Jwst launches in less than 3 hours

• 1802 Replies

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
Re: Jwst launches in less than 3 hours
« Reply #420 on: February 03, 2022, 10:52:04 PM »
And I just point out that ESA/NASA says that JWST starts orbiting Earth and arrives at L2 to watch the end of the Universe, when and where it starts to orbit the Sun!
Everything in our solar system orbits the sun. Even your giant ego.
Lagrange point is just the area where the suns gravitational field and earths gravitational field are the same resulting in close to net zero acceleration.
Not that explaining simple concepts to simple minds will change any thoughts you have.

If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #421 on: February 04, 2022, 12:47:42 AM »
MaNaeSWolf is back! How's it going. You predicated 2022 would be the end of this forum. I think Hewia will be spamming his BS for as long as he's alive. Hmmm. 2022 might be it then :(

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #422 on: February 04, 2022, 03:23:21 AM »
And I just point out that ESA/NASA says that JWST starts orbiting Earth and arrives at L2 to watch the end of the Universe, when and where it starts to orbit the Sun!
Everything in our solar system orbits the sun. Even your giant ego.
Lagrange point is just the area where the suns gravitational field and earths gravitational field are the same resulting in close to net zero acceleration.
Not that explaining simple concepts to simple minds will change any thoughts you have.
According to the heliocentric theory everything in our solar system orbits the Sun. According to the geocentric theory everything orbits Earth, which is the center of the Universe. I like the geocentric Universe that I can watch from the windows of my penthouse.
Lagrange Point L2 is a location in space where the gravitational forces of  the Sun and Earth produce enhanced  attraction, i.e. the Sun attracts Earth and together they attract an orbiting object X at L2 with a great combined force. X orbiting Earth will not drop back on Earth at L2 as it is also moving around the Sun. Of course no object can stop at L2. I can watch L2 at midnight. L2 is moving all the time and nothing can stop there.

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #423 on: February 04, 2022, 03:56:52 AM »
Of course no object can stop at L2.

Please indicate where in this thread anyone has claimed that the JWST will stop at L2.  Better still, where a NASA/ESA documents states that.
S'ils te font de la peine, je les tuerai sans gêne.

Heiwa

« Reply #424 on: February 04, 2022, 05:41:05 AM »

Please indicate where in this thread anyone has claimed that the JWST will stop at L2.  Better still, where a NASA/ESA documents states that.
Better you ask ESA/NASA. They just told me JWST has arrived at L2 and started to orbit L2 at once and is now orbiting L2, i.e. not stopped at all anywhere. L2 is moving around in space but it is just a point of nothing.

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #425 on: February 04, 2022, 08:01:42 AM »

Better you ask ESA/NASA. They just told me JWST has arrived at L2 and started to orbit L2 at once and is now orbiting L2, i.e. not stopped at all anywhere. L2 is moving around in space but it is just a point of nothing.

You have been arguing the impossibility of JWST stopping at L2 and hence JWST being fake. 

Seriously, do you enjoy taking a contrary opinion just to rile people? I see neither rhyme nor reason to you arguments.

Heiwa

« Reply #426 on: February 04, 2022, 09:04:12 AM »

You have been arguing the impossibility of JWST stopping at L2 and hence JWST being fake. 

Seriously, do you enjoy taking a contrary opinion just to rile people? I see neither rhyme nor reason to you arguments.
You are right that I do not believe in the JWST at L2 and I have given my reasons for it. And nobody has shown I am wrong. Pls try yourself. Can really an object in space orbit two (or three?) different bodies at the same time?

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #427 on: February 04, 2022, 09:41:54 AM »
You are right that I do not believe in the JWST at L2 and I have given my reasons for it. And nobody has shown I am wrong. Pls try yourself. Can really an object in space orbit two (or three?) different bodies at the same time?

As I look out my window, I can see the waxing crescent Moon approximately 15o above my horizon. It orbits the Earth, and as the Earth orbits the Sun, it orbits both the Earth and the Sun

If you would prefer an example of one body orbiting two, may I present to you Kepler-47c, a p-type circumbinary exoplanet orbiting two stars, Kepler-47A - a G type main sequence star, and Kepler-47B - a red dwarf star.

But then you can't see that from your window, so I guess I'm bullshitting.

May I present to you instead .... the Earth.

