Now Playing (the Video Game Version!)

• 334 Replies

Supertails

• what do i put here
Re: Now Playing (the Video Game Version!)
« Reply #210 on: October 14, 2013, 06:27:51 PM »
The bundle actually came with Half-Life Source. But I'm not sure my computer'd run Black Mesa Source if it's very good quality. :[
Recently listened to:

Lorddave

« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2013, 09:17:10 AM »
The bundle actually came with Half-Life Source. But I'm not sure my computer'd run Black Mesa Source if it's very good quality. :[
Black Mesa uses the HL2 engine so if you can run that, you should be fine.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2013, 02:06:08 PM »
Redguard involves dialogue.  Lots and lots of dialogue that I can't skip through or speed up in any way.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #213 on: October 20, 2013, 03:37:10 PM »
I just played your game and I'd like to say it was the most annoying thing I ever played. It had its cool moments but overall the experience was only of annoyance. The problem is that it does not touch the heart of people. It's a very emotionless game.

Did you ask any girls to try out your game? I ask because they are blissfully less logical than us guys. I am very logical myself, but also very emotional, so it was easy for me to find the game annoying.

What happened is that your game frustrated me. I felt like I was being taken into someone else's hallways, doors and plans, to deliver me an experience that didn't touch me.
Oh, Blanko!
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #214 on: October 20, 2013, 03:56:49 PM »
Oh yeah, that game is available now.  Should I buy it?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:38:30 PM by Saddam Hussein »

« Reply #215 on: October 20, 2013, 07:15:11 PM »
You should buy The Blanko Parable, featuring more logic, more emotion, and more choices.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #216 on: October 20, 2013, 10:47:43 PM »
Oh yeah, that game is available now.  Should I buy it?
Depends. There's a large divide between the people that bought it. Some love it, some absolutely hate it. It's pretty much impossible to discuss without spoiling it, so I'm not going to go into much detail. If you enjoyed the demo, the full game is pretty much more of the same spirit, but none of the same content, so you'll likely have fun with it. That is, the demo and the full game are almost completely separate, but they basically follow the same concept.

Personally, I think it's fantastic. On the other hand, some people are so angry with it that they asked Steam's customer service to remove the game from their account, even if it doesn't mean them getting their money back.

You should buy The Blanko Parable, featuring more logic, more emotion, and more choices.
And shoes. Don't forget about the shoes.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #217 on: October 20, 2013, 10:48:59 PM »
Depends.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #218 on: October 20, 2013, 11:25:13 PM »
It would only be about shoes. Fuck anything else.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #219 on: October 21, 2013, 01:12:49 AM »
I would buy the shoes out of that.

HAHA, GET IT? I SAID SHOES BUT I OBVIOUSLY MEANT SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #220 on: October 21, 2013, 01:14:09 AM »
I would buy the shoes out of that.

HAHA, GET IT? I SAID SHOES BUT I OBVIOUSLY MEANT SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Go play your hipster walking simulator.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #221 on: October 21, 2013, 01:23:18 AM »
Go play your hipster walking simulator.
I would, but that guy at the campfire pisses me off, and I don't want to restart :(

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #222 on: October 21, 2013, 05:06:29 AM »
I am buying the game now.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #223 on: October 22, 2013, 03:14:41 PM »
I will be soon*. :D

*My Must-Listen-To List definition of "soon"**

**Not interchangeable with Blizzard's trademark
Recently listened to:

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2013, 07:27:39 PM »
If you want to save three dollars, you should buy it now rather than later, because the price is about to be raised.

Anyway, The Stanley Parable.  How do I review a game like this?  It was enjoyable, for the most part.  Pretty funny, too - again, for the most part.  The narrator is usually best in small doses, one or two lines delivered to make fun of you or to sarcastically comment on the state of the story.  Those are good.  When he starts with a monologue, though, it's usually to either a) drag a joke on far too long and suck any and all humor out of it, or b) deliver a condescending, pseudo-philosophical lecture about the futility of choice and the linear nature of video games that sounds like it's coming from the author himself, not the character.  Both of those are very annoying.

