I guess we're debating how water sticks to a globe again

• 898 Replies

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
I guess we're debating how water sticks to a globe again
« on: May 24, 2020, 07:46:52 AM »
Explain the attractive mechanism: how do four trillion billion liters of water adhere to the outer surface of a sphere?

Unless you can do so, your globe reality is really just a poorly written SF story.

JJA

• Math is math!
Re: Re: rainbows
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 07:55:31 AM »
Explain the attractive mechanism: how do four trillion billion liters of water adhere to the outer surface of a sphere?

Unless you can do so, your globe reality is really just a poorly written SF story.

The oceans weigh 1,315,417,873,000,000,000,000 kilograms.

The Earth is much more massive at 5,974,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms.

So it can easily hold the water on it, as the oceans only weigh 0.000218 the mass of the Earth.

The attractive mechanism is gravity. It's been measured and demonstrated by experiments thousands of times. Matter attracts itself, you can perform this experiment at home if you want to spend some time on it.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 07:56:32 AM »

Gravitational field.

Easy.

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 08:08:06 AM »

So it can easily hold the water on it, as the oceans only weigh 0.000218 the mass of the Earth.

The attractive mechanism is gravity.

Brilliant.

Now, explain the attractive mechanism, so that your SF story can become reality.

Gravitational field.

Then, you are ready for the next step.

Please explain how gravitational waves with no quanta (particles) can attract each other or even interact with one another.

How does a gravitational wave emitted by a water molecule from the English Channel interact with a gravitational wave released by the iron/nickel core?

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 08:14:37 AM »

LOL: Once again you come here the Reality of the earth being a globe, is beyond your comprehension, until you come out of the cave that you have locked yourself in to; for you to see the raindrop acts like a prism, splitting light into its colors.
As for the globe; one word does it, and that is gravity.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 08:28:24 AM »
Sure.

Now, explain the attractive mechanism.

Unless you can do so, all you have is a SF story to offer to your readers.

You have to explain the outrageous claim that trillions of tons of water adhere to the outer surface of a sphere.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 08:29:33 AM »

The attractive mechanism is gravity.

Brilliant.

Now, explain the attractive mechanism, so that your SF story can become reality.

Gravitational field.

Please explain how gravitational waves with no quanta (particles) can attract each other or even interact with one another.

How does a gravitational wave emitted by a water molecule from the English Channel interact with a gravitational wave released by the iron/nickel core?

Gravitational waves are different from gravitational field. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Re: I guess we're debating how water sticks to a globe again
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 08:37:32 AM »
Not my thread.

I never opened this thread at all.

No.

Gravitational waves make up your gravitational field, since you have excluded from the very start quanta/particles.

A changing gravitational field produces gravitational waves.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 08:51:00 AM »
Youre being tricked and led into a debate where you cant win.
Gravity and gravitons and waves and other junk are still trying to be understood.
Sandos question was the mechanism.
Unless physcists have figured the quantumness of gravity you will not be able to answer his question.

The indirect answer is - Sando, your question is stupid because the affects of gravity are easily measurable and predictable that we know it is there.   People didnt need to know the composition of air and an indepth knowledge of fluid dynamics to know that sails and kites work.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 08:54:14 AM »
Unless physcists have figured the quantumness of gravity you will not be able to answer his question.

What?!

You are admitting that modern physics cannot explain attractive gravity?

Then, you cannot explain the outrageous claim that trillions of tons of water adhere to the outer surface of a sphere.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 09:39:05 AM »

What?!

