HURRICANE HARVEY, ENGINEERED STORM?

• 293 Replies

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
Re: HURRICANE HARVEY, ENGINEERED STORM?
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2017, 04:28:39 AM »

No, no. It was a real storm. But in Texas, when you build a town, no gutters are required so that water can escape. It seems, to save money, gutters are not required in Texas.

You are enthusiastically stupid.
Probably the most pathetic humanoid I have ever had the displeasure of noticing.

Hm, if gutters (water escapes) had been fitted, the water would have flowed away and there would have been no flooding and destruction of Houston.

Of course, gutters must have the right size and be kept clean to allow water to escape but at Houston ... no gutters at all!

If you have gutters, why are you up here and not where you belong you piece of shit?

In flat areas sometimes there is so much water that it can't be all drained fast enough, and the gutters fill up. You know, kind of how it takes quite a while for the water to drain from a full bathtub once you remove the tap. Of course they had gutters. Mocking them for supposedly not having gutters just shows that you're completely ignorant and a horrible person.

So they had gutters but they were not big enough so I am ignorant and a horrible person. Typical American twerp reaction. Or Houston is below sea level like great parts of Holland and is thus flooded, when it rains, even if it does not happen in Holland.
Sorry, the cause of the Houston disaster is a typical twerp error.
When was the last time Holland had 50 inches of rain in four day period.  There isn't a city in the world that can handle that amount of rain in a short period of time.  Of course your engineering skills suck so that concept was probably lost on you.

Mike
Hm, I lived/worked year 1977 in Holland/Rotterdam/Schiedam/Vlaardingen and it was raining most (95/100) of the time ... but no flooding. And my biz is safety at sea, i.e. keep the water out ... you are safe.
At Houston/TX/USA the twerps thought that Donald Trump would come and pump away the rain water. But he didn't. He was on vaccation playing golf.
Please don't blame me for it.
You're a liar. Holland gets less rain in a year than Houston got in four days.

Mike
You are wrong!

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2017, 04:35:05 AM »

No, no. It was a real storm. But in Texas, when you build a town, no gutters are required so that water can escape. It seems, to save money, gutters are not required in Texas.

Probably the most pathetic humanoid I have ever had the displeasure of noticing.

Hm, if gutters (water escapes) had been fitted, the water would have flowed away and there would have been no flooding and destruction of Houston.

Of course, gutters must have the right size and be kept clean to allow water to escape but at Houston ... no gutters at all!

If you have gutters, why are you up here and not where you belong you piece of shit?

In flat areas sometimes there is so much water that it can't be all drained fast enough, and the gutters fill up. You know, kind of how it takes quite a while for the water to drain from a full bathtub once you remove the tap. Of course they had gutters. Mocking them for supposedly not having gutters just shows that you're completely ignorant and a horrible person.

So they had gutters but they were not big enough so I am ignorant and a horrible person. Typical American twerp reaction. Or Houston is below sea level like great parts of Holland and is thus flooded, when it rains, even if it does not happen in Holland.
When was the last time Holland had 50 inches of rain in four day period.  There isn't a city in the world that can handle that amount of rain in a short period of time.  Of course your engineering skills suck so that concept was probably lost on you.

Mike
Hm, I lived/worked year 1977 in Holland/Rotterdam/Schiedam/Vlaardingen and it was raining most (95/100) of the time ... but no flooding. And my biz is safety at sea, i.e. keep the water out ... you are safe.
At Houston/TX/USA the twerps thought that Donald Trump would come and pump away the rain water. But he didn't. He was on vaccation playing golf.

Mike
You are wrong!
According to these links Holland gets approximately 70-80 cm of rain a year.  Houston got 1-1.25 METERS of rain in 4 days.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Netherlands/precipitation-annual-average.php

https://weather-and-climate.com/average-monthly-Rainfall-Temperature-Sunshine-in-Netherlands

http://www.holland.com/global/tourism/plan-your-holiday/weather/typically-dutch-weather.htm

You’re not only a liar but you aren’t man enough to admit you’re wrong.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2017, 05:21:01 AM »

Lol Heiwa.

Edit. If I could be bothered I'd shop heiwas head onto the character.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 05:24:34 AM by disputeone »
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Heiwa

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2017, 11:36:03 AM »

Mike

Mike
You are wrong!
According to these links Holland gets approximately 70-80 cm of rain a year.  Houston got 1-1.25 METERS of rain in 4 days.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Netherlands/precipitation-annual-average.php

https://weather-and-climate.com/average-monthly-Rainfall-Temperature-Sunshine-in-Netherlands

http://www.holland.com/global/tourism/plan-your-holiday/weather/typically-dutch-weather.htm

Mike

What about the gutters? It seems Houston hasn't gutters to evacuate rain water. Some clown said that Houston people have bath tubs and that, if you remove the plug in it, the water will flow out, but I have such a bath tub too. And I do not live in Houston. And I do not take a bath when it rains. I swim in the Med every day. When the Sun shines.
You sound like a jihadist terrorist, Mike. No brains at all.

