how does air stay on earth

• 223 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: how does air stay on earth
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2020, 12:15:04 PM »
Air stays on Earth because it's stacked in atmospheric layers from more densely packed matter at the bottom (ground) to less and less densely packed with each layer above until the very top layers sit atop of the rest ans basically freeze under little agitation due to those gases being the very last Earth has to give and so creating the ice dome.

And there's evidence of an ice dome that looks like what?
It depends on what you see.
What does a clear window look like?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2020, 12:16:23 PM »
This would work on a RE, or even an infinite FE, but how does that work for a finite FE?
Why doesn't the air run off the edge?

There is no edge.

JackBlack

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2020, 02:19:48 PM »
No, I do not mean that.
Then prove they are fake.
You have provided no reason at all to think they are. Instead you just dismiss them as fake because they refute you.

there is no possiblity of them being exist scientifically.
And more baseless lies.
Got any proof of that at all?
Or is that just another lie you need to cling to to reject reality?

You have not, because you know very well that they are fake.
No, I know very well that Focault Pendula are real.
There was one at my uni which anyone could go up to and use.
That didn't have any electromagnets at all.
It needed to be manually started, and then over a long time it would decay.

So no, I know they are real and that they clearly demonstrate Earth is rotating.
And I know that how the rate of precession varies around the globe clearly shows Earth is a globe.

there should be no intervention for a fair pendulum. If an intervene of mechanism is required, so it is impossible to exist!
Good thing they exist without the mechanism as well, and you can make one yourself.
So it is quite possible.
The mechanism is used to keep it going and to make it so people don't need to start it up.

It produces a reflection

There is no edge.
So your Earth is infinite?
No more tiny Earth snow globes?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2020, 07:27:49 PM »
This would work on a RE, or even an infinite FE, but how does that work for a finite FE?
There is no edge.
So why doesn't the air just flow away and be lost to past your "Antarctic rim"?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2020, 11:51:10 AM »
There is no edge.
Because it will go dormant and freeze by then.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2020, 11:53:58 AM »
There is no edge.

Then all the air would eventually collect at the rim, frozen into solid oxygen and nitrogen snow. Fresh air from the center would flow into replace it until there was a near vaccum.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2020, 12:26:34 PM »
There is no edge.

Then all the air would eventually collect at the rim, frozen into solid oxygen and nitrogen snow. Fresh air from the center would flow into replace it until there was a near vaccum.
Nope.
If the air cannot be agitated by the central energy reflection (sun) off the dome due to the waves not being able to penetrate that far, then you have a gradual freeze due to that lesser agitation of atmosphere, until it freezes solid.
All the rest of the atmosphere before this is being recycled.
Anything that can be agitated can be recycled.

JackBlack

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2020, 03:24:08 PM »
Which would produce the same result. All of it would freeze and fall out of the sky with no air left.

If the air cannot be agitated by the central energy reflection (sun) off the dome due to the waves not being able to penetrate that far,
And what will stop them penetrating that far?
The air which is bring frozen?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2020, 06:14:46 PM »
There is no edge.
How will that stop more air moving there "going dormant and freezing" until there is virtually no gaseous air left?

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2020, 03:14:59 AM »
how does air stay on a flat earth i am assuming that the upward movement of the earth would bring it down but the air would go over the edge i am assuming the ice wall prevents that from occurring.
It stays on earth thanks to something called gravity. It is also the reason why well all can stand on this planet. Air is a mixture of gases. Gases behave like liquids so they can greate flows (wind) It is the same reason why a wing generates lift underwater just like in air. Gravity is a the force which Sir Isaac Newton described. It pulls everything to the center of mass of the earth with a pull of 9.81N. This accelerates everything to ist center with 9.81 m/s^2. Air also has a mass, although it is very small. So air stays on earth for the same reason as humans do.

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2020, 01:46:38 PM »
Air stays on Earth because it's stacked in atmospheric layers from more densely packed matter at the bottom (ground) to less and less densely packed with each layer above until the very top layers sit atop of the rest ans basically freeze under little agitation due to those gases being the very last Earth has to give and so creating the ice dome.

And there's evidence of an ice dome that looks like what?

Have you experimentally deduced the various temperatures that the constituents  of air freeze at?

Have you experimentally deduced that the atmosphere is more dense at sea level that it is as 60,000 ft?

Have you any proof of the existence of this dome you refer to?....and the material from which it is made?
Really…..what a laugh!!!

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2020, 11:19:14 PM »
Quote from: wise
Quote from: JJA 18
Quote from: wise 4 to Solarwind
I have all the answers. I just have not enough time to reply all the BS.
Air was exist with earth since establishment.
I'm curious what evidence you have for this idea that the atmosphere and earth were created as they are now.
Can you show any effects that the simultaneous creation would leave that we can now observe?
Thanks.
[No]
I thought so.

Quote from: sceptimatic 22
If I understand correctly, these stacked layers of air don't fly off into space because they are contained by a dome of ice.
What kind of ice is that ?
How can very thin layers of atmosphere freeze into a solid structure ?
Why is that structure a dome ?
What are the dimensions of that dome ?

Quote from: sceptimatic 34
Quote from: rabinoz
Quote from: sceptimatic
There is no edge.
If I understand correctly, going further over Antarctica, the distance from the sun keeps increasing and thus it becomes colder and colder. The air from within the Antarctic rim flows over there and transitions directly from gaseous to solid state. Is that correct ?

Quote from: sceptimatic 36
Quote from: JJA
Nope.
If the air cannot be agitated by the central energy reflection (sun) off the dome due to the waves not being able to penetrate that far, then you have a gradual freeze due to that lesser agitation of atmosphere, until it freezes solid.
What is that, a gradual freeze ?
What are those waves you are referring to ? Are you talking about electromagnetic waves, i.e. light from the sun ?
If the air far over the Antarctic rim freezes solid, does that cause the atmospheric pressure over there to drop ?
What is all that rest of the atmosphere ? Is there atmosphere that does not flow over the Antarctic rim ? If so, how does it get recycled ?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2020, 12:00:00 AM »
Quote from: sceptimatic 22
If I understand correctly, these stacked layers of air don't fly off into space because they are contained by a dome of ice.
Yes. They simply freeze due to expansion.

Quote from: Amoranemix
What kind of ice is that ?
Hydrogen/helium, etc.

It depends what you mean by a solid structure. It's basically a frozen skin.

Most likely because we live inside a sort of sphere...a cell, if you like.

I have absolutely no clue whatsoever.

Quote from: sceptimatic 34
There is no edge.
If I understand correctly, going further over Antarctica, the distance from the sun keeps increasing and thus it becomes colder and colder.
I don't go with the Antarctica stuff in the terms others think.
Towards the outer gradient the central Earth energy (sun) cannot agitate the matter due to distance, so gradually the matter changes until frozen is varying degrees up to the dome.

The air from within the Antarctic rim flows over there and transitions directly from gaseous to solid state. Is that correct ?
The rimj is a rim somewhere on Earth. This is no rim. It's one upwardly curved structure. A concave build.

Quote from: sceptimatic 36
Quote from: JJA
Nope.
Yes.

What are those waves you are referring to ? Are you talking about electromagnetic waves, i.e. light from the sun ?
Pressure waves of agitation due to the central energy (sun)....yes.

If the air far over the Antarctic rim freezes solid, does that cause the atmospheric pressure over there to drop ?
The pressure would fluctuate the more you pushed towards the gradient, from high to lower pressure, until you would simply have to stop and where vehicles would simply seize up....etc.

What is all that rest of the atmosphere ? Is there atmosphere that does not flow over the Antarctic rim ? If so, how does it get recycled ?
It's a cyclone.
The cyclone would be super strong at the centre of Earth....the feed for the sun's energy and the return back to atmosphere, creating a central cyclone that spans out, getting weaker and weaker depending on the movement of the energy reflections.
Needs more explanation but basically, something like this.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2020, 12:09:55 AM »
There is no edge.
How will that stop more air moving there "going dormant and freezing" until there is virtually no gaseous air left?
Because air moving there would still be in energy range for agitation. It would be like brushing the walls.

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2020, 12:23:02 AM »
Quote from: sceptimatic 42
Quote from: Amoranemix 41
What evidence is there that these gasses cool enough up there ? Hydrogen gas and helium freeze only at extremely low temparature.

I was thinking of a dome that is solid as if made of water ice. A frozen skin is a normally pliable sheet at such low temperature that it is not pliable anymore. I fail to see how frozen hydrogen and helium can be more like a frozen skin than as a sheet of water ice.
Even so, how could that frozen skin be formed ? I know if no example of a gas depositing into a frozen skin in the absense of a substrate (i.e. some surface to deposit on).

So we are living on an infinite plane inside a sphere under a frozen skin dome made from hydrogen and helium.
What is the boundary of that sphere made of ? How big is it ? Does it inersect with the earth ?

OK. For that ice dome no dimensions can be provided that are consistent with the evidence.
Are the sun and moon inside that ice dome ? Are the stars outside of it ?

If I understand correctly, going further over Antarctica, the distance from the sun keeps increasing and thus it becomes colder and colder.
I don't go with the Antarctica stuff in the terms others think.[4]
Towards the outer gradient the central Earth energy (sun) cannot agitate the matter due to distance[5], so gradually the matter changes until frozen is varying degrees up to the dome.
[4] Antractica is the continent at the south pole. In the monopole flat earth it is a land mass that forms a rim around the known world. Apparently you don't believe in that land mass. Does that mean that there is merely a water ice rim without land that rises above sea level ? I will assume that for now and use the term southern rim or water ice rim to refer to it.
Let's define terms. The southern rim or ice rim is the frozen wall of water ice that surrounds the habitable area of the earth. On the round globe that would be  Antarctica. The air ice rim is some distance farther south beyond the southern ice ring. It is where the atmopheric gasses are depositing.
[5] In science, what you refer to as agitating matter is called heating. Matter, including gas, loses heat (agitation) through radiation. That is called cooling.
I don't understand your last sentence, but you appear to claim that gas is depositing (turning from gas to solid) outside of the southern rim. Hence, the amount of gaz decreases and the amount of solid increases, correct ?

The air from within the Antarctic rim flows over there and transitions directly from gaseous to solid state. Is that correct ?
The rimj is a rim somewhere on Earth. This is no rim.[6] It's one upwardly curved structure. A concave build.
[6] I assume 'this' is referring to the dome.
OK, but you haven't answerd my question. I was asking about the atmospheric gasses flowing over the southern ice ring, not the dome.

Yes.
I assume you have misunderstood my question. I had asked what a gradual freeze is.

So the waves you are referring to are actually the sun's light.
Are you claiming that light consists of pressure waves ?

The pressure would fluctuate the more you pushed towards the gradient, from high to lower pressure, until you would simply have to stop and where vehicles would simply seize up....etc.
I assume that with 'pushing towards the gradient' you mean, going where the atmospheric pressure is lower, i.e. closer to the air ice ring. Why would pressure fluctuate there ?
So yes, farther away, pressure would be lower. Hence there would be net wind from the high pressure area inside the southern rim to the low pressure region far outside of it. Does that wind exist in your reality ?

It's a cyclone.
The cyclone would be super strong at the centre of Earth....the feed for the sun's energy and the return back to atmosphere, creating a central cyclone that spans out, getting weaker and weaker depending on the movement of the energy reflections.
So there is one part of the atmosphere that flows over the Southern rim and deposits further away at the air ice rim. There is also another part, wich is a cyclone, which is strongest at the centre of the earth. Where is that centre of the earth ? Underground ?
You seem to mean that that cyclone is powered by the sun and returns back to the atmosphere. Where does that cyclone return to the atmopshere ? What is it's entry point ? Does the cyclone also leave the atmosphere that way ?
Then allegedly that cyclone spans out and becomes I imagine like a real weather phenomenon.

Quote from: sceptimatic 43
Because air moving there would still be in energy range for agitation. It would be like brushing the walls.
So at the air ice rim air is depositing. Yet some air is still moving, presumably the air that is arriving to replace the air that is depositing (which takes less volume, making room for more air). So we have high pressure inside the southern ring, low pressure at the air ice ring and intermediate pressure at the southern ring. So one would expect air at the southern ring to flow outward to the air ice ring. Now according to you the air still in gas form at the air ice ring prevents that from happening because it still contains heat. How does that work ?

