Faking the moon landing impossible

• 457 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Faking the moon landing impossible
« Reply #330 on: May 01, 2017, 06:13:01 AM »
If you are implying that the moon rock somehow traveled to earth by itself and somebody picked it up... traveled a quarter of a million miles by itself... I think even for a flat earther - that is far fetched.
Not really.  It fairly well known that larger asteroid impacts on the moon (and even Mars) can cause lunar (or martian) ejecta to reach the earth in the form of meteors.  Of course, it's generally pretty easy to tell the difference between such meteors and samples that didn't have to survive atmospheric entry.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #331 on: May 01, 2017, 02:28:55 PM »
Video editing.... again this was POSSIBLE. As mentioned, it was POSSIBLE to prepare the entire LIVE broadcast beforehand. That's the ONLY point being made.

You can't do video editing beforehand if it's a live broadcast. That's what LIVE means.

If by "prepare the entire LIVE broadcast beforehand" you mean "planning", then, yeah.

Really? It's amazing how such simple concepts are beyond you...

Here, this is live
Right? Because it says live on youtube as well as on the video itself

That's a recording of a live broadcast. It was live when it was broadcast live, but is no longer live. I think you already knew that, but are just being silly for some reason.

I can tell you the score will be 1-3, place some bets on it. It's live right?

Actually, I would if I could get someone to take the bet against that result! :D

Did you know at the end of the first half that the final score would be 1 - 3 when the game was being broadcast live?

If yes, did you fix the match? If you're well-connected enough to do that, I'm impressed you spend time here and we should be honored! Do you have any tips on games that haven't been played yet?

Seriously, for some reason you seem to be arguing that actual live broadcasts aren't truly live broadcasts if it's possible to record them for later playback (including the 'LIVE' icon that is sometimes shown). Get a grip.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #332 on: May 01, 2017, 07:42:25 PM »

« Reply #333 on: May 01, 2017, 10:51:22 PM »
I thought I'd heard it all but this is new to me.

Do people actually believe that faking the moon landings was impossible and it was easier to just send humans there instead?

On what basis is this claimed?

Here's my take on it:

Requirements to fake a moon landing:

• Film studio - available
  • Government controlled and monitored desert - available
  • Video camera - available
  • Extremely smart Hollywood producers - available
  • Full control over the live feed to the media - available
  • Camera speed control - available
  • Editing capabilities - available
  • Space shuttle to launch into orbit - available
  • Live footage from orbit - available
  • Ability to return from orbit - done

So how was it impossible? What exactly was impossible to fake?

This thread is about the possibility of faking it. Not whether it was faked or not.

Forgot one small detail - THE MOON ROCKS - Can't be faked!  There is no process on earth (then or now) that can produce an authentic moon rock.  The moon rock from the Apollo missions are REAL.  Period.

1. Moon rock has nothing to do with "going to the moon is cheaper than faking it"
2. Moon rock cannot be confirmed as a moon rock without having another moon rock to analyse and compare
3. Obtaining moon rocks does NOT require a man to go and fetch it

So your logic is if I have a rock sample from inside a burning volcano then it means I went there in person and it's REAL.. period

This thread was concluded ages ago. The claim that it was cheaper to actually go than to fake it is grade A bullpoop.

Apples to Oranges.  Having a rock sample from inside a burning volcano could mean you got it from somebody else; however, the rock does prove that SOMEBODY got that rock from the volcano.  If you are implying that the moon rock somehow traveled to earth by itself and somebody picked it up... traveled a quarter of a million miles by itself... I think even for a flat earther - that is far fetched.
That's EXACTLY my point.

A burning volcano has lava reaching up to 1,200 °C and NO HUMAN can extract anything from it. But it doesn't mean it's not possible. Moon rock CAN be fetched with equipment, it's POSSIBLE without human. You guys are on the borderline of absolute stupidity not being able to understand such a simple thing.

« Reply #334 on: May 01, 2017, 10:54:11 PM »
Video editing.... again this was POSSIBLE. As mentioned, it was POSSIBLE to prepare the entire LIVE broadcast beforehand. That's the ONLY point being made.

You can't do video editing beforehand if it's a live broadcast. That's what LIVE means.

If by "prepare the entire LIVE broadcast beforehand" you mean "planning", then, yeah.

Here, this is live

That's a recording of a live broadcast. It was live when it was broadcast live, but is no longer live. I think you already knew that, but are just being silly for some reason.

Actually, I would if I could get someone to take the bet against that result! :D

Did you know at the end of the first half that the final score would be 1 - 3 when the game was being broadcast live?

If yes, did you fix the match? If you're well-connected enough to do that, I'm impressed you spend time here and we should be honored! Do you have any tips on games that haven't been played yet?

Seriously, for some reason you seem to be arguing that actual live broadcasts aren't truly live broadcasts if it's possible to record them for later playback (including the 'LIVE' icon that is sometimes shown). Get a grip.
Once again, this is exactly the point.
It's not a recording for playback, the stream on YouTube was LIVE when I posted it. In fact, I just played it and it's still live. You can't forward it as it's a LIVE stream. But the contents are NOT live.

This has ALWAYS been possible with live broadcasts. That's the point. POSSIBLE

Please don't be so daft any longer it's tiring

« Reply #335 on: May 02, 2017, 12:08:02 AM »
No proof a moon landing was impossible here.

A 'live stream' means watch as it happens, not a recording.

« Reply #336 on: May 02, 2017, 12:34:13 AM »

Since you don't know what live stream actually means I'll ask a basic questions.

All relevant keywords are capitalised to make it easier to understand the question.

Was it POSSIBLE (whether they did or not) to transmit a broadcast live of something pre-recorded? Was this IMPOSSIBLE to do or was it POSSIBLE?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #337 on: May 02, 2017, 12:38:21 AM »

Since you don't know what live stream actually means I'll ask a basic questions.

All relevant keywords are capitalised to make it easier to understand the question.

Was it POSSIBLE (whether they did or not) to transmit a broadcast live of something pre-recorded? Was this IMPOSSIBLE to do or was it POSSIBLE?
Yes it's possible. It's possible to record any event, staged or not and play it at a later date to an audience as if it was live, as long as the audience have no prior knowledge PHYSICALLY that this is not the case.

I just thought I'd answer.

« Reply #338 on: May 02, 2017, 12:44:39 AM »

What does that mean?

It does not matter that the moon landing could have been recorded in a studio, the question is was it.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #339 on: May 02, 2017, 12:56:38 AM »
Of course it was possible to fake the moon landing.

I don't think we did fake the landing (possibly some scenes filmed on earth) I think we probably did land on the moon but I can't honestly say it would have been impossible to fake.

I don't think anyone could say honestly that it would have been impossible to fake.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #340 on: May 02, 2017, 01:01:03 AM »

Yes it's possible. It's possible to record any event, staged or not and play it at a later date to an audience as if it was live, as long as the audience have no prior knowledge PHYSICALLY that this is not the case.

I just thought I'd answer.
Thank you

What does that mean?
See youtube video I posted earlier. And if you can't understand this basic broadcasting method then it's pointless.

It does not matter that the moon landing could have been recorded in a studio, the question is was it.
That's not the question at all. Read the first post in the thread to understand the discussion.

« Reply #341 on: May 02, 2017, 01:04:46 AM »
If it keeps you happy then, yes, it would have been possible to prerecord the whole moon launch and landing.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #342 on: May 02, 2017, 01:20:47 AM »

It was impossible to fake the fact that the signals came from the moon.  The Australian Radio Telescope at Parkes was the downlink station for the first moonwalk transmission. 

That's impossible to fake.  Sorry,  but your theory is busted.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #343 on: May 02, 2017, 01:56:23 AM »
The theory that "it was possible to fake the moonlanding" hasn't been debunked you dolt.

It's just really hard and really unlikely to be faked imo.
I'm anti-judaism.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #344 on: May 02, 2017, 02:28:55 AM »
The theory that "it was possible to fake the moonlanding" hasn't been debunked you dolt.

So to fake the transmissions that physically came from the moon they set up a studio on the moon to transmit the fake broadcast?

Sounds legit,

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #345 on: May 02, 2017, 02:32:09 AM »

So to fake the transmissions that physically came from the moon they set up a studio on the moon to transmit the fake broadcast?

Sounds legit,

How can you prove the signals physically came from the moon?

You have been here for too long to try this with flat earthers.
I'm anti-judaism.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #346 on: May 02, 2017, 03:54:31 AM »

Sounds legit,

How can you prove the signals physically came from the moon?

You have been here for too long to try this with flat earthers.

Thats the direction they had to point the dish to pick up and track the signals.   Also a few well equipped radio amateurs were able to listen in to the audio and telemetry channels.

Jodrell bank in the UK, also recorded the doppler shift on the lunar module transmissions during landing. 

All these things are actually impossible to fake.   

You have to be on the moon to send a transmission from the moon. 

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 03:56:03 AM by Rayzor »

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #347 on: May 02, 2017, 06:30:31 AM »
Is this your first time in FE general?

That can all be discounted as part of the conspiracy.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #348 on: May 02, 2017, 06:45:05 AM »
If it keeps you happy then, yes, it would have been possible to prerecord the whole moon launch and landing.

That's the only point being made about the live broadcast. That "it was possible".

So from my initial list, each point is confirmed that it COULD be faked hence, the claim "Going to the moon was easier than faking it" is one of the dumbest thing ever said in this regard.

Unfortunately pure dunces are adamant in trying to prove why it was real when that's not the subject here at all.

« Reply #349 on: May 02, 2017, 06:54:47 AM »

Do people actually believe that faking the moon landings was impossible and it was easier to just send humans there instead?

Here's my take on it:

This thread is about the possibility of faking it. Not whether it was faked or not.

Forgot one small detail - THE MOON ROCKS - Can't be faked!  There is no process on earth (then or now) that can produce an authentic moon rock.  The moon rock from the Apollo missions are REAL.  Period.

1. Moon rock has nothing to do with "going to the moon is cheaper than faking it"
2. Moon rock cannot be confirmed as a moon rock without having another moon rock to analyse and compare

So your logic is if I have a rock sample from inside a burning volcano then it means I went there in person and it's REAL.. period

This thread was concluded ages ago. The claim that it was cheaper to actually go than to fake it is grade A bullpoop.

Apples to Oranges.  Having a rock sample from inside a burning volcano could mean you got it from somebody else; however, the rock does prove that SOMEBODY got that rock from the volcano.  If you are implying that the moon rock somehow traveled to earth by itself and somebody picked it up... traveled a quarter of a million miles by itself... I think even for a flat earther - that is far fetched.
That's EXACTLY my point.

A burning volcano has lava reaching up to 1,200 °C and NO HUMAN can extract anything from it. But it doesn't mean it's not possible. Moon rock CAN be fetched with equipment, it's POSSIBLE without human. You guys are on the borderline of absolute stupidity not being able to understand such a simple thing.

You know what... you are absolutely right.  The earth is flat.  You and a handful of brilliant people have finally figured it out.  This is huge.  I think you should go on national television and pronounce your findings.  Get your faces out there so people know who you are.  You deserve this credit.  You deserve all the attention this will bring you.  Good job.  You have blown the conspiracy.  All I can think is WOW!  I can't believe this whole "round earth" nonsense went on for so long.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #350 on: May 02, 2017, 07:05:36 AM »
A burning volcano has lava reaching up to 1,200 °C and NO HUMAN can extract anything from it.
Incorrect.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #351 on: May 02, 2017, 07:19:17 AM »
I'm anti-judaism.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #352 on: May 02, 2017, 07:52:56 AM »

You know what... you are absolutely right.  The earth is flat. All I can think is WOW!  I can't believe this whole "round earth" nonsense went on for so long.