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2017, 12:49:00 PM »

Mike

Mike
You are wrong!

Mike

What about the gutters? It seems Houston hasn't gutters to evacuate rain water. Some clown said that Houston people have bath tubs and that, if you remove the plug in it, the water will flow out, but I have such a bath tub too. And I do not live in Houston. And I do not take a bath when it rains. I swim in the Med every day. When the Sun shines.
You sound like a jihadist terrorist, Mike. No brains at all.
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?  Gutters weren’t the problem.  The roads have gutters; most houses have gutters, and tall building have roof drainage systems.  None of that had anything to do the flooding.

You can’t tell that any city in the world that gets over a meter of rain in four days will flood?  Are you really such an incompetent engineer that you think gutters would handle a meter of rain?  My God, get a clue will you!

How about you do a little research of your own and find out the real reasons Houston flooded so we don’t have to keep spoon feeding you answers.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2017, 02:22:06 PM »
Some clown said that Houston people have bath tubs and that, if you remove the plug in it, the water will flow out, but I have such a bath tub too. And I do not live in Houston. And I do not take a bath when it rains. I swim in the Med every day. When the Sun shines.

What the fuck are you talking about? I've never had the privilege to converse with anyone as impressively dense as you, I am impressed. Here's what I said:

"In flat areas sometimes there is so much water that it can't be all drained fast enough, and the gutters fill up. You know, kind of how it takes quite a while for the water to drain from a full bathtub once you remove the tap."

It's called an analogy you senile curmudgeon. Can you not comprehend it? Was your take away seriously that the water drained through their bath tubs?? Look, I would hesitate to say this for anyone, but... Even Intikam is more reasonable, intelligent and makes more sense than you. That is saying a lot. "I do not take a bath when it rains". Wow. You made me almost suffocate laughing. This is unhealthy.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2017, 02:29:32 PM »
Wow, This thread got super Dumb...
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2017, 02:30:26 PM »
Wow, This thread got super Dumb...

Wrong!  This thread just Heiwa'd!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2017, 02:34:45 PM »
I think Heiwa has outdone himself this thread which is saying something.

Let me use all my engineering skills, education and experience to help with this subject.

Hmm...a city that is below sea level and it gets over 4 feet of rain in under 4 days.

Yep definitely the gutters...
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Pezevenk

« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2017, 02:51:18 PM »
I think it's just fucking hilarious.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Heiwa

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2017, 10:36:09 PM »
Some clown said that Houston people have bath tubs and that, if you remove the plug in it, the water will flow out, but I have such a bath tub too. And I do not live in Houston. And I do not take a bath when it rains. I swim in the Med every day. When the Sun shines.

What the fuck are you talking about? I've never had the privilege to converse with anyone as impressively dense as you, I am impressed. Here's what I said:

"In flat areas sometimes there is so much water that it can't be all drained fast enough, and the gutters fill up. You know, kind of how it takes quite a while for the water to drain from a full bathtub once you remove the tap."

It's called an analogy you senile curmudgeon. Can you not comprehend it? Was your take away seriously that the water drained through their bath tubs?? Look, I would hesitate to say this for anyone, but... Even Intikam is more reasonable, intelligent and makes more sense than you. That is saying a lot. "I do not take a bath when it rains". Wow. You made me almost suffocate laughing. This is unhealthy.

Hm, if the gutters fill up and do not drain away the water, they are incorrectly designed, and this seems to be the case of Houston. And yes, it doesn't rain all the time at Houston so you have to design for the worst case.
I remember visiting Albuquerque, NM, in the middle of a desert where it seldom rains and the town is full of enormous, wide 100', deep 50', gutters with 1" of water at the bottom, when I was there. Maybe when the snow melts in the mountains, they fill up?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2017, 10:43:11 PM »
Heiwa probably thinks forest fires are caused by too many trees.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2017, 10:43:33 PM »
If you're going to rebuild, I say use permeable concrete (if it wasn't already in place)

But holy hell man, a metre of water in a few days as well as those winds would test even the greatest made management system
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:45:25 PM by Shifter »

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2017, 11:02:51 PM »
Heiwa just stop.

You
I'm anti-judaism.

Heiwa

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2017, 12:30:41 AM »
Heiwa just stop.

You

Why would I stop? I remember September 1994 when M/S Estonia sank and ~1000 persons drowned. The Swedish prime minister announced same day that the bow visor had fallen off, blah, blah, blah. Knowing well that bow visors cannot fall off ships (I operated similar ships), I explained and proved it, and was told by the Swedish government, experts and media that I was an idiot.

