Nuclear Power Exaggerated

• 4288 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Nuclear Power Exaggerated
« Reply #2820 on: June 27, 2017, 11:24:39 AM »
Why such an enormous, sudden explosion would produce a little mushroom cloud mainly of debris, condensed water vapor, steam and some smoke is beyond my understanding.
And you have the nerve to call others stupid?  ::)
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #2821 on: June 27, 2017, 11:27:56 AM »
Why such an enormous, sudden explosion would produce a little mushroom cloud mainly of debris, condensed water vapor, steam and some smoke is beyond my understanding.
Yes, a spade is a spade. And you are plain stupid.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #2822 on: June 27, 2017, 11:28:14 AM »
Mushroom clouds consist mainly of debris, condensed water vapor, steam, and some smoke. What is Heiwa's issue with that?
Well, we are told today that the 2nd a-bomb in history went off at 600 m altitude over Hiroshima, Japan, 6 August 1945 and in a nano-second the equivalent of 20 000 000 kg of TNT exploded in a big FLASH in all directions. In reality it was only 60 kg metal Uranium that fissioned according to the military. It meant it becomes pure, clean energy or heat as radiation.

IMHO it sounds like magic.

You sound like a stupid shill just copy/pasting old propaganda rubbish.
I think this may be your most honest post.  It is beyond your understanding.  The problem is you don't realize how stupid you are so you think if you can't understand it it must be false.
Yes, plenty twirps tell me I am stupid but my web site http://heiwaco.com is still very popular with 100's of new visitors every day. They cannot be stupid.

Very likely few, or any of them are as stupid as you are. For example, most of them would know that owning a website which receives a hundred clicks a day, is not an indication that the website owner isn't stupid.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

« Reply #2823 on: June 27, 2017, 11:30:18 AM »
Mushroom clouds consist mainly of debris, condensed water vapor, steam, and some smoke. What is Heiwa's issue with that?
Well, we are told today that the 2nd a-bomb in history went off at 600 m altitude over Hiroshima, Japan, 6 August 1945 and in a nano-second the equivalent of 20 000 000 kg of TNT exploded in a big FLASH in all directions. In reality it was only 60 kg metal Uranium that fissioned according to the military. It meant it becomes pure, clean energy or heat as radiation.

I think this may be your most honest post.  It is beyond your understanding.  The problem is you don't realize how stupid you are so you think if you can't understand it it must be false.
Yes, plenty twirps tell me I am stupid but my web site http://heiwaco.com is still very popular with 100's of new visitors every day. They cannot be stupid.
And still no evidence.  More failure.  People come you your website to laugh at your stupidity.
But you shouldn't backpedal.  You made an honest post for once.  You admitted you don't understand.  That's all there is to it. 
You don't understand and because of that you have to make up all this bullshit to soothe your fragile ego. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2824 on: June 27, 2017, 11:38:05 AM »
At least I can understand how mushroom clouds are formed.  What does that say about you?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #2825 on: June 27, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »

1) Stop posting "flash" in big bold all caps.
2) Heated up gasses and vapor in the atmosphere.
3) You sound like a senile curmudgeon.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Heiwa

« Reply #2826 on: June 27, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »
At least I can understand how mushroom clouds are formed.  What does that say about you?

Releasing pure energy equivalent of 20 000 000 kg of TNT in an explosion lasting a nano-second producing a FLASH in the skyd does not produce a mushroom cloud. Only idiots believe so.

« Reply #2827 on: June 27, 2017, 02:25:49 PM »
Releasing pure energy equivalent of 20 000 000 kg of TNT in an explosion lasting a nano-second producing a FLASH in the skyd does not produce a mushroom cloud. Only idiots believe so.
This one I can’t let go.  You have no clue what you're talking about and then you get personal calling me and others idiots merely because we disagree with you.     

I spent 10 years in the Navy. 
--I’m a graduate of Naval Nuclear Power School
--Graduate of Naval Nuclear Power Training Unit
--Graduate of Engineering Laboratory Technician (ELT) School. 