Added to that is the question of the helium-hydrogen ice dome, which presumably touches the earth somewhere. Where does it touch the earth at the air ice rim, that rim thereby forming the base of the dome ?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2020, 02:07:39 AM »
What evidence is there that these gasses cool enough up there ? Hydrogen gas and helium freeze only at extremely low temparature.
Plenty if you take the time to look at evacuation chambers and helium balloons, etc, etc, etc.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2020, 02:20:11 AM »

I was thinking of a dome that is solid as if made of water ice.
Water ice is made under atmospheric pressure we live under due to less central agitated energy (Earth sun) reaching that area

A frozen skin is a normally pliable sheet at such low temperature that it is not pliable anymore.
What do you mean by pliable sheet in terms of ice?

I fail to see how frozen hydrogen and helium can be more like a frozen skin than as a sheet of water ice.

You fail to see it because you live below and are not marrying up what extreme low pressure is up above as part of a stacked atmosphere and huge expansion of gases sitting up at the top.

Even so, how could that frozen skin be formed ?
I know if no example of a gas depositing into a frozen skin in the absense of a substrate (i.e. some surface to deposit on).
If forms because of pressures and agitation.
the most molecules are at the bottom, compressed by all the stacked molecules all the way up, becomes less in mass with each stack, meaning each stack is more expanded than the last.
The more expanded matter becomes the less agitation of pressure against other matter, meaning less friction/heat...meaning a dormancy.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2020, 02:24:36 AM »
So we are living on an infinite plane inside a sphere under a frozen skin dome made from hydrogen and helium.
No. I don't go along with infinite plain.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2020, 02:28:48 AM »
OK. For that ice dome no dimensions can be provided that are consistent with the evidence.
Evidence of what?

Are the sun and moon inside that ice dome ?
What people observe as a sun and moon.....Yes.
Are the stars outside of it ?
So called stars are also inside the dome, which aren't stars as we are told, In my opinion.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2020, 02:35:23 AM »
Antractica is the continent at the south pole. In the monopole flat earth it is a land mass that forms a rim around the known world. Apparently you don't believe in that land mass.
There may be a land mass they call Antarctica but I don't believe it to be at a south pole or as a outer flat Earth rim.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2020, 02:39:28 AM »
Antractica is the continent at the south pole. In the monopole flat earth it is a land mass that forms a rim around the known world. Apparently you don't believe in that land mass.
There may be a land mass they call Antarctica but I don't believe it to be at a south pole or as a outer flat Earth rim.
Well, your belief is incorrect. If you disagree post your evidence.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2020, 02:42:10 AM »
Does that mean that there is merely a water ice rim without land that rises above sea level ?
I believe there is an inner gradient towards the centre and an outer gradient that eventually becomes the ice wall for the dome.
Basically a cell.

I will assume that for now and use the term southern rim or water ice rim to refer to it.
You'll just mix yourself up.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2020, 05:09:43 AM »
Does that mean that there is merely a water ice rim without land that rises above sea level ?
I believe there is an inner gradient towards the centre and an outer gradient that eventually becomes the ice wall for the dome.
Basically a cell.

There can't be an ice-wall around Antarctica because numerous people have circumnavigated the Earth via BOTH the North Pole and the South Pole.
There are in fact many people who have done a polar circumnavigation, and the information can be easily found on the Internet.
  • November 14-17, 1965, Capt. Fred Lester Austin, Jr. and Harrison Finch took off from Honolulu, the United States to circumnavigate the Earth through both the poles.
    Route: Honolulu, United States – North Pole – London, England – Lisbon, Portugal – Buenos Aires, Argentina – South Pole – Christchurch, New Zealand – Honolulu, United States.

• In 1977, PanAm Flight 50 circumnavigated the Earth through the North and South Pole in order to celebrate PanAm’s 50th anniversary.
    Route: San Francisco, United States – North Pole – London, England – Cape Town, South Africa – South Pole – Auckland, New Zealand – San Francisco, United States.

• In 1979, Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Charles R. Burton set out from Greenwich, England to the South Pole, and then headed north to the North Pole and back to Greenwich. This journey is recorded by the Guinness Book of World Records as the first surface polar circumnavigation.
    Route: Greenwich, England – Cape Town, South Africa – South Pole – Auckland, New Zealand – Sydney, Australia – Los Angeles, United States – Vancouver, Canada – Yukon River, Canada – North Pole – Greenwich, UK.

• In 1988-1989, Dick Smith circumnavigated the globe through both poles using a Twin Otter plane.

