Bit of Background

• 4 Replies

mak3m

Bit of Background
« on: August 30, 2019, 02:33:29 AM »
Hi I'm new to the forum and the flat earth debate itself.

I stumbled into it by chance.

Can someone give me a quick potted history of modern flat earth theory, or point me in the right direction.

Appreciate there is a wiki and a FAQ section   but it's clear that flat earth theory is quite fractious at the moment and there appears to be a number of competing and sometimes contradictory camps.

I'm really after a list of the popular theories which are currently being debated and expanded.

Also more of a cheeky question did I miss some drama  ;D namely two flat earth societies, two websites and two forums where the community refers to the other as 'that other site' .

Is there, was there, a beef  :D

But in all seriousness is there differences between the organisations, should I follow both if I want to engage in the debate?

Ta

Maks
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
Re: Bit of Background
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 03:50:49 AM »
You are less likely to get "banned" on this site for posting dissenting opinions...

That wiki is crazy though, right?
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

mak3m

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 05:42:19 AM »
You are less likely to get "banned" on this site for posting dissenting opinions...

That wiki is crazy though, right?

;D

Will bear that in mind.

For the second part hell yes, the wiki is mad, so many contradictory points in the introduction alone. Im interested in Gravity and UA, but trying to find what the FE consensus is, is proving a tough one.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 08:51:46 AM »
A few years ago there was some unhappiness here, due to some tech issues and personality clashes. Some of the members split off and made their own forum. People are free to belong to whichever forum they like, many belong to both of them. I'm pretty sure no one is mad about it anymore. EXCEPT ME, GRRR.

If you want a description for some of the different FE theories I suggest this thread https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71053.0 

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

mak3m

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 04:19:11 PM »
A few years ago there was some unhappiness here, due to some tech issues and personality clashes. Some of the members split off and made their own forum. People are free to belong to whichever forum they like, many belong to both of them. I'm pretty sure no one is mad about it anymore. EXCEPT ME, GRRR.

If you want a description for some of the different FE theories I suggest this thread https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71053.0

Brilliant but this is going to take some time 😂😂😂

I'm lurking and just making a few comments here and there, but the UA theory really fascinates me. I see a couple of initial problems but I want to know more before getting into a debate about it.

Got a feeling I'm might be a regular visitor to your thread 😊