I served on the USS Andrew Jackson, SSBN 619 Gold Crew for four and half years as a nuclear propulsion plant operator.  As and ELT I was cognizant radiation & contamination monitoring and exposure control.   

That was followed by three and half years at the Naval Submarine Support Facility Groton, CT where I was a qualified Nuclear Repair Coordinator, Radiological Controls Monitor, and Radiological Shift Supervisor. 

After I got out of the Navy is worked in commercial nuc power as an ANSI 3.1 qualified Senior Radiation Health Physics Technician.  I was qualified to operate HP multi-channel analyzers for do isotopic determinations. 

I graduated from UCONN with a BS in Mechanical Engineering and I currently work for a defense contractor where we design and build submarines for the Navy.  My area is reactor plant systems. 

It is clear from your ignorant comments that you have no earthly idea what you’re talking about.  With over 35 years of training and experience I’ve forgotten more about nuclear power then you have known in your entire life.  You have no clue how the physics works.  You make unfounded conclusions based of what you read on the internet.  You claim conspiracies on a scope that isn’t even logical to believe could exist.  You can’t even make a cogent argument for the basis of your conclusions.  Your innuendo and half-baked conclusions are some of the worst examples of junk science.  You sir are a tin foil hat wearing, arrogant wind bag with zero credibility.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:30:38 PM by MicroBeta »
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

Heiwa

« Reply #2828 on: June 27, 2017, 03:17:07 PM »
This one I can’t let go.  You have no clue what you're talking about and then you get personal calling me and others idiots merely because we disagree with you.     

I served on the USS Andrew Jackson, SSBN 619 Gold Crew for four and half years as a nuclear propulsion plant operator.  As and ELT I was cognizant radiation & contamination monitoring and exposure control.   

That was followed by three and half years at the Naval Submarine Support Facility Groton, CT where I was a qualified Nuclear Repair Coordinator, Radiological Controls Monitor, and Radiological Shift Supervisor. 

After I got out of the Navy is worked in commercial nuc power as an ANSI 3.1 qualified Senior Radiation Health Physics Technician.  I was qualified to operate HP multi-channel analyzers for do isotopic determinations. 

I graduated from UCONN with a BS in Mechanical Engineering and I currently work for a defense contractor where we design and build submarines for the Navy.  My area is reactor plant systems. 

It is clear from your ignorant comments that you have no earthly idea what you’re talking about.  With over 35 years of training and experience I’ve forgotten more about nuclear power then you have known in your entire life.  You have no clue how the physics works.  You make unfounded conclusions based of what you read on the internet.  You claim conspiracies on a scope that isn’t even logical to believe could exist.  You can’t even make a cogent argument for the basis of your conclusions.  Your innuendo and half-baked conclusions are some of the worst examples of junk science.  You sir are a tin foil hat wearing, arrogant wind bag with zero credibility.
Thanks for presentation. I spent less time in the Navy than you and most of my life in building and operating merchant ships for various principals say total 45 years. You find my CV at my web site. It seems you have spent (too?) much time with nuclear powered US war ships, i.e. ships with a little nuclear powered steam generator driving turbines drivings generators and propellers. The Russians have done it too with their ice breakers, etc. I know Russian marine engineers having served on the ice breaker Lenin (now a museum) operating its nuclear powered steam generator. It was not difficult. I like steam ships. Quiet. No noise. No vibrations. All our cruise vessels were steam driven in 1970/90's.
Anyway, it has nothing to do with nuclear weapons that wipe out innocent civilians in a FLASH.
You really have to study http://heiwaco.com/bomb.htm where I describe my findings. Conspiracy? Roosevelt and Stalin agreeing to scare the shit out of the Japanese 1945. Why not? But do not tell me it works 2017.
Why do you have to be so arrogant and obnoxious in your post? Does it make you happy? I have never been into this conspiracy business. I just do honest, good work and have been rather well paid. So I am a happy, nice guy. That's why I put my photo at the tops of all my web pages and forum posts. Plenty idiots hate me for it. 

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #2829 on: June 27, 2017, 03:24:06 PM »
Why do you have to be so arrogant and obnoxious in your post? Does it make you happy?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pure gold! We haven't seen the last of that quote! I'm gonna see to that!

