Seven words (and phrases) you can't say - CDC edition

• 82 Replies
Re: Seven words (and phrases) you can't say - CDC edition
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2017, 09:20:11 PM »
But wasn't it the WH putting out the guidelines? Why would the WH care if the guy in charge is triggered? Wouldn't the WH rather have the agencies out those trigger words in so their funding gets denied?

It didn't necessarily come from the White house.

The Times confirmed some details of the report with several officials, although a few suggested that the proposal was not so much a ban on words but recommendations to avoid some language to ease the path toward budget approval by Republicans.

A former federal official, who asked not to be named, called the move unprecedented.

“It’s absurd and Orwellian, it’s stupid and Orwellian, but they are not saying to not use the words in reports or articles or scientific publications or anything else the C.D.C. does,” the former official said. “They’re saying not to use it in your request for money because it will hurt you. It’s not about censoring what C.D.C. can say to the American public. It’s about a budget strategy to get funded.”

There seemed to be confusion around the public health agencies about whether the ban originated at the agency’s parent department, Health and Human Services, or inside the C.D.C. itself; and whether such a ban would apply beyond budget documents.

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2017, 05:46:22 AM »
You could just ignore him at this point.
Shifter does seem much more desperate then he used to.  Maybe the penguins got to him?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2017, 07:40:16 AM »
But wasn't it the WH putting out the guidelines? Why would the WH care if the guy in charge is triggered? Wouldn't the WH rather have the agencies out those trigger words in so their funding gets denied?

It didn't necessarily come from the White house.

The Times confirmed some details of the report with several officials, although a few suggested that the proposal was not so much a ban on words but recommendations to avoid some language to ease the path toward budget approval by Republicans.

A former federal official, who asked not to be named, called the move unprecedented.

“It’s absurd and Orwellian, it’s stupid and Orwellian, but they are not saying to not use the words in reports or articles or scientific publications or anything else the C.D.C. does,” the former official said. “They’re saying not to use it in your request for money because it will hurt you. It’s not about censoring what C.D.C. can say to the American public. It’s about a budget strategy to get funded.”

There seemed to be confusion around the public health agencies about whether the ban originated at the agency’s parent department, Health and Human Services, or inside the C.D.C. itself; and whether such a ban would apply beyond budget documents.
My mistake. Though if it was a representative of HHS and the directive came from the top, that would potentially mean a cabinet member is sort of working against Trump. Interesting developments.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2017, 09:39:07 AM »
My fee fees lol. You think of your own and the 0.1% of people who think like you. I'm a realist who calls things how they are. If my son has a penis and has both X and Y chromosomes, no amount of pretending will make him any different. If he wants to dress as a girl, he is simply a guy who likes to dress in feminine clothing. We don't need to 'invent' a plethora of labels to choose from so he can fee like he fits neatly into some imagined box all by himself

I notice you 'snip' any point of argument you cant debate.... And as for sucking Chinas knob, you are imagining things for your argument. I have said plenty of times China is hideous and littered with a host of human rights abuses and suppressions of freedoms, but you cant simply deny the progress they have made in the past few decades. Taking the best of both systems could bring the benefits of both and the negatives of neither.

But hey, make shit up about me if you feel your argument is weak and lost. Good work man. Jane would be proud :)

Haven't really followed this topic too closely so I'm genuinely curious as to your defense of what hapoened with the CDC.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2017, 10:01:51 AM »
A fetus is an unborn baby.  It makes no sense to pretend that the use of one term is any more politically loaded than the other.

The science around transgenderism is controversial, to put it mildly.

"Evidence-based" and "science-based" are also, like it or not, politically loaded terms at this point, which was intentional.

In short, this list is no more politicizing these issues than its opponents already do.

I think it's dumb too but don't think you own the high ground here
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2017, 11:47:47 AM »
As far as the CDC is concerned wouldn't "evidence based" and "science based" be the opposite of something like homeopathy or the anti vaccine movement? 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2017, 12:03:44 PM »
A fetus is an unborn baby.  It makes no sense to pretend that the use of one term is any more politically loaded than the other.

The science around transgenderism is controversial, to put it mildly.

"Evidence-based" and "science-based" are also, like it or not, politically loaded terms at this point, which was intentional.

