Immigration/Border Policies (Arizona Bill)

• 390 Replies

theonlydann

• Official Member
Re: Arizona's bill on immigration.
« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2010, 09:16:12 AM »
Awesome.  So if I accuse Barrack Obama of stealing my money, we can just have him arrested and thrown in jail right?
Naw. Because their is no obvious motive for that one... nor is it likely such a  cut and dry occurrence would happen.

NOW... if you reported your wallie missing, and it turned up in Obammers front pocket, and it had your ID in and such in it... then yes.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2010, 09:40:44 AM »
Thats what i'm saying!

You catch a mofo in a car that ain't his, and the owner says it was stolen, THROW THE ASS IN PRISON!

Forget a trial.

So if I lend you my car, and then I report it to the police as stolen, we should just throw your ass in prison?

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2010, 09:43:23 AM »
Thats what i'm saying!

You catch a mofo in a car that ain't his, and the owner says it was stolen, THROW THE ASS IN PRISON!

Forget a trial.

So if I lend you my car, and then I report it to the police as stolen, we should just throw your ass in prison?

Only if he's black, I suppose.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2010, 09:58:03 AM »
Thats what i'm saying!

Forget a trial.

If i were dumb enough to borrow your ve3hicle without written permission as proof? Yes.
Thats what i'm saying!

Forget a trial.

Only if he's black, I suppose.
Racist.

Brown and yellow commit crimes also.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2010, 12:10:17 PM »
I'm getting the feeling that you're trolling here, Dann.  Do we really have to have a discussion on the importance of having a fair criminal justice system?

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #245 on: May 26, 2010, 12:15:13 PM »
Why do you hate Due Process of Law, Dann?

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #246 on: May 26, 2010, 12:21:05 PM »
I'm getting the feeling that you're trolling here, Dann.  Do we really have to have a discussion on the importance of having a fair criminal justice system?
What's unfair about sending criminals to jail?

ABUSE of due process. I mean... 15 people see a mofo shoot a man. The police catch him with the murder weapon and a gun. SEND HIM TO PRISON. Fuck a trial yo.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #247 on: May 26, 2010, 12:33:49 PM »
He would be convicted if they connected him to the murder weapon and there were witnesses.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #248 on: May 26, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »
He would be convicted if they connected him to the murder weapon and there were witnesses.
Why waste time on the trial?

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #249 on: May 26, 2010, 12:41:57 PM »
What if the defense proves that he had been framed?

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2010, 12:44:13 PM »
If 15 people and the police hate him enough to bear false witness and allow another person to die, then he must be an asshole. Let him go to prison. It's not like he's getting executed.

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2010, 01:05:47 PM »

ABUSE of due process. I mean... 15 people see a mofo shoot a man. The police catch him with the murder weapon and a gun. SEND HIM TO PRISON. Fuck a trial yo.

Because of the way this has been abused in the past and present.  The fact that police have been known to plant evidence, and beat confessions out of people.

What you are saying in your above example is actually "If the police claim this person committed a crime and claim that 15 people identified that person, (and they are not white) then that is evidence enough that this person did in fact commit the crime".  There is no need for the government to actually prove that their claims are correct, nor to give the accused the opportunity to defend him/herself against such claims, because the government is omnipotent, right?

If you go that route we might as well return to the days of the Salem witch trials.

Angy Protestant Villager:  "Burn her, she is a witch!"
Crazy Left Wing Civil Liberties Extremist: "But how do you know she is a witch?"
Angry Protestant Villager:  "Didn't you just hear the Magistrate?  He told us that she is a witch!  BURN HER!"
CLWCLE:  "Did the Magistrate provide any evidence that she is a witch?  How do we know that the claims made are accurate?"
APV:  "Off with you now!  We had a trial, the witnesses said that they heard from this other person who heard from somebody else that she casted spell on the village and summoned the devil!  Then she started making the girls scream in pain right there in the court room with her black magic! that was proof enough for the Magistrate that she is a witch!"

Do you believe in witches Dann?

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2010, 01:11:57 PM »
No, but i believe in Bitches. Stop being one.

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2010, 01:17:34 PM »

Do you believe that a government's claim of somebody's guilt is evidence enough that they are in fact guilty?

