If the Earth was flat we'd all be dead

• 129 Replies

JackBlack

Re: If the Earth was flat we'd all be dead
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2017, 05:36:17 PM »
No, no, and no. All matter is accelerated in the UA universally. There is no special distinction between matter at altitude.
So people (made of matter) are accelerated the same as Earth, so it would not create the appearance of falling, and there is no variation in "g" across Earth?
What a shame that doesn't match reality. Looks like UA is a pile of crap.

Matter at lower altitudes is closer to the UA where the force is stronger. Most of the acceleration is on the lower crust of the earth.
Which directly contradicts your prior claim.
Is it universal with no distinction made for altitude, or does it vary with altitude.

Also, this would mean it would be significantly reduced at the sun/moon and thus they would "fall" and crash into Earth.
If it is so incapable of accelerating us, and we appear to fall, accelerating at roughly 9.8 m/s^2, the sun and moon would be falling even faster.
Yet they are only meant to be around 5000 km above us according to the common FE model.
That would result in them crashing into us after a mere 1000 s, with it only being delayed if they reach terminal velocity.

So why hasn't Earth crashed into the sun yet?

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2017, 08:07:16 AM »
Matter at lower altitudes is closer to the UA where the force is stronger. Most of the acceleration is on the lower crust of the earth.
Is that the backside's surface? Or is there a mantle that is less accelerated than the crust?

Imagine a UA field source below the earth - those things closer to the source feel more acceleration.

Another question: If the closer matter gets to this universal accelerator the more an object is accelerated, wouldn't objects very close to Earth's surface experience less pull toward Earth than objects further away from earth?

Yes

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2017, 08:27:12 AM »
Is that the backside's surface? Or is there a mantle that is less accelerated than the crust?

Imagine a UA field source below the earth - those things closer to the source feel more acceleration.

Another question: If the closer matter gets to this universal accelerator the more an object is accelerated, wouldn't objects very close to Earth's surface experience less pull toward Earth than objects further away from earth?

Yes

And yet the opposite can be observed. Objects tend to "fall" toward earth slightly slower at higher altitudes. Why is that?
Nullius in Verba

narcberry

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2017, 08:30:18 AM »
The dirt on the ground is accelerating upwards mostly due to the ground beneath it pressing up and less from the UA - same for anything you're dropping above it.

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2017, 08:41:20 AM »

but just a few posts up you said it didn't matter what altitude you were.  Now you are saying that it does.

narcberry

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2017, 08:57:42 AM »
Context.

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2017, 11:19:13 AM »
Context.
Nah, you're just making shit up as you go.

JackBlack

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2017, 01:27:25 PM »
Context.
Yes, context shows you to be full of shit and contradicting yourself.
I also noticed you completely ignored my post.

You claimed that the UA accelerates equally regardless of altitude.
But then you contradict that and claim that it does depend upon altitude, with things further away being accelerated less.

But the issue is no simple monotonic function works.

You need Earth to be accelerating significantly faster than us (roughly 9.8 m/s^2 faster), but then need the sun and moon accelerating at the same rate as Earth.

narcberry

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2017, 07:50:52 AM »
Context.

Making shit up, and testing it, that's called science. Do you not believe in science?

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2017, 08:01:56 AM »
Context.

Making shit up, and testing it, that's called science. Do you not believe in science?
What tests have you done?

narcberry

« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2017, 08:03:21 AM »
Context.

See my sig for a complete list of tests I've completed as well as substantiating arguments and proofs.

« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2017, 08:07:57 AM »
Context.

See my sig for a complete list of tests I've completed as well as substantiating arguments and proofs.
Im not going to read through all that. Vehy don't you just name one scientific test you have done

narcberry

« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2017, 08:11:43 AM »
Context.

Im not going to read through all that. Vehy don't you just name one scientific test you have done
Because you're too lazy? No thank you.

« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2017, 08:35:03 AM »
Context.

Because you're too lazy? No thank you.
No, because I asked you a specific question and you responded with a link full of other links about things I did not ask about.
I understand if you can't answer, but just say so.

narcberry

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2017, 08:36:03 AM »
RE'er to lazy to argue.

