China

• 105 Replies
China
« on: October 29, 2011, 10:18:58 AM »
Will someone explain to me how you can fly either east or west to China if the Earth is flat? Also, if there is no gravity what keeps me from floating into the sky?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: China
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:25:44 AM »
The prevalent theory is that the known Earth is shaped like a circle, with the arctic region at the center and the antarctic at the edge.  When traveling east or west, or turnwise or widdershins as they're sometimes referred to, one is actually traveling in a large circle around the north pole.

The Earth is constantly accelerating upwards at a rate of approx 9.81 m/s/s.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »
Like no one would notice with all the measuring instruments!
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 10:42:13 AM »
Like no one would notice with all the measuring instruments!
Such as?
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 10:46:12 AM »
all what you can find in a jet.
GPS tracking.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 10:58:25 AM »

How many miles upward has the Earth traveled since its creation?

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 11:05:24 AM »
How do you F'ers explain seasons?

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 11:12:44 AM »
How do you F'ers explain seasons?
I got this one guys. There's no such thing as seasons. They're just a conspiracy conjured up by roundies to help support their silly RET. The temperature never actually changes, it's just an illusion.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 11:14:01 AM »
GPS tracking.
A GPS would be entirely as successful at describing your path on any map of the Earth. Case in point: Mercator is commonly used in GPS.

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 11:55:23 AM »
What's the point of latitudes and longitudes on a FE map?

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 12:50:50 PM »
What's the point of latitudes and longitudes on a FE map?
Longitude and latitude are nothing but a conspiracy made up by members of the UN to lead roundies to believe that the Earth is actually round. The U.S. government has hired a man to sit in the fourth level basement in the Pentagon and draw lines on all maps that are produced. His name is Greg.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 07:38:18 AM »
Please tell us about China  :D
Many Chinese people live there.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 05:00:54 AM »

?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 10:06:41 PM »
GPS tracking.
A GPS would be entirely as successful at describing your path on any map of the Earth. Case in point: Mercator is commonly used in GPS.

Mercator...  snort
Gather round my gentle sheep, I have a wonderful spherical story for you

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 01:26:55 AM »
PlanetPizzaz is so good at using RE maps for - wrongly - proving that the Earth is flat.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 01:44:40 PM »
Mercator...  snort
Here is an example of an on-flight GPS display shown to passengers of Virgin Atlantic flights:

Looks like Mercator to me.

PlanetPizzaz is so good at using RE maps for - wrongly - proving that the Earth is flat.
I haven't used Mercator to even hint at the fact that the Earth might be flat. Pointing out that your argument makes no sense doesn't strengthen my argument - it just weakens yours.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 11:41:24 PM »
Here is an example of an on-flight GPS display shown to passengers of Virgin Atlantic flights:

When they figure out how to display a 3D image of the earth that is as easy to understand at a glance, then they will stop using 2D representations of the Earth to show to the passengers. 

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 11:29:47 PM »
When they figure out how to display a 3D image of the earth that is as easy to understand at a glance, then they will stop using 2D representations of the Earth to show to the passengers.
Which doesn't change anything about my claim that such a representation can successfully be used to provide information about geographical location from a GPS.

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 04:48:59 AM »
The prevalent theory is that the known Earth is shaped like a circle, with the arctic region at the center and the antarctic at the edge.  When traveling east or west, or turnwise or widdershins as they're sometimes referred to, one is actually traveling in a large circle around the north pole.

Of course if you travel east or west you follow a circle on the flat earth map and you reach the same point. But assume travelling north-south (i.e. following a ray in the disk representing FE)...for example you want to reach Italy from southern africa pointing south...you are telling that it is not possible?

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 06:12:06 AM »

Of course if you travel east or west you follow a circle on the flat earth map and you reach the same point. But assume travelling north-south (i.e. following a ray in the disk representing FE)...for example you want to reach Italy from southern africa pointing south...you are telling that it is not possible?

Let us know the results of your journey.  These kinds of data would be most welcome here.

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 06:18:50 AM »
Sorry, maybe I did not explain clearly what is my doubt.

I am not interested in verifying if after some time you come back to the starting point or not,
I am only interested in what should happen following the Flat Earth Theory.

A model should let you predict what would happen if you did some thing.

Then verifying if that actually happens or not would be the second step, but I am not interested in that now.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 07:20:08 AM »
Sorry, maybe I did not explain clearly what is my doubt.

I am not interested in verifying if after some time you come back to the starting point or not,
I am only interested in what should happen following the Flat Earth Theory.

A model should let you predict what would happen if you did some thing.

Then verifying if that actually happens or not would be the second step, but I am not interested in that now.

Are you asking the FE'rs to agree on a model?  Good luck with that.  You may as well have asked them to read your mind or accept science.

If they agree on a model, then you would be able to debunk it.  That is why there are so many different theories for the FE.  If you prove one wrong, then everyone says they never believed that one and they present you with another.

?

Dr Matrix

• In Soviet Russia, Matrix enters you!
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »

Of course it is possible to reach Italy from southern Africa, in both RET and FET.
Quote from: Arthur Schopenhauer
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 07:18:55 AM »

Of course it is possible to reach Italy from southern Africa, in both RET and FET.

I have never seen an FE map that shows the proper distances for most of the world.  You can say that about RE maps as well, but at least RE'ers will tell you that it is hard to get the distances from a round Earth to be accurate on a flat map.  It should be easy for FE'ers to get the distances right, since the map and Earth are purportedly flat.  But, this does not happen.  In fact, FE'ers can not even agree on a map.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 07:38:48 AM »

I have never seen an FE map that shows the proper distances for most of the world.  You can say that about RE maps as well, but at least RE'ers will tell you that it is hard to get the distances from a round Earth to be accurate on a flat map.  It should be easy for FE'ers to get the distances right, since the map and Earth are purportedly flat.  But, this does not happen.  In fact, FE'ers can not even agree on a map.

We do have the distances right. It's you that have them wrong.

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 08:05:35 AM »

I'm sure people who use those distances everyday disagree with you. Of course you'll deny that but I had to let it be known. Also, how did the conspiracy cause ships and such to gently arch around the Earth (to match RET) instead of traveling the fastest route in a straight line?
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 10:45:01 AM »

You must have a good explaination on this one!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2011, 01:55:45 PM »

Yes, myself, and GPS technology manufacturers, and sailors, and air craft pilots, and submarine navigators, and anyone who has ever driven across a large mass of land.  We all have it wrong, but you have it right.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2011, 01:57:46 PM »
By the way,Tausami, which map are you saying has the right distances?  I have seen several, and none seem to have distances right according to RET.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2011, 05:15:03 PM »
By the way,Tausami, which map are you saying has the right distances?  I have seen several, and none seem to have distances right according to RET.

Our map has the right distances. The RE globe has the wrong ones. This is fairly simple.