« Reply #2830 on: June 27, 2017, 04:22:24 PM »

Read the signature at the bottom his posts.  This is what his government officials said about his findings.

« Reply #2831 on: June 27, 2017, 06:06:12 PM »

Thanks for presentation. I spent less time in the Navy than you and most of my life in building and operating merchant ships for various principals say total 45 years. You find my CV at my web site. It seems you have spent (too?) much time with nuclear powered US war ships, i.e. ships with a little nuclear powered steam generator driving turbines drivings generators and propellers. The Russians have done it too with their ice breakers, etc. I know Russian marine engineers having served on the ice breaker Lenin (now a museum) operating its nuclear powered steam generator. It was not difficult. I like steam ships. Quiet. No noise. No vibrations. All our cruise vessels were steam driven in 1970/90's.
Anyway, it has nothing to do with nuclear weapons that wipe out innocent civilians in a FLASH.
You really have to study http://heiwaco.com/bomb.htm where I describe my findings. Conspiracy? Roosevelt and Stalin agreeing to scare the shit out of the Japanese 1945. Why not? But do not tell me it works 2017.
Why do you have to be so arrogant and obnoxious in your post? Does it make you happy? I have never been into this conspiracy business. I just do honest, good work and have been rather well paid. So I am a happy, nice guy. That's why I put my photo at the tops of all my web pages and forum posts. Plenty idiots hate me for it.
I guess you didn’t read the first two lines of my post.  Because I got tired of you calling those of us who believe stupid and idiots.  Maybe you should stop calling people idiots just because they don’t believe what you believe. 

BTW, those “little nuclear powered” submarines could power a town of about 10,000 homes. 

And, I don’t have to read squat.  I read through your website and there isn’t any useful information.  Nothing but your propaganda pushing your unfounded claims with exactly zero technical basis. 

Not to mention your explanation of ionizing radiation is not only 100% wrong it’s actually dangerous.  Do you know you can buy radioactive test sources on the internet?  Someone reading your page might actually believe radiation can’t hurt them and get very sick...or worse if it’s left around for a small child because someone saw your site and thought it wasn’t a problem.  It’s incredibly irresponsible.  You have no business posting something like that when you have no idea what you’re talking about.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 06:09:30 PM by MicroBeta »
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #2832 on: June 27, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »

I guess you didn’t read the first two lines of my post.  Because I got tired of you calling those of us who believe stupid and idiots.  Maybe you should stop calling people idiots just because they don’t believe what you believe. 

BTW, those “little nuclear powered” submarines could power a town of about 10,000 homes. 

And, I don’t have to read squat.  I read through your website and there isn’t any useful information.  Nothing but your propaganda pushing your unfounded claims with exactly zero technical basis. 

Not to mention your explanation of ionizing radiation is not only 100% wrong it’s actually dangerous.  Do you know you can buy radioactive test sources on the internet?  Someone reading your page might actually believe radiation can’t hurt them and get very sick...or worse if it’s left around for a small child because someone saw your site and thought it wasn’t a problem.  It’s incredibly irresponsible.  You have no business posting something like that when you have no idea what you’re talking about.
Pace yourself. I want you to stick around in this thread. We can't have you flaming out after one round with Heiwa. Please be advised that he will ignore your points and probably claim you have cognitive dissonance or something. Don't worry, he just thinks that it sounds smart to accuse people of that.

Heiwa

« Reply #2833 on: June 27, 2017, 09:51:29 PM »

What is wrong with my explanation of ionizing radiation? Is radiation >1 µSv/hour dangerous.
It seems you are not aware of the fact that >100 000 Japanese persons were forced to move away from Fukushima 2011 because of radiation. Other people were told that radiated people were sick and had to be avoided, bla, bla, bla. And now they are all told to go back to Fukushima again because it is OK and that they should forget the whole matter.

It is like Hiroshima and Nagasaki 1945, where people were told the places would be uninhabitable for 500 years due to ionizing radiation and that if you were not already dead due it, you would soon die having been exposed to the FLASHes. And it seems there were no radiation at all. No a-bombs! Just propaganda. The towns were destroyed like Dresden in Saxony February 1945 by conventional fire bombs killing mostly civilians.
Like the Stalin a-bombs built with uranium produced by Wismut AG of Saxony to help the world proletariate conquer the world. Poor people were forced to work like slaves, while their communist bosses lived in opulence.

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #2834 on: June 27, 2017, 11:48:30 PM »
Claims that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed by conventional weapons are a lie.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

« Reply #2835 on: June 28, 2017, 02:29:54 AM »

What is wrong with my explanation of ionizing radiation? Is radiation >1 µSv/hour dangerous.
It seems you are not aware of the fact that >100 000 Japanese persons were forced to move away from Fukushima 2011 because of radiation. Other people were told that radiated people were sick and had to be avoided, bla, bla, bla. And now they are all told to go back to Fukushima again because it is OK and that they should forget the whole matter.

It is like Hiroshima and Nagasaki 1945, where people were told the places would be uninhabitable for 500 years due to ionizing radiation and that if you were not already dead due it, you would soon die having been exposed to the FLASHes. And it seems there were no radiation at all. No a-bombs! Just propaganda. The towns were destroyed like Dresden in Saxony February 1945 by conventional fire bombs killing mostly civilians.
Like the Stalin a-bombs built with uranium produced by Wismut AG of Saxony to help the world proletariate conquer the world. Poor people were forced to work like slaves, while their communist bosses lived in opulence.
Your explanation of every type of radiation is incorrect.  Forget nukes for a second, the effects of ionizing radiation are well known, well understood, and very well documented.  All types of ionizing radiation are harmful.

Alpha (α+) - two protons, two neutrons.  Very heavy compared to neutron, beta, and gamma.  Will only travel a few centimeters in air and cannot outer layer of skin.  However, it’s positively charge and very massive...in an atomic structure kinda way.  Very damaging when taken internally and to the eyes.  It has a very dense ionization track.  Meaning it causes a lot of damage in its short path through tissue.  It causes many secondary ionizations.  Through direct collision and electrical interactions (it has a +2 charge) it strips electrons, neutrons, protons, and produces photons (gamma) all of which themselves cause ionization.  It does a lot of damage is a very short path through tissue.

Beta (ß-) - Basically an electron.  It’ll travel a couple of meters through air and can penetrate thin clothing.  Like an α+ it is an issue to the eyes or if taken internally.  While it has a less dense ionization track than α+ it travels farther through tissue.

Neutron (η) - It's...well...a neutron.  Travels very far and is both an internal and external hazard.  Causes secondary ionizations by direct collision...and a lot of them causing secondary ionization over a very long path; which is why it’s so damaging.

Gamma (γ) - Very high energy photon.  Travels very, very far with a very dense ionization track and is also an internal and external hazard.

Food is sometimes irradiated to make it safer and last longer.  Why?  Because it kills off all the micro-organisms. 

Your comment on your webpage, “Thus it seems most radiation is harmless and that the only risk is from radioactive fuel rests (ash) that is spread in the environment due to accidents, e.g. at nuclear power plants.” is so wrong on so many levels.  All forms of ionizing radiation are harmful and dangerous.

THAT is what’s wrong with your explanation of radiation.

Mike
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:32:20 AM by MicroBeta »

Heiwa

« Reply #2836 on: June 28, 2017, 05:08:27 AM »
Claims that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed by conventional weapons are a lie.
Well, I claim Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed by napalm carpet bombings June 1945 as atomic bombs are just propaganda. I even pay €1M to anyone showing I am wrong - http://heiwaco.com/chall.htm . Have a try!

Heiwa

« Reply #2837 on: June 28, 2017, 05:18:23 AM »

Your explanation of every type of radiation is incorrect.  Forget nukes for a second, the effects of ionizing radiation are well known, well understood, and very well documented.  All types of ionizing radiation are harmful.

Alpha (α+) - two protons, two neutrons.  Very heavy compared to neutron, beta, and gamma.  Will only travel a few centimeters in air and cannot outer layer of skin.  However, it’s positively charge and very massive...in an atomic structure kinda way.  Very damaging when taken internally and to the eyes.  It has a very dense ionization track.  Meaning it causes a lot of damage in its short path through tissue.  It causes many secondary ionizations.  Through direct collision and electrical interactions (it has a +2 charge) it strips electrons, neutrons, protons, and produces photons (gamma) all of which themselves cause ionization.  It does a lot of damage is a very short path through tissue.

Beta (ß-) - Basically an electron.  It’ll travel a couple of meters through air and can penetrate thin clothing.  Like an α+ it is an issue to the eyes or if taken internally.  While it has a less dense ionization track than α+ it travels farther through tissue.

Neutron (η) - It's...well...a neutron.  Travels very far and is both an internal and external hazard.  Causes secondary ionizations by direct collision...and a lot of them causing secondary ionization over a very long path; which is why it’s so damaging.

Gamma (γ) - Very high energy photon.  Travels very, very far with a very dense ionization track and is also an internal and external hazard.

Food is sometimes irradiated to make it safer and last longer.  Why?  Because it kills off all the micro-organisms. 

Your comment on your webpage, “Thus it seems most radiation is harmless and that the only risk is from radioactive fuel rests (ash) that is spread in the environment due to accidents, e.g. at nuclear power plants.” is so wrong on so many levels.  All forms of ionizing radiation are harmful and dangerous.

Mike

Hm, I do no deny that radiation exists but why should it be damaging. There is radiation everywhere and, when it is <1 µSv/hour, it is harmless. And this is the radiation at Fukushima today. Don't you agree? 

?

frenat

« Reply #2838 on: June 28, 2017, 05:21:45 AM »
I am a nice guy.

Then follows it with insults in every post.  Comedy gold.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #2839 on: June 28, 2017, 05:25:04 AM »
Well, I claim Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed by napalm carpet bombings June 1945 as atomic bombs are just propaganda. I even pay €1M to anyone showing I am wrong -. Have a try!

I pay €1M to anyone showing you are right! Have a try!

I bet you can't do it!

« Reply #2840 on: June 28, 2017, 05:54:08 AM »

Mike

Hm, I do no deny that radiation exists but why should it be damaging. There is radiation everywhere and, when it is <1 µSv/hour, it is harmless. And this is the radiation at Fukushima today. Don't you agree?
Yes, <1 µSv/hr would be relatively harmless but that’s all I agree with.  Your explanation of radiation and it’s health effects on your website are still wrong.

The latest surveys at Fukushima show levels in the plants of over 500 Sv which would kill you in minutes.  The annual dose in the evacuation zone is ≈20 mSv/yr which is much higher than the average background levels of 2-3 mSv/yr.   20 mSv/yr is about ≈2.3 µSv/hr.  The population in the evacuation zone would be exposed to 2.3 µSv/hr.

I only worked in commercial nuke power for two years but one of the plants I worked at was the Forked River Nuclear Generating Station in NJ.  It happens to be the same plant design as Fukushima so I have a basic knowledge of the layout and conditions.  The numbers that have been reported recently are on par with what I would expect so I have to wonder where you’re getting your <1 µSv/hr value.  A google search will give you dozens of sites reporting the latest levels.

Mike
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 06:15:26 AM by MicroBeta »

Heiwa

« Reply #2841 on: June 28, 2017, 06:42:25 AM »

Mike

Yes, <1 µSv/hr would be relatively harmless but that’s all I agree with.  Your explanation of radiation and it’s health effects on your website are still wrong.

The latest surveys at Fukushima show levels in the plants of over 500 Sv which would kill you in minutes.  The annual dose in the evacuation zone is ≈20 mSv/yr which is much higher than the average background levels of 2-3 mSv/yr.   20 mSv/yr is about ≈2.3 µSv/hr.  The population in the evacuation zone would be exposed to 2.3 µSv/hr.