My thoughts exactly.

« Reply #353 on: May 02, 2017, 07:59:17 AM »

Here, this is live <youtube link>

Once again, this is exactly the point.
It's not a recording for playback, the stream on YouTube was LIVE when I posted it.

The link you posted a couple of days ago? No. The game was played last summer. You're seeing a recording of the game played back from one of youtube's servers.

Unless the players are back on the field, commentators in the booth, and the fans in the stands recreating the game in exact detail every time you watch it, it's not live. Sorry.

In fact, I just played it and it's still live. You can't forward it as it's a LIVE stream.

Are you confusing streaming video with live streaming? Live streaming is a particular kind of streaming.

Live streaming refers to Internet content delivered in real-time, as events happen, much as live television broadcasts its contents over the airwaves via a television signal.

Streaming media is multimedia that is constantly received by and presented to an end-user while being delivered by a provider. The verb "to stream" refers to the process of delivering or obtaining media in this manner; the term refers to the delivery method of the medium, rather than the medium itself, and is an alternative to file downloading, a process in which the end-user obtains the entire file for the content before watching or listening to it.

But the contents are NOT live.

Then it's not a live broadcast (or a live stream). I'm glad that's settled. Was it really that difficult to understand?

Not true. In the early days of television, it wasn't even possible to record video except on film. It wasn't until the late '50s that a practical video tape recorder was developed. For the first decade or so, TV broadcasts were either from movie film converted to video, or live - that is, with signals from a camera effectively connected directly to the transmitter (although the signal bound for the transmitter could be split and recorded to film at the same time, if desired). Note that the conversion from film to video produces recognizable artifacts, so passing off movie film as "live television" to a reasonably astute audience wouldn't work.

I don't know how old you are, but it might come as a surprise to you that youtube didn't exist at the time of the Apollo moon landings. There wasn't even an internet then, streams were flowing liquid, and servers were people working in restaurants or playing volleyball, tennis, and the like.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #354 on: May 02, 2017, 08:42:46 AM »

Here's my take on it:

That's EXACTLY my point.

You know what... you are absolutely right.  The earth is flat.  You and a handful of brilliant people have finally figured it out.  This is huge.  I think you should go on national television and pronounce your findings.  Get your faces out there so people know who you are.  You deserve this credit.  You deserve all the attention this will bring you.  Good job.  You have blown the conspiracy.  All I can think is WOW!  I can't believe this whole "round earth" nonsense went on for so long.

Clearly the argument's gone straight up your arse.

PS. Never once did I say the Earth is flat. You moon landing blind brainwashed sheep have no responses to valid arguments so you do things like type in gigantic font as if it'll make what you say more valid or change subject and try to ridicule when clearly it displays your ignorance more than anything else. And the weird part is, you're actually saying the truth (except for the flat earth bit) disguising it as sarcasm.. lol pathetic

« Reply #355 on: May 02, 2017, 08:48:09 AM »
A burning volcano has lava reaching up to 1,200 °C and NO HUMAN can extract anything from it.
Incorrect.

My example wasn't great but that's a dormant volcano

« Reply #356 on: May 02, 2017, 09:12:24 AM »
You've really cornered yourself now

The link you posted a couple of days ago? No. The game was played last summer. You're seeing a recording of the game played back from one of youtube's servers.
I will now post your sentence with reference to the moonlanding
"No. The moon landing was before July 1969. You're seeing a recording of the staged moon landing played back from NASA."

Unless the players are back on the field, commentators in the booth, and the fans in the stands recreating the game in exact detail every time you watch it, it's not live. Sorry.
You're not very smart are you? The video is a live stream, it's displayed as it's received from the person broadcasting it. The contents is the football match that was played before (i.e. not live)

In fact, I just played it and it's still live. You can't forward it as it's a LIVE stream.

Are you confusing streaming video with live streaming? Live streaming is a particular kind of streaming.
Nope, i never once said "streaming video" - I said "live stream" - 1 broadcast to the server that pushes it out to viewers. Still confused?
In TV terms, 1 broadcast (staged moon landing) to the TV station that pushed it out to viewers.

Live streaming refers to Internet content delivered in real-time, as events happen, much as live television broadcasts its contents over the airwaves via a television signal.

And your point is?

Streaming media is multimedia that is constantly received by and presented to an end-user while being delivered by a provider. The verb "to stream" refers to the process of delivering or obtaining media in this manner; the term refers to the delivery method of the medium, rather than the medium itself, and is an alternative to file downloading, a process in which the end-user obtains the entire file for the content before watching or listening to it.

Again, your point is? It's ok to try and feel clever.

But the contents are NOT live.

Then it's not a live broadcast (or a live stream). I'm glad that's settled. Was it really that difficult to understand?
Yes, it's still a live broadcast whether the contents are live or not. The broadcast is live, the contents are not live. Radio is live but the songs are not being performed that very second.

Not true. In the early days of television, it wasn't even possible to record video except on film. It wasn't until the late '50s that a practical video tape recorder was developed. For the first decade or so, TV broadcasts were either from movie film converted to video, or live - that is, with signals from a camera effectively connected directly to the transmitter (although the signal bound for the transmitter could be split and recorded to film at the same time, if desired). Note that the conversion from film to video produces recognizable artifacts, so passing off movie film as "live television" to a reasonably astute audience wouldn't work.

I don't know how old you are, but it might come as a surprise to you that youtube didn't exist at the time of the Apollo moon landings. There wasn't even an internet then, streams were flowing liquid, and servers were people working in restaurants or playing volleyball, tennis, and the like.

Youtube didn't exist in 1969? Oh no!!!!

Anyway, the more you try to be clever the harder you'll fall. The moon landing was not broadcast directly from the moon. It was not a live feed. You'll find that information from NASA. So you're wrong in pretty much every possible way in trying to be clever. Good effort though. The fact that the TV broadcast was provided by NASA (from Earth) - ANYTHING CAN be provided. That's all.

And for the millionth time, WHETHER they did or didn't isn't the argument, the point is simply that they COULD, POSSIBLE... Unless you can prove it's impossible, stick to the topic

?

dutchy

« Reply #357 on: May 02, 2017, 09:20:01 AM »
The default argument seems to be that the overwhelming proof of the moonlandings is a testimony in itself and the chances of fakery are extremely limited.
In the various discussions about the moonlandings, globers claim that NASA and sub contractors still have most of the data to re-built the Apollo machinery and the knowledge about how to do it again is recorded, preserved and known by every scientist in the field.

If that is the case then going back to the moon shouldn't be a problem.
Both Bush and Obama hinted about going back and the Chinese are getting close with far superiour computing power, equall financial resources and a whole lot of data that was tested, preserved and understood by the whole scientific world.

So what is the problem here ?
Why can't we go back ?.....the Chinese like to go there with a manned mission and so does NASA (step before going to mars according to a NASA spokesman before congress),
What is a realistic timeframe in which ''we moonhoaxer's'' will have a point in denying the initial moonlandings ?
IOW do our critics have more value in 2030 when no other nation has returned to the moon with a manned mission ?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #358 on: May 02, 2017, 09:22:06 AM »
Incorrect.

LOL!!  Dormant volcanoes don't have lava streams coming out of them.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #359 on: May 02, 2017, 09:24:58 AM »
Incorrect.

LOL!!  Dormant volcanoes don't have lava streams coming out of them.
Don't you mean extinct volcanoes?