Tides

• 220 Replies

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
Tides
« on: April 24, 2007, 02:35:03 PM »
The earth is flat, and rotates slowly. This motion creates a slight force that pulls objects to the rim. As objects (almost exclusively sea water) slowly move towards the south pole rim, the rotation of the earth is slowed. As the earth's rotation slows, water seeps slowly back closer to the north pole. As it approaches the north pole, the earths rotation accelerates.

Imagine one of the cheap "merry-go-rounds" in a park or playground. At it's edge, imagine an icewall that extends upwards. The object is filled with water. Now the object is spun at a reasonable speed. The water will move in and out, in and out. These are your tides.

Implications
This means that the tides, over billions of years, will come to a stop.

Test of FE or RE
As we observe the tides, we can conclude whether the earth follows a roundearth model or a flatearth model. Under a roundearth model, the tides will decline and the moon will crash into the earth. Under a flatearth model, the tides will decline and the moon will stay in its current cycle.

The test is simple, what is the relationship of delta-tide to delta-moon? Is there a strong relationship, or a weak one? I am confident, with testing, we will find there to be a very weak relationship.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: Tides
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 02:45:29 PM »
Please, by all means, waste your own time with this crap. :D
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 02:48:13 PM »
Lol this is the your most worthless theory so far.  Tides don’t go from North and south, they go east and west.  We would see the sun low and then speed up in your worthless theory.    
The moon is never going to crash into us. That’s the thing about very high orbits.  

I am now convinced you start worthless threads just to argue.  
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 02:56:20 PM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

narcberry

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 02:52:10 PM »
The moon is never going to crash into us.

What powers your perpetual motion then? But yes, I agree, the earth is flat.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 02:52:28 PM »
I don't even know why anyone bothers with this spammer...

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 02:54:45 PM »

Angular acceleration caused by gravitation.  We have seen this, other planets show orbit.   

I never said the earth was flat, your retarded ass did.  I also said your theory you pulled out of you ass was retarded.  You don't even know how tides work. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

narcberry

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 02:58:02 PM »

Angular acceleration caused by gravitation.  We have seen this, other planets show orbit.   

I never said the earth was flat, your retarded ass did.  I also said your theory you pulled out of you ass was retarded.  You don't even know how tides work. 

You're saying the moon will pull on the oceans every day and not be affected by that? Go pull something, you will find yourself oddly accelerated towards that object. If you accept the moon causes the tides by gravitation, you must also accept that the moon will, one day, crash into the earth. You denying this means that you dont believe in that silly theory, but a flat earth instead. So yes, you did say you believe in a flat earth. Or you believe in perpetual motion. I guess I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 03:01:32 PM »
That is totally untrue. The moon does pull on the tides, but it is actually getting further from earth each year by about 2cm. It is possible for there to be an attractive force and still for an object to move the opposite way, if it is obeying a stronger force (its massive momentum).
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The universe has already expanded forever

Quote from: Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

narcberry

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 03:06:48 PM »
That is totally untrue. The moon does pull on the tides, but it is actually getting further from earth each year by about 2cm. It is possible for there to be an attractive force and still for an object to move the opposite way, if it is obeying a stronger force (its massive momentum).

That is interesting...

Under a Round Earth Model
If the moon is distancing itself from the earth, then it is gaining energy. So the moon gains energy by exerting a force and by being massive.

This is contradictory physics in a round earth model.

Under a Flat Earth Model
The moon exerts huge forces on the earth. These forces crush the moon in on itself. Slowly becoming smaller and more dense. This density causes it to have a higher altitude equilibruim from the UA by 2cm a year.

This is non-contradictory physics model.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 03:08:19 PM »
How does the moon exert any force on the Earth?

And in Round Earth it is not gaining energy, it is just moving a little too fast to be in perfect orbit.

