FE and Deism

• 92 Replies
Re: FE and Deism
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2011, 07:34:26 AM »
So, a spider creating a web so perfectly, and an emerging butterfly just 'happened one day'? - just like that, no higher exsistence planning it?
It didn't happen just one day, but yes, no higher existence planned it.
Proof?
It didn't just happen one day -- evolution
no higher existence planned it -- zetetic observation
I didn't realize evolution disproves a higher power! Enlighten me how that occurs.
It doesn't, you are right. However, I never claimed that it did. You asked for proof that "it didn't just happen one day," and I provided it.
I ask for proof that "no higher existence planned it"
There is no zetetic reason to believe in a higher existence.

?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2011, 08:06:39 AM »
When there's evidence for a deity, I'll believe.

Also, where did the deity come from?  Surely if the universe 'had to have a creator', the deity must have as well.  Something that perfect just coming from nowhere?  Absurd!

There is nothing perfect about Christianity's deity.

Lets think about the story.  God loves you.  He puts you in a flawed body, where your decision making abilities are controlled by chemicals and hormones.  Your values are taught to you by randomly determined people, with random amounts of flaws and morals.

The decisions that you make while in this short term chemically driven body will effect the fate of your soul for all of eternity.

Sounds like a sick joke played by an evil little man with serious mental problems.   Or total BS
Gather round my gentle sheep, I have a wonderful spherical story for you

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2011, 02:58:53 PM »
I could not agree more.  That's why specific religions will always be absolutely ridiculous to me, how they can dismiss other religions' deities as absurd and then act as if their deity is any more sensible.

Deism I can understand.  I don't believe it myself, not until I have reason to, but I can easily see the reasoning behind it and think it's a lot less ridiculous than specific religions...especially the ones with a personal god.
Recently listened to: