IMHO this website is suffering from:
"An infestation of trolls."

LOL
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

chtwrone

• Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again
Re: Someone explain the basics
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 07:04:14 PM »
Well, I tried. If that's the level of intelligence on this website I'll just leave.
Look in a mirror . Thats one of the instruments that will  prove the earth is not spherical. The second is the hydraulics of water.

Please explain about the mirror, I'm not sure I understand. Also the hydraulics bit, you can't just say something is proof and then not explain why it is.
Square 90o off a plumb bob. Marking two parallel lines  Or you can use a water hose leveling method to mark your  parallel lines .now set up a series of  mirrors to reflect those lines  at right angles back to the starting point.  The conclusion seen from the result is self explanatory. Theres no curviture.

How far apart are your reference points? 

The earth is a VERY big spherical ball - the distance will need to be quite big to show any curvature.

I suppose when you look down your street, you actually think that the earth's curvature should be noticeable over a few hundred feet, and when you can't see any, you automatically assume the earth must be flat?

The higher you go above the earth's surface, the more noticeable the earth's curvature becomes. This view from the International Space Station is a good example.

Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2015, 07:15:29 PM »
Well, I tried. If that's the level of intelligence on this website I'll just leave.
Look in a mirror . Thats one of the instruments that will  prove the earth is not spherical. The second is the hydraulics of water.

Please explain about the mirror, I'm not sure I understand. Also the hydraulics bit, you can't just say something is proof and then not explain why it is.
Square 90o off a plumb bob. Marking two parallel lines  Or you can use a water hose leveling method to mark your  parallel lines .now set up a series of  mirrors to reflect those lines  at right angles back to the starting point.  The conclusion seen from the result is self explanatory. Theres no curviture.

The earth is a VERY big spherical ball - the distance will need to be quite big to show any curvature.

I suppose when you look down your street, you actually think that the earth's curvature should be noticeable over a few hundred feet, and when you can't see any, you automatically assume the earth must be flat?

The higher you go above the earth's surface, the more noticeable the earth's curvature becomes. This view from the International Space Station is a good example.

Charles is just going to say there is no ISS and the picture is just CGI. LOL.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2015, 02:41:38 AM »
I find it ridiculous & extremely childish  that you can believe the earth to be spherical & rotating. I've never been asked to factor in a curviture to the footings of any fixture I have built, in my life time .

How big were the footings you have built in area and/or linear dimension? Unless they're really big and, even then, really critical, earth curvature doesn't even approach other measurement error, so it isn't significant and need not be considered.

I dont know how you would accomplish that. What would be your highest or lowest point to start at & at what portions of the attempted leveling , would you calculate this curviture you say exsists .

The projects where it does matter will be done by people who do know how to accomplish that. So your not being involved in them makes a lot of sense.

As for gold, oil, diamonds & a goods  law book on the principles of  honest goods trading that offers redemption.  Well I'd take that over my sole being traded in to debt slavery with no redemption . Any day of the week. Like seriously , who wants to be the living dead, a phucken fictional legal zombie in this world .

What does any of that rant have to do with the shape of the Earth?
You must be one of those phucken zombies that likes having their ass pimped , day in & day out. Tell me ,are you sailing up hill or down hill on a 1000  square mile lake .
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 06:26:20 AM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2015, 02:48:07 AM »
Holy shit.
I cannot believe what I've just read. There are a million things whizzing through my mind right now, mainly how stupidly ridiculous this whole theory is,  and I honestly don't have the time to write it all out in an argument. I just can't believe that there are actual existing people that believe that the Earth is flat.. I think I need to lie down..

Can I just confirm that this website isn't some kind of joke? Because I'd feel really stupid if it was, because this is insane.

If you have been a visitor to this website  for any length of time you will come to the conclusion that. -Quote-: " This website is either a  big (deleted by censor) or a big (deleted by censor)."- Unquote. Check it out on the Internet.

