Zero gravity planes are not zero gravity planes.

• 282 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Zero gravity planes are not zero gravity planes.
« on: March 03, 2014, 06:09:23 AM »
Regardless of people believing in gravity, which is false (in my opinion)...these planes that take people up to experience zero gravity are not doing any such thing if you think about it.
All you are doing is falling slower than the plane is descending. I think anyone with a bit of thought can see this.
A simple scenario would be like dropping a coin then then dropping your hand under that coin a little bit quicker than the coin itself.
We have all done this with a ball, coin or many other implements. Either catch the coin hard, as in, you throw up the coin and allow the coin to slam back into your static palm, or - if you want a sort of soft catch where the coin sort of floats into your hand, you follow the coin down with your hand slightly under it and moving a tiny bit faster.
If that coin was a human, that human would feel like they were floating as they would simply see the palm of the hand always just slightly under them, giving the illusion of floating when in fact all you are doing is dropping like a stone with something that is dropping slightly faster.
Not zero gravity is it?

Now let's equate that to what we are told about orbits in space and actually in space itself, away from Earth as we are told.
We are told that astronauts on the ISS fall AROUND the Earth in space orbit and this gives them a zero gravity environment.... That makes no sense.
What would make sense would be for them to be falling to Earth (assuming it was real, which it isn't) and then the astronauts would feel a sense of weightlessness....BUT... the ISS would then have to do what the plane does and keep dropping under power and rising under power,  yet we are told that the ISS just falls round the Earth and only every now and again does it use a bit of power to speed up;  yet the weird part is  (if anyone would like to view a video of it supposedly speeding up)  the astronauts actually move horizontally backwards whilst this supposed action is being performed.... Are you lost?

Take a look at Cady Coleman in the clip where she was giving a supposed interview inside the ISS. She could not keep still. She was either floating up to the roof and had to stop herself (it's comical to watch) and yet a little boost of the station in anotehr video and the astronauts move horizontally from a standing (or should I say, floating) start. It's ridiculous.

Not only that; we also see astronauts supposedly on their way to the moon inside the Apollo command modules... and remember, they are not orbiting at this time, yet we see them floating around in the capsule.... Why? Why would they float?
They are inside a cabin full of air pressure and are not orbiting anything in terms of falling as they go around the moon or Earth, so why in the hell would they float?

glokta

Re: Zero gravity planes are not zero gravity planes.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:19:30 AM »
You are right there is no such thing as a zero gravity plane.
Quote from: sceptimatic
Use your brain. There is no sun in space. You are simply duped.

glokta

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 06:25:44 AM »
They are inside a cabin full of air pressure and are not orbiting
anything in terms of falling as they go around the moon or Earth, so why in the hell would they float?
Think of the example of sitting in a car going at a steady speed. You are not pushed back in your seat unless you are accelerating. Think of dropping a coin, it falls straight down. Now take gravity out of the equation. Why wouldn't they float? Where is the gravity source that would stop them floating?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 06:31:24 AM »
They are inside a cabin full of air pressure and are not orbiting
anything in terms of falling as they go around the moon or Earth, so why in the hell would they float?
Think of the example of sitting in a car going at a steady speed. You are not pushed back in your seat unless you are accelerating. Think of dropping a coin, it falls straight down. Now take gravity out of the equation. Why wouldn't they float? Where is the gravity source that would stop them floating?
There's no reason for them to float. None at all.

glokta

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 06:40:48 AM »
What would stop them floating?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 06:41:55 AM »
More to the point; what would actually make them float. What is the reason for floating?

glokta

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 06:45:57 AM »
Because there is no gravity to do so.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 06:55:42 AM »
Can you tell me how this no gravity works inside a pressurised space craft in a  so called near vacuum of space that makes astronauts FLOAT ?

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 07:10:36 AM »
Can you tell me how this no gravity works inside a pressurised space craft in a  so called near vacuum of space that makes astronauts FLOAT ?
The space craft is falling at the same rate is going around the globe. It is said that a space craft is always falling but because it is going so fast around the earth it stays in orbit.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 07:12:39 AM »
More to the point; what would actually make them float. What is the reason for floating?

There is no gravity in space if you're far enough from the Earth?

Lol...

glokta

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 07:17:56 AM »
They would "float" whether in a pressurised craft or in the hard vacuum of space. It has nothing to do with pressure. Think of the experiments of dropping coins / feathers in a vacuum chamber. They still drop don't they? They don't float as the chamber is still in earths gravity.

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 07:30:09 AM »
So the moon had no gravitational effect on the Apollo spacecraft?

?

Starman

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 07:31:51 AM »
So the moon had no gravitational effect on the Apollo spacecraft?
The effect was exactly the came. Their orbit was lower and slower because the gravity was less.