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

narcberry

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 03:10:21 PM »
If you believe in gravity, you believe that seperating two bodies of mass increases both of their potential energy.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 03:12:44 PM »
But it may be stealing that energy from somewhere else, like the Earth. The moon may be slowing the Earth's rotation (as has occurred with pluto and charon) until the Earth faces it.

Now how would the FE moon exert force on itself, or the Earth?

narcberry

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 03:14:46 PM »
I have posted this elsewhere. Celestial bodies are subject to the forces unaccounted for by the Hawking Paradox.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 03:16:40 PM »
Of course they are darling. Please answer my question.

narcberry

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 03:19:59 PM »
1. Use the search.
2. Ask your question in the thread thats already answered it.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 03:23:10 PM »
1. Use the search.
2. Ask your question in the thread thats already answered it.

Ah, how I missed you, narcberry, and your retarded "Use the Search" bullshit when you can't think of a legitimate answer to a question.

:D

narcberry

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 03:24:05 PM »
I assure you, I have never invited someone to search for a post that doesn't exist.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 03:25:25 PM »
Then give us the link.  If it's so easy to find, it should take you 30 seconds.

narcberry

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 03:27:44 PM »
I wont enable your laziness. Go get your welfare check elsewhere.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 03:30:06 PM »
Haha and Narcberry lands on his face once more, forever proving his debating skill worsens with the passing seconds (you believe in seconds, right?).

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 03:30:53 PM »
I wont enable your laziness. Go get your welfare check elsewhere.

Yeah, that's what I thought.  You're bullshit, through and through.  

It's okay if you can't think of a good answer, narcberry.  You can just admit it, instead of making up this shit about it being answered in another thread.

narcberry

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 03:31:35 PM »
Did you even try to search? Do you really need me to hold your hand?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 03:32:47 PM »
I'd love for you to hold my hand, Makinzeeee. :-*

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 03:39:15 PM »

You're saying the moon will pull on the oceans every day and not be affected by that? Go pull something, you will find yourself oddly accelerated towards that object. If you accept the moon causes the tides by gravitation, you must also accept that the moon will, one day, crash into the earth. You denying this means that you dont believe in that silly theory, but a flat earth instead. So yes, you did say you believe in a flat earth. Or you believe in perpetual motion. I guess I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Go look up spacetime bending again.  You will see that there is no ma=-ma. 
Don't turn my words around.  I don't believe in your stupid physics and I don't believe in your stupid ideas.  They arent even theorys because you have no proof what so ever. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

narcberry

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 03:42:28 PM »

I don't believe in your stupid physics and I don't believe in your stupid ideas.  They arent even theorys because you have no proof what so ever. 

So the moon circles the earth and powers its tides indefinately. I guess you do believe in perpetual motion.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 03:44:18 PM »
Like I said go look up spacetime bending. 

Please tell me what all the planets and thier moons do if they don't orbit? 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 05:35:14 AM »
wht is that picture that captian mustash keeps putting on all the discussions

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 07:01:40 AM »
Ah, yes, your infinite energy requirement, again.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 08:10:20 AM »
So the moon circles the earth and powers its tides indefinately. I guess you do believe in perpetual motion.
So the sun and the moon circle over the earth indefinitely and the UA pushes the Earth indefinitely. Apparently you believe in it, too.

Don't give us your crap, troll.
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 10:19:29 AM »
I don't like being the one to destroy a little kiddie's toy but I just can't resist...
Even if the moon would be pulled to the water I have this to say: perhaps it's speed is making its orbit a tiny bit larger, and the water pulling it down ompensates for it?
And, before you say that such an idea is ridiculous, guess what: the moon is moving away. Very slowly, but it is. If what you say is true then if there was no water it wouldsimply be moving away quicker. Your whole idea of water pulling the moon to Earth is utter nonsense, especially since it will someday escape from it's gravitational pull (unless the Sun destroys them both first... but wait! According to FET the Sun has vapourised us and the moon so we don't have to worry about that, do we?)