Random philosophical and religious discussions

• 248 Replies
?

Nord

Re: Random philosophical and religious discussions
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 07:44:42 PM »
Am I the only one that realizes this post was pulled out from another thread and posted on a thursday or friday?

Oh, right you are. But he still replied to my post today, ironically making him guilty of violating the Biblical law I was incorrectly accusing him of by defending himself against it unnecessarily.

I don't get up until 3-4pm. the sun sets at 4 in november. Not sure when i first posted online here today but since i got up at 3-4 and wasn't on my computer until far later, i haven't broken the sabbath. The sabbath is the day of rest and it's not on a sunday, nether is it for a day in the sense of the roman pagan calander. it's observed from frinday sunset to saturday sunset. Of most of that time, people are in bed anyway. this is why is makes perfect logical sense and it is easy to follow. but those that follow the pagan-catholic sabbath on the sunday lol must think they have to not get any sleep for a whole day on the sunday.

I presume you are a catholic-pagan or something similar. Read the scripture for the truth about when sabbath as. Constantine I and the romans changed the sabbath to a sunday for pagan reasons. a simila thing happened with christmas.

Sorry, the sabbath applies to the evening as well, jewish families had to hire gentile children to turn on their lights as it gets dark on the sabbath back when it was strictly enforced. Also the sabbath was changed to sunday to commemorate Jesus' resurrection not for pagan reasons. I call bullshit on your biblical knowledge as well or you would be citing Jesus defending preaching to the unconverted on the sabbath, saying doing work for god is still keeping the sabbath holy, you could have easily justified this as spreading the word.

tl;dr you need to learn your bible before you do a biblical troll.

Actually you just proved you are the troll, considering you missed out the part when i said sabbath begins. Hence your post was based on the fact you didn't read what i wrote. When did i write sabbath didn't cover an evening? I said it didn't cover Saturday evening (which it doesn't) not that it didn't cover any.

Learn to read.

So the fact that I don't read your giant wall of garbage makes me a troll? Do you know what a troll is or are you again speaking about something you have no idea about?

You're either retarded or a troll, take the troll comment as a compliment.

I'm a flat earther, look for my posts on flat earth. This site is for flat earth believers.

Who are you? You only come to this site to post your worthless opinions in political, music or religious threads. Perhaps when you can simply understand this, you will accept you are the troll. You don't contribute anything worthy to this site on the subject of flat earth.

Pete

• I believe that the earth is round
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 07:49:56 PM »
Raist, the moderator doesn't contribute anything worthwhile to the Flat Earth and is a troll? Now that is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Nord, please think before you post.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 08:13:15 PM »
You are putting a story book above actual scientific observations.  Do you have any evidence that what is said in the bible is truth?

?

Nord

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 08:35:31 PM »
You are putting a story book above actual scientific observations.  Do you have any evidence that what is said in the bible is truth?

scientific observations?

We observe animals and people haven't evolved. Thats observational science, a fact.

Nothing you say, changes the fact man has never witnessed himself evolving.

Pete

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 08:36:20 PM »
You are putting a story book above actual scientific observations.  Do you have any evidence that what is said in the bible is truth?

scientific observations?

We observe animals and people haven't evolved. Thats observational science, a fact.

Already refuted. I've already mentioned and explained in depth Fibrodysplasia Ossifians Progressiva.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 08:39:39 PM »
This site is for flat earth believers.
Wrong.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 08:46:02 PM »
Am I the only one that realizes this post was pulled out from another thread and posted on a thursday or friday?

Oh, right you are. But he still replied to my post today, ironically making him guilty of violating the Biblical law I was incorrectly accusing him of by defending himself against it unnecessarily.

I don't get up until 3-4pm. the sun sets at 4 in november. Not sure when i first posted online here today but since i got up at 3-4 and wasn't on my computer until far later, i haven't broken the sabbath. The sabbath is the day of rest and it's not on a sunday, nether is it for a day in the sense of the roman pagan calander. it's observed from frinday sunset to saturday sunset. Of most of that time, people are in bed anyway. this is why is makes perfect logical sense and it is easy to follow. but those that follow the pagan-catholic sabbath on the sunday lol must think they have to not get any sleep for a whole day on the sunday.