The Earth is orbiting the common centre of mass of the Sun, Mercury and Venus.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #428 on: February 04, 2022, 09:56:31 AM »
It is basic astro-dynamics!

I'm saving this one for my collection.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #429 on: February 04, 2022, 10:05:10 AM »
It's 'astro-dynamics' for the win!

Heiwa

« Reply #430 on: February 04, 2022, 11:02:26 AM »

As I look out my window, I can see the waxing crescent Moon approximately 15o above my horizon. It orbits the Earth, and as the Earth orbits the Sun, it orbits both the Earth and the Sun

No, the Moon only orbits Earth and Earth only orbits the Sun (or vice versa), so the Moon does not orbit the Sun at all.
It is simple - the Moon can only orbit one other celestial body, in this case Earth. The Moon cannot possibly orbit another object, e.g, the Sun.
Same with the JWST. We all agree, it orbits Earth and that this orbit of the JWST pass the L2 point at a certain time. The JWST cannot stop at the L2 point, as it must continue in its orbit around Earth.
The Moon is same! It cannot stop in its orbit of  Earth. The Moon must carry on in the orbit around Earth. Have you ever seen the Moon stop in orbit?
Same for JWST.  When it orbits Earth, it cannot suddenly stop at L2 and start orbiting the Sun. No, it must continue orbiting Earth after passing the L2 point.
Try yourself. Throw a stone from your window. It will then orbit Earth for a short time until it crashes on Earth again. There is no way that the stone can stop in its orbit.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #431 on: February 04, 2022, 11:06:03 AM »

No, the Moon only orbits Earth and Earth only orbits the Sun (or vice versa), so the Moon does not orbit the Sun at all.
It is simple - the Moon can only orbit one other celestial body, in this case Earth. The Moon cannot possibly orbit another object, e.g, the Sun.
Same with the JWST. We all agree, it orbits Earth and that this orbit of the JWST pass the L2 point at a certain time. The JWST cannot stop at the L2 point, as it must continue in its orbit around Earth.
The Moon is same! It cannot stop in its orbit of  Earth. The Moon must carry on in the orbit around Earth. Have you ever seen the Moon stop in orbit?
Same for JWST.  When it orbits Earth, it cannot suddenly stop at L2 and start orbiting the Sun. No, it must continue orbiting Earth after passing the L2 point.
Try yourself. Throw a stone from your window. It will then orbit Earth for a short time until it crashes on Earth again. There is no way that the stone can stop in its orbit.

Show us your math. I'm afraid throwing a rock from your window just doesn't cut it.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #432 on: February 04, 2022, 11:06:37 AM »
and Earth only orbits the Sun (or vice versa),

Do you even know what vice versa means?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #433 on: February 04, 2022, 11:18:10 AM »
We all agree, it orbits Earth

Only you are saying that.  The JWST orbits the Sun.

The JWST cannot stop at the L2 point, as it must continue in its orbit around Earth.

Again, where has anybody said JWST stops at L2, other than yourself?

You pull things out your ass, and argue against them.  I would call it a straw man argument, but is more like a limp hay man argument.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #434 on: February 04, 2022, 12:08:27 PM »
We all agree, it orbits Earth

Only you are saying that.  The JWST orbits the Sun.

The JWST cannot stop at the L2 point, as it must continue in its orbit around Earth.

Again, where has anybody said JWST stops at L2, other than yourself?

You pull things out your ass, and argue against them.  I would call it a straw man argument, but is more like a limp hay man argument.
If you squint enough while thinking about it, the JWST sort of orbits the Earth once per year I guess?

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #435 on: February 04, 2022, 12:27:45 PM »

If you squint enough while thinking about it, the JWST sort of orbits the Earth once per year I guess?

And get wrinkles? Not likely!

You are, of course, correct though.

