If Earth is rotating

• 155 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: If Earth is rotating
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2015, 08:20:11 AM »
And how do they maintain a pressurized cabin if their windows are open?

I think that scepti thinks "pressurized" means that it contains air inside of it regardless of the relative pressure between the outside and the inside.

Seriously, if Sceptimatic resorts to some sort of personal attack or that we use "common sense and logic" to the  bus windows example, I rest my case and really believe that scepti lost again.

Yep, he did.

High five on crushing him again!
;D..this is desperate. Fell at the first hurdle. One day, try and use your brain. You do have one. It's not just for following pre-programs.

So is using semantics in a debate kiddo. Better luck next time.
I'd like to say nice effort but you've been extremely weak. Try again later. Take a back seat and let your pals have a go.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2015, 08:21:31 AM »

I think that scepti thinks "pressurized" means that it contains air inside of it regardless of the relative pressure between the outside and the inside.
Here's two questions. Answer only yes or no to both.

1. Are you in a pressurised environment right now?

2. If you sit on a bus are you in a pressurised environment?

Yes and yes.  How you figure out how much pressure is in a bus is inside pressure minus outside pressure, and both pressures are the same so the bus is not a presurized environment.  14.7 psi is a measurement of standard air pressure relative to a vacuum.  The reason why the equasion is what it is is because it outputs a force that is the net force that will be on the wall separating the two regions in question, which in this case are the inside of the bus and the outside of the bus.  The bus may contain air pressure, but it's not pressurized.
The bus is equally pressurised at rest. This is what I've been telling you. Inside and out are equalised. This is the only time it will be like this.
The bus is still pressurised in a pressurised environment.

Dictionary definition of presurized:
Brought to and maintained at an atmospheric pressure higher than that of the surroundings.

So no, a bus is not pressurized.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2015, 08:33:16 AM »

Yes and yes.  How you figure out how much pressure is in a bus is inside pressure minus outside pressure, and both pressures are the same so the bus is not a presurized environment.  14.7 psi is a measurement of standard air pressure relative to a vacuum.  The reason why the equasion is what it is is because it outputs a force that is the net force that will be on the wall separating the two regions in question, which in this case are the inside of the bus and the outside of the bus.  The bus may contain air pressure, but it's not pressurized.
The bus is equally pressurised at rest. This is what I've been telling you. Inside and out are equalised. This is the only time it will be like this.
The bus is still pressurised in a pressurised environment.

Dictionary definition of presurized:
Brought to and maintained at an atmospheric pressure higher than that of the surroundings.

So no, a bus is not pressurized.
You must try and learn to read and absorb what I say. It will be helpful to you. I'll say this once more, so you don't have to keep running to the aid of dictionary help and such.

The bus is in a pressurised environment at rest - EQUAL to the environment outside of it - when it is at rest.
Once in motion, this changes and the bus becomes your dictionary answer.

Read and understand this and we can move on.

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2015, 08:37:18 AM »
The bus is in a pressurised environment at rest - EQUAL to the environment outside of it - when it is at rest.
Make up your mind - is it pressurized or is it equal to it's surroundings?  You've just said it is both.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2015, 08:38:09 AM »
Make up your mind - is it pressurized or is it equal to it's surroundings?  You've just said it is both.

And how does it maintain its pressurization with its windows open.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2015, 08:39:55 AM »

Oh, you're being semantic. The last great bastion of Flat Earthers. At least we know we won this debate now that you are playing word games.
Actually you've won nothing. If you think you have, then show me by stumping me on what I'm saying. I've only just started with the ultimate basics that people like you cannot comprehend because your head is rammed too far inbetween mainstream science's buttocks.

Answer a simple question. Do you believe that velocity is measured relative to the observer or is an absolute measurement?
Velocity is velocity at whatever constant speed.

You have confirmed my suspicions that you are scientifically illiterate. You do not comprehend the relevant issues. If you can't grasp the difference between velocity being either a relative or absolute measurement then you are not in a position to talk about this. That much is apparent from the muddled and contradictory statements you are making.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2015, 08:43:08 AM »
Learn to read and absorb it. It's a common trait among you people to do neither.