I presume you are a catholic-pagan or something similar. Read the scripture for the truth about when sabbath as. Constantine I and the romans changed the sabbath to a sunday for pagan reasons. a simila thing happened with christmas.

Sorry, the sabbath applies to the evening as well, jewish families had to hire gentile children to turn on their lights as it gets dark on the sabbath back when it was strictly enforced. Also the sabbath was changed to sunday to commemorate Jesus' resurrection not for pagan reasons. I call bullshit on your biblical knowledge as well or you would be citing Jesus defending preaching to the unconverted on the sabbath, saying doing work for god is still keeping the sabbath holy, you could have easily justified this as spreading the word.

tl;dr you need to learn your bible before you do a biblical troll.

Actually you just proved you are the troll, considering you missed out the part when i said sabbath begins. Hence your post was based on the fact you didn't read what i wrote. When did i write sabbath didn't cover an evening? I said it didn't cover Saturday evening (which it doesn't) not that it didn't cover any.

Learn to read.

So the fact that I don't read your giant wall of garbage makes me a troll? Do you know what a troll is or are you again speaking about something you have no idea about?

You're either retarded or a troll, take the troll comment as a compliment.

I'm a flat earther, look for my posts on flat earth. This site is for flat earth believers.

Spewing idiotic diatrabs does not contribute to FE any more than vomiting on a biology book contributes to the field.

?

Nord

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 08:52:32 PM »
deep down pete, raist and the other guy...you all secretly believe in flat earth and probably creationism.

you only say the opposite online for the sake of arguement...

i mean if you dont believe in flat earth whty join a flat earth society forum and waste so much time trying to disprove it.

let's not waste anymore time with this, just admit the truth please

Pete

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2009, 08:56:18 PM »
deep down pete, raist and the other guy...you all secretly believe in flat earth and probably creationism.

No. Some of us actually have an education.

Of course I do.  ::)

i mean if you dont believe in flat earth whty join a flat earth society forum and waste so much time trying to disprove it.

To mock it obviously. I stayed because there was some entertaining discussion.

Your offering to admit the truth and concede? Thank you, I accept.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2009, 08:56:21 PM »
Deep down, Nord, you really believe in Evolution, because the truth is so blatantly obvious that anyone who is not mentally retarded can see it.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2009, 09:02:02 PM »

Odd, you're half right, but then wrong again. I believe in evolution as well as FEism because i believe in the logical not the emotional perspective. Creationism, like REism relies heavily on base emotions and childhood teachings to force itself into your subconscious. You are no better than a globularist.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2009, 06:28:40 AM »
You are putting a story book above actual scientific observations.  Do you have any evidence that what is said in the bible is truth?

scientific observations?

I didn't ask about  evolution.  I asked what evidence do you have that what is said in the bible, more specifically genesis, is truth.  
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 11:17:04 AM by Marcus Aurelius »

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2009, 02:32:26 PM »
Nord, your logic is just wrong in so many ways. I'm an atheist, but I know the fall was a spiritual fall, any nutjob can see that, but since we have evidence of evolution, nothing the bible says can contradict evolution. You are mixing religion and science in the worst way possible.

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2009, 06:25:12 PM »
Odd, you're half right, but then wrong again. I believe in evolution as well as FEism because i believe in the logical not the emotional perspective. Creationism, like REism relies heavily on base emotions and childhood teachings to force itself into your subconscious. You are no better than a globularist.

Odd, you're half right, but then wrong again. I believe in evolution as well as REism because I believe in the logical not the emotional
perspective. Creationism, like FEism relies heavily on the general distrust of the scientific community and the promotion of scientific discovery as conspiracy. Hardly better than banana man.
"So now we know. Pigs are horses. Girls are boys. War is peace." -Arundhati Roy

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009, 10:10:25 AM »

Odd, you're half right, but then wrong again. I believe in evolution as well as REism because I believe in the logical not the emotional
perspective. Creationism, like FEism relies heavily on the general distrust of the scientific community and the promotion of scientific discovery as conspiracy. Hardly better than banana man.