In short, this list is no more politicizing these issues than its opponents already do.

I think it's dumb too but don't think you own the high ground here

Are you serious right now? This is like ignoring everything anyone said about anything in the entire thread, like the explanation for why they prefer unborn baby. And since when do they get to decide what science they consider "controversial"? Why of all the possible controversial stuff in the whole of science did they pick transgenderism? The CDC is not even supposed to talk about facts regarding transgenderism? Facts are not "controversial", they're just facts. And I guess diversity and entitlement are also just random words they picked. Your suggestion is that the reason they decided these words can't be used is that 1) transgenderism is "controversial" so the CDC can't talk about it, 2) the rest are just random words they picked for no reason. If not, explain why you think these words can't be used.

The issue is definitely politicized. I still don't fully understand what that was supposed to achieve, but there's no question it is tied with politics.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2017, 12:21:39 PM »
I think the controversy around the "facts" of transgenderism are because lots of the facts aren't facts. For example, if you read the "facts" about the murder rate of mtf you'd think they were dropping like flies, but it turns out that isn't the case. They use the murder rates of Brazil and pretend it applies to the US. They leave out the the fact that it's mostly trans poc in the sex trade who are murdered (no matter where they live). There's a lot of controversy around gathering facts, for example http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/psychotherapist-gender-assignment-surgery-reverse-research-stop-trans-bath-spa-university-james-a7965281.html
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2017, 12:27:56 PM »
How about that lady in China that had a forced abortion at 7 months

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_abortion

Only a foetus right? No loss. Certainly couldn't call that an unborn baby

Well you could call it that, I guess, but the most proper term would still be fetus. And no, it's not a small loss because it's called a fetus, I find it really hard to understand what exactly your argument here is.

China is disgusting in a lot of regards but one place it excels is that it has a plan and no 'opposition for opposition sake' groups to get in the way.
Yeah, that's exactly why they ended up disgusting.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2017, 12:28:46 PM »
I think the controversy around the "facts" of transgenderism are because lots of the facts aren't facts. For example, if you read the "facts" about the murder rate of mtf you'd think they were dropping like flies, but it turns out that isn't the case. They use the murder rates of Brazil and pretend it applies to the US. They leave out the the fact that it's mostly trans poc in the sex trade who are murdered (no matter where they live). There's a lot of controversy around gathering facts, for example http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/psychotherapist-gender-assignment-surgery-reverse-research-stop-trans-bath-spa-university-james-a7965281.html

Is the solution to prevent the CDC from talking about said facts?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2017, 12:59:05 PM »
How about that lady in China that had a forced abortion at 7 months

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_abortion

Only a foetus right? No loss. Certainly couldn't call that an unborn baby

Well you could call it that, I guess, but the most proper term would still be fetus. And no, it's not a small loss because it's called a fetus, I find it really hard to understand what exactly your argument here is.

China is disgusting in a lot of regards but one place it excels is that it has a plan and no 'opposition for opposition sake' groups to get in the way.
Yeah, that's exactly why they ended up disgusting.

Okay, let me put it to you another way

Some guy beats a pregnant lady, just short of giving birth. She is injured, but the baby dies. Man only gets charged with assault. The babies life is not at all recognised. How is that at all fair? When you call it a foetus, well there is nothing in the law that protects them. Call it a baby and they have plenty of rights and recognition. I believe if the baby is wanted, it should be called as such, and to take it away is murder.

China ended up disgusting because they are not only communist, but capitalist. Every government should also have some other party or allow the public to hold them to account, but to have another party constantly block the government from doing what they need to do, just to make them look bad (in the hopes it makes them look better and a chance for power) is what causes a country to stagnate. In Australia, nothing of substance is able to get done because not only do you have the Prime Ministers job a game of 'musical chairs', but opposition parties blocking absolutely everything just to be opposite. Meanwhile while western countries are fighting amongst themselves, China has ploughed through and will now be the number 1 powerhouse of the world. All our petty bickering has helped the rise of the worlds biggest and most populist nation to take us over by stealth. And what a disgusting, communist/capitalist party it is. But enough about that. Lets talk about some 'words'
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:09:26 PM by Shifter »

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2017, 03:06:11 PM »

Is the solution to prevent the CDC from talking about said facts?

