Dear conservatives,

• 30 Replies

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
Dear conservatives,
« on: January 15, 2018, 11:00:11 PM »
Don't you think its time to merge Flat Earth Q&A and Flat Earth General?
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
Re: Dear conservatives,
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 03:13:40 AM »

Your opinion means very little.
The two boards serve different purposes.
You're not even trying to make a case.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 01:06:15 PM »

Your opinion means very little.
The two boards serve different purposes.
You're not even trying to make a case.

I presented a very valid argument in favour of this, even using statistics and examples to back it up.
It was shouted down by Reverse Cowgirl because they don't like it when you suggest the framework they're using isn't actually perfect.

Oh BTW, your Obama icon is telling me I'm using a different ISP than the one I'm actually using. Thought you ought to know.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 01:20:58 PM »
That signature of his is wrong for almost everyone. It's betting on the fact that most people don't know their own IP address to question it

Merging the Q&A with general would not give SCG much to do. She likes or stick and bam hammers and the Q&A is an easy trap to fall foul in

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 02:30:54 PM »
That signature of his is wrong for almost everyone. It's betting on the fact that most people don't know their own IP address to question it

Merging the Q&A with general would not give SCG much to do. She likes or stick and bam hammers and the Q&A is an easy trap to fall foul in

Naw, it's just old. It worked prior to around 2012ish.

I am correct.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 03:05:32 PM »
You didn't get shouted down, Dino the melodramatic. You just didn't make a good argument. Also, I have no say in what forums stay or go or get merged.  AND ALSO, it's not my fault the angry globularists can't understand simple rules.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 06:17:46 AM »
They serve different purposes. If certain users would settle down and let it be used for that purpose, it'd be useful.
The flaw isn't with the sections being separate, it's with how people treat it.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 07:18:29 AM »
How many times do three particular members need to have the rules explained to them?

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 12:43:57 PM »
You didn't get shouted down, Dino the melodramatic. You just didn't make a good argument. Also, I have no say in what forums stay or go or get merged.  AND ALSO, it's not my fault the angry globularists can't understand simple rules.

This post here demonstrates how you simply haven't understood the problem with Q&A.
Q&A should be the best place to have your question answered. Instead, it's the worst.
You think it's because not enough people follow the rules.
If rules don't achieve anything, there's no point having them.
The rules in Q&A are achieving nothing beyond forcing you to move 83% of threads out of the section, and of those that remain, hardly any get answers.
Many more questions are actually answered in General and Debate. People who've been here more than a couple of months know that if we want to ask a question, we go to those sections, not Q&A.
I made a very good argument, you just seem to think that the purpose of Q&A is something other than to facilitate getting people's questions answered. It's by far the worst section at achieving that goal, largely down to the stupid rules.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 12:47:18 PM »
They serve different purposes. If certain users would settle down and let it be used for that purpose, it'd be useful.

If you think you can change that, you're deluded. The stupidly strict rules aren't acting as a deterrent. Your argument is like a police officer wailing, "Oh, if only criminals would stop committing crimes, then we wouldn't have to arrest anyone!"

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 02:42:02 PM »

If you think you can change that, you're deluded. The stupidly strict rules aren't acting as a deterrent. Your argument is like a police officer wailing, "Oh, if only criminals would stop committing crimes, then we wouldn't have to arrest anyone!"
Is the solution to that situation then to stop having laws???
The rules aren't particularly strict, if anything that's the problem. REers barely get a slap on the wrist and kick up a disproportionate fuss on the rare occasions they do.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 02:57:02 PM »
The people who understand and/or care about the rules don't break them in Q&A. New people sometimes need to be told what the forum is for, and sometimes people who've been here accidentally post there because they're using the "new post" thing. 

People who constantly complain about Q&A just want to shitpost there. Does it really bother you so much that there's an open forum where you're not allowed to insult flat earthers?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 03:04:40 PM »
There is of course a great plus to the Q&A and that is a place where JackBlack cant call everyone he disagrees with a pathetic, deluded, piece of shit etc. That guy is actually pretty nasty if you get him off side.

You all make valid points, but in order for the Q&A to work better as intended, more of the flat earthers need to go there and answer the questions asked. Afterall, it is the one section you can answer without fear of reprisal from AngryJack et al so answer away!

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 05:40:37 AM »
The rules in Q&A are achieving nothing beyond forcing you to move 83% of threads out of the section, and of those that remain, hardly any get answers.

Are these some of the hard-hitting statistics you were referring to?

Also, thank you for your concern and endeavors to lighten our workload, Neal, but if you really want to help then perhaps you could stop generating work for us by following the forum's rules?

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 12:52:45 PM »

Is the solution to that situation then to stop having laws???
The rules aren't particularly strict, if anything that's the problem. REers barely get a slap on the wrist and kick up a disproportionate fuss on the rare occasions they do.

Is the solution to stop having laws?
Yes, sometimes, in certain circumstances, or at least to modify them. I suggest reading up on the Prohibition era in the USA, and how well that worked out.

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 12:57:01 PM »
People who constantly complain about Q&A just want to shitpost there.

No, I complain about Q&A more than anyone else, but it's not because I want to shitpost there, it's because it's a redundant section that doesn't fulfil its brief half as well as General and Debate do.

Take a moment to digest that image and see if you can understand which path represents Q&A and which represents General/Debate.

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 01:01:55 PM »

Are these some of the hard-hitting statistics you were referring to?

Also, thank you for your concern and endeavors to lighten our workload, Neal, but if you really want to help then perhaps you could stop generating work for us by following the forum's rules?

Why are you asking me about the statistics? As a moderator, you're expected to know what you're talking about before wading in and mouthing off. Go back and read the previous thread I made regarding the uselessness of Q&A before belching out your nonsense.
But then, what should we expect from someone who can't spell Neil? Let alone realise that I'm not the one breaking the rules in Q&A?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 01:14:35 PM »
This thread should be moved to Pointless Ranting.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 02:08:24 PM »
it's because it's a redundant section that doesn't fulfil its brief half as well as General and Debate do.
Except it's not a redundant section because neither of the other sections fulfil the same role Q&A is meant to. The reason it doesn't fill its brief is down to the users, not the rules. If you want to compare to Prohibition, people wanted something they couldn't get; except in this case you can get that something. There are two whole sections dedicated to debating, it's just much more user-friendly to have one devoted to just getting answers without getting spammed by the same few specific users saying the same dull things.
If you want a better analogy for users of Q&A who're disobeying the rules, try:

I used to object to Q&A, but after actually using the site its use is pretty clear. There's definitely a few issues. Punishment for infractions, maybe a cheap question marks or something background to make sure people don't post accidentally, but none of that means the section should be scrapped. It's a good section, if REers would let it be used properly.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018, 02:14:04 PM »
RE'rs hate Q&A because they are not allowed to shit on it.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 02:38:34 PM »

I am correct.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 02:48:27 PM »
The only time people are punished for using Q&A improperly is if they keep on doing it after being warned a couple times, then it's only a 1 or 2 day bam. Most of the time it's just an honest mistake and they don't get punished at all.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »

Did you print a copy for your mommy to stick on the fridge?   ;)

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 03:04:05 PM »

*snip*

Did you print a copy for your mommy to stick on the fridge?   ;)

I put it on my fridge. :D

I am correct.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 11:21:50 PM »

In the newspaper, I leave the best bits to last - the cartoons.
Many of the FE answers in Q&A provide just as much comic relief, so they're left to last.

Then SCG usually moves it to some other forum and . . . . . . .

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 11:35:02 PM »
. . . life goes on.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 03:32:26 AM »
. . . life goes on.
And "Life Gets Tedious Don't It"

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 03:49:21 AM »
And "Life Gets Tedious Don't It"

;)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 09:50:32 PM »
If you really want to merge boards, then it would make much more sense to merge Q&A and Debate, seeing as the answers in Q&A invariably get debated.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2018, 12:28:12 PM »
If you really want to merge boards, then it would make much more sense to merge Q&A and Debate, seeing as the answers in Q&A invariably get debated.

[cowgirl]Yes, but that's because the nasty posterses won't stop debating, will they precious? Stupid fat posters! We told you they was tricksy, we told you they was false![/cowgirl]