ANOTHER VICTORY FOR FE!!!

« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2017, 08:36:58 AM »
RE'er to lazy to argue.

Argue with what?  I asked a question.  You didn't answer.  What's to argue?

narcberry

« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2017, 08:38:02 AM »
RE'er to lazy to argue.

So you agree, CONGRATS FE'ers! WE DID IT!

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2017, 08:41:04 AM »
Context.

"What tests have you done?"
"These ones"
"I'm not going to read the answer to your question."
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2017, 08:42:25 AM »
RE'er to lazy to argue.

So you agree, CONGRATS FE'ers! WE DID IT!
And still no answer.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2017, 08:48:13 AM »
Sure seems like he answered. In fact, you said you wouldn't even read it. How you determined it had nothing to do with your question aside from reading it is beyond me.

Nightsky

• Know the implications of what you believe.
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2017, 08:50:44 AM »
Context.

Bad argument, I’m afraid.
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Oh for the love of- Logical formulation:
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2017, 08:52:08 AM »
Context.

"These ones"
Still waiting for you to confirm your source is the same guy that said Saturn hovered above the North Pole.
Now then, you know that's not what happened in this thread.  I asked a simple, specific question.  I was given a link filled with other links, most having nothing to do with the question.  I have found this tactic is common.  They can't answer the question directly so they link to pages of documents that may, somewhere in them have some relevant information.  Then claim they answered the question.  It's a cop out and you know it.

narcberry

« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2017, 08:55:16 AM »
Context.

"These ones"
Still waiting for you to confirm your source is the same guy that said Saturn hovered above the North Pole.
Now then, you know that's not what happened in this thread.  I asked a simple, specific question.  I was given a link filled with other links, most having nothing to do with the question.  I have found this tactic is common.  They can't answer the question directly so they link to pages of documents that may, somewhere in them have some relevant information.  Then claim they answered the question.  It's a cop out and you know it.

Thanks for expressing your concerns, however I'm marking this thread as closed in favor of FE.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2017, 08:57:29 AM »
Context.

"These ones"
I have no idea what you are talking about. There are what... 2-4 active flatists here and thousands of threads and posts and more each day. Do you really expect me to not only read every single post on the forums, but answer each one?

Check your round earth privilege.

It sounds like you are the one copping out. I count count the number of times I've been asked to support my argument, I support it by citing a book (most of which are available here, due to Daniel's hard work, or on tfes due to the hard work done by them downloading files to reupload them) or a site and the round earther is just too lazy to open a book cover. I'm sure it would be easy to attack many of narcberry's threads.

« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2017, 09:07:25 AM »
Context.

"These ones"

Thanks for expressing your concerns, however I'm marking this thread as closed in favor of FE.
In other words you can't answer so you are running away.

« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2017, 09:11:32 AM »
Context.

"These ones"
I have no idea what you are talking about. There are what... 2-4 active flatists here and thousands of threads and posts and more each day. Do you really expect me to not only read every single post on the forums, but answer each one?

Check your round earth privilege.

It sounds like you are the one copping out. I count count the number of times I've been asked to support my argument, I support it by citing a book (most of which are available here, due to Daniel's hard work, or on tfes due to the hard work done by them downloading files to reupload them) or a site and the round earther is just too lazy to open a book cover. I'm sure it would be easy to attack many of narcberry's threads.
That was seriously funny John.  We had a discussion.  I asked you to cite your source, you gave a last name.  All I could find was one guy who was batshit crazy.  I asked if that was your source, trying to confirm this was who you meant.  You responded to several other posts by me, like this one, and every single time ignored the question about your source.
Then claim I am copping out.
Funny stuff.

Nightsky

« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2017, 09:25:57 AM »
Context.

"These ones"

You really are insecure. Have you thought about seeking help? This constant need you have to convince your self of your beliefs, very worrying. I really would see about it.
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

narcberry

« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2017, 09:27:18 AM »
I really would see about it.

While not an "official" rule, please use complete sentences on these forums.

Nightsky

« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2017, 09:29:01 AM »

So. English, not really your thing?
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Jane said these

narcberry

« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2017, 09:32:57 AM »

So. English, not really your thing?

I really would see _________ about it.