Dinosaurs: Made In China

• 1009 Replies

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
Re: Dinosaurs: Made In China
« Reply #990 on: April 12, 2020, 02:23:34 AM »
I gave you a citation of one experts opinion who was his contemporary and then stated it was not his opinion alone which is easily verifiable (and would not be done if you knew anything about the man.) Amongst his controversies he, like other paleontologists, would claim others work was his own.

I made no such claim that "the bible can have anything at all to say on the subject of palaeontology" to you; I claimed simply that the Bibles predictions are more accurate in general than that of the claims of paleontology in its own field.  This has been explained to you once. It's hard for any impartial reviewer of our conversation to take you seriously - and mind you I'm the one talking about the very unorthodox view that dinosaurs not existing.

It should be easy for you, given the home field advantage and all. And yet you have failed to represent my arguments correctly, put up straw men and then went on to cheer and jeer when you failed to knock down your own straw men.

I am at a loss.

It’s not about advantage it’s about the facts, facts that you say you like. For some reason only known to yourself, you ignore all the facts relating to the history of palaeontology, and make up your own.

I reminded you of the well documented birth of the subject here in the Uk. The subsequent explosion in people seeking fossils with the well documented bone wars in the USA. Trackways are found all over the world, of which you said you preferred the bibles explanation!

You rubbish the science of Palaeontology out of turn with no facts to support your position, yet you say you go were the facts take you. If you were to give this problem to one of the greatest Skeptical Thinkers of all time, Hume, what do you think he would make of it?

Fossil beds are visitor attractions in several counties with most if not all museums in the world having numerous fossil exhibits on show.

Where is the lie John? Where are your facts that render all the above false? You have adopted a position that is illogical as it’s untenable.

While fossils are indeed found in China, they are also found on every other continent, including Antartica!
Really…..what a laugh!!!

Timeisup

« Reply #991 on: April 12, 2020, 05:24:48 AM »
Some light reading for you John on two of your favorite subjects, Antarctica and Dinosaurs. Two for the price of one. Isn't real science wonderful. I have great faith that you will enjoy the link.
https://www.livescience.com/2108-dinosaur-discovered-antarctica.html
Really…..what a laugh!!!

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #992 on: June 10, 2020, 02:40:11 AM »
Oh great. Quality coverage from the fox news of science. https://www.livescience.com/1410-rex-related-chickens.html

Another great piece. Yeah, let's tie wooden spoons to chickens and use it to prove dragons exist.

Fuck, why does science get funding to allow for this noise?
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #993 on: June 10, 2020, 02:53:35 AM »
Insiders take on using chicken bones.

rvlvr

« Reply #994 on: June 10, 2020, 02:53:45 AM »
What exactly is wrong with those findings?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #995 on: June 10, 2020, 02:54:11 AM »
It certainly sounds like a stand-up set. If it wasn't about such a serious subject matter....

rvlvr

« Reply #996 on: June 10, 2020, 02:58:19 AM »
So no real counterarguments from you?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #997 on: June 10, 2020, 03:00:34 AM »
You guys gave us a lot of shit for the great paleontologist James McIntyres experiments building boats with the groups fingers taped together.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/scientists-strap-fake-dinosaur-tail-on-chickens-to-discover-how-t-rex-walked-video-9117384.html

Try to tell me a straight face that this is a good use of man's resources?

Like the greeks did with the cyclops, when they found bones they stitched them together and made little mythes about them. Are you really that different from an ancient greek? With your little sky dragons...

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #998 on: June 10, 2020, 03:01:20 AM »
Also really just watch it. He seems to betray himself and his profession more than I could ever wish to.

rvlvr

« Reply #999 on: June 10, 2020, 03:06:05 AM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/scientists-strap-fake-dinosaur-tail-on-chickens-to-discover-how-t-rex-walked-video-9117384.html

Try to tell me a straight face that this is a good use of man's resources?
Isn't that called biomechanics?

"Biomechanics is the study of the structure, function and motion of the mechanical aspects of biological systems, at any level from whole organisms to organs, cells and cell organelles, using the methods of mechanics. Biomechanics is a branch of biophysics."

I don't think that is especially wasteful.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1000 on: June 10, 2020, 04:23:18 AM »
Oh great. Quality coverage from the fox news of science. https://www.livescience.com/1410-rex-related-chickens.html

Another great piece. Yeah, let's tie wooden spoons to chickens and use it to prove dragons exist.

I don't understand your disdain for this. They recovered some proteins and they match ones found in chickens, and the conclusion is it's evidence that they are related.

Other researchers say that proteins can't last that long. So looks like we have to wait for other teams to either find more evidence that supports it or find flaws in their methods. The news of course, does a fluff piece ignoring most of the actual science, nothing new there.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Timeisup

« Reply #1001 on: June 10, 2020, 07:49:43 AM »

As with all your complaints, they lack any scientific substance. The only argument that you have is that you don't like the idea of dinosaurs possibly for biblical reasons, but that is no reason at all. The tack you take is to rubbish any article on dinosaurs while ridiculing paleontologists, which is no argument at all, and all you do is make yourself look a bit silly as in the case of the Nazi penguins that we won't mention.
Really…..what a laugh!!!

