Flat earth theory

• 8 Replies
Flat earth theory
« on: March 10, 2018, 06:13:24 PM »
Hi there, so I have been reading about this flat earth "theory" and I was just wondering if any of you FEB have ever travelled around the world? take yourself a hot air ballon and travel around the gad damn globe?

First of all ive read some of you believe there is an ice wall around the globe so where is your proof of this immense icewall? if you travell around the globe you wont just hit a wall you will eventually get where you started.
Also why not buy yourselfs a telescope and see if you see any flat planets out there ? well there is none.

My bet is you guys who run this is either doing it for money/fame or you guys are just making exuses of acually travelling the world and prove your "theory".

What i want too see is a video from someone of you guys travelling the world to prove your "theory".
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 07:09:13 PM by WhatDoYouBelieve »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Flat earth theory
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 08:31:11 PM »
Do we have a time limit?

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 08:49:56 PM »
I believe that someone who wants to make a point should have more adept skills at forming and communicating an idea.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 09:09:40 PM »
According to flat earth theory. Flying machines don't exist.

And we would like it if you don't go near the ice wall because you will annoy the penguins who will choke you out and eat your dogs.

Fun fact. No rhinos in Antarctica because the penguins choked them out.

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 12:01:38 AM »
I believe that someone who wants to make a point should have more adept skills at forming and communicating an idea.

As a point of being fair in any argument, it would be best if we took their premise and worded it such that it is communicated clearly.  To say that the point is invalid or has no merit based on the skill of the person communicating is avoiding the potential that the argument has worth.

His argument can be distilled to the following:

Has anyone, that believes in the concept or idea that the Earth is flat, and using the zetetic method, actually visited or observed the locations that house the more controversial elements of the concept or idea.  This would be via firsthand accounts, with evidence or proof supporting the purported claim, and could be independently verified. 

Keep in mind the only difference between the zetetic method and scientific method is the lack of a hypothesis in the former. 
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 01:39:16 AM »
I thought he was asking if anyone saw a penguin choke out a rhino?

We really advise you to stay away from Antarctic. Consider this a PSA.

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 07:15:10 AM »
Long ago NASA recruited some of these penguins to act as spies and possibly assassins.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 07:55:23 AM »
If the NASA Guards don't shoot you, the penguins will gobble you up !
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 10:37:10 AM »
take yourself a hot air ballon and travel around the gad damn globe?
Yep. Seems feasible.
Fastest ever speed for a balloon is 245mph, in jet streams. That'd take you several hours to just cross Texas. Have fun even reaching Antarctica.

I see the argument you're trying to make, but even if you want to ignore models with two poles you'd need a plane for the journey to be possible, and the number of planes that go near Antarctica, let alone cross, are minimal. Some theoretically exist, but if you're not lucky enough to live in specific areas... Most landmasses are in the northern hemisphere, crossing the southern's only useful for going from South to South.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!