Another mass shooting...

• 2582 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #660 on: March 01, 2018, 04:40:34 AM »
Nearly like it isn't the guns killing people but other people?
How is that related to my post?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #661 on: March 01, 2018, 10:21:15 AM »
Nearly like it isn't the guns killing people but other people?
Sure that it's not the guns doing the killing? I mean, do you find bullets in dead people or do you find 'other people' in them?
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #662 on: March 01, 2018, 10:25:20 AM »
Are you kinkshaming?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #663 on: March 01, 2018, 10:35:29 AM »
Oh wow, spacecow... really?
You trying to ant hill me?

Member of the BOTD

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #664 on: March 01, 2018, 01:35:42 PM »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #665 on: March 01, 2018, 09:30:50 PM »
The guns, dahnald.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #666 on: March 01, 2018, 10:16:52 PM »

This could easily become my favorite retort.   

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #667 on: March 02, 2018, 02:28:09 PM »
This kind of thing did not happen when I was in high school, and we had guns back then.  This seems to be a snowflake generation epidemic.
Well it sure does happen now and doesn't really happen where people don't have guns so...

Actually, statistically speaking, the EU has more mass shootings at a more frequent rate with more casualties than we do.
Actually, that's complete bullshit. If you read it somewhere it's either an outright lie or someone manipulated data.

Ok. Then address this.
https://crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/
Lol you do realize that most of these countries have VERY small populations compared to the US right? If 1 shooting happens there it will glide up to the top of the chart in no time, with many countries not even having a single shooting in recent history. That doesn't say anything about Europe in general. Norway had 1 shooting and that's it. But it was extremely deadly and the population is low. Even if no shootings happen there for the next 10 years and the rate of shootings increases in the US it will still be way up there. I don't find it very surprising in France, because of the terrorist attacks, which is a different issue altogether, and countries like Albania and Macedonia are not ones I would call "advanced". If you really want a statistic that says anything, you'd have to compile data from all European countries and add them together, treating the whole of Europe as a single country. You can't compare countries 100 times smaller than the US with it for something as uncommon as mass shootings. It's like comparing individual states.

Btw Switzerland, Norway, Serbia and Belgium are some of the most armed countries in Europe. Belgium actually has similar gun laws to the US. Food for thought.

That's why I said "statistically" and if I'm nkt mistaken one of the links did in fact compared the EU as a whole to the US.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Pezevenk

« Reply #668 on: March 03, 2018, 12:44:30 AM »
That's why I said "statistically"

But that's not what it showed, statistically.

if I'm nkt mistaken one of the links did in fact compared the EU as a whole to the US.

Yes, and while it says the EU had 27% more casualties per capita, his chart says the EU had 0.42 fatalities per million and the US had 0.65, but he just ignores that. And it includes terrorist attacks that weren't executed solely with guns. I can't look more deeply into this right now but this site seems pretty biased.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #669 on: March 03, 2018, 02:43:09 AM »
And it includes terrorist attacks that weren't executed solely with guns. I can't look more deeply into this right now but this site seems pretty biased.
The guy who runs it has been done multiple times for just making shit up - and he plays lots of games with the presentation on that site.  Academic studies have shown mass shootings at a level 5 times higher in the US and the EU - and that guys own figures (if you look into them properly) show a significantly higher rate in the US.  He just lies about them.

It's also nothing to do with school shootings, which is what the thread is about, something where the USA is an off the chart outlier.

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #670 on: March 03, 2018, 04:15:48 AM »
That site is worse than a joke.
Example:

Rank 7 - Switzerland
--> Taking a look at the data he provided further down:
"Zug, Switzerland, Sept. 27, 2001: A man whose lawsuits had been denied murdered 14 members of a cantonal parliament."

Wait what? The graph claims to use data from 2009-2015...
that site is all fake news and propaganda. Fuckig pathetic to use that site to make a point.

Member of the BOTD

Pezevenk

« Reply #671 on: March 03, 2018, 06:09:42 AM »
That site is worse than a joke.
Example:

Rank 7 - Switzerland
--> Taking a look at the data he provided further down:
"Zug, Switzerland, Sept. 27, 2001: A man whose lawsuits had been denied murdered 14 members of a cantonal parliament."

Wait what? The graph claims to use data from 2009-2015...
that site is all fake news and propaganda. Fuckig pathetic to use that site to make a point.
No that data is used to make a different point. On the other hand I'm suspicious that he's used different definitions of "mass shooting", in that he's only kept indiscriminate shootings in his US stats, but he's used any shooting with 4 or more fatalities for Europe.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #672 on: March 03, 2018, 07:34:12 AM »
He pretty much uses weird sources for most of his opinions. I mean, he gets his information about evolution from Answers in Genesis.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #674 on: March 03, 2018, 08:12:10 PM »

This could easily become my favorite retort.   