I can't cite that quotation for fear of getting a warning or getting banned. Any mention of (deleted by censor) earth facts are only permitted in the "Debate Section."

That "god person" is giving good persons a bad name by all his self-righteous ranting and raving. He is the one who should be banned.....permanently. He is giving this website a bad name. Just IMHO, that is. I could be wrong, but I admit when I am wrong unlike some people on this website.
Send me a personal message of that deleted by censor & I will post it . If they ban me over it or beat up on me for it , then i will just have to wear it & concluded  shit happens when you party naked.

This website is either "one big HOAX" or "one big JOKE".
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2015, 03:02:53 AM »

Charles is just going to say there is no ISS and the picture is just CGI. LOL.
Could you please tell me how they got that  bit of modern sculptural art , to that altatude & assembled ?or are we suppose to believe that piece  of unbelievable fashioned crap. Flu up there like that.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:09:53 AM by charles bloomington »

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2015, 03:24:15 AM »
And while your at it, could you provide some evidence of what took the photo of that bit  of supposed orbiting junk.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 06:20:48 AM by charles bloomington »

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2015, 05:09:13 AM »

There is no logical proof or even explanation. It is just extremely childish and ridiculous. There is no reason to believe in the Earth being flat.

To me the illogical thing would be to believe the world is round, and most rational adults would reject the idea if they were not taught that Earth is round since kindergarten. The RE model goes against everything we observe in our daily lives and we have gone through them all many times such as:

Gravity- Water doesn't cling to a ball. Somehow this pretend force is all around us and keeps the entire universe perfectly in order.

Rotation of the Earth -  If the Earth is rotating then flights going the opposite direction of the rotation should take less time than those going the same direction.

Curvature- Where is the curvature??

The list goes on and on...

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2015, 06:56:00 AM »
Tell me ,are you sailing up hill or down hill on a 1000  square mile lake .

Neither. The elevation is the same everywhere on the surface for all practical purposes. Didn't you know this?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2015, 07:32:23 AM »

There is no logical proof or even explanation. It is just extremely childish and ridiculous. There is no reason to believe in the Earth being flat.

To me the illogical thing would be to believe the world is round, and most rational adults would reject the idea if they were not taught that Earth is round since kindergarten. The RE model goes against everything we observe in our daily lives and we have gone through them all many times such as:

Gravity- Water doesn't cling to a ball.
It does when it's in free fall.

Rotation of the Earth -  If the Earth is rotating then flights going the opposite direction of the rotation should take less time than those going the same direction.
Why do you think this is true? Do you believe that once you leave the surface, your momentum immediately vanishes? It doesn't.

Here's an example. It's a photo of Chicago from across Lake Michigan. It was initially presented on these forums by a flat-earther.

In it you can see only the tops of the very tallest buildings. Where is the rest of the Chicago skyline? It is behind the curved surface of the water.

How come you omitted:

Sunrise. How does that work?

Sunset. How does that work?

Circumpolar stars around the northern and southern celestial poles, but the separation between the stars in the sky doesn't change. How does that work?

The horizon. How would that happen?

Oh, yeah... those are all easy to with a spherical earth, not so much if the Earth were flat. No wonder you "forgot" to ask about them.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2015, 01:44:50 AM »

Neither. The elevation is the same everywhere on the surface for all practical purposes. Didn't you know this?
For all practical purposes the elevation is the same everywhere on the surface ,what sort of shit talking double talk  is that. Your ether sailing  on a flat lake or your sailing up or down on a spherical curvature.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2015, 02:38:11 AM »

For all practical purposes the elevation is the same everywhere on the surface ,what sort of shit talking double talk  is that. Your ether sailing  on a flat lake or your sailing up or down on a spherical curvature.

