• 159 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: No solar visor on helmet ON THE MOON
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2014, 06:53:03 AM »
Show me how they actually measured it?
Okay, here is an actual demonstration:
#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">How to Measure the Speed of Light
So why did they use a 22 mile mirror for this experiment if it was so easy?
Probably because oscilloscopes weren't that accurate (or may not have even existed) back then.  Remember that scientists have been measuring the speed of light for a very long time.

I'm not swallowing this stuff mind you. Yeah it all looks hunky dory of people are prepared to believe in this nano second crap. I mean, one billionth of a second. Believe it if you want but it's all garbage science as far as I'm concerned.
???  I'm sorry but are you saying that a second can't be divided into a billion parts?  You do realize that the computer you're using right now more than likely has components (like the CPU) that work with much tighter timing than that, don't you?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2014, 08:34:04 AM »
An average computer processor runs 3-4 billion processes per second.  That is 0.3 nanoseconds Scepti.  Spend the rest of the day letting that percolate in the cowboy coffee maker of your mind.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2014, 08:55:25 AM »
An average computer processor runs 3-4 billion processes per second.  That is 0.3 nanoseconds Scepti.  Spend the rest of the day letting that percolate in the cowboy coffee maker of your mind.
This is actually another thing scepti denies.  He denies that there are billions of transistors on modern processors as well.

I don't know why - either his poor mind cannot grasp such feats of engineering, or he just likes being a twat.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2014, 09:50:15 AM »
This is actually another thing scepti denies.  He denies that there are billions of transistors on modern processors as well.

I don't know why - either his poor mind cannot grasp such feats of engineering, or he just likes being a twat.

Can't it be both?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2014, 11:12:18 AM »

Can't it be both?
Yes, that was a false dichotomy.

I suspect it is a bit of both.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2014, 03:46:29 PM »

What I don't want to see you write, is, " oh, they saw this planet move and calculated this and came up with that", because you know what I think of your planets.

What I want to know, is how they measured the speed of light on Earth. On Earth; not by space in any way, shape of form. Ok, over to you.

Since you don't want any astronomical methods, here's an earth-based method that has been discussed before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light#Time_of_flight_techniques
Would you like to explain it briefly in your own words?

As has been made clear between the quoted post and now, explaining this to you in my own words would be utterly pointless. You would simply slip straight into name-calling/conspiracy/fantasy/bullshit mode like you always do.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

mathsman

• one of the lads
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2014, 12:16:29 AM »

What I don't want to see you write, is, " oh, they saw this planet move and calculated this and came up with that", because you know what I think of your planets.

What I want to know, is how they measured the speed of light on Earth. On Earth; not by space in any way, shape of form. Ok, over to you.

Since you don't want any astronomical methods, here's an earth-based method that has been discussed before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light#Time_of_flight_techniques
Would you like to explain it briefly in your own words?

As has been made clear between the quoted post and now, explaining this to you in my own words would be utterly pointless. You would simply slip straight into name-calling/conspiracy/fantasy/bullshit mode like you always do.

I wish I'd said that to him instead of wasting my time.

« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2014, 06:55:54 AM »
He just likes playing games.  Getting people to write out long answers then calling it bullshit and laughing at them.

He's your classic little troll with little going on in his life, so gets a kick out of winding people up on random forums.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2014, 08:28:32 AM »
He just likes playing games.  Getting people to write out long answers then calling it bullshit and laughing at them.

He's your classic little troll with little going on in his life, so gets a kick out of winding people up on random forums.
You're getting yourself wound up. You don't need me to do that for you. You all get wound up because you can't make people choose your brainwashed methods and get all hot under the collar when someone has a different take on things.

I believe we are being lied to on a huge scale, so I'm hardly going to agree with what you come up with, am I.
I get called all kinds of things for my theories but here I am, taking it all and happy to do so, while you lot sit there and moan like little kids about not having your typed out words taken seriously.
You're happy to type them out and say, "so scepti, you lunatic, nutter, this is how it works, so there and we aren't being lied to, you trolling ad hominem atttacking idiot." You know, stuff like that. It's fine for you lot to reel that off isn't it, because you think you are right. Guess what? I think I'm right as well, so I'm playing it my way.

When you all stop reading your little novels about space and actually put some of your own thoughts into it, I'm all ears. If I don't like your constant regurgitated nonsense, I'll let you know.
I'm a pain in your global arse and that's how I like it, because you conform to my thinking not the other way around. You either choose the flat Earth or my thoughts, you don't get to spew global Earth nonsense and expect no comeback on it. I'm in charge of you, you have no say.

Are we clear on this?

« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
You don't half babble on.  I never read all that shite  - life is too short for your inane dribblings.

You are either a troll, or clinically insane.  I suspect the former, though it could easily be both.