No, I think the banned words are stupid, but some of it is political.

Pezevenk

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2017, 04:49:20 AM »
When you call it a foetus, well there is nothing in the law that protects them. Call it a baby and they have plenty of rights and recognition.

What? The law doesn't care if you call it a fetus or an unborn child, fetuses and embryos are still protected by the law in most countries and killing them against the consent of the mother may be treated as murder.

I believe if the baby is wanted, it should be called as such,

A fetus is a fetus whether wanted or not.

All our petty bickering has helped the rise of the worlds biggest and most populist nation to take us over by stealth.
So what, you'd prefer to be like China? The reason China is better at being a powerhouse is not so much because they're not stagnating, but because they don't give a shit about the lives of its citizens. If you want to be the best powerhouse too so much, do the same.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2017, 10:04:59 AM »
When you call it a foetus, well there is nothing in the law that protects them. Call it a baby and they have plenty of rights and recognition.

What? The law doesn't care if you call it a fetus or an unborn child, fetuses and embryos are still protected by the law in most countries and killing them against the consent of the mother may be treated as murder.
Actually, most of the controversy arises when you try to kill it with the mother's consent. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Pezevenk

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2017, 10:47:32 PM »

Actually, most of the controversy arises when you try to kill it with the mother's consent.

Yes, but in that post Shifter was talking about killing it without consent.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2017, 11:24:29 PM »
Shiftard is an even worse troll than me. That says a lot.  :o
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2017, 03:35:42 AM »

Yes, but in that post Shifter was talking about killing it without consent.

Every country may be different I guess. I know for example one event a drunk loser ran over a pregnant woman, she survived, the baby due in the next few weeks was killed. In the court the baby was a non issue. I find the fact he got away with ending another life abhorrent. But of course, people are afraid of the slippery slope once you grant protections to 'foetuses' so let's just pretend they aren't important.

If your country or others are more enlightened that's great.  8) Here, not so much

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2017, 06:49:15 AM »
When does Human Life become Human Life?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2017, 07:54:41 AM »
When does Human Life become Human Life?
When it becomes both human and alive.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2017, 08:06:56 AM »
When it can survive without any one specific person remaining alive.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2017, 08:32:29 AM »
This is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2017, 09:38:40 PM »
Ok that's pretty weird... Especially fetus, that's a word that is hard to replace and seems pretty necessary in a medical context.

It's for the ultra pro lifers.

So ultra pro lifers don't even mention fetuses? Like, they're not even a thing to them?

It's an unborn baby.
Calling it a fetus makes it easier to murder.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2017, 09:46:43 PM »
Calling it a fetus is calling it exactly what it actually is.

The fact that calling it a fetus makes it easier to kill it is just a bonus.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2017, 09:49:21 PM »
Why not just call all people something other than human. Then the government could legally kill people they don't like.

I have nothing against the word in itself I'm just pointing out it makes it easier to murder babies.
I'm anti-judaism.

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2017, 09:52:38 PM »
We libtards really love killing unborn children. If God intended otherwise, He would not make them so damn tasty.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2017, 09:54:31 PM »
Are you referencing the rampant child abuse human trafficking and pedophilia of the cosmopolitan elite?

I agree it's a problem.
I'm anti-judaism.

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2017, 10:35:33 PM »
No, I'm referencing how good it feels to suck unborn babies from their mothers womb with a glorified hoover. So awesome. You should hear the funny sound the fetus makes when it's limbs are severed. It's comedy gold, you'd totally LOL.

The whole "having sex with children" thing is on you. No idea why you brought that up. You seem to have a dirty mind.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2017, 10:44:46 PM »
Actually a state of emergency has been declared.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2017, 10:48:18 PM »
It's funny watching you all squirm.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/president-trump-declares-national-emergency-over-global-rights-abuses-and-corruption_2393803.html

President Donald Trump declared a national emergency on Dec. 21 in response to severe human rights abuses and corruption around the world.

In his executive order, the president said that rights abuses and corruption “have reached such scope and gravity that they threaten the stability of international political and economic systems.”
I'm anti-judaism.

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2017, 12:13:03 AM »
Wow. You are so dumb it's actually kinda impressive.