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2015, 08:43:31 AM »

The problem of it can be solved by simply having a plane flying 1000mph opposite the rotation and so negating that 1000 mph atmosphere. So now the Earth would be spinning 1000 mph one way and not dragging the plane with it because the plane has negated that.
Now if the plane kept the 1000 mph up, then realistically, it would be hovering above the Earth, yet showing a speed of 1000mph on it's clock.

Now try and jump up in the air on the back of a speeding pick up truck and tell me where you land and where that pick up truck is when you land.
One place you won't be is on the back of it when you do land.

Oh boy. As I've said before, I hope for your sake that you're a troll. However, I shall I take you at your word.

Your arguments all assume that there is an absolute rest frame of reference. Or, to put it another way, that there is a speed which can be defined as absolute zero. There is no known physical way of defining such a thing. Any non accelerating observer can claim to be at rest in their own frame of reference. When an airplane takes off its speed is measured relative to the airport it took off from, regardless of what direction it's travelling in. Its speed relative to the centre of gravity of the entire Earth doesn't mean a thing. You seem to think that the centre of gravity of the entire Earth is at absolute rest and that all moving objects will eventually slow down of their own volition until they are at absolute rest as well. People thought that in the dark ages.
You should have saved yourself the bother typing this garbage. And don't assume I'm thinking anything about gravity, when if you took notice, you'd know I don't believe in it.

Now address what I said in a basic way without using stupidity and we can deal with it. If not, then take a back seat.

You simply had no idea what I was talking about here so you threw your toys out your pram. You should stop digging yourself deeper and deeper. Seriously, you are making a total fool of yourself.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2015, 08:44:14 AM »

And how does it maintain its pressurization with its windows open.
By the motion of it's body against the atmosphere it pushes against.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2015, 08:45:47 AM »

Oh, you're being semantic. The last great bastion of Flat Earthers. At least we know we won this debate now that you are playing word games.
Actually you've won nothing. If you think you have, then show me by stumping me on what I'm saying. I've only just started with the ultimate basics that people like you cannot comprehend because your head is rammed too far inbetween mainstream science's buttocks.

Answer a simple question. Do you believe that velocity is measured relative to the observer or is an absolute measurement?
Velocity is velocity at whatever constant speed.

You have confirmed my suspicions that you are scientifically illiterate. You do not comprehend the relevant issues. If you can't grasp the difference between velocity being either a relative or absolute measurement then you are not in a position to talk about this. That much is apparent from the muddled and contradictory statements you are making.
I'm in a perfect position to talk about anything I wish. I'm here doing it. Silly words from some dense clown does not change that. Go and make yourself a cup of tea and relax.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2015, 08:48:48 AM »

The problem of it can be solved by simply having a plane flying 1000mph opposite the rotation and so negating that 1000 mph atmosphere. So now the Earth would be spinning 1000 mph one way and not dragging the plane with it because the plane has negated that.
Now if the plane kept the 1000 mph up, then realistically, it would be hovering above the Earth, yet showing a speed of 1000mph on it's clock.

Now try and jump up in the air on the back of a speeding pick up truck and tell me where you land and where that pick up truck is when you land.

Oh boy. As I've said before, I hope for your sake that you're a troll. However, I shall I take you at your word.

Your arguments all assume that there is an absolute rest frame of reference. Or, to put it another way, that there is a speed which can be defined as absolute zero. There is no known physical way of defining such a thing. Any non accelerating observer can claim to be at rest in their own frame of reference. When an airplane takes off its speed is measured relative to the airport it took off from, regardless of what direction it's travelling in. Its speed relative to the centre of gravity of the entire Earth doesn't mean a thing. You seem to think that the centre of gravity of the entire Earth is at absolute rest and that all moving objects will eventually slow down of their own volition until they are at absolute rest as well. People thought that in the dark ages.
You should have saved yourself the bother typing this garbage. And don't assume I'm thinking anything about gravity, when if you took notice, you'd know I don't believe in it.

Now address what I said in a basic way without using stupidity and we can deal with it. If not, then take a back seat.

You simply had no idea what I was talking about here so you threw your toys out your pram. You should stop digging yourself deeper and deeper. Seriously, you are making a total fool of yourself.
It's fairly clear that you don't have a clue. Merely reading up on velocity does not mean you know what you're talking about. That's clear when I'm talking about a bus and pressure. What's your velocity got to do with it.
Explain or sit back and put your slippered feet up and watch a genius at work who will wipe the floor with your globalist friends.

