Gravitational conundrums

• 158 Replies
?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
Re: Gravitational conundrums
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2014, 02:16:59 PM »
Sorry but you first. I know you want to divert your answer with endless question but one at a time. I ask a simple question and not a series of question. We were debating  Aetheric Winds not gravity.

Are you saying that you cannot answer my questions?

Besides, I have already answered your question. Try to keep up, Starboy.
I can but like you said one at a time. You first.

I have answered your question, Starboy.

Please read previous posts. Aether is made of aether which was created during the big bang. If you don't accept my answer, too bad. That doesn't change the fact that I gave you an explanation already. Now, answer my questions please.
Ok. Now you say it comes from Aether. Where does Aether come from? 

?

Starman

« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2014, 02:20:09 PM »
Vauxhall... Is the big bang your new theory of Aether. How come it was talk about 150 years ago. They did even know galaxies existed.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2014, 02:21:33 PM »
Aether was formed during the Big Bang

Good job, you have just admitted that gravity exists. That's more than most FE'ers have admitted.

During the first 10^-30 seconds or so of the universe, gravity was repulsive and the universe expanded by a factor of 10^30. This is a fundamental element of the Big Bang and there is strong evidence to support it.

According to what? Your "accepted" theory of the universe? Give me a break.

Ok. Now you say it comes from Aether. Where does Aether come from? 

I know it's hard, buddy... just read a few more posts.

As you can see, I answered your original question. Now it is only fair that you answer my questions.

I will not respond to you if you keep being intellectually dishonest with me, Starboy. Also, please look up the definition of "theory". There's no way we can debate if you don't even understand what words mean, now is there?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:24:42 PM by Vauxhall »
Read the FAQS.

?

Starman

« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2014, 02:23:19 PM »

Good job, you have just admitted that gravity exists. That's more than most FE'ers have admitted.

During the first 10^-30 seconds or so of the universe, gravity was repulsive and the universe expanded by a factor of 10^30. This is a fundamental element of the Big Bang and there is strong evidence to support it.

It is not a theory because there is evidence it did happened.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2014, 02:25:11 PM »

First of all, you don't even know what aether is. I explained on the last page what it was considered to be.

From what we can tell, all you've done is replaced the term "dark energy" with another term "aether". Except that you are using to explain gravity as well as the acceleration of the universe.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2014, 02:27:58 PM »

Starman, sometimes I want to smack you around. Of course it's still a theory. It's a highly regarded theory supported by evidence but it's still a theory.

Vauxhall

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2014, 02:28:28 PM »
First of all, you don't even know what aether is. I explained on the last page what it was considered to be.

From what we can tell, all you've done is replaced the term "dark energy" with another term "aether". Except that you are using to explain gravity as well as the acceleration of the universe.

Stop trying to understand FE theories by basing your knowledge of it on RE theories. You're being stupid.
Read the FAQS.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2014, 02:30:56 PM »

Stop trying to understand FE theories by basing your knowledge of it on RE theories. You're being stupid.

Says the guy who based his theory about the spontaneous creation of aether on the RE creation of the universe. You're being a troll.

It's okay. You believe the earth is a sphere.

?

Starman

« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2014, 02:33:45 PM »

Starman, sometimes I want to smack you around. Of course it's still a theory. It's a highly regarded theory supported by evidence but it's still a theory.
Sorry but I could be wrong. I understood a theory with evidence is called Hypothesis

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »

Sorry but I could be wrong. I understood a theory with evidence is called Hypothesis

A hypothesis is just an idea. Once you've tested the idea and you've had other independently verify your tests with the same tests, then it becomes a theory. It doesn't get better than that.

I suppose it could become a fact if we invented a time machine and could verify with absolute certainty that it happened. Until then, it will never be better than a theory because there is always some amount of uncertainty.

Vauxhall

« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2014, 02:43:01 PM »

Says the guy who based his theory about the spontaneous creation of aether on the RE creation of the universe. You're being a troll.

And once again you're making an assumption. But that's fine.

If you think I'm a troll then why do you keep responding to me?  ???
Read the FAQS.

?

Starman

« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »
Ok I read up on it. It goes as.... Hypothesis.. Theory... Fact.   So where does the FE fall with no facts?

Vauxhall

« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2014, 02:46:01 PM »
Ok I read up on it. It goes as.... Hypothesis.. Theory... Fact.   So where does the FE fall with no facts?

Once again you're wrong. Nothing is "fact" in scientific endeavors. It goes: hypothesis --> theory. That's it.

No wonder all of your posts make no sense.
Read the FAQS.

?

Starman

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2014, 02:47:57 PM »

Once again you're wrong. Nothing is "fact" in scientific endeavors. It goes: hypothesis --> theory. That's it.

