Woudln't this totally debunk everything?

• 75 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Woudln't this totally debunk everything?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 09:11:32 PM »
So today the Earth isn't infinite Tom?

The sun's affect on the earth is a round spotlight. The infinite planes are shrouded in perpetual darkness.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 09:13:31 PM by Tom Bishop »

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 09:12:33 PM »

The sun is a spotlight. The infinite planes are shrouded in perpetual darkness.

Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claim?
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

Jimmy Crackhorn

• Not the Physics Wiz everyone else seems to be here
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2007, 09:15:25 PM »

The sun's affect on the earth is a round spotlight. The infinite planes are shrouded in perpetual darkness.
And the stars?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2007, 09:16:37 PM »
And the stars?

The stars in such images are washed out due to the brightness of the earth.

?

nicolin

• Romania
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2007, 09:22:43 PM »

Really Tom, you SHOULD be paying more attentio to other threads:
My question:
This is a spotlight:

This is not:

On FE sun acts like a spotlight.  This doesn't happen in winter.
Explain that!
Curat murdar, Coane Fanica!

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2007, 09:23:05 PM »
So at nighttime we are in perpetual darkness?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2007, 09:24:33 PM »
Explain that!

You are assuming that the areas of light and dark on FE must reflect the prediction by Round Earth Theory.

You're wrong.

So at nighttime we are in perpetual darkness?

Do you live on the endless icy tundra beyond the spotlight of the sun? If so, yes.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 09:29:59 PM by Tom Bishop »

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2007, 09:25:32 PM »
So when China should be in light it should be in dark?

Call them up and ask them Tom.

Jimmy Crackhorn

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2007, 09:27:40 PM »
And the stars?

The stars in such images are washed out due to the brightness of the earth.
Well, yeah, in images, but what about the personal observers who actually see them?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2007, 09:29:01 PM »

I don't need to. I already know that China will receive the periods of light and darkness predicted by Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham

Well, yeah, in images, but what about the personal observers who actually see them?

Who has seen stars from the edge of space?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2007, 09:30:37 PM »

I don't need to. I already know that China will receive the periods of light and darkness predicted by Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham

Really, so if you're right call up some weather stations and ask them if it's light out.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2007, 09:36:17 PM »
Really, so if you're right call up some weather stations and ask them if it's light out.

Why should I do that when I already know that Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham has accurately predicted the length of day and night the continents of the earth experience throughout the year?

Jimmy Crackhorn

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2007, 09:37:31 PM »

Well Tom, this thread is about commerical space flights. Let's review, you said it wouldn't matter because the sun wouldn't shine on the infinite ice wall and it would look like dark space. I then asked what about the stars people would see in the dark space on the commercial space flight. What about the stars?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2007, 09:39:47 PM »
Here.  It's real simple.  Call up me in the midwest on December 22 or somebody else and see if they get mad because it's the f-ing crack of dawn.

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2007, 09:43:16 PM »
Really Tom.  Compare.

Please reread my post. I said that there is elliptical curvature from the edge of space. The edge of space is located about 100 miles up.

Curvature comes from the fact that on a flat earth we are looking down at a circle. The Ice Wall and other continents of the earth are still tens of thousands of miles away horizontally from the observer at an altitude of 100 miles (edge of space), and thus beyond the resolution of the human eye and merged with the line of the horizon, indiscernible. This is why the view is limited to the immediate vicinity below the observer.

We can confirm that we are looking down at the circle of the earth by noting that shots from amature high altitude balloons show an elliptical horizon. If the earth were a globe, all curvature seen in photographs would appear as an arc of a circle. The only pictures which show the horizon as an arc of a circle are NASA's Apollo shots. The Round Earth image in this thread, for example, was allegedly taken from Apollo 17. The Apollo missions were a space-race conspiracy and never happened.
Wrong. We are not looking down at a circle in your FET. We're looking at an infinite plane. There's no reason to assume that it'd appear as the arc of an ellipse. Prove it.

Wrong. We are looking at the projection of a sphere onto a photograph. Such a projection is an ellipse. We see only part of the ellipse, so we see only an arc of an ellipse. RE is sound. Do pay attention.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2007, 09:45:35 PM »
Well Tom, this thread is about commerical space flights. Let's review, you said it wouldn't matter because the sun wouldn't shine on the infinite ice wall and it would look like dark space. I then asked what about the stars people would see in the dark space on the commercial space flight. What about the stars

Stars are not visible from the edge of space because of excessive light pollution from the earth. Stars do not appear at all.