Yeah, I'm totally stealing that. This is why she is our MOM.
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #675 on: March 04, 2018, 03:13:01 PM »
A closer look at a wannabe mass shooter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/inside-a-teen-school-shooters-mind-a-plot-to-kill-50-or-60-if-i-get-lucky-maybe-150/2018/03/03/68cc673c-1b27-11e8-ae5a-16e60e4605f3_story.html?utm_term=.326467046ff9

His rampage ended in two people dead.  It probably didn't show up on anyone's radar because 2 dead in a school shooting apparently isn't big news now.  The reason it was only two was because he could only get his dad's handgun which jammed.  His father also had a semi automatic rifle which he had the good sense to lock up.  Well not that day actually.  Funny story.  That rifle was out of the gun safe.  The kid just didn't notice it.

I would be dishonest if I didn't point out how disturbingly similar his thoughts on the subject are to how I look at a game of Halo.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Pezevenk

« Reply #676 on: March 05, 2018, 06:04:26 AM »
A closer look at a wannabe mass shooter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/inside-a-teen-school-shooters-mind-a-plot-to-kill-50-or-60-if-i-get-lucky-maybe-150/2018/03/03/68cc673c-1b27-11e8-ae5a-16e60e4605f3_story.html?utm_term=.326467046ff9

His rampage ended in two people dead.  It probably didn't show up on anyone's radar because 2 dead in a school shooting apparently isn't big news now.  The reason it was only two was because he could only get his dad's handgun which jammed.  His father also had a semi automatic rifle which he had the good sense to lock up.  Well not that day actually.  Funny story.  That rifle was out of the gun safe.  The kid just didn't notice it.

I would be dishonest if I didn't point out how disturbingly similar his thoughts on the subject are to how I look at a game of Halo.
Woah this kid is seriously fucked up. It's really disturbing how more recent school shooters almost make the Columbine shooters moral in comparison.

About the videogame thing, I definitely think people with these tendencies are attracted to them and often incorporate elements from them in their plans. However I don't buy for a moment that they generate these tendencies.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #677 on: March 05, 2018, 06:14:43 AM »

About the videogame thing, I definitely think people with these tendencies are attracted to them and often incorporate elements from them in their plans. However I don't buy for a moment that they generate these tendencies.

I don't either.  I believe there's actually been studies done that don't show a link.  That and the less murdery developed worlds also play video games at least as much as we do.  It's just another piece in the puzzle of understanding mass shooters.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #678 on: March 05, 2018, 06:22:53 AM »
Even if there was a small correlation, I don't think that would justify banning videogames.
I mean the correlation between driving a car and lowered life expectation is probably vastly higher than between videogames and lowered life expectation.

Member of the BOTD

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #679 on: March 05, 2018, 08:02:06 AM »
Hypothetically,

I wouldn't suggest something that ham-fisted in the event that there was correlation.

What I would suggest is studying it and figuring out why.

If a creative medium can incite bad behaviour then maybe if we understood why then it could be used to thwart bad behaviour.

Pezevenk

« Reply #680 on: March 05, 2018, 10:30:51 AM »
I don't think anyone thinks video games in general incite violence. But some people make the case for violent ones.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #681 on: March 05, 2018, 10:40:47 AM »
Yeah when I said video games I of course meant violent ones. I thought that was obvious  ;D

Member of the BOTD

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #682 on: March 05, 2018, 10:42:10 AM »
Again, I've played violent video games my whole life and I'm not a murderous psychopath.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #683 on: March 05, 2018, 10:46:12 AM »
Again, I've played violent video games my whole life and I'm not a murderous psychopath.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #684 on: March 05, 2018, 11:51:20 AM »
I've played Hello Kitty Online all my life and I am a murderous psychopath.    Where does that leave us?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #685 on: March 05, 2018, 11:55:53 AM »
I've killed countless zombies in the Resident Evil series, hordes of Covenant and Flood in Halo, legions of Geth and Reaper troops in Mass Effect, assloads of hookers in GTA, and look how I turned out.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #686 on: March 05, 2018, 11:59:16 AM »

How comprehensive!
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #687 on: March 05, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »

I've played Hello Kitty Online all my life and I am a murderous psychopath.    Where does that leave us?

RAP BATTLE !

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #688 on: March 05, 2018, 12:27:50 PM »
It might just be that murderous psychopaths like violent games, not that violent games make them murderous psychopaths.

Pezevenk

« Reply #689 on: March 05, 2018, 01:27:16 PM »
I've killed countless zombies in the Resident Evil series, hordes of Covenant and Flood in Halo, legions of Geth and Reaper troops in Mass Effect, assloads of hookers in GTA, and look how I turned out.

Good point. These games should be banned  ;)

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)