I only worked in commercial nuke power for two years but one of the plants I worked at was the Forked River Nuclear Generating Station in NJ.  It happens to be the same plant design as Fukushima so I have a basic knowledge of the layout and conditions.  The numbers that have been reported recently are on par with what I would expect so I have to wonder where you’re getting your <1 µSv/hr value.  A google search will give you dozens of sites reporting the latest levels.

Mike

I agree that 500 Sv will kill you, but that is the radiation of fission inside an active nuclear power plant. Media reports it as news! It is like saying the temperature and pressure is high between the cylinder and piston inside of a diesel engine or that temperature is high inside a boiler.

I get my radiation values at Fukushima from Tepco, the company that owns the plant. I link to them at my web page http://heiwaco.com/bomb.htm . Today they are about 1 µSv/hr, which is completely harmless. I doubt they were much higher earlier. It seems media mixed up mikro with milli and hours with years in the past to scare the shit out of the Japanese.

What about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Do you really believe US nuclear weapons exploded there August 1945 releasing radiation in big FLASHes immediately killing 100 000 yellow monkies and another 100 000 yellow monkies later due to delayed radiation action?

« Reply #2842 on: June 28, 2017, 07:11:03 AM »

Mike

Mike

I agree that 500 Sv will kill you, but that is the radiation of fission inside an active nuclear power plant. Media reports it as news! It is like saying the temperature and pressure is high between the cylinder and piston inside of a diesel engine or that temperature is high inside a boiler.

I get my radiation values at Fukushima from Tepco, the company that owns the plant. I link to them at my web page http://heiwaco.com/bomb.htm . Today they are about 1 µSv/hr, which is completely harmless. I doubt they were much higher earlier. It seems media mixed up mikro with milli and hours with years in the past to scare the shit out of the Japanese.

What about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Do you really believe US nuclear weapons exploded there August 1945 releasing radiation in big FLASHes immediately killing 100 000 yellow monkies and another 100 000 yellow monkies later due to delayed radiation action?
Nobody mixed up their micros and millis.  Since you don’t seem to want to do the research below is the link to the latest TEPCO dated May of 2017.  My numbers come from the links below.  To repeat what I posted the latest surveys at Fukushima show annual dose in the evacuation zone is ≈20 mSv which equates to a per hour rate of 2.3 µSv/hr (page 17 of TEPCO’s report linked below).   Below is another link reporting the latest levels reported by TEPCO taken by newly designed robots reporting levels as high as 530 Sv/hr.  Feel free to dispute my links but the info comes from reports issued by TEPCO and the Japanese gov’t.

https://www.iaea.org/sites/default/files/events_and_highlights_may_2017.pdf
http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2017/02/22/after-alarmingly-high-radiation-levels-detected-what-are-the-facts-in-fukushima/

Interesting how you are avoiding the original discussion about how wrong your explanation of radiation is.

Mike

Heiwa

« Reply #2843 on: June 28, 2017, 08:23:42 AM »

Mike

Mike

Nobody mixed up their micros and millis.  Since you don’t seem to want to do the research below is the link to the latest TEPCO dated May of 2017.  My numbers come from the links below.  To repeat what I posted the latest surveys at Fukushima show annual dose in the evacuation zone is ≈20 mSv which equates to a per hour rate of 2.3 µSv/hr (page 17 of TEPCO’s report linked below).   Below is another link reporting the latest levels reported by TEPCO taken by newly designed robots reporting levels as high as 530 Sv/hr.  Feel free to dispute my links but the info comes from reports issued by TEPCO and the Japanese gov’t.

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2017/02/22/after-alarmingly-high-radiation-levels-detected-what-are-the-facts-in-fukushima/

Interesting how you are avoiding the original discussion about how wrong your explanation of radiation is.

Mike
Hm, the local radiation inside a nuclear power plant where fission takes place is normally 530 Sv/hr, but it is nothing to worry about as nobody lives there. I wonder why media makes so much noise about that. The figure outside is much, much less. When the inside radiation is transformed into heat, it has disappeared completely. You sound like an idiot saying that every street is dangerous, because cars are moving there and a person running into it will be killed.

