Now Playing (the Video Game Version!)

• 334 Replies

Supertails

• what do i put here
Re: Now Playing (the Video Game Version!)
« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2013, 02:53:19 PM »
I am currently trying out Half-Life. One annoying thing...can someone please explain to me why rap music keeps randomly playing in parts? It's over the voices and everything. And it's definitely part of the game, since whenever I pause it stops. And yet I can't seem to find any reference to it online anywhere. Dafuq?

...ahh, nevermind. Apparently the game originally came with a soundtrack disc that you would leave in the drive, and it would load up certain songs at cue points in the game. My friend left a CD of this horrible party-rapper guy in there, so I was getting that at cue points. >.>;;

That said, I'm tempted to, if I play again or lose interest, go through with some different CD
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:55:11 PM by Supertails »
Recently listened to:

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2013, 03:20:34 PM »
I finally managed to download Redguard!  The game has aged terribly, but I'm still enjoying it.

« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2013, 08:12:57 AM »
Not even gonna bother.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2013, 08:24:14 AM »

« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2013, 08:34:08 AM »
omg I can't read

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2013, 10:28:51 AM »

« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2013, 12:16:23 PM »
sadaam

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2013, 12:25:15 PM »
Srsly.  It's fun.

Lorddave

« Reply #188 on: October 11, 2013, 02:42:31 PM »
There is a pre-configured DOSBox version of Daggerfall available here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files
Arena is skippable.
*downloads to phone*
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #189 on: October 11, 2013, 05:18:13 PM »
I am now playing Assassin's Creed III. I've only just passed the prologue, but so far it seems so much jumpier and full of ridiculous fast-cuts every 2.4 seconds compared to the games prior. I hope this is not consistent through the whole game.
Recently listened to:

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #190 on: October 11, 2013, 06:30:18 PM »
Jesus Christ this game's a glitchfest. It's hard to get immersed when one joystick stops responding suddenly, but only to either walking or moving the camera.
Recently listened to:

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »
This is quite possibly the glitchiest AAA game I've ever played.
Recently listened to:

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2013, 03:27:53 AM »
I just played the greatest demo I've ever experienced. If you try it, don't look at the pictures or watch the video, just get the demo: http://store.steampowered.com/app/221910/

It's pretty short and very easy hardware-wise, so yeah. This convinced me to get the game, which demos don't often do. ;w;
Recently listened to:

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2013, 07:15:16 AM »
I played it.  Very interesting.  At first I figured it was just going to be a Portal rip-off, but that turned out not to be.

EnigmaZV

« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2013, 10:52:47 AM »
I just found out that ICO is available for PS3, I'm in the process of downloading it. I've not played it, but I've only heard good things.
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

?

Crudblud

• Scone Advocate
« Reply #195 on: October 12, 2013, 11:43:52 AM »
I just played the greatest demo I've ever experienced. If you try it, don't look at the pictures or watch the video, just get the demo: http://store.steampowered.com/app/221910/

It's pretty short and very easy hardware-wise, so yeah. This convinced me to get the game, which demos don't often do. ;w;
I played it.  Very interesting.  At first I figured it was just going to be a Portal rip-off, but that turned out not to be.
inb4 balkno

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2013, 11:57:59 AM »

inb4 balkno

Fine, I'll fucking give it a try then.

« Reply #197 on: October 12, 2013, 01:33:08 PM »
Interesting. A group of gamer n3rds who weren't already aware of The Stanley Parable.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2013, 02:15:29 PM »
Interesting. A group of gamer n3rds who weren't already aware of The Stanley Parable.

I was aware, but I've yet to play it myself.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2013, 02:49:32 PM »
I am not a nerd.  I am a tough man.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »
Saddam could snap PP2 like a twig.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2013, 03:39:29 PM »
Okay, I'm ready *cough*.

I liked it more when it had less obnoxious self-aware humor and was called Dear Esther, but even then I didn't like it.

You may proceed with the applause. But seriously though, why does every fucking Source mod I've played revolve around doing absolutely fucking nothing? This thing had just one joke going for it, and it dragged it on for 20 minutes.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2013, 04:28:47 PM »
You just don't get it, Blanko.  It's over your head.  Go listen to Larry the Cable Guy or something.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2013, 06:09:31 PM »
I just found out that ICO is available for PS3, I'm in the process of downloading it. I've not played it, but I've only heard good things.

I'm mad. Shadow of the Colossus (its sequel/prequel) went free for PS+ users a couple weeks after I bought it. >__< But same here! I've beaten SotC a few times now, but I've always wanted to play ICO. Now if I'll just get around to it...

I didn't realize it was big before this. O:
Recently listened to:

?

Crudblud

• Scone Advocate
« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »

I didn't realize it was big before this. O:
The demo that's out now is simply for the HD remake. The Stanley Parable has been out as a Half-Life 2 mod for some time, I believe.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2013, 12:46:31 AM »
I'm playing god.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2013, 06:37:31 PM »
...wow, okay, Assassin's Creed III just earned some respect for me. I was not expecting that twist at all. I was watching this end-of-sequence cutscene and listening, reaching down to scratch my foot, then suddenly they say something casually and I freeze and look up at the screen, mouth agape as the scene comes apart and statics out. I ran it through my head again quickly and thought to make sure I heard right. I feel really...kind of conflicted in terms of the story now—not of its quality, but not sure things are as straightforward as they seemed throughout the series anymore. Also, it settled some qualms and inconsistencies I kept noticing. Wow. I'm actually kinda excited for the rest now.

Also, the achievement that popped up felt like a little smirk from them and I couldn't help but shake my head and giggle a bit all "wow".
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 06:41:14 PM by Supertails »
Recently listened to:

Lorddave

« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2013, 12:06:37 PM »
I am currently trying out Half-Life. One annoying thing...can someone please explain to me why rap music keeps randomly playing in parts? It's over the voices and everything. And it's definitely part of the game, since whenever I pause it stops. And yet I can't seem to find any reference to it online anywhere. Dafuq?

...ahh, nevermind. Apparently the game originally came with a soundtrack disc that you would leave in the drive, and it would load up certain songs at cue points in the game. My friend left a CD of this horrible party-rapper guy in there, so I was getting that at cue points. >.>;;

That said, I'm tempted to, if I play again or lose interest, go through with some different CD
Do you have HL2?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2013, 06:02:34 PM »

Do you have HL2?

I do indeed. Steam just had this big sale the other day with every Half-Life game and DLC for like $5-10. :]

Now I just need to get around to playing the first one again. Should I be expecting more than just a regular FPS? 'Cause I dunno, I can't really get that into it.
Recently listened to:

Lorddave

« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »

Do you have HL2?

I do indeed. Steam just had this big sale the other day with every Half-Life game and DLC for like $5-10. :]

Now I just need to get around to playing the first one again. Should I be expecting more than just a regular FPS? 'Cause I dunno, I can't really get that into it.
HL2 is a lot like HL1 except more character interactions and physics puzzles.  It's good but it is primarily an FPS. 

Also, download Black Mesa Source.  I'm playing it now and it is Sweet!