I also remember 911 2001 watching NY skyscrapers collapse live on TV from top down producing fountains of smoke and dust. Knowing well basic structural design and damage analysis, I could prove the footage was fakery. It was not popular in certain circles with their particular interests.  GWB’s blah, blah, blah about Arabs were just that – blah, blah, blah. I was again called an idiot.

I was actually then, 2001, doing a little research in Saxony, Germany, where Stalin got his uranium ore to build his atomic bomb 1945/9. No uranium was actually mined there, so Stalin could not have built and exploded an a-bomb 1949. It was just fakery.

It reminded me of my stay in Japan 1972/6. I had two colleagues, who had been boys at Hiroshima and Nagasaki 1945. They had not experienced any FLASHES and their towns disappearing in one sudden ball of fire.  So also the US a-bombs were fakery! Why not? They stopped WW2 in a week. But it was against the law to say so. So again I was called an idiot by people that love a-bombs and killing civilians.

So there is plenty fake news around that has become historical truth. Plenty people believe that Americans have been pissing on the Moon, too, while it is very easy to prove it was just a funny show made on Earth. The Americans are quite good at inventing things. 

And now this Houston disaster. 100% man made! No means to drain away rain water. But another explanation will be invented. It doesn’t solve any problem, though.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2017, 12:49:46 AM »
I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Heiwa actually. Poor bastard has been trolled his whole life.  :-\ :'(

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2017, 02:32:36 AM »
I implore you to watch this video.

Trigger warning, you hear them die. I get very emotional watching it, and very angry. As I said it keeps me up at night. My opinion that justice hasn't been served only compounds this.

I will listen to it once again. I hope you do too. It always upsets me.

The 9/11 truth movement started with families of victims that wanted justice.

You are a despicable person. It's not too late to reclaim what you lost Heiwa. I implore you to try before you pass away. You are still human.

The victims of 9/11 live on in my heart, I won't sleep peacefully until I believe justice has been served. This is just a part of being a human.
I'm anti-judaism.

Pezevenk

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2017, 02:35:33 AM »
I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Heiwa actually. Poor bastard has been trolled his whole life.  :-\ :'(

It must be interesting to live in a perpetual state of being trolled without knowing it.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2017, 02:41:03 AM »

Hm, if the gutters fill up and do not drain away the water, they are incorrectly designed, and this seems to be the case of Houston. And yes, it doesn't rain all the time at Houston so you have to design for the worst case.
I remember visiting Albuquerque, NM, in the middle of a desert where it seldom rains and the town is full of enormous, wide 100', deep 50', gutters with 1" of water at the bottom, when I was there. Maybe when the snow melts in the mountains, they fill up?
You are without a doubt the worst engineer I’ve ever talked to.  House gutters have NOTHING to do with this.  Whether rain comes out of the downspout or just cascades off the roof makes no difference.  It’s still makes it to the ground.

The fact is no city can handle 1.25m of rain in four days.  Not even yours.

Clearly, you have no clue what you’re talking about.  That’s evident by the fact you believe that roof gutters have anything to do with how much rain an infrastructure can handle...as if that even makes sense.

So, which is it?  Are you an incompetent engineer or just a fucking troll?

Mike

Pezevenk

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2017, 03:18:18 AM »

Mike

Well, he could be a troll, but I don't think he's fucking anyone with looks like that.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Heiwa

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2017, 03:34:30 AM »

You are without a doubt the worst engineer I’ve ever talked to.  House gutters have NOTHING to do with this.  Whether rain comes out of the downspout or just cascades off the roof makes no difference.  It’s still makes it to the ground.

Clearly, you have no clue what you’re talking about.  That’s evident by the fact you believe that roof gutters have anything to do with how much rain an infrastructure can handle...as if that even makes sense.

Mike

I am a very competent engineer of ship structures, etc. Town planning is not my biz but it seems the new parts of Houston built the last 20 years are located on lowlying wet land around the old place and ... they forgot the gutters and canals to drain away rain water. Maybe the land was not suitable for building houses?
To hide the facts they invent that it was an enormous storm only happening every 1000 years, blah, blah, blah. So it will happen again.

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2017, 03:43:56 AM »

Mike

I am a very competent engineer of ship structures, etc. Town planning is not my biz but it seems the new parts of Houston built the last 20 years are located on lowlying wet land around the old place and ... they forgot the gutters and canals to drain away rain water. Maybe the land was not suitable for building houses?
To hide the facts they invent that it was an enormous storm only happening every 1000 years, blah, blah, blah. So it will happen again.
So now they're lying about the amount of rain...and I suppose you have some kind of evidence for this.  Of course you don't.  You're just a lying sack of shit trying to cover up how inept you are with some conspiracy theory strawman argument.

STFU!