The height plane curves together with the water. Or rather, the water curves with the height plane. Your distance to the center of the earth will not change. Maybe with a few hundreds of a millimeter due to earth's oblateness.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2015, 05:26:29 AM »

The height plane curves together with the water. Or rather, the water curves with the height plane. Your distance to the center of the earth will not change. Maybe with a few hundreds of a millimeter due to earth's oblateness.
The hight plane curves together with the water .Are you on drugs . Have you been to the center of the earth ?
Has anyone you know been to the center of the earth ? Has any instrument for measuring been to the center of the earth. Because if the answer to those three question is no. Then your just full of shit . With a retarded imagination.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2015, 05:36:20 AM »

The hight plane curves together with the water .Are you on drugs . Have you been to the center of the earth ?
Has anyone you know been to the center of the earth ? Has any instrument for measuring been to the center of the earth. Because if the answer to those three question is no. Then your just full of shit . With a retarded imagination.

If earth is a sphere, then it has a center. The distance to the center is the height. You don't need to be there to know this, it's a geometrical fact. Because of gravity, bodies of water on earth has a surface that curves with the height plane. Otherwise it would be unstable.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2015, 06:09:18 AM »
[qote author=Master_Evar link=topic=64546.msg1720365#msg1720365 date=1443357380]

If earth is a sphere, then it has a center. The distance to the center is the height. You don't need to be there to know this, it's a geometrical fact. Because of gravity, bodies of water on earth has a surface that curves with the height plane. Otherwise it would be unstable.
[/quote]
So the answer was no no & no. If earth is a sphere !!!!!! & if your aunty only had balls she would be your uncle.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2015, 06:39:06 AM »

So the answer was no no & no. If earth is a sphere !!!!!! & if your aunty only had balls she would be your uncle.

You had a problem with a spherical earth, so when we look at the problem we have to assume the earth is spherical, otherwise it'd be a problem with the flat earth. Got it?

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2015, 07:07:37 AM »

You had a problem with a spherical earth, so when we look at the problem we have to assume the earth is spherical, otherwise it'd be a problem with the flat earth. Got it?
I havent got the problem.  You have the problem  , your just making shit up. Now thats a fact!!!!!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2015, 07:40:15 AM »

I havent got the problem.  You have the problem  , your just making shit up. Now thats a fact!!!!!
You had a query, it is stated in the first quote. Someone answered, you called it BS for no reason, I explain to you, you call it BS for no reason, I explain why it is not BS, you resort to personal insults. I guess that's just your personality though.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2015, 05:03:55 AM »

You had a query, it is stated in the first quote. Someone answered, you called it BS for no reason, I explain to you, you call it BS for no reason, I explain why it is not BS, you resort to personal insults. I guess that's just your personality though.
You have nothing but IF,s!!!!!! . You have provided  no tangible fiscical evidenced fact . Its all if.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2015, 06:33:00 AM »

You have nothing but IF,s!!!!!! . You have provided  no tangible fiscical evidenced fact . Its all if.
Your query didn't require evidence. And mathematically, what I said is correct.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2015, 03:05:26 AM »
There is more to the world than science. God's word may be trusted more than any of that and any other lies spread by demons, and God tells us that the world is flat.

But Thor tells me the earth is shaped like a teddy bear. And Thor is the Almighty Father. None can oppose him.

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2015, 03:07:23 AM »
Look at how much mainstream science has gotten wrong in the past. Almost everything being taught is a theory built upon another theory.

If all of science is nothing more than an amalgam of popular guesses,  where is the harm in doubting the established RE theory of our world?

I'm not sure all knowledge of the physical world is just a guess.

It boils down to observation and common sense.

Also, what do you mean?

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2015, 03:12:36 AM »

Gravity- Water doesn't cling to a ball. Somehow this pretend force is all around us and keeps the entire universe perfectly in order.

If you're trying to comment on whether some description of gravity is true by saying that water doesn't cling to a ball, presumably a small toy ball, i'm not sure whether it reflects on gravity, because gravity doesn't say that water ought to cling to small toy balls.

Also gravity and the shape of the earth aren't intrinsically linked. The earth could be flat and there could be gravity, or not. The earth could be round and there could be gravity, or not. The earth could be shaped like Batman and there could be gravity, or not.