• In 1992, Michael Palin made a documentary for the BBC featuring his travel from the Arctic to the South Pole.
    Route: North Pole – Nord Base, Greenland – Svalbard, Norway – Norway – Helsinki, Finland – Leningrad, Soviet Union (now St. Petersburg) – Kiev, Soviet Union – Odessa, Soviet Union – Istanbul, Turkey – Limassol, Cyprus – Cairo, Egypt – Khartoum, Sudan – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – Nairobi, Kenya – Serengeti, Tanzania – Lusaka, Zambia – Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe – Cape Town, South Africa – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Santiago, Chile – South Pole.

• In 2009, the TAG Transpolar08 flight circumnavigated the Earth through the North and South Pole, at the same time breaking the speed record, with an average speed of 822.8 km/h.
    Route: Farnborough, England – North Pole – Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada – Majuro, Marshall Islands – Christchurch, New Zealand – South Pole – Punta Arenas, Chile – Sal, Cape Verde – Farnborough, England.

• In 2019, One More Orbit Attempts World Circumnavigation Speed Record, Update 11 July: A new record, Total flight time: 46:39:38

And just in case you try to place your ice-wall somewhere else plenty have circumnavigated the Earth near the Equator, including Mike Horne who did in on his own keeping close to the the Equator:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This is the route Mike Horn took for his solo and human-powered ‘Horizontal’ crossing of the globe following the Equator at Latitude zero:
Quote from: Mike Horn
“When I left, I thought I knew enough to go round the world this way. Now that I am back, I know that I don’t know enough to start again.”

Read the rest, with the hair raising photos in: Mike Horn for his solo and human-powered ‘Horizontal’ crossing of the globe following the Equator at Latitude zero.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

JackBlack

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2020, 05:10:57 PM »
Plenty if you take the time to look at evacuation chambers and helium balloons, etc, etc, etc.
If you take the time to look at helium, it requires quite significant pressures to freeze, because there is basically no interaction between the molecules.
Either way, you seem to have skipped over a big point, as the gas freezes, it would shrink, a lot, and then it would either fall to Earth, or just continue flying out to space. It wouldn't be forming an impenetrable wall.
Then more air would enter the same region and freeze and fly off into space.

You haven't provided a solution to keep the air in.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2020, 04:06:26 AM »
Basically a cell.

There can't be an ice-wall around Antarctica because numerous people have circumnavigated the Earth via BOTH the North Pole and the South Pole.
There are in fact many people who have done a polar circumnavigation, and the information can be easily found on the Internet.
  • November 14-17, 1965, Capt. Fred Lester Austin, Jr. and Harrison Finch took off from Honolulu, the United States to circumnavigate the Earth through both the poles.
    Route: Honolulu, United States – North Pole – London, England – Lisbon, Portugal – Buenos Aires, Argentina – South Pole – Christchurch, New Zealand – Honolulu, United States.

• In 1977, PanAm Flight 50 circumnavigated the Earth through the North and South Pole in order to celebrate PanAm’s 50th anniversary.
    Route: San Francisco, United States – North Pole – London, England – Cape Town, South Africa – South Pole – Auckland, New Zealand – San Francisco, United States.

• In 1979, Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Charles R. Burton set out from Greenwich, England to the South Pole, and then headed north to the North Pole and back to Greenwich. This journey is recorded by the Guinness Book of World Records as the first surface polar circumnavigation.
    Route: Greenwich, England – Cape Town, South Africa – South Pole – Auckland, New Zealand – Sydney, Australia – Los Angeles, United States – Vancouver, Canada – Yukon River, Canada – North Pole – Greenwich, UK.

• In 1988-1989, Dick Smith circumnavigated the globe through both poles using a Twin Otter plane.

• In 1992, Michael Palin made a documentary for the BBC featuring his travel from the Arctic to the South Pole.
    Route: North Pole – Nord Base, Greenland – Svalbard, Norway – Norway – Helsinki, Finland – Leningrad, Soviet Union (now St. Petersburg) – Kiev, Soviet Union – Odessa, Soviet Union – Istanbul, Turkey – Limassol, Cyprus – Cairo, Egypt – Khartoum, Sudan – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – Nairobi, Kenya – Serengeti, Tanzania – Lusaka, Zambia – Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe – Cape Town, South Africa – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Santiago, Chile – South Pole.