Mike

Heiwa

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2017, 04:03:44 AM »

Mike

So now they're lying about the amount of rain...and I suppose you have some kind of evidence for this.  Of course you don't.  You're just a lying sack of shit trying to cover up how inept you are with some conspiracy theory strawman argument.

STFU!

Mike

No, I am just suggesting why Houston was flooded. Of course it rained - it always rains - but the flooding was due to lack of ... gutters and similar.

Only twerps use foul language. It seems your mother forgot to tell you.

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2017, 04:42:54 AM »

Mike

STFU!

Mike

No, I am just suggesting why Houston was flooded. Of course it rained - it always rains - but the flooding was due to lack of ... gutters and similar.

Only twerps use foul language. It seems your mother forgot to tell you.
There you go with that shoddy research again.

You have zero basis to assert that any city could handle a meter of rain. Let alone a city you know nothing about.

Still making shit up.

If you don't like my language you can just fuck off.

Mike

?

frenat

« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2017, 06:10:37 AM »

Why would I stop?
Yes, why would he stop?  As a narcissist he is incapable of admitting he is wrong.  His ego won't allow him to.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2017, 06:31:46 AM »
You have zero basis to assert that any city could handle a meter of rain. Let alone a city you know nothing about.

Well, it does look like Houston does have a fairly long history of flooding with far less than a meter of rain at a time.
Founded in 1836 where the Buffalo Bayou met White Oak Bayou, Houston has faced many floods. Not long after being established, the settlement flooded. Initially swamp land, people began to try and drain the area. Done with no planning, draining the land did not account for flooding rains. Flooding rains would come again and again over the next 180+ years.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2017, 07:32:52 AM »

Well, it does look like Houston does have a fairly long history of flooding with far less than a meter of rain at a time.
Founded in 1836 where the Buffalo Bayou met White Oak Bayou, Houston has faced many floods. Not long after being established, the settlement flooded. Initially swamp land, people began to try and drain the area. Done with no planning, draining the land did not account for flooding rains. Flooding rains would come again and again over the next 180+ years.
You are correct.  It has been a long time problem in Houston.  But, is has nothing to do with gutters.  The biggest problem they have is the tight clay soil structure.  It doesn’t allow the soil to absorb much water so the only method of removal is run off.  They have a huge network of ditches, storm drains, roadway grates, sewers, etc. that was designed to handle thirteen inches in a twenty four hour period. 

Due to the amount of non-permeable hardscape and heavy clay soil structure even that barely controls the flooding during the normal downpours they have.  Now we have the system limit received for four straight days.  It just couldn’t keep up.

The truth is that any city of that size would have had catastrophic flooding with that amount of rain but it was compounded by the unique natural conditions coupled the non-permeable hardscape.

Since dickless is supposed to be an engineer, he should have realized that over a meter of rain in one location in such a short period of time would be a disaster for any city.  Heiwa obviously has a very limited problem solving ability.  Hell, anyone with google could have found out what was going on in about ten minutes.  Apparently Anders doesn’t know how to use a search engine so he resorts to illogical, unfounded assumptions.

Either that or he really is nothing but a fuckin’ troll.

Mike

Heiwa

« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »

You are correct.  It has been a long time problem in Houston.  But, is has nothing to do with gutters.  The biggest problem they have is the tight clay soil structure.  It doesn’t allow the soil to absorb much water so the only method of removal is run off.  They have a huge network of ditches, storm drains, roadway grates, sewers, etc. that was designed to handle thirteen inches in a twenty four hour period. 

Due to the amount of non-permeable hardscape and heavy clay soil structure even that barely controls the flooding during the normal downpours they have.  Now we have the system limit received for four straight days.  It just couldn’t keep up.

The truth is that any city of that size would have had catastrophic flooding with that amount of rain but it was compounded by the unique natural conditions coupled the non-permeable hardscape.

Since dickless is supposed to be an engineer, he should have realized that over a meter of rain in one location in such a short period of time would be a disaster for any city.  Heiwa obviously has a very limited problem solving ability.  Hell, anyone with google could have found out what was going on in about ten minutes.  Apparently Anders doesn’t know how to use a search engine so he resorts to illogical, unfounded assumptions.

Either that or he really is nothing but a fuckin’ troll.

Mike

Yes, this is what I said from the beginning. Someone forgot to fit gutters in the Houston hardscape ... and what was on the hardscape was flooded when it rained, due to lack of gutters.

You sound like a guttersnipe.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2017, 09:38:15 AM »

Yes, this is what I said from the beginning. Someone forgot to fit gutters in the Houston hardscape ... and what was on the hardscape was flooded when it rained, due to lack of gutters.

If Houston was nothing but one immense gutter, it would still be flooded.

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2017, 10:00:29 AM »

If Houston was nothing but one immense gutter, it would still be flooded.
Don't bother. He's clueless.