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #254 on: May 26, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »

Do you believe that a government's claim of somebody's guilt is evidence enough that they are in fact guilty?
No way. The government is corrupt! That's why i don't think they should be in charge of laws.

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2010, 01:22:18 PM »

Then what forum should be used to put forth the above evidence, without a trial?

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2010, 01:25:07 PM »

Then what forum should be used to put forth the above evidence, without a trial?
Street justice, lynch mobs, vigilantes (the good kind, like batman or V.) and police that are hired, and not elected. Maybe a few respected local leaders... but only a few and only local ones.

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2010, 01:28:22 PM »

Street justice, lynch mobs, vigilantes (the good kind, like batman or V.) and police that are hired, and not elected. Maybe a few respected local leaders... but only a few and only local ones.

So in other words, Mob rule.  Similar to the Salem witch trials.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #258 on: May 26, 2010, 01:33:46 PM »

So in other words, Mob rule.  Similar to the Salem witch trials.
Similar. But no killing. Unless they were a jerk when getting sentenced. I HATE PEOPLE HWO DONT ACCEPT THEIR FATE!

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2010, 01:56:44 PM »

Trial = Due Process

You be trollin, boy/.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2010, 03:09:03 PM »
Meh. I see no problem with holding a car thief a few more days.

Right, because the fact that he was arrested and charged for it, also means he is guilty.

True.  Also, even if he is guilty, that doesn't justify the police denying him his constitutional right of bail.

Wat

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #261 on: May 26, 2010, 03:15:17 PM »

Right, because the fact that he was arrested and charged for it, also means he is guilty.

True.  Also, even if he is guilty, that doesn't justify the police denying him his constitutional right of bail.

Wat

I'm guessing you disagree..? Go on.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

Wat

The way bail works is that you pay a certain amount of money to the court, which will be held as collateral to ensure your return.  Bail can be denied by the judge sometimes, but it wasn't in this case.  The man's bail was set.  He paid it, and should have been free to leave.  But then the police refused to let him go.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2010, 03:52:47 PM »

Wat

The way bail works is that you pay a certain amount of money to the court, which will be held as collateral to ensure your return.  Bail can be denied by the judge sometimes, but it wasn't in this case.  The man's bail was set.  He paid it, and should have been free to leave.  But then the police refused to let him go.

I get that they were wrong to not release him, but i fail to she the constitutional violation. At wrose they violated protocal and can be punished for it, but I don't see any constitutional problem.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2010, 03:57:56 PM »

Trial = Due Process

You be trollin, boy/.
YEA? Wanna make something of it?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2010, 04:44:20 PM »

Wat

I get that they were wrong to not release him, but i fail to she the constitutional violation. At wrose they violated protocal and can be punished for it, but I don't see any constitutional problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #266 on: May 26, 2010, 05:08:30 PM »

Wat

I get that they were wrong to not release him, but i fail to she the constitutional violation. At worse they violated protocol and can be punished for it, but I don't see any constitutional problem.

Ok, I guess that can be considered "cruel and unusual punishments". Point taken, and mine is conceded.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #267 on: May 27, 2010, 03:52:29 AM »

Wat

No where in the constitution does it say they have to release him if he posts bail.

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #268 on: May 27, 2010, 04:22:23 AM »
No where in the constitution does it say they have to release him if he posts bail.

Perhaps because the realease associated with bail is in the legal definition:

noun:
Security, such as cash, a bond, or property, pledged or given to a court by or on behalf of one accused of committing a crime, to obtain release from incarceration and to ensure the person?s future appearance in court when required during the criminal proceeding. See also preventive detention and recognizance.

verb:
To obtain for oneself or another the release from incarceration by providing security to ensure the person?s future appearance at every stage in a criminal proceeding.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #269 on: May 27, 2010, 04:38:04 AM »

Perhaps because the realease associated with bail is in the legal definition:

noun:
Security, such as cash, a bond, or property, pledged or given to a court by or on behalf of one accused of committing a crime, to obtain release from incarceration and to ensure the person?s future appearance in court when required during the criminal proceeding. See also preventive detention and recognizance.

verb:
To obtain for oneself or another the release from incarceration by providing security to ensure the person?s future appearance at every stage in a criminal proceeding.

Its a stretch....its almost the which came first argument though.