Also, the idea that the earth is round doesn't go against everything in one's experience.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:15:15 AM by SisyphusTheElder »

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2015, 03:37:47 AM »

2+2 =4 but thats only correct under the terms of reference the calculation is being applyed to. Your putting the cart before the horse & then claiming the horse is pulling the cart.  Do you not comprehend that ?

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2015, 03:59:27 AM »

2+2 =4 but thats only correct under the terms of reference the calculation is being applyed to. Your putting the cart before the horse & then claiming the horse is pulling the cart.  Do you not comprehend that ?

How did I "put the cart before the horse" with my statement?

Height is distance above something, right? If we assume the earth to be a sphere, then the best reference point to describe height would be the center, as you can't be below the center. Then, distance to the center becomes height. Everything at the same distance from the center is at the same height. Was something hard to understand with this?

You seemed to think that if the earth was spherical, then going by a boat over a body of water will result in a change in altitude. But because of gravity, the water at the surface will form a surface that follows the surface of a sphere (otherwise it would be unstable). And from the surface of a sphere, mathematically every point will be at the same distance from the center. So there will be no change in height.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2015, 05:14:59 AM »

Height is distance above something, right? If we assume the earth to be a sphere, then the best reference point to describe height would be the center, as you can't be below the center. Then, distance to the center becomes height. Everything at the same distance from the center is at the same height. Was something hard to understand with this?

You seemed to think that if the earth was spherical, then going by a boat over a body of water will result in a change in altitude. But because of gravity, the water at the surface will form a surface that follows the surface of a sphere (otherwise it would be unstable). And from the surface of a sphere, mathematically every point will be at the same distance from the center. So there will be no change in height.

Cart before the horse . In pink.You can't claim something to be true  , if your basis is just an assumption. Then go on to claim that an assumption is  fact.

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2015, 05:33:20 AM »

The elevation on a lake is the same everywhere on the surface of a lake if it were flat as well as if it were round.

Also, the water in a lake would on the surface assume the shape of the earth regardless of whether the earth is flat and the earth is accelerating upwards at 9.8 m/s^2, as the site owner says, or if it were round and there is gravity. And in either case, the force of UA or gravity wouldn't accelerate you as if you were going downhill. It would press your boat up against the water.

So everything you're saying applies to both the idea that the earth is round and the idea that the earth is flat.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2015, 06:11:07 AM »

Cart before the horse . In pink.You can't claim something to be true  , if your basis is just an assumption. Then go on to claim that an assumption is  fact.
I CAN in fact claim something to be true if something else is true. And I did NOT base anything on the assumption that the earth is round. I said that if we assume the earth is round, then this is how it would work, according to math. I based my claim on math. You gotta actually try to understand what it is you are reading.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2015, 06:49:58 AM »
Charles...
So... using YOUR logic...

Have you been under the earth? Has anyone you know been under the earth? Has any instrument for measuring been under the earth? Because if the answer to those three questions is no, then your just full of shit - with a retarded imagination.

Hmm... nice logic...

So the answer was no no & no. If earth is flat !!!!!! & if your aunty only had balls she would be your uncle.

Sound familiar? Are you going argue with YOUR own logic?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:54:27 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2015, 08:14:10 AM »
Charles...
So... using YOUR logic...

Have you been under the earth? Has anyone you know been under the earth? Has any instrument for measuring been under the earth? Because if the answer to those three questions is no, then your just full of shit - with a retarded imagination.

Hmm... nice logic...

So the answer was no no & no. If earth is flat !!!!!! & if your aunty only had balls she would be your uncle.

Sound familiar? Are you going argue with YOUR own logic?
I dont have to go under the earth or to the center of the earth. Ya cock head!!!! . I only have to look at your bullshit globe & its land & water mass distribution. Do a ruff calculation of that mass distrabution & the atomic weight variants . To know the spherical rotating earth is not feasible, probable & not possible. Its totally made up nonsence.