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 07:36:55 AM »
Is there any footage from Apollo in flight between Earth and the moon?  Do we ever see the sun or other planets?

glokta

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 07:37:34 AM »
Why do you never research your theories before you embarrass yourself publicly? You are arguing against zero gravity planes (something which doesn't exist) and then go on to loosely argue in favour of parabolic flight (which does exist). You also claim gravity doesn't exist whilst going on to use it as a key point in your "floating" astronaut argument, all the time showing you don't understand school grade gravity concepts. I know you think you are "smashing the conspiracy"with these posts. In fact all you are doing is assuming the role of poster boy for conspiracy theorists and reinforcing the image of them being deluded, uneducated simpletons with tragically paranoid inclinations.

?

Starman

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 07:43:35 AM »
Is there any footage from Apollo in flight between Earth and the moon?  Do we ever see the sun or other planets?
The sun and the earth will be there. Plants  are there also but header to see. Look it up for yourself. It may be fun to search for the information. Beside if i do find photos you will say it is fake. Why bother entertaining your request.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:45:59 AM by Starman »

glokta

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 07:48:49 AM »
we are told
that the ISS just falls round the Earth
and only every now and again does it use a bit of power to speed up;  yet the
weird part is  (if anyone would like to view a video of it supposedly
speeding up)  the astronauts actually move horizontally backwards whilst this supposed action is being performed.... Are you lost?
No but I think you may be. What would happen if this was filmed from a different angle? They could appear to move back to front, front to back, top to bottom, bottom to top, left to right, right to left.... It's all relative to your viewpoint.

?

Starman

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 07:59:02 AM »
we are told
speeding up)  the astronauts actually move horizontally backwards whilst this supposed action is being performed.... Are you lost?
No but I think you may be. What would happen if this was filmed from a different angle? They could appear to move back to front, front to back, top to bottom, bottom to top, left to right, right to left.... It's all relative to your viewpoint.
And if I find that video are you going to tell me it is a fake?

?

Starman

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 08:35:51 AM »
we are told
This is not quite want you are asking but worth viewing. This is how the got the famous picture of earth from the moon. Today we have a satellite in orbit around the moon collecting data and taking pictures. It is called LRO.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »
All you are doing is falling slower than the plane is descending. I think anyone with a bit of thought can see this.
No. In fact, people start to feel "0g" when the plane is climbing at approx 45°. Take a look on the various youtube videos, or do it yourself on a little plane, it's quite fun.

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 10:59:46 AM »
The sun and the earth will be there. Plants  are there also but header to see. Look it up for yourself. It may be fun to search for the information. Beside if i do find photos you will say it is fake. Why bother entertaining your request.
Sarcastic much?  I will take that as a no.

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 11:07:18 AM »
No. In fact, people start to feel "0g" when the plane is climbing at approx 45°. Take a look on the various youtube videos, or do it yourself on a little plane, it's quite fun.
Well then, it's not really gravity then is it?  Because gravity is the force that makes things fall to Earth.

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 11:37:49 AM »
I don't see where I'm talking about gravity there.
Anyway, I don't understand your point here, are you saying that gravity can only affect falling objects ?

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 12:32:03 PM »
Well then, it's not really gravity then is it?  Because gravity is the force that makes things fall to Earth.

Gravity is making the passengers in the plane fall, but because the plane is following a path that results in the same rate of downward acceleration, they float relative to the plane.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

ausGeoff

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 12:46:33 PM »
Regardless of people believing in gravity, which is false (in my opinion)...these planes that take people up to experience zero gravity are not doing any such thing if you think about it.

Oh dear..... do we really have to struggle though this painful discussion again?  We've already thrashed this out in another thread here sceptimatic.  Why have you started another one?

The "zero" gravity experienced in the aircraft is a SIMULATION of a weightless environment.  Nothing more; nothing less.

The passengers inside the plane are in free fall relative to the earth.

They're still affected by the earth's gravitational pull.

"Zero gravity" is just the terminology used for these types of experiments instead of "simulated weightlessness".

—End of story.

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 12:54:27 PM »
Gravity is making the passengers in the plane fall, but because the plane is following a path that results in the same rate of downward acceleration, they float relative to the plane.
When it's CLIMBING?

ausGeoff

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 01:28:53 PM »
With all due respect, I really think it'd be helpful for the sake of these discussions for some of the flat earthers to better familiarise themselves with the theoretical aspects of the term "gravity".

This is quite a good site, and explains gravity, its theoretical origins, and its effects in non-technical terms:

GRAVITY FOR BEGINNERS by Edward Hughes

BTW, I'm not trying to be a smart-arse here; I thought it might make these discussions a little easier if we're all coming from a common knowledge base.

:)

glokta

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 01:35:57 PM »
When it's CLIMBING?
yes partly on the ascent.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2014, 02:44:45 PM »
When it's CLIMBING?

Oh dear...

See glokta's post. Note that "0g" starts to happen while the plane's altitude is still increasing (plane is climbing).
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

?

Starman

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2014, 02:47:30 PM »
When it's CLIMBING?

Oh dear...

See glokta's post. Note that "0g" starts to happen while the plane's altitude is still increasing (plane is climbing).
The big airplane can't keep up with the steep climb so it slows down to the amount of 0g. It is like hitting the brakes in your car.