Only asking...

• 102 Replies

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
Re: Only asking...
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2009, 07:55:20 PM »
How do i know when i'm overthinking?
Excuse me, but this place is very familar to all of the regulars here. I on the other hand am just trying to get used to it. I know that not everything here has deep intrinsic meaning, thats obvious from some of the content. I will not stop asking questions if i don't understand or get it.

Also, dongs coming back at ya.

You are already overthinking it. You should read something here, smile, nod, forget about it and read the next thing. There really is no thinking involved.

?

giddsey

• Silence is an argument carried on by other means
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »
Hmmm i disagree. There is a lot of stuff here that is very interesting and requires thought. I do get your point though. I think some of you mean, just shut up asking stupid questions or Fuck  right off will you, and get over yourself while yer at it. I just don't think they are stupid questions that is all.
I have developed a fancy to tickle giddsey and see if he giggles.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2009, 08:09:34 PM »
Hmmm i disagree. There is a lot of stuff here that is very interesting and requires thought. I do get your point though. I think some of you mean, just shut up asking stupid questions or Fuck  right off will you, and get over yourself while yer at it. I just don't think they are stupid questions that is all.

No, your question aren't stupid, and we don't mean just shut up, but you truthfully are looking farther into things than the people that write them. I thought lovely would have prepared you for this.

Sexual Harassment Panda

• Now more sophisticated
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2009, 08:10:02 PM »

Can you learn to overthink your writing, it gave me a headache trying to read that.
|^^^^^^^^^^^\||_____          
|     STFU          |||""'|"""\___            O
| ______________|||___|__|__|)          -|- 
  (@)@)""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)          / \

New Flat Earth FAQ: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30512.0

?

giddsey

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2009, 08:17:01 PM »
No, your question aren't stupid, and we don't mean just shut up, but you truthfully are looking farther into things than the people that write them. I thought lovely would have prepared you for this.
Ok. Bear with me. I'm still getting to know the characters here. I dunno why lovely would prepare me though. Lovely is so so different from here.

?

giddsey

« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2009, 08:21:58 PM »
Can you learn to overthink your writing, it gave me a headache trying to read that.
  No. Can you learn to hide your face, its giving me a headache.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2009, 08:26:38 PM »
Ok. Bear with me. I'm still getting to know the characters here. I dunno why lovely would prepare me though. Lovely is so so different from here.

You're doing it again.

Sexual Harassment Panda

• Now more sophisticated
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2009, 08:27:31 PM »

Can you see my face?
|^^^^^^^^^^^\||_____          
|     STFU          |||""'|"""\___            O
| ______________|||___|__|__|)          -|- 
  (@)@)""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)          / \

New Flat Earth FAQ: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30512.0

?

giddsey

« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2009, 08:54:11 PM »
Sorry saddamm.                                   
Can you see my face?
   Yes, its giving me a headache. Please turn away.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2009, 12:14:33 PM »

From Wiktionary:
overthink
Verb
   1. To think or analyze too much.

This has nothing to do with "just shutting up and stopping asking stupid questions".  It means that you are delving into what people are saying far too much.  Perhaps learning about Occam's Razor will help you.  The simplest solution is more often than not the correct solution.  Also, behold the KISS principle.

If this were some thread concerning existentialism, perhaps that would be an appropriate situation to overthink, but for the most part the FES is full of mostly superficiality.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

giddsey

« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2009, 06:46:16 PM »
"I think some of you mean...". Correct or not thats the impression I get from some of you.

From Wiktionary:
overthink
Verb
   1. To think or analyze too much.

This has nothing to do with "just shutting up and stopping asking stupid questions".  It means that you are delving into what people are saying far too much.  Perhaps learning about Occam's Razor will help you.  The simplest solution is more often than not the correct solution.  Also, behold the KISS principle.

If this were some thread concerning existentialism, perhaps that would be an appropriate situation to overthink, but for the most part the FES is full of mostly superficiality.

I understand what overthink means but disagree that my questions were a case of overthinking. Occam's Razor was interesting to read as i had never heard the term before. Perhaps my responses were not a case of overthinking and more about provoking a response.
Anyway whatever, i'll maybe try and KISS in future. Dunno if it'll be as much fun though.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 07:39:06 PM by stupidface »

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2009, 08:16:40 PM »
Where overthinking is concerned, I'm only referring to your questioning the ducks and comforters comparison.  That's all it was, no hidden meanings or obscure references.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

giddsey

« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2009, 08:49:04 PM »
ok