Werepenguins 3: The Penguining

• 910 Replies

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
Re: Werepenguins 3: The Penguining
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2018, 06:01:14 PM »
To boydster: It's true that 4 may be too risky. But if we do as I say, we're guaranteed to get enough information to work with. You're not making your position any better. You sound like Shifter defending a troll.

Yes, 4 is too risky. So is 3, or 2, or 1. The penguins are going to be more influential every single day. You smell like fish, even over all the garlic in my pants. And it's a lot of garlic. But I'm going to get more garlic just in case, because I ate all of the garlic on my necklace like it was some sort of candy necklace. Wait. No. I'm going with onions for the necklace now, cut in half so as to be more effective.

Ignore the crying. You all wish you had this kind of protection.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2018, 06:03:21 PM »
I ask all of you: What kind of villager would want to let three to FOUR?!!?! frigging days go by just watching their friends get murdered and not take any sort of action?

Let's say we don't lynch anyone for four days. As stupid as that sounds. Because it sounds stupid. But moving on. Now the penguins control almost 1/4 of the vote. And we, the rapidly dying people, have to hope we have more information to act on even though we've agreed not to lynch anyone so we can't get a good read on people's behavior when they think they are under the spotlight, and we have competing people saying they are the oracle who may or may not unknowingly be trying to get into some sort of alliance with a penguin.

Given the ratio of penguins to villagers, clearly not a penguin. A penguin would WANT us villagers to take each other out as the chance of guessing (as that's all it is at this point) is quite low they will nab a penguin. However the chance that we lynch an innocent villager or one that is important (such as oracle, exorcist, chosen one) or just narrowing the list down by getting a regular villager is a much bigger pay off for them.

The most prudent course of action is to wait, at least in the first round. We have no reason to assume who anyone is. And if we are following this back story, have no reason to believe there is a murderer among us..... Yet anyway

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2018, 06:06:14 PM »
Unbelievable. <takes a giant bite of raw onion>

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2018, 06:13:39 PM »
 WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

I'm finding a corpse to set on fire. If I can't make s'mores, I will make bbq.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2018, 06:17:24 PM »
I'll put it out there now, that we dont lynch anyone in the first day. And if all we have on the 2nd day amounts to nothing but a 'stab in the dark', than I would deeply consider whether that is worthwhile too.

Of course, we can gather information, try faux lynching (say you will lynch someone but without the brackets to see reactions), but we need to have a plan. So far, Pez has one and it seems sound. Apart from not being as fun, its hardly playing the game just taking random guesses for no reason. You need tactics.

I hope in each murder scene there is some hint of who done it. Even if it is so obscure it only makes sense after the game ends.

Now back to role playing

Guys, I have just constructed a diorama peice that I hope would make Samuel proud

Anyway, I will put this among the other exhibits if everyones okay with that. I have just finished reading Earth, Not a globe for the 2nd time now. It is a great read. Even if you have read it before I encourage you to make use of the library here

The pizza smells a little strange. Do you guys do a vegan option?

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2018, 06:18:32 PM »
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

I got some garlic! <reaches in pants> Do you need some?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2018, 06:22:00 PM »
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

I'll take some if you got plenty to spare. (takes a sniff) Your not uncircumcised by any chance are you? It's got like a cheesy aroma on it. Still, smells better than the pizza going off over there.

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2018, 06:24:00 PM »
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

I'll take some if you got plenty to spare. (takes a sniff) Your not uncircumcised by any chance are you? It's got like a cheesy aroma on it. Still, smells better than the pizza going off over there.
I was mutilated as a small baby, against my will. But I haven't showered in days... things got a little messy in Perth when the people from public works were all killed.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2018, 06:30:03 PM »
The dead werepenguins make excellent torches! I will use the light to examine Rowbotham's statue, perhaps there are some clues.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2018, 06:37:16 PM »
I found some stale bread, I'm gonna squish it into cubes and send a pm.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2018, 07:01:21 PM »
The dead werepenguins make excellent torches! I will use the light to examine Rowbotham's statue, perhaps there are some clues.
The statue seems immaculate at first glance. The closer you peer however, the more it seems that there are... details. Carving that you might have put down to texture when viewed from a distance seem far too regular to be mere coincidence.
Could it be a message, the last words of one of the survivors?
Or, the thought crosses your mind, could it be a message from the spirit of Rowbotham himself? The statue looks down on you, stone eyes urging you on.
You break a map free from its frame, and then place it face-down over some regular cracks, rubbing pencil lead over the top. Slowly you get a clear image of what those regular cracks are and...
No, they couldn't be numbers could they?
But yes. Yes, it seems like there is a message there.

19-3-7  6-15-18  13-15-4-5
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2018, 07:08:05 PM »
The statue seems immaculate at first glance. The closer you peer however, the more it seems that there are... details. Carving that you might have put down to texture when viewed from a distance seem far too regular to be mere coincidence.
Or, the thought crosses your mind, could it be a message from the spirit of Rowbotham himself? The statue looks down on you, stone eyes urging you on.
You break a map free from its frame, and then place it face-down over some regular cracks, rubbing pencil lead over the top. Slowly you get a clear image of what those regular cracks are and...

I am a very studious sort so I put my brain into gear to help decipher what it could be. Could it be a numbers represent letters?
S-C-G  F-O-R  M-D-E

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2018, 07:08:45 PM »

SCG FOR MODE

Ah fuck. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2018, 07:09:07 PM »

I am a very studious sort so I put my brain into gear to help decipher what it could be. Could it be a numbers represent letters?
S-C-G  F-O-R  M-D-E

Forgiveness. I missed a letter

S-C-G  F-O-R  M-O-D-E

What could it mean?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2018, 07:13:13 PM »

S-C-G  F-O-R  M-D-E

Forgiveness. I missed a letter

S-C-G  F-O-R  M-O-D-E

What could it mean?

If Robotham has left this in code, we must adhere to it like Gospel. I am going to hazard a guess that SCG is abbreviated for 'Space CowGirl'. We must make SCG a MODE! We must make sure she is safe at all times at least until we find out what is meant by 'mode'

Clearly Robotham himself long foretold our arrival. We are truly a blessed group and as long as we stick together, we can work this out.

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2018, 08:19:19 PM »
I lean in to tell SCG a dick joke that I think is hilarious but just makes her uncomfortable.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2018, 08:21:20 PM »
I lean in to tell SCG a dick joke that I think is hilarious but just makes her uncomfortable.

You will respect the mode!!!

Know your place

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2018, 08:27:36 PM »
Sorry, my PM was closed to others. Now opened. I hope this will not cause a problem and doesn't get the hate of misses narrator.  8)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2018, 10:48:36 PM »
Some of them don't know, I think.  Some of them have no idea.  These aren't any ordinary penguins we're dealing with.  I've seen this before.  These are werepenguins, monstrous beasts whose true natures reveal themselves at night when they gleefully slaughter the innocent.  These other folks believe we are in for a stress-free conference for the deepest Flat Earth believers to share their ideas and insights.  The Remulakian is the only one who seems to know.  This will be no ordinary conference; a deadly race is afin.

We have to kill somebody.  The numbers demand it.  But who?

I look around, surveying my fellow Flat Earthers, trying to sniff for clues, although lately my instincts seem somewhat stagnant and it's probably too early to do anything but blind guess.  But a murder is still necessary to keep our hopes alive, I know.  Still necessary.

Over there muttering to herself is Jura Glenlivet the Second, who as heiress to the vast Glenlivet fortune is easily the most prestigious of the eminent minds gathered here.  She's just eccentric.  There's no reason to suspect her yet.

Then there's wise Intikam, of the Brotherhood of the Dome, easily the most important Flat Earth scholar in this group. Something he said just seems off, but it's not necessarily that he's guilty, as he's really just... off.

I spy Space Cowgirl in the mix.  As the highest scoring female Jai Alai player of all time she's practically famous in Florida.  She really loves her s'mores.  I see no reason to think she's a penguin yet.

The Remulakian might be a paranoid-schizophrenic; he appears to be stuffing his pants with garlic in some arcane attempt to ward off evil spirits.  I think he's just succeeding in making himself unpopular to the others.  He's actually one of the few who seems to understand just how dire our circumstances are, and just how important it is that we collectively commit murder in order to try to keep ahead of the werepenguin menace.

Opposing this line of thinking is the South Korean pimp, Pezevenk, and Shifter, who I already think might be the Village Idiot.  But weirdly, neither one really seems guilty of anything but a general lack of intelligence and/or awareness at this point.

The moose is mostly keeping to himself.  I guess if I were a moose I would keep to myself too.

The fish thing or whatever Deadsirius is scares me.  I'm keeping my distance, but only because he looks like a scary monster, not because I think he's a werepenguin.

There's a rumor that the water foul is a time traveler from the 24 1/2th century, when Flat Earth Theory is finally accepted and taught in elementary schools in the American South, widely regarded in the present as an important stepping stone in the movement's development.  If so maybe we should ask him if he has any insight.  But he seems distant at the moment.

Crouton's rigid, stony face reveals nothing.

That Son of Orospu also seems to not be saying much.  He always seems suspicious, so it's hard to think that his lack of verbosity means anything.