Here.  It's real simple.  Call up me in the midwest on December 22 or somebody else and see if they get mad because it's the f-ing crack of dawn.

That does not happen because the spotlight of the sun is a consistent circle, only growing and shrinking slightly throughout the year due to the sun moving up and down in altitude.

Wrong. We are not looking down at a circle in your FET. We're looking at an infinite plane. There's no reason to assume that it'd appear as the arc of an ellipse. Prove it.

The spotlight of the sun is a circle. When you look down at a circle you are looking at an arc of an ellipse.

For proof of that, please revisit High School Geometry.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 09:48:16 PM by Tom Bishop »

Jimmy Crackhorn

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2007, 09:47:17 PM »
Well Tom, this thread is about commerical space flights. Let's review, you said it wouldn't matter because the sun wouldn't shine on the infinite ice wall and it would look like dark space. I then asked what about the stars people would see in the dark space on the commercial space flight. What about the stars

Stars are not visible from the edge of space because of excessive light pollution from the earth. Stars do not appear at all.

I concede unless someone proves him otherwise.

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2007, 09:47:25 PM »

Why should I do that when I already know that Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham has accurately predicted the length of day and night the continents of the earth experience throughout the year?
TomB lies again. Rowbotham makes no such predictions. FE can't predict sunrise or sunset anywhere. Don't even try to tell us that it can do so accurately. Geesh!

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2007, 09:51:37 PM »

Wrong again. Stars are visible from the edge of space. The proper exposure and direction to the shot is required, nothing more. You're a fool.

That does not happen because the spotlight of the sun is a consistent circle, only growing and shrinking slightly throughout the year due to the sun moving up and down in altitude.
Wrong. In FE, the spotlight is not a consistent circle. You don't even know your own theory. You're sad.

The spotlight of the sun is a circle. When you look down at a circle you are looking at an arc of an ellipse.
Wrong. The spotlight of the sun is not a circle in FE.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:12:38 PM by Gulliver »

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2007, 09:53:04 PM »

For proof of that, please revisit High School Geometry.
I remind you of your claim that in RE the view of the Earth from the edge of space would be [only] the arc of a circle. Prove it.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2007, 09:54:30 PM »
There is no problem in Flat Earth Theory with an observer seeing an apparently curved horizon from the edge of space.
Wrong. There is a problem in that the curve doesn't appear in the shape or location the FE predicts.

FE predicts an ellipse. RE predicts an arc of a circle.

You will find that the vast majority of curvature shots from high altitude balloon shots take the form of an ellipse.

How does Round Earth Theory explain that?
Easily explained. You're a liar. RE does not predict an arc of a circle, but a ellipse. You fail, again.

At least you're right about the easy targets.   :D
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2007, 09:54:44 PM »

I concede unless someone proves him otherwise.
He's wrong. You just have to point the camera away from the bright objects (Earth) and set the exposure appropriately. There are tons of photographic evidence dating back to the early balloon flights.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2007, 10:06:35 PM »
Here is a group of pictures originally based on RE representing the equinoxes and solstices.  I have put circles in them in order to cover all major continents with the required light, excluding the Ice Wall.  Hmmm, on FE that's a whole bunch of extra light.

Tom Bishop is a Moderator Again!!!!
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2007, 10:14:39 PM »
Hey, when I just caught TomB is a major screw-up. He deleted his wrong post and my post pointing it out. They've given a moron keys to the kingdom!

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2007, 10:16:16 PM »
Thank God.  Maybe things'll get fun around here again.   ;D
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Jimmy Crackhorn

Re: Tom Bishop is a Moderator Again!!!!
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2007, 10:21:55 PM »
Hey, when I just caught TomB is a major screw-up. He deleted his wrong post and my post pointing it out. They've given a moron keys to the kingdom!
You act like you're surprised. And how did he delete your post?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2007, 10:23:13 PM »
But he's not a mod anymo...

Jimmy Crackhorn

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2007, 10:25:24 PM »
But he's not a mod anymo...
Where'd your thread go?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2007, 10:26:04 PM »
I deleted it and made these better ones above^.

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2007, 10:26:54 PM »
For the FE bottom image you have the sun in its Northern Annulus. This is incorrect. During the winter the sun is in its Southern Annulus.
Oh, do tell us please how you determined that the Sun was in its Northern Annulus in the image. I think you're lying, again.

The above is my post that disappeared. Note the TomB's post that I quoted is gone too. Perhaps it's just a bug in SMF that when Trekky deleted his post a number of others got trashed too.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:28:44 PM by Gulliver »