In short, I guess you could say that the writing is hit or miss.  When it works, it works very well.  When it doesn't, it falls flat on its face.  Not a lot of middle ground.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2013, 08:51:53 PM »
On the way to my friend's house right now. Got this last night. Had him take and send me these pictures so I could post it here now because once I get there my life is gone

http://imgur.com/egFJy4K
http://imgur.com/fojLtaA

ffff just looking at those is making me giddy and excited and crying tears of joy, look at the game pad and the gorgeous design and and and So in short I'll be playing The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD for the next forever, goodbye real world
Recently listened to:

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2013, 08:57:33 PM »
no play dark souls already

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2013, 09:06:42 PM »
Ah shit, I should have picked that up while I was at GameStop! Ah well, I'm planning to get Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate or Pikmin 3 or Scribblenauts or something in a week or so, so I'll try to remember that time!
Recently listened to:

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #228 on: October 23, 2013, 10:00:43 PM »
Jesus Christ, how many video games do you play?

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2013, 12:09:19 AM »
Not as many as it seems. :P Most are just from the huge backlog I have on Steam thanks to Indie bundles, which I tend to play once and stop and never touch again. This is the first time I've spent more than like $10 on a game in a loooong time.
Recently listened to:

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #230 on: October 24, 2013, 02:51:12 AM »
Eight.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH GET IT? Also, the broom closet ending, pushing buttons, Raphael, etc.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #231 on: October 24, 2013, 03:08:47 AM »
Eight.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH GET IT? Also, the broom closet ending, pushing buttons, Raphael, etc.

pls go

Lorddave

« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2013, 03:34:25 AM »
I played the Wii U once at a Best Buy.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, which is odd considering the controller is huge and it requires dual screen attention.

Won't ever get one though.  I barely play my Wii.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #233 on: October 24, 2013, 04:20:06 AM »
pls go
When Blanko came to a set of two possible answers, he picked the one that made him more pretentious.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #234 on: October 24, 2013, 10:34:56 AM »
If you want to save three dollars, you should buy it now rather than later, because the price is about to be raised.

Anyway, The Stanley Parable.  How do I review a game like this?  It was enjoyable, for the most part.  Pretty funny, too - again, for the most part.  The narrator is usually best in small doses, one or two lines delivered to make fun of you or to sarcastically comment on the state of the story.  Those are good.  When he starts with a monologue, though, it's usually to either a) drag a joke on far too long and suck any and all humor out of it, or b) deliver a condescending, pseudo-philosophical lecture about the futility of choice and the linear nature of video games that sounds like it's coming from the author himself, not the character.  Both of those are very annoying.

In short, I guess you could say that the writing is hit or miss.  When it works, it works very well.  When it doesn't, it falls flat on its face.  Not a lot of middle ground.

And what did you think of the gameplay, Saddam?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2013, 01:05:41 PM »

And what did you think of the gameplay, Saddam?

My movement was sure and steady, allowing me to boldly stride down a hallway or across a room with a minimum of effort.  Interacting with the objects around me was a smooth and fluid process.

« Reply #236 on: October 24, 2013, 03:35:23 PM »
Did you figure out the jump key?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #237 on: October 24, 2013, 03:49:59 PM »
After repeated attempts, the game kindly informed me that there was no jump key.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #238 on: October 26, 2013, 06:44:11 PM »
Imagine if I could get a guy from Dark Souls into Redguard.  That would be amazing.  He would totally own everyone.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2013, 12:13:53 AM »
I have played around 20 hours of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD so far. Far less than I would like! Also, I got Super Metroid on the Wii U's virtual console and played ~5 hours of it in a row so far. I've never played it so far, so that's awesome. :D It's pretty intense sometimes. My hands were shaking by the end of one boss battle because it was so intense and so close. I miss games like this. It requires such precise timing and twitch-reflexes, but it's so amazing when you get good at it and you're flitting in and out between and around enemies, dodging them and their attacks and not getting hit (or at least getting hit as little as you can, which is often the case in this game!). It's like some awesome mix of platforming, action and bullet hell sometimes. I love it. <3
Recently listened to: