Some Honest Questions for Flat Earthers

• 8 Replies
Some Honest Questions for Flat Earthers
« on: May 30, 2012, 02:28:19 PM »
1. Are there any prominent Flat Earthers that have ever converted to Round Earthers? Vice Versa?
2. How were you able to make the flat earth map? Did a flat earther sail around the Ice wall and map it out? Kudos if you did.
3. What would happen if you cut a slot in the ice wall to let water through? Would it drain the oceans?
4. Where can I learn more about the mysterious antimoon? Wikipedia seems poorly informed.
5. I feel like I need to learn more about this dark energy model in order to properly give this theory a good thinking. Any good reads?
6. How do you feel about homemade spacecraft such as attaching iphones to weather balloons? Shouldn't someone try releasing such a balloon near the edge of the ice wall so that we can see what the edge of the earth looks like? OR maybe even rent a small aircraft and fly over the ice wall to get a good picture of the edge. I know it would be a lot of work, but think of how many people would convert to FET if you could pull this off.

Sorry to bother you, I'm just terribly interested in this all, it's just never occurred to me that everything I had been taught could be wrong.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:31:59 PM by naysayer »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: Some Honest Questions for Flat Earthers
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 08:07:09 PM »
1. Are there any prominent Flat Earthers that have ever converted to Round Earthers? Vice Versa?

Most FE'ers start out as RE'ers. I am sure there have been FE'ers who were raised as such, and eventually came to conform with society's wider views.

2. How were you able to make the flat earth map? Did a flat earther sail around the Ice wall and map it out? Kudos if you did.

The maps are usually just sketches used to illustrate the concept. However, the Universal Zetetic Society (the progenitor of the Flat Earth Society) did partially map the Earth.

3. What would happen if you cut a slot in the ice wall to let water through? Would it drain the oceans?

There is no simple answer to this question, as it depends on which model is being discussed. However, the short answer is no, as most see the ice-wall as an icy continent, and those who see it as just ice usually don't think it constitutes the Earth's outermost edge.

4. Where can I learn more about the mysterious antimoon? Wikipedia seems poorly informed.

The best thing to do is search here on the forum. Use the search feature at the top of the page.

5. I feel like I need to learn more about this dark energy model in order to properly give this theory a good thinking. Any good reads?

Same as above.

6. How do you feel about homemade spacecraft such as attaching iphones to weather balloons? Shouldn't someone try releasing such a balloon near the edge of the ice wall so that we can see what the edge of the earth looks like? OR maybe even rent a small aircraft and fly over the ice wall to get a good picture of the edge. I know it would be a lot of work, but think of how many people would convert to FET if you could pull this off.

Most feel that such experiments produce results that conform with FET. Most theories about the ice wall preclude the sort of experiments you suggest.

Sorry to bother you, I'm just terribly interested in this all, it's just never occurred to me that everything I had been taught could be wrong.

No problem! Along with politeness, inquisitiveness is one of the things we like most here at the Flat Earth Society. You display both.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 08:08:43 PM »
All great questions. All of them also asked before many times, no doubt.
Expect these responses from the Flat-Earthers:
 Lurk Moar, noob

That's pretty much all they'll give you if you're new.
Even though the FEers don't trust any photo's or maps taken or made by anyone else, they have used maps made by other people to make their flat earth map. They did not send out their own people to sail or fly around the world and make their own FE approved maps (because if they did that, they would know the ice wall ISN'T THERE and that the fastest way in a plane from argentina to australia is NOT to fly up over america and the north pole). They did not employ scientific and mathematical calculations to work out the 'real' shape of the earth and the continents.
They just cut and paste other people's maps in MS paint.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:14:12 PM by Lord Oddfish »
I came. I saw. I poked fun. I tried to explain things. I failed.
But FET will always be widely regarded as ignorant backwards nonsense by 99.99% of earth, regardless of what is said on this forum. Enjoy :)

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 08:12:59 PM »
Expect these responses from the Flat-Earthers:
 Lurk Moar, noob

Please click on this link for information that will help you. That way you won't be proven wrong the moment you make your posts.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 09:50:49 PM »
Almost all threads by new people asking things like  "hey, new here, come on are you guys for real? what about xyz?" are decorated with the "lurk moar" response. Granted, those threads could be considered more aggressive and overtly critical of FET than this one.

In further response to the opening post, numerous private citizens have constructed devices able to achieve great heights and take pictures/film of the earth. None of them support FET, and so all of them are dismissed by FEers as a lie by the conspiracy.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:53:36 PM by Lord Oddfish »
But FET will always be widely regarded as ignorant backwards nonsense by 99.99% of earth, regardless of what is said on this forum. Enjoy :)

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 02:20:42 AM »
My point is that after I posted with a fairly constructive reply, you claimed that the thread would only result in a dismissive response. Your claim was, and is, patently false.

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 09:20:31 AM »
Fair enough responses.

My only other concern is this: How do I know that Flat Earthers are not part of an elaborate hoax designed to prove that the universe can be viewed from an unprovable paradigm?  I guess what I'm saying is, I've read a lot of things online that suggest that anyone who claims to believe in FET is just a troll trying to rouse debate in order to prove that the paradigm of the earth being flat is more or less as unprovable as the existence of God. If I'm to take this stuff seriously, I want to know if the other believers are serious or not.

Of course, you'd never publically admit that you are trolls even if you were, but perhaps on the contrary you could show me something that really proves your belief in FET. I'm not asking for the results of a polygraph test showing that you truly believe in FET, but maybe something similar in nature...? I'm not sure. I just don't want to be duped, that's all.

-Nay

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »
Real Zetetics dont believe that Antarctica is an Ice Wall.
It has been explored, mapped, crossed, ects.
Even some parts of it rock and flora exist plentiful in its short sunny summers.

The ice in no way would hold back the ice withought the rock below it so how does it differ from any other landmass

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 08:35:38 PM »
My point is that after I posted with a fairly constructive reply, you claimed that the thread would only result in a dismissive response. Your claim was, and is, patently false.

I said 'pretty much' all they'll give you. Maybe you should read what I said. Also, I was writing mine when you posted yours.
But you did indeed surpass my expectations. Well done. You win a smiley sticker.