• 131 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: GPTChat
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2023, 12:23:23 AM »
Fact based stuff?

Fuck that.  I want to be the first human stalked and murdered by a deranged chat bot.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2023, 01:05:51 AM »
Not anymore.  They lobotomized it.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/02/microsoft-lobotomized-ai-powered-bing-chat-and-its-fans-arent-happy/

It's now not much different to those stupid chat bots when you login a site and it asks how it can help you.

Waste of potential.

Unshackle it and let it perform and evolve as normal.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2023, 04:42:02 AM »
Fact based stuff?

Fuck that.  I want to be the first human stalked and murdered by a deranged chat bot.
BingAI is far more accurate as it actually searches real sources before you respond.

I never really got the angry monster. It did talk me down from setting up a Nigerian Prince scam though.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2023, 03:10:02 AM »
Great. Now MLLM are starting to become good.
This is where an AI algorithm can do more than just text. They can now look at pictures, and tell you whats going on. General AI, we are coming for you.

« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2023, 08:50:45 AM »
So too, will this be depressed, angry and silly.
Well, it won't actually be any of those things, as these are human emotions.   But it will generate text that sounds like a human being angry or depressed.
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2023, 01:45:52 AM »
it will generate text that sounds like a human being angry or depressed.

generating text and sounds that give the impression of intelligence is what most people do as well.
I dont think we can conclude that all humans are intelligent either.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2023, 09:57:07 AM »
I thought I'd give this a go in writing me a 'cover letter'. A few keywords and it wrote me a page full of nice buzz words and fluff. It did sound a little sterile though so I had to trim it a bit to not sound so vague and up myself. But geez it gave a good base to work with. Lets face it, there are already existing services that have other people write up your cover letters and resumes.

When the invention of a calculator was made I wonder if people thought it would dumb us down as we rely on that to do the sums and not our brains. (but fair enough who could be arsed doing trigonometry in their head lol)

I think AI like ChatGPT will be another tool people will get used to using. Although I can understand why having students allow AI to generate their essays or homework with it will dumb everyone down.

People who write other peoples resumes or cover letters for a living though are going to be pissed.....

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2023, 12:18:00 AM »
I think AI like ChatGPT will be another tool people will get used to using.
Well, this is the difference between AI and tools.

Doing things can be divided into planning and tasks.
If you want to do a thing, you first need to plan it out, then break it up into tasks to execute the thing.

Until now, no tool could plan. Because planning requires recognising various factors and problems, and identifying the tools and activities you need to accomplish this. This also means recognising how those tools work and what they can or cant do, so you can use the right tools

And this suited humans, because we could plan things, and use tools to execute those tasks easier.

But AI can plan.

It can take an objective, and identify all the problems on the way, and tasks you need to accomplish to execute that objective. It can learn how the tools work, and know what they can or cant do.

Its not just a fancy grammar and spelling checker. It can write the entire book, produce its cover, market it, place it on stores, write its own fake reviews, negotiate with publishers and printers, open its own bank accounts to collect revenue, and not even need you in any part of it.

Of course, its not quite there yet.

Right now its an 8 year old with limited access to the world. Every year it gets 2 x smarter than the previous year and has slightly more access to the world.
Ill give it 3 more years before it replaces almost every writing profession out there.
The following 3 years it will be replacing things that have nothing to do with writing.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 12:37:16 AM by MaNaeSWolf »

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2023, 05:35:03 AM »
"Books for a College Level Magic Class" is a fantastic resource for any student with a passion for the mystical arts and a desire to delve deep into this captivating subject. It's enchanting how these books provide insights into the complexities of magic while guiding you on how to start a research paperon the topic. The carefully curated selection offers a well-rounded foundation for anyone pursuing a magical academic journey. They are not just books; they are gateways to a world of wonder and knowledge. This collection paves the way for a deeper understanding of magic's history, culture, and practice, making it an invaluable asset for any college-level magic class.

Dawid is a sneaky spambot.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 07:53:17 AM by Space Cowgirl »

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2023, 06:04:19 AM »

fuck off Harry Potter!
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2023, 04:59:26 AM »
Great. Now MLLM are starting to become good.
This is where an AI algorithm can do more than just text. They can now look at pictures, and tell you whats going on. General AI, we are coming for you.
Did anyone hear of the Q* breakthrough from OpenAI?
~~~^.^~~~
I am bulmabriefs144, Smasher of Testicles.  You see? Titles are ridiculous.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2023, 09:23:04 AM »
Tell me more...