It's confirmed

• 7 Replies

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
It's confirmed
« on: August 18, 2011, 08:21:08 PM »
One of my up coming teachers is mean. He's already assigned homework and classes don't start till Monday.

I need to produce a video in maya synced to a short clip of music with geometric shapes dancing around as a pretest to see our individual levels of ability. It's an easy request, but he has nerve.  >:(
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Re: It's confirmed
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 08:43:12 PM »
One of my up coming teachers is mean. He's already assigned homework and classes don't start till Monday.

I need to produce a video in maya synced to a short clip of music with geometric shapes dancing around as a pretest to see our individual levels of ability. It's an easy request, but he has nerve.  >:(

You should create the most amazing thing anyone has ever seen. That would show him.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
If you don't know, whenever you talk about it you're invoking the supernatural
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Unknown != Magic.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 09:27:31 PM »
Take it on! Email him asking for the reading/assignments for the course, and start early. I've already polished off the required reading for one of my modules, plus a bunch of extra reading. Now I'm into the second module's reading, and classes don't start until the 12th of September.

If he's mean, get meaner. There is nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Ryan Onessence

• All and neither; make of it what you will
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 11:32:03 PM »

You should create the most amazing thing anyone has ever seen. That would show him.

bearing in mind if you do, you will have to live up to that standard for every other assignment
http://soundcloud.com/orin-zolis/sets/world-music-ethnic-beats/

Knowledge gained via academic means and intelligence are not mutually inclusive. Those who assume authority and superiority over conventionally uneducated persons would be wiser to keep this in mind.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 10:27:30 AM »
Geometric shapes dancing to music can only be so impressive. :P
I put work into it, but its nothing exceptional. Actually, no scratch that. It's exceptional for being done on my vacation time.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Youtube.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Lorddave

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 01:30:17 PM »
Geometric shapes dancing to music can only be so impressive. :P
I put work into it, but its nothing exceptional. Actually, no scratch that. It's exceptional for being done on my vacation time.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Youtube.

Not bad.  I enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 01:50:44 PM by Lorddave »
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Thork

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 01:48:25 PM »
If you want to get lots of hits on you tube, dancing shapes is not the way. You either need a really hot woman stretching, a fat person falling off something and landing hard, or a cat doing something anthropomorphic.
If I am ever dark ruler of earth (its a long term goal), then cat people will be executed and thrown in a hole. Then covered in a pile of dead cats before being packed down with a layer of plastic cat toys, cat clothes and cat beds. >:(

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 06:48:57 PM »
If you want to get lots of hits on you tube, dancing shapes is not the way. You either need a really hot woman stretching, a fat person falling off something and landing hard, or a cat doing something anthropomorphic.
The assignment required shapes with 2D shaders to move/twist/alter/change color etc in sync with music's beat.

If I am ever dark ruler of earth (its a long term goal), then cat people will be executed and thrown in a hole. Then covered in a pile of dead cats before being packed down with a layer of plastic cat toys, cat clothes and cat beds. >:(
I own two cats. A preemptive strike now seems prudent.