Timeisup

« Reply #1002 on: June 10, 2020, 07:58:58 AM »
This is a long thread. John Davis obviously does not like the idea of dinosaurs. Is this an example of blind belief over scientific fact. Name-calling something you don't really like is rather a waste of time. In the case of dinosaurs, one only has to travel to one of the many hundreds of walkways that can be found on every continent, or to the many bone beds that are open to the public to see the reality of the situation. Dinosaurs are real, whether you like them or not.
Really…..what a laugh!!!

rvlvr

« Reply #1003 on: June 10, 2020, 08:42:58 AM »
Not only are they real, they are also cool. Every kid (hyperbole, but allow me that) loves them!

I wonder if John had some not so nice incident with a dinosaur toy as a kid?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1004 on: June 10, 2020, 10:11:35 AM »
Not only are they real, they are also cool. Every kid (hyperbole, but allow me that) loves them!

How sad to think of some kid sitting in the corner alone because all the others are eagerly learning about dinosaurs and he's pouting because he thinks it's all lies.

That's the worst part about conspiracy theories, they take so much joy and wonder out of the world for people.

Timeisup

« Reply #1005 on: June 10, 2020, 12:54:53 PM »

How sad to think of some kid sitting in the corner alone because all the others are eagerly learning about dinosaurs and he's pouting because he thinks it's all lies.

That's the worst part about conspiracy theories, they take so much joy and wonder out of the world for people.

That is so true.
Really…..what a laugh!!!

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #1006 on: June 10, 2020, 09:41:55 PM »
Yeah I'm really ruining dinosaurs for everyone. Spot on there

It's totally legitimate research to tie what are basically plungers on chickens to find out whether or not they walk like a t-rex dragon. You really got me in a bind here.

Timeisup

« Reply #1007 on: June 11, 2020, 12:22:45 AM »

It's totally legitimate research to tie what are basically plungers on chickens to find out whether or not they walk like a t-rex dragon. You really got me in a bind here.

Your position is not based on anything other that your own inbuilt obsession. As I have stated on many occasions if you were really serious about finding the truth out you could easily do some real research by visiting trackways and standing in the fossilised footprints of the creatures that you deny existed......

The other pertinent question is, what motivates a denialist like yourself to take up a position that is so obviously wrong?  What do you hope to achieve? Dinosaurs along with all the thousands of other species that once existed are a reality of our ancient past.

What is your position on all the known fossil beds? Do they exist or do you think it’s all some palaeontological hoax?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fossil_sites
Really…..what a laugh!!!

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1008 on: June 11, 2020, 05:19:19 AM »

I don't think you are ruining dinosaurs for anyone but yourself.  That's what I find sad.  The rest of us find them pretty awe-inspiring.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #1009 on: July 08, 2020, 09:56:29 AM »
In Edmonton, there once was a dinosaur dig exposition on the side of a hill by the river, Right by the "convention center" that has large underground  rooms for concerts/ festival, its kindof neat "the festival of trees" at christmas you can go wander around and (buy stuff?). Any way, they discovered the veloceraptor at this place, i believe. Now, it is a chinese garden, and they have redirected the subway to come out of the ground and cross the river right hear. this is south by several blocks from the china town.
Tell us more.
Oh i got a good one, right across the river, while building the bridge they found a giant piece of concrete submerged in the river bank, apparently having no records of it. The flood plane opposite the chinese garden has glass pyrmamids green houses you can walk around in.

The concrete was a bit bigger than a car, i think but i'm not sure. There was a vid on youtube, but i can no longer find it, something about halting construction. It was below the water.

Are you trying to make a point as to this thread? If so, what might it be?
I' haven't kept up with this thread, regretfully because the topic i find almos as fascinating as the flat earth itself, but if the topic is dinosaurs made in china, you must be able to see the relevance:
1-city builds underground lair
2-city finds dinosaurs in parking lot and creates exposition "the greatest show unearthed"
3-Chinese association buys land and sets up chinese garden in said location
4-city continues to dig extensively in area creating tunnel network for train
5- another piece of ancient debris "concrete "lump?" albeit potentially man made is located at site
6-previously built in vicinity: pyramids

Please explain what you mean make a point? reeally pls explain, i don't wanna bother anyone, unless it's the naysayers on the fes website, then i don't really care, cause like what the heck are you even doin here?

i think anyone invetigating this topic would find this at least amusing although admittedly, what conclusion can be drawn, i don't know. Maybe its is or was deemed a special place and they are trying to bless it with dragon balls.

Sorry Guys, i think that was kindof racist for me to have said they are trying to bless the place with dragon balls because they built a chinese garden. I can't confrim there are even any dragon statues at this place.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 09:58:36 AM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs