Question about Circle & Square?

• 40 Replies

The One True Rat

• Cannot Understand Sarcasm
Re: Question about Circle & Square?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 01:30:11 PM »
can god not do things that are impossible and out of reach of human understanding?

No, because he is imaginary.
but what if i imagine that he can?

That doesn't have any effect on anything outside your own imagination.
so if i imagine that i am god, then in my mind i am. and therefore can create a square circle that exists only in my mind???

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 01:30:51 PM »
can god not do things that are impossible and out of reach of human understanding?

No, because he is imaginary.
but what if i imagine that he can?

That doesn't have any effect on anything outside your own imagination.
so if i imagine that i am god, then in my mind i am. and therefore can create a square circle that exists only in my mind???

Correct.

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 01:33:49 PM »

Still in definition it will not be called Square...
"And say, `All praise belongs to ALLAH; HE will soon show you HIS Signs, and you will know them.' And thy Lord is not unaware of what you do."

"Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators? "
(Translations of Allah's Words)

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 01:39:53 PM »
Abdul, I agree Christianity is incorrect, but there are solutions to the God/human problem. God could have created an additional limited consciousness, like his own but not his own. I know God doesn't have cells, but as a thought experiment, if you 'clone god' and give the new one a body in which he has no memory and place a limit on his powers, there is no problem.
Square + Circle. Not Square = Circle.  :)
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

The One True Rat

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 01:42:10 PM »

Still in definition it will not be called Square...
as discussed before, the sqaure/circle problem is mere semantics and term condtradiction.

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 01:43:14 PM »
Abdul, I agree Christianity is incorrect, but there are solutions to the God/human problem. God could have created an additional limited consciousness, like his own but not his own. I know God doesn't have cells, but as a thought experiment, if you 'clone god' and give the new one a body in which he has no memory and place a limit on his powers, there is no problem.

Still that clone God would not be called the "Almighty God" by definition of humans universal definition of "Almighty God"

It's like that, can Almighty God be Unlimited and Limited at the same time?
"And say, `All praise belongs to ALLAH; HE will soon show you HIS Signs, and you will know them.' And thy Lord is not unaware of what you do."

The One True Rat

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 01:44:50 PM »

Still that clone God would not be called the "Almighty God" by definition of humans universal definition of "Almighty God"

It's like that, can Almighty God be Unlimited and Limited at the same time?
yes.
if there is god in all of us (us being limited) and god in the seperateness sense (being unlimited).

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2008, 01:55:05 PM »
yes.
if there is god in all of us (us being limited) and god in the seperateness sense (being unlimited).

No that's wrong, that's not a definition of the God. If there is a god as you claim or his power we would say by definition using Divine Powers beyond natural, like miracles of the Prophets. How you would realize the false of what you said simply by comparing "The Almighty God" with the God Inside of you! who should have the title of Almighty God? the Clone God or the God inside of you as you claim or the Almighty God known universal as the Almighty God? of course the later. So no Almighty God cannot be Limited God at the same time you don't need to read books or anything to know that.

The One True Rat

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
first, what god are we talking about?
some whould say that islam is an evolved form of worship to the same god as christians.
do you believe this?

even if you do, god is not consider ALL powerfull to many people, like myself.
ALL pwerfull would imply many contradictions like the one in question.

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2008, 01:59:48 PM »
first, what god are we talking about?
some whould say that islam is an evolved form of worship to the same god as christians.
do you believe this?

even if you do, god is not consider ALL powerfull to many people, like myself.
ALL pwerfull would imply many contradictions like the one in question.

Almost all humans who believe in the Existence of "Almighty God" believe that he have the same attributes (Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Seeks...etc) they all say Almighty God is Immortal, All-Wise, All-Knowing, Unlimited Powers. I am talking about that Almighty God

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2008, 02:21:35 PM »
And that almighty omniscient omnipotent omnibenevolent God would still exist separate from Jesus. Hence son, not clone. A human son of god could have divine attributes.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.