And over there in the corner, is that Muammar Gaddafi?  No, it's the vivacious Colonel Gaydafi, the only person to win both America's Top Model and Ru Paul's Drag Race.  Obviously I'm smitten by her, who wouldn't be?  Could her seductiveness end up shielding her from suspicion, allowing her to pick us off one by one?  Only time will tell.

Two of these people have a dark side that will end up destroying us all if we're not careful, I know.  And at this point it is truly impossible to tell which two. 

I decide that I will certainly vote to lynch someone, because someone has to die if we can make it happen.  But I will at least wait a few hours before I decide who I want to murder.  Maybe sleep on it, and after I awaken see if some asshole decides to try to hide a secret message in his posts or something.

I have a slice of pizza topped with marshmallows and chocolate, but after taking a bite realize it's missing something.  A moment of reflection helps me realize what that is, and I reach into Boydster's pants and grab some garlic to crush over it.  Perfect!

I nod off, hoping that some of this makes more sense when I wake up.  It's going to be a long conference.  And a bloody one.  Because some peeps is gonna die.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2018, 11:21:10 PM »
Some of them don't know, I think.  Some of them have no idea.  These aren't any ordinary penguins we're dealing with.  I've seen this before.  These are werepenguins, monstrous beasts whose true natures reveal themselves at night when they gleefully slaughter the innocent.  These other folks believe we are in for a stress-free conference for the deepest Flat Earth believers to share their ideas and insights.  The Remulakian is the only one who seems to know.  This will be no ordinary conference; a deadly race is afin.

We have to kill somebody.  The numbers demand it.  But who?

I look around, surveying my fellow Flat Earthers, trying to sniff for clues, although lately my instincts seem somewhat stagnant and it's probably too early to do anything but blind guess.  But a murder is still necessary to keep our hopes alive, I know.  Still necessary.

Over there muttering to herself is Jura Glenlivet the Second, who as heiress to the vast Glenlivet fortune is easily the most prestigious of the eminent minds gathered here.  She's just eccentric.  There's no reason to suspect her yet.

Then there's wise Intikam, of the Brotherhood of the Dome, easily the most important Flat Earth scholar in this group. Something he said just seems off, but it's not necessarily that he's guilty, as he's really just... off.

I spy Space Cowgirl in the mix.  As the highest scoring female Jai Alai player of all time she's practically famous in Florida.  She really loves her s'mores.  I see no reason to think she's a penguin yet.

The Remulakian might be a paranoid-schizophrenic; he appears to be stuffing his pants with garlic in some arcane attempt to ward off evil spirits.  I think he's just succeeding in making himself unpopular to the others.  He's actually one of the few who seems to understand just how dire our circumstances are, and just how important it is that we collectively commit murder in order to try to keep ahead of the werepenguin menace.

Opposing this line of thinking is the South Korean pimp, Pezevenk, and Shifter, who I already think might be the Village Idiot.  But weirdly, neither one really seems guilty of anything but a general lack of intelligence and/or awareness at this point.

The moose is mostly keeping to himself.  I guess if I were a moose I would keep to myself too.

The fish thing or whatever Deadsirius is scares me.  I'm keeping my distance, but only because he looks like a scary monster, not because I think he's a werepenguin.

There's a rumor that the water foul is a time traveler from the 24 1/2th century, when Flat Earth Theory is finally accepted and taught in elementary schools in the American South, widely regarded in the present as an important stepping stone in the movement's development.  If so maybe we should ask him if he has any insight.  But he seems distant at the moment.

Crouton's rigid, stony face reveals nothing.

That Son of Orospu also seems to not be saying much.  He always seems suspicious, so it's hard to think that his lack of verbosity means anything.

And over there in the corner, is that Muammar Gaddafi?  No, it's the vivacious Colonel Gaydafi, the only person to win both America's Top Model and Ru Paul's Drag Race.  Obviously I'm smitten by her, who wouldn't be?  Could her seductiveness end up shielding her from suspicion, allowing her to pick us off one by one?  Only time will tell.

Two of these people have a dark side that will end up destroying us all if we're not careful, I know.  And at this point it is truly impossible to tell which two. 

I decide that I will certainly vote to lynch someone, because someone has to die if we can make it happen.  But I will at least wait a few hours before I decide who I want to murder.  Maybe sleep on it, and after I awaken see if some asshole decides to try to hide a secret message in his posts or something.

I have a slice of pizza topped with marshmallows and chocolate, but after taking a bite realize it's missing something.  A moment of reflection helps me realize what that is, and I reach into Boydster's pants and grab some garlic to crush over it.  Perfect!

I nod off, hoping that some of this makes more sense when I wake up.  It's going to be a long conference.  And a bloody one.  Because some peeps is gonna die.