My figures are Tepco's figures and today around the power plant the radiation is about 1 mikroSv/hr, which is completely harmless and easy to measure. I link to them at my web page. Estimates of annual doses are easy to manipulate, so I keep to hourly rates easy to check.

100 000 Japanese are today ordered to return to their homes at Fukushima but plenty of them suffer from stress syndromes of all kind. They have been told that they have been radiated, they can contaminate other people and all will die due to radiation! Terrible stuff.

What about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Do you really believe US nuclear weapons exploded there August 1945 releasing radiation in big FLASHes at the speed of light immediately killing 100 000 yellow monkies and another 100 000 yellow monkies later due to delayed radiation effects? And that the places would be uninhabitable in 500 years.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:44:27 AM by Heiwa »

« Reply #2844 on: June 28, 2017, 09:26:25 AM »

Mike

Mike
Hm, the local radiation inside a nuclear power plant where fission takes place is normally 530 Sv/hr but it is nothing to worry about as nobody lives there. I wonder why media makes so much noise about that. The figure outside is much, much less.
My figures are Tepco's figures and today around the power plant the radiation is about 1 mikroSv/hr, which is completely harmless and easy to measure. I link to them at my web page. Estimates of annual doses are easy to manipulate, so I keep to hourly rates easy to check.

100 000 Japanese are today ordered to return to their homes at Fukushima but plenty of them suffer from stress syndromes of all kind. They have been told that they have been radiated, they can contaminate other people and all will die due to radiation! Terrible stuff.

What about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Do you really believe US nuclear weapons exploded there August 1945 releasing radiation in big FLASHes at the speed of light immediately killing 100 000 yellow monkies and another 100 000 yellow monkies later due to delayed radiation effects? And that the places would be uninhabitable in 500 years.
I don’t just believe we dropped an atomic bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I know it to be true.  Just as I know nuclear weapons are real and work as advertised.

The reason the 530 Sv/hr readings are significant is because TEPCO wasn’t expecting anything that high.  They designed the robots for 100 Sv/hr and they have had equipment destroyed because it’s so high.  BTW, during reactor operation the levels in the reactor vessel would be orders of magnitude higher than that.  Just sayin’.

I hope that’s not your description of the Japanese in the last paragraph of your post because that would be just plain wrong.

Again 1 µSv/hr is low and relatively harmless but NOT completely harmless.  You’re trying to misrepresent the effects of radiation...something you brought up, I responded to, any you are now ignoring.  Trying to hide from subject are we?

BTW, the only part of a nuclear explosion that travels at the speed of light is...wait for it...the LIGHT (including gamma, infrared, and everything else in the electromagnetic spectrum)! :D

The rest of the ensuing fire ball and mushroom cloud expand at high but easily measure velocities.  Your characterization of the explosion expanding at the speed of light is just plain wrong and completely misleading to suit your agenda.

Mike

onebigmonkey

« Reply #2845 on: June 28, 2017, 09:30:00 AM »
The claim that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were carpet bombed with napalm is a lie.

Doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, it's still a lie.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

onebigmonkey

« Reply #2846 on: June 28, 2017, 09:31:42 AM »
Yellow monkeys?

Seriously?

What kind of racist shit is this?

?

frenat

« Reply #2847 on: June 28, 2017, 10:24:22 AM »
Yellow monkeys?

Seriously?

What kind of racist shit is this?
That is typical Heiwa who by his own word is a "nice guy".
 ::)

Heiwa

« Reply #2848 on: June 28, 2017, 10:57:18 AM »
I don’t just believe we dropped an atomic bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I know it to be true.  Just as I know nuclear weapons are real and work as advertised.
Mike

You sound like Jesus.

You were there when US vaporized Hiroshima and Nagasaki in FLASHES?  And you know how the bombs worked at the speed of light.

How do you trigger them so they go off and produce FLASHES?

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #2849 on: June 28, 2017, 11:28:34 AM »
Mike

You sound like Jesus.

You were there when US vaporized Hiroshima and Nagasaki in FLASHES?  And you know how the bombs worked at the speed of light.

How do you trigger them so they go off and produce FLASHES?

You sound like Jesus10!