« Reply #436 on: February 04, 2022, 01:21:13 PM »

It mite be better said that the Earth and Moon, form a pair, that orbits the sun.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

Heiwa

« Reply #437 on: February 04, 2022, 06:11:13 PM »

Show us your math. I'm afraid throwing a rock from your window just doesn't cut it.
ESA/NASA says that by launching a rocket JWST arrives after a month at L2 and starts orbiting L2. We have seen a rocket taking off ... and that's all. No math shown! And now ESA/NASA has announced JWST is orbiting L2.
I agree that a rocket taking off from Earth orbits only Earth all the time. That rocket cannot start orbiting something else. It will always orbit Earth or, if it stops in its orbit, it will drop back on Earth. I can see that from my window.
I am sorry that ESA/NASA hasn't shown the math of the JWST space trip.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #438 on: February 04, 2022, 09:07:26 PM »
ESA/NASA says that by launching a rocket JWST arrives after a month at L2 and starts orbiting L2. We have seen a rocket taking off ... and that's all. No math shown! And now ESA/NASA has announced JWST is orbiting L2.
I agree that a rocket taking off from Earth orbits only Earth all the time. That rocket cannot start orbiting something else. It will always orbit Earth or, if it stops in its orbit, it will drop back on Earth. I can see that from my window.

« Reply #439 on: February 05, 2022, 12:43:49 AM »

Please provide one instance of a group, organization, institution, company, corporation, or agency that in their general communication with the public “shows the math” in a manner similar to your request. Do airlines “show the math” of airplane navigation? Do utility companies “show the math” of power grid distribution and allocation? Do cell phone carriers “show the math” of a phone call?

That you don’t know where to look for and find information doesn’t mean it does not exist. And that you choose to take simplified public information statements as rigorously accurate descriptions to be used in calculations (or in your case to “gotcha” NASA for being inconsistent) only shows that you don’t know the difference between a press release and an orbital insertion computation.

BTW, here’s a small taste of the published information that has been being worked on for 20 years in regards to “showing the math” and references to other aspects of the total orbit solution.

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/citations/20140008865/downloads/20140008865.pdf

Heiwa is shown to be a bloviating fool and laughable troll yet again.

Heiwa

« Reply #440 on: February 05, 2022, 08:01:23 AM »

BTW, here’s a small taste of the published information that has been being worked on for 20 years in regards to “showing the math” and references to other aspects of the total orbit solution.

I have studied the ESA/NASA info about the alleged orbit around Earth that brings JWST from Earth to L2. Of course only Earth and L2 orbit the Sun. It is then the JWST that orbits the Earth, while the altitude above Earth is increased, so it can reach L2. L2 is just a moving point in space, where the gravity of Earth and Sun add up.
The velocity and its direction of the JWST in its elliptical orbit around Earth (and away from the Sun) approaching L2 can be calculated. The velocity is in fact being reduced from the escape velocity leaving Earth to the arrival velocity at L2 due to Earth and Sun gravity, while the direction is always away from the Sun and Earth towards moving L2.

Evidently JWSR cannot slow down and stop at L2. Only the JWST velocity away from the Sun relative Earth must come to zero at L2, while the JWST velocity/direction at L2 must be the same as the velocity/direction of L2 in its orbit around the Sun.

In way JWST must "dock" with L2, like the asstronuts do after taking taking off from Earth to dock with the famous ESA/NASA/Russian Fake/unmanned space station/balloon orbiting Earth in LEO since many years. All these dockings have been fake from the beginning.

So the JWST must slow down and change direction to "stop" at L2. Which is not possible. L2 has no mass and will not attract JWST. And JWST has no engines and fuel to change course and speed in its orbit around Earth. You cannot jump from one orbit around Earth to another orbit around the Sun.

To repeat - L2 is a point with no mass that always orbits the Sun. JWST is a spacecraft that orbits Earth. To change that orbit around Earth to an orbit around the Sun is simply not possible. Thus the JWST is a hoax.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #441 on: February 05, 2022, 10:10:50 AM »
I like the geocentric Universe that I can watch from the windows of my penthouse.
Sounds like more of an egocentric view of the universe.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #442 on: February 05, 2022, 11:27:00 AM »
I like the geocentric Universe that I can watch from the windows of my penthouse.
Sounds like more of an egocentric view of the universe.
Sorry to hear you have no windows in your house.

« Reply #443 on: February 05, 2022, 07:17:49 PM »

I have studied the ESA/NASA info about the alleged orbit around Earth that brings JWST from Earth to L2. Of course only Earth and L2 orbit the Sun. It is then the JWST that orbits the Earth, while the altitude above Earth is increased, so it can reach L2. L2 is just a moving point in space, where the gravity of Earth and Sun add up.
The velocity and its direction of the JWST in its elliptical orbit around Earth (and away from the Sun) approaching L2 can be calculated. The velocity is in fact being reduced from the escape velocity leaving Earth to the arrival velocity at L2 due to Earth and Sun gravity, while the direction is always away from the Sun and Earth towards moving L2.

