains and stop believing you are walking upside down, will rectify this very delicately balanced situation. You little ripper.

That petulant rant just confirms that the research doesn't exist. You have NO credibility scepti, unless you prove me wrong and post your research.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2014, 01:01:49 PM »
Gravity is making the passengers in the plane fall, but because the plane is following a path that results in the same rate of downward acceleration, they float relative to the plane.
When it's CLIMBING?
Oh dear...

See glokta's post. Note that "0g" starts to happen while the plane's altitude is still increasing (plane is climbing).
Oh dear, looks like you are confused.  First you said DOWNWARD, here you say CLIMBING so which is it?

See, this is what happens when you don't pay attention in class.

Throw a tennis ball in the air. Once it leaves your hand, which way is it accelerating?
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2014, 04:00:46 PM »
When it's CLIMBING?
No, as the plane approaches the top of the parabola, momentum takes effect, as it comes over the other side and dives, they fall at the same rate as the aircraft.. very very simple... so simple an 8 year old would understand it.
So, for only a brief period, they would float (relative to the plane) as the plane is still climbing, but it's not climbing, its changing from a nose up attitude, to that of a nose down attitude.
Hey SpongeSpank, Antonio was the one who said 0 g can be felt when the plane is climbing.  That's why I asked for clarification! Don't be a smart ass with me.
Is it clear now ?
Nothing's ever clear with you people. You just look into wiki and grab snippets of stuff and regurgitate it all then think you're proving something.
You haven't got a clue what you are talking about to be honest. Without wiki, you lot are basically Lead heads.

Well given that I actually AM a pilot and have done the parabola hundreds of times myself to show off to friends (albeit a much smaller one), as has every pilot I have ever met over the 20 years I've been flying.. I would suggest that we may actually have a clue.. helicopter boy

How about you point us to all you genius patents you've been lying about? Or are you just a pimple faced preteen who can't make any friends so plays the tough guy in a forum?! lol
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:06:06 PM by SirSpankalot »

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »

Bullshit.

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2014, 04:04:35 PM »
How do I know that you're not an assassin with a glock and you're just calling yourself glockta? I've heard about you people.

We can only hope that he is one and he is out to get you. Problem solved.

ausGeoff

« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »

That petulant rant just confirms that the research doesn't exist. You have NO credibility scepti, unless you prove me wrong and post your research.

I suspected from way back that sceptimatic's proposed/alleged scientific "experiment" was a load of crap from day one.

All the grandiose talk about his "friend" who was organising the whole thing, and the expensive equipment and its accuracy, and the amazing images that were going to be posted here all turned into one giant fairy story.

At least this proves once and for all that the guy is full to the neckline with shit, and has as much credibility as a $3 note LOL.

?

QuQu

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2014, 10:41:26 PM »
May be he has hallucinations caused by untreated schizophrenia? I think we are all very worried about his mental health.

ausGeoff

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2014, 11:00:10 PM »
May be he has hallucinations caused by untreated schizophrenia? I think we are all very worried about his mental health.

My considered opinion is that he may be suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

The Dunning-Kruger effect is the finding that the poorest performers are the least aware of their own incompetence. 

The reason seems to be that poor performers fail to learn from their mistakes.

The proposed solution is that the incompetent should be directly told they are incompetent.

Unfortunately the problem is that incompetent people have probably been getting this type of feedback for years and failed to take much notice. Despite failing exams, fucking up at work and irritating other people, the incompetent still don’t believe they’re incompetent.

This fits sceptimatic like a finger in a glove does it not?

« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2014, 02:16:27 AM »

Nope. Not if you put them on scales. They would actually weigh something dependent on how hard they are pressed against the plane.
What would press them against the plane?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2014, 02:31:12 AM »

Nothing if the plane descends faster than the fall of those scales but as long as they are touching the floor of the plabne, even if it's reduced pressure then a person would still weigh something if stood on them, even if it registered half a kilo or one ounce. It's all dependent on the speed of the descent.

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2014, 03:19:43 AM »

Nothing if the plane descends faster than the fall of those scales but as long as they are touching the floor of the plabne, even if it's reduced pressure then a person would still weigh something if stood on them, even if it registered half a kilo or one ounce. It's all dependent on the speed of the descent.
Ok
But, again, if you take some time to look by yourself, the plane's trajectory dos not meet a free fall. It would be impossible to achieve between it's operational limits. He just cannot "fall" like a rock.
The "0g" period starts when the plane is still going upwards and stops when the pilots pulls the stick, avoiding the max speed. The term "speed of descent" isn't appropriate here.

Anyway, what about the pressure inside the plane during the the "0g" period ?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2014, 03:26:01 AM »

Ok
But, again, if you take some time to look by yourself, the plane's trajectory dos not meet a free fall. It would be impossible to achieve between it's operational limits. He just cannot "fall" like a rock.
The "0g" period starts when the plane is still going upwards and stops when the pilots pulls the stick, avoiding the max speed. The term "speed of descent" isn't appropriate here.

Think of it like a parachute canopy. The pressure will be pushed to the roof and back in compression as the plane descends and to the floor and to the back on ascent.

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2014, 03:52:40 AM »

Ok

The airplane maintains constant pressure. No pressure change inside. If not people would pass out at high altitude.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2014, 04:10:09 AM »

Ok

The airplane maintains constant pressure. No pressure change inside. If not people would pass out at high altitude.
Constant pressure as the plane is levelled out, I agree. Not when it's in a climb or dive though. As I explained earlier, that pressure would build in certain areas depending on ascent or descent.

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2014, 04:24:07 AM »

Ok

Constant pressure as the plane is levelled out, I agree. Not when it's in a climb or dive though. As I explained earlier, that pressure would build in certain areas depending on ascent or descent.
The air is constant in the airplane. If that would happen some people could not breath.