A bullet to your head and you die is fact. Does that make sense?

Vauxhall

« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2014, 02:49:29 PM »

Is that a backhanded threat?

Either way, how do you know that I would die? What says I don't move on to the next phase of existence? Are you capable of abstract thought?
Read the FAQS.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2014, 02:50:19 PM »

And once again you're making an assumption. But that's fine.

If you think I'm a troll then why do you keep responding to me?  ???

I admit, I can't help it.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2014, 02:51:13 PM »

Still a theory.

Here is a fact. I am a male.

Do you see the difference between that statement and yours.

Vauxhall

« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2014, 02:52:32 PM »
I admit, I can't help it.

I think you've got it wrong though. Starboy is the biggest troll on this forum.
Read the FAQS.

?

Starman

« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2014, 02:53:29 PM »

Is that a backhanded threat?

Either way, how do you know that I would die? What says I don't move on to the next phase of existence? Are you capable of abstract thought?
This is off topic but your dead body will not be abstract it will be fact. You said fact does not exist. It is fair to say that the FE factually does not exist.

Vauxhall

« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2014, 02:54:58 PM »
This is off topic but your dead body will not be abstract it will be fact. You said fact does not exist. It is fair to say that the FE factually does not exist.

The fact that you shot me in the head is the fact. Me dying is not.

Also, I've reported you for threatening my life.
Read the FAQS.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2014, 03:31:29 PM »

Starman, I can completely understand that anyone would take this as a threat.  Please, let's keep it civil in the upper fora.

Goddamnit, Clown

• How else would light work?
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »
Well, you can always take the teenage philosopher's view of ignoring anything you don't like and justifying it by saying that nobody really "knows" anything. Man. But in productive scientific or grownup conversation, agreed upon observations could be thought of as facts.

Observable phenomena are facts, starting points or perhaps premises is a good word. But they're 'things which happened' that you can have competing explanations for. Successful theories can also be referred to as facts: it's always been an observable phenomena that things fall down, but with so many experiments explained just by "massive things attract other massive things", it would be perfectly cromulent to describe that attraction itself as a fact and on the whole keep discussions aimed at the (still very mysterious) mechanism of action for that attraction.
Big Pendulum have their tentacles everywhere.

Vauxhall

« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2014, 04:57:39 PM »
Well, you can always take the teenage philosopher's view of ignoring anything you don't like and justifying it by saying that nobody really "knows" anything. Man. But in productive scientific or grownup conversation, agreed upon observations could be thought of as facts.

Please try to stay on topic. Ok?
Read the FAQS.

?

Starman

« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2014, 05:12:59 PM »

The fact that you shot me in the head is the fact. Me dying is not.

Also, I've reported you for threatening my life.
Don't be silly. It just a example. Don't you know the difference?

?

Starman

« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »

Starman, I can completely understand that anyone would take this as a threat.  Please, let's keep it civil in the upper fora.
He seem not to understand the term fact. It was an example I used at the moment. It was not meant literally. Is it not you that said this site is not to be taken seriously.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:19:08 PM by Starman »

Vauxhall

« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2014, 05:16:45 PM »
It was meant literally.

So you do admit to threatening my life?
Read the FAQS.

V

• icosatetrachoron
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2014, 05:16:52 PM »
Why has this thread been derailed into a discussion of being shot in the head? I thought it was about aether and gravity.
i don't need a signature. go away.

?

Starman

« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2014, 05:20:09 PM »
It was meant literally.

So you do admit to threatening my life?
No i forgot the word not. This is off topic. move on.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2014, 07:53:28 PM »
But, the guy who created Special Relativity and General Relativity believed in the Aether.  Yet, now you are telling us that Relativity cancels out Aether?  Maybe you are smarter than Einstein?
Einstein also believed in a steady state universe, even when his own equations said otherwise.  Are you saying that Einstein was incapable of changing his mind?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Goth

« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2014, 04:57:44 AM »
Conclusion

We have not yet addressed the basic question of why evolutionary biology and cosmology are exempt from the basic rules of science. In no other branch of science would a theory's failure be covered up by a flood of unsupported corrections. It would simply not be tolerated. The ability of a scientific theory to be falsified is a basic principle of science that separates science from metaphysics. If a theory continues to be supported and defended in light of direct, clear observational data that refute it, then we cannot predict anything in science, it becomes worthless. The reason, I believe, is simple. Both darwinian evolution and big bang cosmology have become religious beliefs. They are defended, not on observational and experimental evidence, but on faith alone. We believe the theories to be true, therefore, everything must be explained in that context. That the theory is correct is a given, an axiom on which everything else is built.  ;)