Evidently JWSR cannot slow down and stop at L2. Only the JWST velocity away from the Sun relative Earth must come to zero at L2, while the JWST velocity/direction at L2 must be the same as the velocity/direction of L2 in its orbit around the Sun.

In way JWST must "dock" with L2, like the asstronuts do after taking taking off from Earth to dock with the famous ESA/NASA/Russian Fake/unmanned space station/balloon orbiting Earth in LEO since many years. All these dockings have been fake from the beginning.

So the JWST must slow down and change direction to "stop" at L2. Which is not possible. L2 has no mass and will not attract JWST. And JWST has no engines and fuel to change course and speed in its orbit around Earth. You cannot jump from one orbit around Earth to another orbit around the Sun.

To repeat - L2 is a point with no mass that always orbits the Sun. JWST is a spacecraft that orbits Earth. To change that orbit around Earth to an orbit around the Sun is simply not possible. Thus the JWST is a hoax.

Show the math.

Heiwa

« Reply #444 on: February 05, 2022, 10:19:43 PM »

Show the math.
No, you have to study what I explain above. The math is not easy. The gravity force acting on the JWST spacecraft going to L2 vary with the distance to Earth and the Sun, which changes all the time. Thus the force is stronger the closer JWST are to the Sun and the Earth. But to suggest that the JWST distance from Earth becomes more or less constant at L2 and that the JWST changes its elliptical orbit around Earth to a circular orbit around the Sun after reaching L2 is simply ridiculous. NASA has of course suggested similar things since going to the Moon >50 years ago, i.e. a space craft can jump from one orbit to another in space. But it is pure fake space news.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #445 on: February 05, 2022, 11:01:21 PM »
Show the math.
No, you have to study what I explain above. The math is not easy. The gravity force acting on the JWST spacecraft going to L2 vary with the distance to Earth and the Sun, which changes all the time. Thus the force is stronger the closer JWST are to the Sun and the Earth. But to suggest that the JWST distance from Earth becomes more or less constant at L2 and that the JWST changes its elliptical orbit around Earth to a circular orbit around the Sun after reaching L2 is simply ridiculous. NASA has of course suggested similar things since going to the Moon >50 years ago, i.e. a space craft can jump from one orbit to another in space. But it is pure fake space news.

Show the math.

Heiwa

« Reply #446 on: February 06, 2022, 12:25:00 AM »
Show the math.

Show the math.
It is easy. Imagine you are on Earth and want to go to L2. L2 is above you in the sky and in the back is the Sun. So you just take off and go straight away from the Earth with the Sun behind you and, voilà! you arrive at L2 after at month. Speed is reduced all the time due to Earth and Sun gravity, so start with right speed. At arrival L2 you have to dock there, i.e. change direction and speed to that of L2. NASA has never shown any math of it, so why should I?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #447 on: February 06, 2022, 12:48:52 AM »
Show the math.

Show the math.
It is easy. Imagine you are on Earth and want to go to L2. L2 is above you in the sky and in the back is the Sun. So you just take off and go straight away from the Earth with the Sun behind you and, voilà! you arrive at L2 after at month. Speed is reduced all the time due to Earth and Sun gravity, so start with right speed. At arrival L2 you have to dock there, i.e. change direction and speed to that of L2. NASA has never shown any math of it, so why should I?

Show the math.

« Reply #448 on: February 06, 2022, 02:29:32 AM »
Show the math.

Show the math.

That’s not math. You’re the one who is making the claims that are contrary to established orbital mechanics and insisting that showing the math is the way of determining legitimacy. So, show the math.

« Reply #449 on: February 06, 2022, 02:46:55 AM »
Show the math.
Show the math. 

It is easy.  Imagine you are on Earth and want to go to L2. L2 is above you in the sky and in the back is the Sun. So you just take off and go straight away from the Earth with the Sun behind you and, voilà! you arrive at L2 after at month. Speed is reduced all the time due to Earth and Sun gravity, so start with right speed. At arrival L2 you have to dock there, i.e. change direction and speed to that of L2. NASA has never shown any math of it, so why should I?

Also, see above. Make up your mind. Is it easy? Is it not easy?