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2015, 08:52:29 AM »
Learn to read and absorb it. It's a common trait among you people to do neither.
I read your contradictory sentence, which is precisely why I asked you to clarify.  When a bus is at rest is it pressurized or is it equal to it's surroundings?  You just said both, which doesn't make any sense.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2015, 08:54:38 AM »

It's fairly clear that you don't have a clue. Merely reading up on velocity does not mean you know what you're talking about. That's clear when I'm talking about a bus and pressure. What's your velocity got to do with it.
Explain or sit back and put your slippered feet up and watch a genius at work who will wipe the floor with your globalist friends.

You say this as if it was some sort of weight. You are saying contradictory concepts about pressure and you think you are a genius? What a little flaw there to miss and leave the "genius" part behind.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2015, 08:56:37 AM »
I read your contradictory sentence, which is precisely why I asked you to clarify.  When a bus is at rest is it pressurized or is it equal to it's surroundings?  You just said both, which doesn't make any sense.
Try reading it again. This is why you people never actually learn anything. This is why you people simply copy and paste all of your work.
Try using your own brain and logic to understand stuff instead of merely jumping in and acting like you don't have a brain at all. I know you do have one, so get it switched on or take a back seat in the bus.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2015, 08:59:43 AM »

You say this as if it was some sort of weight. You are saying contradictory concepts about pressure and you think you are a genius? What a little flaw there to miss and leave the "genius" part behind.
There's nothing contradictory. Your failure to understand it or your deliberate attempt to swerve it is not my concern and by no means changes my stance.
Try harder when dealing with a person of my superb genius logic.

« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2015, 09:01:28 AM »
Try reading it again.
Try answering, rather than avoiding the question.  You should really grow some balls one day.

This is what you said:

"The bus is in a pressurised environment at rest - EQUAL to the environment outside of it - when it is at rest."

It makes no sense.  To be pressurised means to be at pressure greater than the environment around it.  Yet your saying it is pressurised [band[/b] "EQUAL to the environment outside of it".  This is contradictory - I'm just trying to get you to clarify what you actually mean.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2015, 09:02:52 AM »
Try reading it again. This is why you people never actually learn anything. This is why you people simply copy and paste all of your work.
Try using your own brain and logic to understand stuff instead of merely jumping in and acting like you don't have a brain at all. I know you do have one, so get it switched on or take a back seat in the bus.

You must try and learn to read and absorb what I say. It will be helpful to you. I'll say this once more, so you don't have to keep running to the aid of dictionary help and such... ...Read and understand this and we can move on.

hmmmm

try to read. i've explained all of that. you're just too dense to see.
we know gps is not made by satellites, as satellites do not exist. we can then see that this is how they work. all pretty obvious stuff. i refer you to every post i have made in this thread.

nope. try reading. if you're going to respond, don't make shit up.
it's easy for old records to be faked (the government rewrites history, common knowledge, deal with it), and nasa only deal with some stars to maintain the illusion.

please try reading. i've never said every star is faked. some are just not visible when they should be, so nasa compensates.
stars exist: they are, like the sun and moon, spotlights, and fade with distance. i've no idea what you're trying to get at.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:04:39 AM by Lemmiwinks »
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2015, 09:05:47 AM »
Try reading it again.
Try answering, rather than avoiding the question.  You should really grow some balls one day.

This is what you said:

"The bus is in a pressurised environment at rest - EQUAL to the environment outside of it - when it is at rest."

It makes no sense.  To be pressurised means to be at pressure greater than the environment around it.  Yet your saying it is pressurised [band[/b] "EQUAL to the environment outside of it".  This is contradictory - I'm just trying to get you to clarify what you actually mean.

Answer these three questions with a yes or a no answer.

1. Are you in a pressurised environment?

2. If you are in a bus, are you in a pressurised environment?

3. Is that bus and yourself in a pressurised environment at rest that is equal to the environment outside of that bus, at rest?

