A few quick questions

• 47 Replies

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: A few quick questions
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2007, 03:35:37 PM »
But how would that work. It wouldn't. It wouldn't because if it's continuesly accelerating upward then a plane would come down. Also would other planets be accelerating with us? Literally if they think they know physics they should revise a little because everything in the air would slowly go down like planes air balloons etc.

This has been covered before.  I seriously suggest you do a search, this has been explained by the FEers very adequately.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2007, 03:36:41 PM »
Ya I know that. But in an FE world it would come down because as the Earth speeds up a plane stays steady. since it's steady anything above or below it will move up or down thus making planes crash without flaws in it's system or damage to it's routers, wings, engines, and flaps.

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2007, 03:36:59 PM »
Did you read the FAQ?  ;D
did you read it?

Yes.  It's the FE position that the earth is constantly accelerating upward, as stated in the FAQ.  And many REers who know a lot more about physics than I do have said that this would (more or less) produce the same effect as gravity.  :-\
so, in the end, you're just taking somebody's word for it.
Well, yeah.  I simply don't have the expertise to form my own opinion.  But from what they've posted it makes sense to me; perhaps you should try a search.
search for what.
an vir

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2007, 03:37:40 PM »
But how would that work. It wouldn't. It wouldn't because if it's continuesly accelerating upward then a plane would come down. Also would other planets be accelerating with us? Literally if they think they know physics they should revise a little because everything in the air would slowly go down like planes air balloons etc.

This has been covered before.  I seriously suggest you do a search, this has been explained by the FEers very adequately.

If so what do I put in to search?

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2007, 03:38:06 PM »
did you read it?

Yes.  It's the FE position that the earth is constantly accelerating upward, as stated in the FAQ.  And many REers who know a lot more about physics than I do have said that this would (more or less) produce the same effect as gravity.  :-\
Just to clarify: It would produce the same primary, but not secondary, effects of gravity. Rotational and tidal forces are examples of forces that FE does not account for.
gravataional micro lensing?
That effect is an astronomical effect. RE explains it well. FE can't, as the masses and distances to the stars must necessarily vary by up to over a dozen orders of magnitude (the distance to the Andromeda Galaxy for example). In order for Andromeda to rotate overnight about the North Pole attractor it must be close to the Earth. Standard FE holds the stars to be 3100 miles above the Earth.

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 03:38:55 PM »
Yet people tell me to search for things yet they don't tell me what to search therefore I have no idea or clue to what to search.

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007, 03:39:32 PM »
Ya I know that. But in an FE world it would come down because as the Earth speeds up a plane stays steady. since it's steady anything above or below it will move up or down thus making planes crash without flaws in it's system or damage to it's routers, wings, engines, and flaps.
the plane still has lift, unless the atmosphere is flowing off the backside of the earth. for the record i am an REer.
an vir

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007, 03:41:21 PM »
did you read it?

Yes.  It's the FE position that the earth is constantly accelerating upward, as stated in the FAQ.  And many REers who know a lot more about physics than I do have said that this would (more or less) produce the same effect as gravity.  :-\
Just to clarify: It would produce the same primary, but not secondary, effects of gravity. Rotational and tidal forces are examples of forces that FE does not account for.
gravataional micro lensing?
That effect is an astronomical effect. RE explains it well. FE can't, as the masses and distances to the stars must necessarily vary by up to over a dozen orders of magnitude (the distance to the Andromeda Galaxy for example). In order for Andromeda to rotate overnight about the North Pole attractor it must be close to the Earth. Standard FE holds the stars to be 3100 miles above the Earth.
wtf are you talking about? ???
an vir

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007, 03:44:00 PM »
Yes I know it would still have lift. But if you would think it would get up to the point.(slowly)
As it would level out the Earth would continue to rise and rise and rise. And the plane which wil also rise won't rise fast enough because as you say the Earth accelerates.(Off subject) In they're Q/A they say it moves at 1g if it moves at 1g then why is it continuely accelerating?

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2007, 03:46:34 PM »
Yes I know it would still have lift. But if you would think it would get up to the point.(slowly)
As it would level out the Earth would continue to rise and rise and rise. And the plane which wil also rise won't rise fast enough because as you say the Earth accelerates.(Off subject) In they're Q/A they say it moves at 1g if it moves at 1g then why is it continuely accelerating?

the plane needs to continually exert the same force to remain airborne. This force is identical under the RE and FE model. Either the plane needs to exert force x to keep from falling, or force x to keep accelerating upwards with the earth.

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2007, 06:11:43 PM »

Planes would fly perfectly well on a FE.  The medium a plane moves through is the air, not space (like the earth) and it therefore doesn't need to accelerate as much as the earth does to stay flying, because it already is just sitting on the ground.  The lift the plane creates keeps it off the ground, nothing special.

The earth's 1g is created by its acceleration ::)

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2007, 07:19:34 PM »
I urge you to read the RE Primer on this subject. The answers are there. I hope though that you understand that "moves at 1g" is seriously wrongly worded at best.

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2007, 08:15:07 PM »
Ok this is off subject from planes. But I remembered that in the Q/A it said that the Earth moved at 1g yet you all tell me that it continuelly accelerates. Why do you think it accelerates when it's only moving at 1g?

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2007, 08:19:09 PM »
Ok this is off subject from planes. But I remembered that in the Q/A it said that the Earth moved at 1g yet you all tell me that it continuelly accelerates. Why do you think it accelerates when it's only moving at 1g?
Please hear us. "Moving at 1g" is incorrect. FE holds that it's constantly accelerating at 1g, and that's as measured on the FE.

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2007, 08:24:17 PM »
Please hear us. "Moving at 1g" is incorrect. FE holds that it's constantly accelerating at 1g, and that's as measured on the FE.

Whatever

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2007, 08:35:24 PM »

Whatever
Not really. You need to understand the difference in order to debate this point.

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2007, 05:46:09 AM »
Doesn't this essentially boil down to the difference between acceleration and velocity? Simple, I'm sure this guy understands it, but is being an idiot.

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2007, 07:41:06 AM »

Did you happen to miss...

Planes would fly perfectly well on a FE.  The medium a plane moves through is the air, not space (like the earth) and it therefore doesn't need to accelerate as much as the earth does to stay flying, because it already is just sitting on the ground.  The lift the plane creates keeps it off the ground, nothing special.

The earth's 1g is created by its acceleration ::)