• In 2009, the TAG Transpolar08 flight circumnavigated the Earth through the North and South Pole, at the same time breaking the speed record, with an average speed of 822.8 km/h.
    Route: Farnborough, England – North Pole – Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada – Majuro, Marshall Islands – Christchurch, New Zealand – South Pole – Punta Arenas, Chile – Sal, Cape Verde – Farnborough, England.

• In 2019, One More Orbit Attempts World Circumnavigation Speed Record, Update 11 July: A new record, Total flight time: 46:39:38

And just in case you try to place your ice-wall somewhere else plenty have circumnavigated the Earth near the Equator, including Mike Horne who did in on his own keeping close to the the Equator:
This is the route Mike Horn took for his solo and human-powered ‘Horizontal’ crossing of the globe following the Equator at Latitude zero:
Quote from: Mike Horn
“When I left, I thought I knew enough to go round the world this way. Now that I am back, I know that I don’t know enough to start again.”

Read the rest, with the hair raising photos in: Mike Horn for his solo and human-powered ‘Horizontal’ crossing of the globe following the Equator at Latitude zero.
You also believe men walked upon a moon and many many other things that you have no direct proof of and are reliant on simply following set narratives.

That's the reality and is no more a reality than my thought process, which I'm not passing off as a reality but is taken as though I am.
It's my best guess based on everything that appears to show evidence, to, of potentials.

I've more than documented these.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2020, 04:08:23 AM »
If you take the time to look at helium, it requires quite significant pressures to freeze, because there is basically no interaction between the molecules.
Either way, you seem to have skipped over a big point, as the gas freezes, it would shrink, a lot, and then it would either fall to Earth, or just continue flying out to space. It wouldn't be forming an impenetrable wall.
Then more air would enter the same region and freeze and fly off into space.

You haven't provided a solution to keep the air in.
You can do 2 things with helium.
You can contain it under pressure or you can allow it to expand.

JackBlack

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2020, 06:04:40 AM »
You also believe men walked upon a moon and many many other things that you have no direct proof of and are reliant on simply following set narratives.
You mean of which there is an abundance of evidence for and no sane reason has been provided to doubt it.

And allowing it to expand means it isn't going to freeze.

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2020, 12:08:04 PM »
Quote from: sceptimatic 45
Quote from: Amoranemix 44
Great! Then please present that evidence.

A frozen skin is a normally pliable sheet at such low temperature that it is not pliable anymore.
I don't mean a pliable sheet in terms of ice. Ice to my knowledge does not form pliable sheets.

Quote from: sceptimatic 46
I fail to see how frozen hydrogen and helium can be more like a frozen skin than as a sheet of water ice.
You fail to see it because you live below and are not marrying up what extreme low pressure is up above as part of a stacked atmosphere and huge expansion of gases sitting up at the top.
I would ask you to prove that, but it doesn't seem important. If the helium-hydrogen ice dome being like a frozen skin is important to your case, then feel free to prove that.

I know if no example of a gas depositing into a frozen skin in the absense of a substrate (i.e. some surface to deposit on).
If forms because of pressures and agitation.[7]
the most molecules are at the bottom, compressed by all the stacked molecules all the way up, becomes less in mass with each stack, meaning each stack is more expanded than the last.
The more expanded matter becomes the less agitation of pressure against other matter, meaning less friction/heat...meaning a dormancy.[8]
[7] The question remains: how ?
[8] You seem to attempt to explain how molecules high up in the atmosphere become dormant, whatever that means, but that is not what I asked.

Quote from: sceptimatic 47
So we are living on an infinite plane inside a sphere under a frozen skin dome made from hydrogen and helium.[8]
What is the boundary of that sphere made of ? How big is it ? Does it inersect with the earth ?[9]
[8] No. I don't go along with infinite plain.
[9] [no response]
[8] So your earth is a plane without an edge. Yet it is not infinite. What is it's geometry then ?
[9] You forgot to answer my question.

Quote from: sceptimatic 48
Evidence of what?
Evidence of the real world that relates to the existence of such dome.

At what altitude are the sun and moon ?

So called stars are also inside the dome, which aren't stars as we are told, In my opinion.
That would be interesting to analyse further, but seems to much off topic.

Quote from: sceptimatic 49
So there is this southern rim of water ice, that has no land mass. Antarctica, if it exists, is somewhere else.

