FEers, try to tackle this for me

• 60 Replies
« on: September 10, 2007, 03:29:17 PM »
I saw sumone mention this before, but i 4get who it is....so, without futher ado

*trumpets*

The perpetual antartic day and night!!!Woo!

Explain why, on a flat earth night and day can last weeks on the antarctic continent???

On RE, this is caused by the euqinoxes (when the sun is right above the tropics)

Even if there was, the sun would appear to shrink and grow in one section of the sky instead of revolving around you would it not?
No problem solved in the least--and you only had to eliminate an entire continent to fail to accomplish it.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
Re: FEers, try to tackle this for me
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 03:34:17 PM »

I tried but my computer screen got in the way

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 03:35:51 PM »

I tried but my computer screen got in the way

aw....well it was a good try, now can you explain my question 8)
No problem solved in the least--and you only had to eliminate an entire continent to fail to accomplish it.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 03:45:13 PM »
An Arctic day and night as well as and Antarctic night are extremely possible.  What is NOT is an Antarctic day.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 03:46:42 PM »
  What is NOT is an Antarctic day.
thats what i said  :o

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 03:48:07 PM »
I saw sumone mention this before, but i 4get who it is....so, without futher ado

*trumpets*

Explain why, on a flat earth night and day can last weeks on the antarctic continent???

On RE, this is caused by the euqinoxes (when the sun is right above the tropics)

Even if there was, the sun would appear to shrink and grow in one section of the sky instead of revolving around you would it not?

God causes the days and nights to last longer, obviously.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 03:48:31 PM »

*trumpets*

?

Derek

• Poor, poor stranded and big gigantic poem man
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 03:49:25 PM »
I've been out too long to pretend to be the master in this. I hope somebody who knows more than me responds, 'cause I love feeding speculatory BS and destroying the FE theory on accident. :(

So, uh, yeah, word the question so I can do a little research on it and get back to you?

- Derek
Quote from: EvilToothpaste
In that case, lets get back to our civilized discussion:  I'm right.   :D

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 03:51:53 PM »
Why if the Ice Wall, or Antarctica, is a rim, can the sun illuminate all of it yet still have night on the Earth?

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 03:52:06 PM »
what im trying to ask is..why is there a day or night that lasts more than 24 on antarctica (i guess there isnt a night, but there should be during the spring equinox??)

?

Derek

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 03:55:13 PM »
That's one I know, the sun isn't that big, nor is the earth that small. It's not like the earth shrinks because you (we) believe it's flat- it still takes ages to fly from point A to B.

Picture it more like shining a flashlight across a large room into a mirror. Yes- it'll light something up, no- it won't light up the whole room.

- Derek

?

Derek

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 03:56:15 PM »
..you posted too fast for me, that was for the.. Simpsons guy. I'll get back to you in a second.

And yes, I'm too lazy to quote.

- Derek

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 03:56:35 PM »
ok let me word it like this, stand on antarctica during that fall enquinox. observe the sun go 360 around you. why does it do that???

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 04:15:27 PM »
Picture of antarctic day on FE:

?

Derek

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 04:17:11 PM »
Oh. I just realized that peeking at the FES Map explains this, and, to some degree, the FAQ, allow me to re-state and speculate- again, don't make me the master at this.

First, Antartica is the ice wall. Nobody is going to stand there and witness an equinox.
But since that's hardly a valid arguement, let's place ourselves near the artic region, near the centre of the earth. FEers believe in general, as far as I've been taught, that the earth is flat, and the other bodies of matter are spiralling around it near the central point which, through speculation, is where we are standing.

The movement of the sun and moon (and other celestial bodies at slower rates, due to further distances) are not unlike the belief of orbit that RE's believe the other celesial bodies follow in the RE theory; that being an eliptical pattern with a semi-shifting focal point. If you are standing at the artics, you see simply the sun banking on the edge of it's shift. It's not exactly different from the RE theory.

I also used big words, so.. see? I'm smart. Point out my mistakes so I can use small words and try not to get distracted.

- Derek

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 04:17:29 PM »
where is antarctica in this shot, and why does the ice wall have  a serial sumber date and website stamped on it?

?

Derek

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 04:19:21 PM »
-_- Look at the map on the FAQ.

Antartica = Ice Wall.

Yeesh.

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 04:20:04 PM »
That's one I know, the sun isn't that big, nor is the earth that small. It's not like the earth shrinks because you (we) believe it's flat- it still takes ages to fly from point A to B.

Picture it more like shining a flashlight across a large room into a mirror. Yes- it'll light something up, no- it won't light up the whole room.

- Derek
Wrong. It will illuminate the entire room. Light from the flashlight will bounce off of each wall. Any observer from any position in the room will see light. Try it for yourself. Take the time to let your eyes adjust.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 04:21:51 PM »
The problem is the Antarctic day, not the Arctic.

See the weird sunlight shape?  It's quite distorted for a spotlight.

?

Derek

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 04:22:36 PM »
It will not illuminate the room as bright as the light immediately hitting the mirror is. ie; daytime. I'm not saying it's completely dark at night, it's simply less bright.

- Derek

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 04:23:26 PM »
-_- Look at the map on the FAQ.

Antartica = Ice Wall.

Yeesh.
Wrong. The Ice Wall is allegedly in Antarctica. They are not the same in FE. Do try to keep up, or at least try to be less pompous until you remember your own theory. Geesh.

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 04:24:29 PM »
ok so antarctica is the ice wall. that doesnt destroy any beliefs about the earth at all. but it definiatly isnt what i asked. i want to know about perpetual sunlight on antarctica. it seems to me that you managed to get uot of this by getting rid of antarctica all together. unless i misunderstand

?

Derek

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 04:25:26 PM »
I still tried to be thorough. The accurate response would be, "There is no antartica."

So, There is no antartica. Antartica does not have days.

Problem solved.

- Derek

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 04:25:54 PM »
Getting rid of Antarctica still doesn't explain the magical sun spotlight... ;D

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 04:26:28 PM »
It will not illuminate the room as bright as the light immediately hitting the mirror is. ie; daytime. I'm not saying it's completely dark at night, it's simply less bright.

- Derek

The hallmark of a liar: contradicting yourself in a few posts.

- Derek

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »

- Derek

The hallmark of a liar: contradicting yourself in a few posts.

- Derek

uh-oh derik  :-X

?

Derek

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 04:28:07 PM »
Two things while I keep up.

1: I already said I don't know everything, not exceping the theory. This is my speculation, like I said. Don't be dumb. If I want to be a pompous asshole, I'll just ask you to prove your beliefs to me. I'm too lazy to be -that- stupid yet.

2: They are the same.

3: I'm missing your question now, Mister Trekkie. Tell me what I'm looking up

- Derek

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 04:28:51 PM »
I still tried to be thorough. The accurate response would be, "There is no antartica."

So, There is no antartica. Antartica does not have days.

Problem solved.

- Derek
Wrong.

1) Clearly falsifiable. Over 100 tourists travel to the South Pole annually.
2) Even without Antarctica, you still have to explain the austral Midnight Sun.

?

Derek

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 04:30:37 PM »
Well, at least 500 women sleep with me every week.

Does it seem obscene to you? Why am I not allowed the same spectisicm?

By the way, it's true ;)
- Derek

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 04:31:14 PM »
Two things while I keep up.

1: I already said I don't know everything, not exceping the theory. This is my speculation, like I said. Don't be dumb. If I want to be a pompous asshole, I'll just ask you to prove your beliefs to me. I'm too lazy to be -that- stupid yet.

2: They are the same.

3: I'm missing your question now, Mister Trekkie. Tell me what I'm looking up

- Derek
1: Counting is an important skill.
2: Our beliefs are proven and documented in the RE Primer. I'll ask you to do the same.
3: No. They're not the same.