Next time you want to quote me, at least post something worth reading.

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2009, 08:14:14 PM »

You know what else the Catholic Church is?  It is the one that sets down the legacy of Peter since he, y'know, has the keys to Heaven and all he says on Earth is binding.

lol

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2009, 08:22:08 PM »

Next time you want to quote me, at least post something worth reading.

I feel my comparison to FErs and creationists is worth reading

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2009, 10:59:47 PM »
FE'ers often cite, depend on, and support the scientific community. Space agencies and a couple of overlapping areas are the exception.
For instance, special relativity plays a significant and common role in FE models.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2009, 02:04:45 PM »
FE'ers often cite, depend on, and support the scientific community. Space agencies and a couple of overlapping areas are the exception.
For instance, special relativity plays a significant and common role in FE models.

Disregarding that a conspiracy of all the space stations on the planet would be a very large one, similar in size to the conspiracy many creationists believe meteorologists have for man-man global warming (especially now with the climategate thang),FErs also must believe that all the phone companies and television companies and various other companies that use "satellites" are mixed up in a major conspiracy and that nearly everyone in the scientific community is wrong, both about the earth being flat, space flight being impossible and various other cosmological explanations that FErs either deny or claim conspiracy of. As I see it, this is very similar to how creationists act towards the scientific community.

and FYI there is no doubt many more creationists within the scientific community than flat-earthers

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2009, 04:12:16 PM »
I'm confused as to what point you are making.
Are you suggesting that because creationism discredits aspects of what is generally accepted in the scientific community, FE is also incorrect for disagreeing with it?
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2009, 04:18:24 PM »
Are you suggesting that because creationism discredits aspects of what is generally accepted in the scientific community, FE is also incorrect for disagreeing with it?

No I'm just saying that creationists share that aspect of "its all a conspiracy" with FErs.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »

No I'm just saying that creationists share that aspect of "its all a conspiracy" with FErs.

No, in general creationists believe in space travel.

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2009, 05:23:43 PM »

Good job misunderstanding my argument

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2009, 05:47:35 PM »

You didn't make an argument, you simply tried to associate fe'ers with creationists.

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2009, 05:52:32 PM »

You didn't make an argument, you simply tried to associate fe'ers with creationists.

I made the argument that creationists are like FErs because they both get themselves wrapped up in conspiracies that don't exist, not because they both don't believe in space travel.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2009, 06:04:07 PM »

I made the argument that creationists are like FErs because they both get themselves wrapped up in conspiracies that don't exist, not because they both don't believe in space travel.

Creationists now believe in conspiracies? That's not an argument, it's a comparison.

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2009, 07:39:00 PM »
lolfine comparison. Last time I checked, most of them think that global warming (and lotza them evolution) is a conspiracy by the scientific community.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2009, 07:40:50 PM »
lolfine comparison. Last time I checked, most of them think that global warming (and lotza them evolution) is a conspiracy by the scientific community.

You aren't thinking of creationists, you are thinking of people who do not believe in global warming. Also there is now evidence that the evidence for the current climate change came from altered data. I'm still waiting for the hole in the ozone layer to kill me, y2k to make all computers crash, etc etc.

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2009, 07:49:26 PM »

You aren't thinking of creationists, you are thinking of people who do not believe in global warming. Also there is now evidence that the evidence for the current climate change came from altered data. I'm still waiting for the hole in the ozone layer to kill me, y2k to make all computers crash, etc etc.

Well I guess believing global warming is all a conspiracy doesn't require being a creationists, but it seems as though virtually all  creationists in the US do think that its a conspiracy. And if they think all the scientists are wrong, its sorta implicitive that they also think they are lying.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »

Well I guess believing global warming is all a conspiracy doesn't require being a creationists, but it seems as though virtually all  creationists in the US do think that its a conspiracy. And if they think all the scientists are wrong, its sorta implicitive that they also think they are lying.

So what you are actually saying is "fe'ers believe in a conspiracy, people who deny global warming imply a conspiracy, many creationists deny global warming, therefore fe'ers are like creationists."

That is a huge leap in logic.