Quote from: sceptimatic 51
Basically a cell.
I assume that with inner and outer (gradient) you mean inside, respectively outside of the southern rim. A gradient of what ?
How are the water ice wall (i.e. the southern rim) and the dome (of heliun-hydrogen ice) related ? I have asked this before, but your forgot to answer : Is the southern rim the base of the dome ?
That is the second time you refer to something remotely similar to a cell, as a cell.

I don't understand your last sentence, but you appear to claim that gas is depositing (turning from gas to solid) outside of the southern rim. Hence, the amount of gaz decreases and the amount of solid increases, correct ?
[no response]
You forgot to answer my question.

The rimj is a rim somewhere on Earth. This is no rim.[6] It's one upwardly curved structure. A concave build.
OK, but you haven't answerd my question. I was asking about the atmospheric gasses flowing over the southern ice ring, not the dome.
[no response]

Yes.
I assume you have misunderstood my question. I had asked what a gradual freeze is.
[no response]

[no response]

Quote from: sceptimatic 55
Quote from: rabinoz 54
[accounts of people traversing the south pole]
Perhaps he does, but rabinoz' beliefs do not undermine the evidence supporting that people traversed the south pole.

I assume that with 'pushing towards the gradient' you mean, going where the atmospheric pressure is lower, i.e. closer to the air ice ring. Why would pressure fluctuate there ?
So yes, farther away, pressure would be lower. Hence there would be net wind from the high pressure area inside the southern rim to the low pressure region far outside of it. Does that wind exist in your reality ?
[no response]
You forgot to answer my questions.

It's a cyclone.
So there is one part of the atmosphere that flows over the Southern rim and deposits further away at the air ice rim. There is also another part, wich is a cyclone, which is strongest at the centre of the earth. Where is that centre of the earth ? Underground ?
You seem to mean that that cyclone is powered by the sun and returns back to the atmosphere. Where does that cyclone return to the atmopshere ? What is it's entry point ? Does the cyclone also leave the atmosphere that way ?
Then allegedly that cyclone spans out and becomes I imagine like a real weather phenomenon.
[no response]

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2020, 01:00:31 AM »

And allowing it to expand means it isn't going to freeze.
It will at the very top of the stack.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2020, 01:01:24 AM »
Great! Then please present that evidence.

I don't mean a pliable sheet in terms of ice. Ice to my knowledge does not form pliable sheets.

Quote from: sceptimatic 46
I would ask you to prove that, but it doesn't seem important. If the helium-hydrogen ice dome being like a frozen skin is important to your case, then feel free to prove that.

If forms because of pressures and agitation.[7]
The more expanded matter becomes the less agitation of pressure against other matter, meaning less friction/heat...meaning a dormancy.[8]
[7] The question remains: how ?
[8] You seem to attempt to explain how molecules high up in the atmosphere become dormant, whatever that means, but that is not what I asked.

Quote from: sceptimatic 47
So we are living on an infinite plane inside a sphere under a frozen skin dome made from hydrogen and helium.[8]
What is the boundary of that sphere made of ? How big is it ? Does it inersect with the earth ?[9]
[8] No. I don't go along with infinite plain.
[9] [no response]
[8] So your earth is a plane without an edge. Yet it is not infinite. What is it's geometry then ?
[9] You forgot to answer my question.

Evidence of what?
Evidence of the real world that relates to the existence of such dome.

At what altitude are the sun and moon ?

That would be interesting to analyse further, but seems to much off topic.

Quote from: sceptimatic 49
So there is this southern rim of water ice, that has no land mass. Antarctica, if it exists, is somewhere else.

Quote from: sceptimatic 51
Basically a cell.
I assume that with inner and outer (gradient) you mean inside, respectively outside of the southern rim. A gradient of what ?
How are the water ice wall (i.e. the southern rim) and the dome (of heliun-hydrogen ice) related ? I have asked this before, but your forgot to answer : Is the southern rim the base of the dome ?
That is the second time you refer to something remotely similar to a cell, as a cell.

[no response]

[no response]

Yes.
[no response]

[no response]

Quote from: sceptimatic 55
Quote from: rabinoz 54
[accounts of people traversing the south pole]
Perhaps he does, but rabinoz' beliefs do not undermine the evidence supporting that people traversed the south pole.

[no response]

It's a cyclone.
[no response]
One question at a time. I'm bored trawling through various.