Yes or no.
If no, then explain yourself.
If yes to all, then get your nut around it and stop being so dense.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2015, 09:07:44 AM »

You must try and learn to read and absorb what I say. It will be helpful to you. I'll say this once more, so you don't have to keep running to the aid of dictionary help and such... ...Read and understand this and we can move on.

hmmmm

we know gps is not made by satellites, as satellites do not exist. we can then see that this is how they work. all pretty obvious stuff. i refer you to every post i have made in this thread.

it's easy for old records to be faked (the government rewrites history, common knowledge, deal with it), and nasa only deal with some stars to maintain the illusion.

please try reading. i've never said every star is faked. some are just not visible when they should be, so nasa compensates.
stars exist: they are, like the sun and moon, spotlights, and fade with distance. i've no idea what you're trying to get at.
So...what job are you looking for now - now that you failed your detective training.  ;D

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2015, 09:10:16 AM »

hmmmm

So...what job are you looking for now - now that you failed your detective training.  ;D

Nah, just interesting that both of you only in the last 24 hours (well less than really) started opening every response with a variation of the same phrase, please try reading.

If you are going to alt hop at least try and be original when you post as them.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2015, 09:17:59 AM »

hmmmm

Nah, just interesting that both of you only in the last 24 hours (well less than really) started opening every response with a variation of the same phrase, please try reading.

If you are going to alt hop at least try and be original when you post as them.
So...what job are you looking for now?
Lemmiwinks: a failed 1st year student detective.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2015, 09:35:19 AM »

The smarter you are the dumber you feel because you realize how much you don't know, scepti seems to think that he's the smartest man who ever lived which should say something about how smart he actually is.  I have seen scepti claim that the reason he believes what he does is because it's right, but the fact is that the only reason anyone believes anything is because they think it's right, that's what the word "believe" means regardless of weather it's right or not.  I would be willing to bet my life on the truthfulness of my beliefs like that the Earth is round and that the Mormon religion is true, but these things are debatable and I am sure that scepti is equity as confident that he is right about FET.  Confidence can not be considered evidence.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2015, 10:46:27 AM »

The smarter you are the dumber you feel because you realize how much you don't know, scepti seems to think that he's the smartest man who ever lived which should say something about how smart he actually is.  I have seen scepti claim that the reason he believes what he does is because it's right, but the fact is that the only reason anyone believes anything is because they think it's right, that's what the word "believe" means regardless of weather it's right or not.  I would be willing to bet my life on the truthfulness of my beliefs like that the Earth is round and that the Mormon religion is true, but these things are debatable and I am sure that scepti is equity as confident that he is right about FET.  Confidence can not be considered evidence.
The only things' I'm absolutely correct about, 100% are: the Earth is not a globe and gravity is a lie.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2015, 10:48:33 AM »

The only things' I'm absolutely correct about, 100% are: Crispex stay cripsy in milk and The Beatles are better than the Rolling Stones.

Fixed

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2015, 10:54:30 AM »

The only things' I'm absolutely correct about, 100% are: Crispex are awful and The Rolling Stones are better than the Beatles.

Fixed

Fixed
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2015, 10:56:06 AM »

The only things' I'm absolutely correct about, 100% are: Crispex are awful and The Rolling Stones are better than the Beatles.

Fixed

Fixed

touche

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2015, 11:14:41 AM »

The only things' I'm absolutely correct about, 100% are: the Earth is not a globe and gravity is a lie.

And I am 100% sure that the Earth is round and that gravity is real, so clearly your certainly is not proof that you are right sense I am just as certain that you are wrong. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2015, 11:43:51 AM »

And I am 100% sure that the Earth is round and that gravity is real, so clearly your certainly is not proof that you are right sense I am just as certain that you are wrong.
Yes but you don't count when you're up against me. You're not as smart and never will be. I can't even help you out. You are just too naive and gullible.

When you grow up again - "maybe" (and I say that more in jest than hope) something will hit home and make you realise just how naive you are. The only person that can help you is yourself - or someone at the top comes clean and spills the beans about the lies you've hung onto all your lives.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2015, 11:48:54 AM »

Yes but you don't count when you're up against me. You're not as smart and never will be. I can't even help you out. You are just too naive and gullible.

When you grow up again - "maybe" (and I say that more in jest than hope) something will hit home and make you realise just how naive you are. The only person that can help you is yourself - or someone at the top comes clean and spills the beans about the lies you've hung onto all your lives.

But you're an idiot scepti, this statement doesn't make any sense at all.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2015, 11:52:05 AM »

But you're an idiot scepti, this statement doesn't make any sense at all.
I don't expect anything would make sense to you unless it's from your masters. Keep consulting your hand me down notes given to you on a plate by pretend scientists.