Then, you cannot explain the outrageous claim that trillions of tons of water adhere to the outer surface of a sphere.
It is the sphere that makes the volume of water have the wight of trillions tons; no sphere (globe) no trillion tons.
Nature has no obligation to explain itself; that is what science is all about; trying to understand it. There are parts that we still don't understand, that does not change the fact, that it is what it is.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 09:42:34 AM »

What?!

sandokhan - Flat Earth Sultan - Flat Earth Scientist you really pleased me! You also cannot explain why these trillions of tons of water have not yet fallen from the edge of flat earth!
I think you will never explain this!
At the same time, the answer to your question why water is held on the surface of the ball is obvious. The principle is the same as that of a gyroscope that responds to entropy! Check for yourself, take the gyroscope and bring a cup of hot tea to it. And you will see how in a couple of minutes, as the tea cools, the gyroscope itself will begin to turn! Lol - I do not lie and do not invent, this is a documented fact. And this physical principle just explains why the water is held on a ball! But you are a sandokhan - a connoisseur of flat land is unlikely to answer such a very simple question about a gyroscope.
But if you are a sandokhan - still answer it correctly - I will become your fan.
This is a very interesting topic with a gyroscope that responds to entropy. The answer is so banal and simple - how to add two plus two. Although, you remember me sandokhan that you could not even explain the gyrocompass on flat ground, although I gave you a mathematical hint for this.
So sandokhan - how can you explain why a gyroscope reacts to entropy, or how? This is a battle!

The earth believes, because magic exists!

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 10:28:57 AM »
The relationship between a gyroscope and entropy was initiated by Dr. Nikolai Kozyrev.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1922302#msg1922302

It turns out that the time pattern of our world is positive in a laevorotary system of coordinates. From this, we are afforded the possibility of an objective determination of left and right; the left-hand system of coordinates is said to be that system in which the time progress is positive, while the right-hand system is one in which it is negative. Hence, time possesses not only energy but also a rotation moment which it can transmit to a system. There also exists a variable property which can be called the density or intensity of time. In a case of low density it is difficult for time to influence the material systems, and there is required an intensive emphasis of the causal-resultant relationship in order that force caused by the time pattern would appear.”

Dr. N.A. Kozyrev

Time is a torsion potential or a scalar wave.

Time is the dextrorotatory scalar wave (subquark string), or terrestrial gravity.

Anti-time is the laevorotatory scalar wave, or antigravity.

Space-time fabric is the aether (the medium) through which scalar waves propagate (ether), these scalar waves are called time and anti-time (terrestrial gravity and antigravity).

The flow of time and anti-time can cause matter to either increase or decrease in weight.

The external rays which disintegrate matter are telluric currents of dextrorotatory spin.

Tesla stated that if any radioactive element were to be shielded from these rays, the material would cease to be radioactive.

Radioactive materials are the dense targets of external energetic streams.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 11:23:51 AM »
Not my thread.

This thread's genesis story is when you ran the other thread entirely off course with this line of discussion. So yes, you own it ;) :-*

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 11:39:11 AM »
"When I hear the word culture, I slip back the safety catch of my revolver"

The same goes for "globe reality".

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 11:51:29 AM »

Gravity.

Gravity.

You need to understand what gravity and gravitational waves are before you can use them in a sentence that makes any kind of sense at all.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2020, 12:10:54 PM »

Without it, you got nothing at all.

How do you know it is attractive if you have no possible mechanism to show for it?

Terrestrial gravity might be  force of pressure.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 12:19:36 PM by sandokhan »

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 12:31:08 PM »

How do you know it is attractive if you have no possible mechanism to show for it?

What you don't seem to understand is there will never be an end to what we don't know. No matter how far we peer into the darkness there will always be something else out there.

We can crack quarks into sub-quarks and those into sub-sub-quarks, examine their sub-sub-sub-quarks and even then can't be sure there aren't any sub-sub-sub-sub-quarks hiding inside.

Children play the endless "Why" game, and it's just ad annoying when played by an adult.

The answer to your question, as always, is gravity. We kind of know a lot about it.

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 01:28:16 PM »

One does not have to understand why masses attract each other in order to see, and make measurements confirming, that they do.

You can do the experiment yourself.  Hold out an apple and let it go.  Watch the earth attract it.  You don't need to know why. You just need an apple.

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 01:47:19 PM »
Sando quote:  How do you know it is attractive if you have no possible mechanism to show for it?

Its been done and said before.
The mechanism is irrelevant at this point.
The fact is it is there and measruable means it exists.
That guy cavan.
The legend of the apple on the head.
People who work with elevators.
Every sport ever.

Did yoy not breath oxygen before you understood that it was important part of air that kept you alive?

Did photosynthesis not sxist before it was discovered?

Piss off.

2nd point
Its not a pressure.
Skeppy and his denpressure has no coherency and contradicts itself multiple aspects.

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2020, 02:12:17 PM »
The relationship between a gyroscope and entropy was initiated by Dr. Nikolai Kozyrev.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1922302#msg1922302

It turns out that the time pattern of our world is positive in a laevorotary system of coordinates. From this, we are afforded the possibility of an objective determination of left and right; the left-hand system of coordinates is said to be that system in which the time progress is positive, while the right-hand system is one in which it is negative. Hence, time possesses not only energy but also a rotation moment which it can transmit to a system. There also exists a variable property which can be called the density or intensity of time. In a case of low density it is difficult for time to influence the material systems, and there is required an intensive emphasis of the causal-resultant relationship in order that force caused by the time pattern would appear.”

Dr. N.A. Kozyrev

Time is a torsion potential or a scalar wave.

Time is the dextrorotatory scalar wave (subquark string), or terrestrial gravity.

Anti-time is the laevorotatory scalar wave, or antigravity.

Space-time fabric is the aether (the medium) through which scalar waves propagate (ether), these scalar waves are called time and anti-time (terrestrial gravity and antigravity).

The flow of time and anti-time can cause matter to either increase or decrease in weight.

The external rays which disintegrate matter are telluric currents of dextrorotatory spin.

Tesla stated that if any radioactive element were to be shielded from these rays, the material would cease to be radioactive.

Radioactive materials are the dense targets of external energetic streams.

Bravo sandokhan - but do you know what your answer is called? I hear a ringing, but I don’t know where he is .... I’m Russian and read in the originals almost all the articles related to Kozyrev. Including those years when Kozyrev himself lived. Your material that you published and to which you refer is of little use for the scientific explanation of something, since it carries pitfalls. Those who threw into the stream of the river are already those who in their own way interpret Kozyrev. It’s like Kozyrev’s mirrors - everyone shouts about them, but in reality they have nothing to do with Kozyrev.
In addition, I did not see in your statements even a hint of an explanation of why the gyroscope reacts to entropy. A link to Kozyrev is a dummy! Since Kozyrev did not connect torsion fields with this experiment. The nature of this phenomenon is completely different. Here the donkey understands that if there is entropy, that is, the passage of time. But try to explain the essence of it yourself, without links to empty articles.
Your answer - once again shows that your theories are just an empty phrase. You fell completely in my eyes, below the plinth.

Kozyrev’s tortional weights really showed the passage of time, but I'm sorry, they also showed a lot of things that cannot be explained with the help of your arguments about * Time is a torsion potential or a scalar wave. Time is a right-handed scalar wave (subquark string), or terrestrial gravity. Anti-time is a left-handed scalar wave, or anti-gravity * For example, how tortional weights reacted to moonlight, sunlight, and the position of stars. Read Kozyrev in the original pages, not reviews of him.

Your move and excuse is sandokhan.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 02:20:52 PM by Heavenly Breeze »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2020, 02:12:33 PM »
Not my thread.

No.

Gravitational waves make up your gravitational field, since you have excluded from the very start quanta/particles.

A changing gravitational field produces gravitational waves.

The definition of gravitational waves is different from the field. The field is not made of waves. You really need to do your homework so you dont look like a fool.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

JackBlack

Re: Sandy doesn't understand anything
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2020, 03:14:41 PM »
How about you explain why it shouldn't first?
What magic is trying to rip it away from the surface of Earth?

Pure garbage.
Nothing works like that.
Not being able to explain everything doesn't mean that everything is a poorly written SF story.

We don't need to know how the water stays on Earth to know without any sane doubt that Earth is round.

That nonsense is like saying unless you can explain, with perfect accuracy, how a letter ended up in your letterbox, it must be fake.
That if you can't explain, with perfect accuracy, how a computer works, they must be pure fiction.

In order for it to even approach a rational argument against reality, that is against Earth being round, you would need to provide an alternative explanation which works for your Fantasy Earth.
But you make no attempt to.

And there you go showing yet again, that you clearly have no idea how anything works.
Like I explained to you before, it wouldn't be a gravitational wave nor a graviton emitted from Earth interacting with one emitted from a water molecule.
Instead it would be the gravitational wave/field/graviton interacting with the water molecule.

Yes, the magical aether, like I point out below.
That still "works" to explain why the water remains in place, and still produces gravity.
But it likewise raises a bunch of questions, which unlike gravity with an unknown mechanism would cause sane people to reject it.
The most important one is how the magical aether produces a force proportional to the mass, and why it isn't based upon area at all.
If it was a simple pressure, it should act in all directions, to crush the object, not accelerate it in a particular direction and should depend upon the area of the object, with the total mass being irrelevant.
So instead they need to appeal to a pressure gradient, which then raises the question of what causes this gradient, and why it always appears to be directed away from other objects, and it still leaves open the question of why it is based upon mass. A pressure gradient produces a force proportional to the volume, not the mass.
So instead of being an explanation is just raises more and more questions and really provides nothing.

But the same applies to all fundamental forces and all explanations, regardless of how far you provide an explanation for, there will always be one more step.
Again, we have been down this rabbit hole before, with you failing to explain your nonsense and then fleeing because you can't.

The simple fact gravity is real, it is directly observable in the lab. It is known that masses attract other masses with a force proportional to the product of the masses and inversely proportional to the distance between them squared. This has been empirically verified.

It is only the underlying mechanism that is in question.
Some are happy to just leave it as a gravitational field, like an electrical field.
Some go full crazy and appeal to a magical aether with magic pressure and all that nonsense.
So far the best explanation is that matter bends space time, with the resulting curvature resulting in an apparent acceleration of any object towards the mass.
It is then this curved spacetime that keeps water on the surface of Earth. This is the best because it directly explains why inertial mass and gravitational mass are equal; because gravity, rather than being an actual force that acts on an object is instead a distortion of space time, with the object following a geodesic in space time, with the apparent force being an inertial force, with inertial forces always being proportional to the mass of the object. That means it actually explains a key part of it, unlike the other "explanations".

But regardless of what explanation of the underlying mechanism, there are still more questions. How is this field created? How does the aether magically push objects? How does matter bend spacetime? And when you provide an explanation for that, it will just raise another question needing an explanation.

But the simple fact is, there is something that exists which results in objects falling towards Earth.
This is what keeps the water in place.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:21:38 PM by JackBlack »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2020, 03:14:54 PM »

Where's the pressure in a vacuum?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2020, 04:49:12 PM »
Explain the attractive mechanism:
Who said that there is any "attractive mechanism"?

Quote from: sandokhan
how do four trillion billion liters of water adhere to the outer surface of a sphere?
Exactly the same thing that holds your mass of roughly 75 kg down th the Earth with a force of about 736 N.

Quote from: sandokhan
Incorrect because:
  • The Earth's being a Globe was not based on any explanation of gravitation but on observation and measurement.

• The validity of gravitation is not dependent in the slightest on there being an adequate explanation of the mechanism.
    Newton''s Laws of Motion and Universal Gravitational were based on numerous experiment's and observations by him, Robert Hooke and others and not on theoretical work.
    This is just are true as Coulomb's Law, being just as valid before Coulomb formulated it, after Coulomb formulated it and now that Quantum theory has described the mechanism behind it.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2020, 05:12:24 PM »

So you can't understand gravitational waves either! Who writes your fairy stories?

Why would you even ask a silly question like "How does a gravitational wave emitted by a water molecule from the English Channel interact with a gravitational wave released by the iron/nickel core?"

I might as well ask 'How does an EM wave emitted by a stationary positive electric charge interact with an EM wave released by another stationary positive electric charge?'

Stationary charges do not emit EM waves and stationary masses do not emit gravitational waves.

And who says the there are no quanta (particles)? It's just that "mainstream science", unlike you, does not claim something, like the photon or graviton, until there is solid evidence for it. There is solid theoretical and experimental evidence for the photon but as yet not sufficient for the graviton.

Hence the graviton remains a hypothetical particle.

Some things are not yet known - live with it.

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2020, 08:50:19 PM »
Moderators asked me not to participate in disputes. Yes, and I myself do not really want it now. Since vsm do not give a damn about my comments. Since they make you think, not wave your fists.
I’m waiting for the last comment from Sandohan to tell you my thoughts about the gyro. And that’s all.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2020, 08:59:49 PM »
Moderators asked me not to participate in disputes. Yes, and I myself do not really want it now. Since vsm do not give a damn about my comments. Since they make you think, not wave your fists.
I’m waiting for the last comment from Sandohan to tell you my thoughts about the gyro. And that’s all.
I don't think that SCG meant for you not to "participate in disputes" but just that your posts in the Debate Forum were not appropriate for that forum.

I'm no authority but I imagine if you stick to "debating how water sticks to a globe again" in this thread you should be OK.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2020, 09:30:19 PM »
None of you have provided a mechanism for attractive gravity.

Which means you have a fairy tale without any science behind it.

Gravitational waves are created by a changing gravitational field. And yet, you have no explanation on how a single molecule of water interacts with a single molecule of iron/nickel from the core.

What you have are science fiction fairy tales.

Your outrageous claim that trillions of tons of water adhere to the outer surface of a sphere can be explained only one way: PURE MAGIC.

In vacuum, the dextrorotatory ether waves still act on the objects, that is why they are falling to the ground. Vacuum means absence of air, not absence of ether waves.

The pressure does not act on the surface/area of an object at all.

“This implies an important conclusion: bodies of different volumes that are in the same gradient medium acquire the same acceleration.

Note that if we keep watch on the fall of bodies of different masses and volumes in the Earth’s gravitation field under conditions when the effect of the air resistance is minimized (or excluded), the bodies acquire the same acceleration. Galileo was the first to establish this fact. The most vivid experiment corroborating the fact of equal acceleration for bodies of different masses is a fall of a lead pellet and bird feather in the deaerated glass tube. Imagine we start dividing one of the falling bodies into some parts and watching on the fall of these parts in the vacuum. Quite apparently, both large and small parts will fall down with the same acceleration in the Earth’s gravitation field. If we continue this division down to atoms we can obtain the same result. Hence it follows that the gravitation field is applied to every element that has a mass and constitutes a physical body. This field will equally accelerate large and small bodies only if it is gradient and acts on every elementary particle of the bodies. But a gradient gravitation field can act on bodies if there is a medium in which the bodies are immersed. Such a medium is the ether medium. The ether medium has a gradient effect not on the outer sheath of a body (a bird feather or lead pellet), but directly on the nuclei and electrons constituting the bodies. That is why bodies of different densities acquire equal acceleration.

Equal acceleration of the bodies of different volumes and masses in the gravitation field also indicates such an interesting fact that it does not matter what external volume the body has and what its density is. Only the ether medium volume that is forced out by the total amount of elementary particles (atomic nuclei, electrons etc.) matters. If gravitation forces acted on the outer sheath of the bodies then the bodies of a lower density would accelerate in the gravitation field faster than those of a higher density.

The examples discussed above allow clarifying the action mechanism of the gravitation force of physical bodies on each other. Newton was the first to presume that there is a certain relation between the gravitation mechanism and Archimedean principle. The medium exerting pressure on a gravitating body is the ether.”

The attractive gravitational force absolutely demands an explanation: otherwise we are dealing here with fairy tales, which are discussed in the CN section.

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2020, 11:54:10 PM »
Gravity keeps water on the earth
In flat earth theory what keeps water from running off the edge? A wall of ice, no.
Ice is very porous and would leak like a sieve.