I keep pondering why people are convinced people will die here and that 2 of us will be responsible for it. These people died before any of us arrived. But now one of the Elder ones is sure there is foul play at work, I can not ignore it. I lose myself in the library to take my mind off the grisly scene I cleaned up. A thought occurs to me. This was a crime scene of epic magnitude. And not only did we clean it up, but we are using the bodies for kindling. And to season our pizzas! My God what have we done!

I go back to the great statue and ask for some guidance. As a scholar I am only a n00b. This week long getaway is a once in a lifetime chance to clink drinks with the greatest minds alive the Earth has ever known. I don't want to spend it looking over my shoulder afraid not only of penguins, but of the suspicions of my fellow friends.

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2018, 12:40:35 AM »
Quote from: boydster link=topic=77296.msg2087441#msg2087441

Wait a sec. WTF Jura weren't you a guy in the last round? That was just a couple days ago. Normally, guys don't shave, cut their hair, or change their underwear when they are on a winning streak. Yet you. You have now changed genders. This does not sit well with me.

Check your privileges you murder obsessed, French smelling egg head. More went on in South Georgia than I was willing to admit, turns out I was spliced with Clown-fish genes, the combination of being one of the last alive and the weight gain from a sugary diet caused a switch, it’s a NASA deep cover escape mechanism that has embarrassing social side effects and a gentleman wouldn’t have commented. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:47:20 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2018, 12:48:49 AM »
Shit! I modified! I got the wrong Fish!

Jane I'm sorry!!!!!
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2018, 12:57:04 AM »

Jane I'm sorry!!!!!

For a moment I could have sworn Jura said Parrot-fish. But now it says Clown-fish. I think I need to stop staring at this statue. Marvelous as it may be I think I am getting hallucinations. Either that or Jura has some power deep inside her that can change time itself. I am among the best minds on the Earth, I cant rule it out. I have much to learn. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the library reading this

Maybe there is something in there that can explain these strange happenings

Know your place

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2018, 01:53:10 AM »
To boydster: It's true that 4 may be too risky. But if we do as I say, we're guaranteed to get enough information to work with. You're not making your position any better. You sound like Shifter defending a troll.

Yes, 4 is too risky. So is 3, or 2, or 1. The penguins are going to be more influential every single day. You smell like fish, even over all the garlic in my pants. And it's a lot of garlic. But I'm going to get more garlic just in case, because I ate all of the garlic on my necklace like it was some sort of candy necklace. Wait. No. I'm going with onions for the necklace now, cut in half so as to be more effective.

Ignore the crying. You all wish you had this kind of protection.
It doesn't matter if they have more say if we do as I say.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2018, 03:04:00 AM »
I vote we don't lynch on the first day either, then we lynch someone that keeps demanding to lynch blindly just like a werepenguin would. Though not Roundy, I love Roundy and I want his babies. As long as they're not penguin babies.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2018, 04:07:40 AM »

Jane I'm sorry!!!!!
Rowbotham looks down on you, ashamed.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Pezevenk

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2018, 04:13:32 AM »
The important thing is that we make sure that on the START of the fourth day, both people who think they are oracles say they are oracles and then reveal the info they have gathered. It's much better to avoid lynching anyone until then.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2018, 04:56:53 AM »
I vote we don't lynch on the first day either, then we lynch someone that keeps demanding to lynch blindly just like a werepenguin would. Though not Roundy, I love Roundy and I want his babies. As long as they're not penguin babies.

Sounds suspicious to me. In other say, we don't lynch anybody then every night we die. I'm not sure but this may be a clever penguin or a non clever farmer behavior. I do not think you're not clever, but, maybe I'm wrong for this.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2018, 05:00:15 AM »
The important thing is that we make sure that on the START of the fourth day, both people who think they are oracles say they are oracles and then reveal the info they have gathered. It's much better to avoid lynching anyone until then.

I think in your mind, if we don't lynch anyone in days, but penguin will respect us and don't kill any of us at nights during these 3 days, sure? I congratulate you and give you the world's second best player prize. (firstly Gaddafi) :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Pezevenk

« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2018, 05:07:54 AM »

I think in your mind, if we don't lynch anyone in days, but penguin will respect us and don't kill any of us at nights during these 3 days, sure? I congratulate you and give you the world's second best player prize. (firstly Gaddafi) :)
Read my plan again. I posted it a while ago. The penguins will kill 3 of us. But that will happen regardless. On the 4th day, we will gain a lot of information about who the penguins are, and we won't be lynching blindly. In fact, there's a very high chance that bu following my plan exactly, we'll know almost EXACTLY who the penguins are by day 5, and we'll be able to lynch them without killing any innocents.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)