Serious Posters get warned/banned/muted, and trolls get off scot-free

• 25 Replies

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
Seriously, the only warning EJ has gotten, visibly, is personal attacks. How about low-content posting? Troll threads are everywhere, and it takes days for them to go to CN. If the mods are spread so thin, use priorities.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
  • Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously, the only warning EJ has gotten, visibly, is personal attacks. How about low-content posting? Troll threads are everywhere, and it takes days for them to go to CN. If the mods are spread so thin, use priorities.
Im sorey but how am I the troll?! If you wuld take an actuel look at the thred you wuld see why these "serous" posters are geting warned:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63891.80#.VX2oAjK9KK0
In fact here are to of your inteligint posts rite here!:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63891.msg1698703#msg1698703
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63891.msg1698704#msg1698704

And im the troll ::) Yeh rite. *drops mike*!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: sceptimatic
John is not your average bear is he. He's a daddy grizzly that grabs ridicule and intimidation , folds it up, wipes his bum on it and slings it right back, slap , bang into your face and it's frustrating isn't it?

Misero

And then, low content in S&C. Is this enough for a ban?

Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
And then, low content in S&C. Is this enough for a ban?
Prove it! Yeh exacley you CANT!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John is not your average bear is he. He's a daddy grizzly that grabs ridicule and intimidation , folds it up, wipes his bum on it and slings it right back, slap , bang into your face and it's frustrating isn't it?

How can one human being be such a basket-case? I was willing to think that EJ was not a Troll. An idiot, yes. A Troll, no. I didn't think you could make up orthography (spelling, grammar, paragraphing, etc, all the things that go into writing a language) that bad! But I am coming, slowly and surely to the same conclusions that everybody else seems to have reached a long time ago.

This guy is a Troll outright. I mean, what else could he possibly be? I am truly thinking that no person can be this stupid. Someone has to be making this crap up, because someone this stupid cannot possibly exist in real life.

Why is he allowed to shit up real threads, let alone start new ones, in the serious fora? I admit, I've been entertaining him, which I have to stop doing. But he really needs to placed in Purgatory, like they have done on the other site. Let him shit all he wants there. If people, including me, want to indulge Troll-feeding there, then fine. But keep him out of serious conversations, just so the rest of us don't have to get a frigging migraine reading that shit he calls English.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
How can one human being be such a basket-case? I was willing to think that EJ was not a Troll. An idiot, yes. A Troll, no. I didn't think you could make up orthography (spelling, grammar, paragraphing, etc, all the things that go into writing a language) that bad! But I am coming, slowly and surely to the same conclusions that everybody else seems to have reached a long time ago.

This guy is a Troll outright. I mean, what else could he possibly be? I am truly thinking that no person can be this stupid. Someone has to be making this crap up, because someone this stupid cannot possibly exist in real life.

Why is he allowed to shit up real threads, let alone start new ones, in the serious fora? I admit, I've been entertaining him, which I have to stop doing. But he really needs to placed in Purgatory, like they have done on the other site. Let him shit all he wants there. If people, including me, want to indulge Troll-feeding there, then fine. But keep him out of serious conversations, just so the rest of us don't have to get a frigging migraine reading that shit he calls English.
How am I stupit?! I have penguinributid vary much to the uper fora and I know more abowt FET then you can evan DREME to! If your so flippin tired of me then DONT RASPOND TO ME! Your the won who keeps on cruding up threds and then you blame it on me becuz you go owt of your way to make me angrey by making raciel atacks agenst me!(and yes mods RACIEL atacks! This man truley is a sick pup!)!!!!!!! May I add that you add NUTHING to this forum and just come here to get me mad! You never discus anything in the uper fora anymore and the vast majoritey of your poets are mean atacks agenst me and purposeley trying to iritate me and make me flippin flip at you! Ether grow up or get owt!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Misero

That's 3 rule-breaking posts in S&C. I know it's just jroa at this point, but this is becoming insufferable. (And yes, I have him blocked.)

Excelsior John

• Ranters
That's 3 rule-breaking posts in S&C. I know it's just jroa at this point, but this is becoming insufferable. (And yes, I have him blocked.)
What 3 rules did I flippin breke?!!!!!!

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
Chill dude, he was talking about yaakov. Flaming, personal attacks and misuse of S and C.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

What did I do?

Misero

Re: Serious Posters get warned/banned/muted, and trolls get off scot-free
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 12:15:42 PM »
Hoppy seems to believe that EJ is not a troll.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 05:04:14 PM »
Instead of banning, why not do as another website does.

There is an exclamation point in a box marked "report this post." If a user finds the post objectionable it is reported to the moderator and he can remove it if he finds it so.

Why not do this instead of banning with a note "This post was removed by the moderator (for the reason-such as posting in the Q&A section instead of the Debate Section , etc.) ?

This would seem (at least in IMHO)fairer than banning. This is the only website I have seen that does the banning. The other site seems to just delete posts that are either objectionable or inappropriate.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 06:28:34 PM »
I was muted for properly using the Q&A forum and for giving information someone specifically requested.  Something seriously has to change.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2015, 06:42:17 PM »
I was muted for properly using the Q&A forum and for giving information someone specifically requested.  Something seriously has to change.

There is also a lot of  insulting,vulgarity and profanity on this website. It just would not be permitted on most of the other websites. This is something else that seriously needs to be changed on this website. This website needs to be changed and cleaned up in a lot other areas.

I think the deletions and the reasons for the deletions posted would be a lot better than warnings of bannings as I suggested previously.

Chorus:

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2015, 07:49:56 PM »
QUOTE-How am I stupit?! I have penguinributid vary much to the uper fora and I know more abowt FET then you can evan DREME to! If your so flippin tired of me then DONT RASPOND TO ME! Your the won who keeps on cruding up threds and then you blame it on me becuz you go owt of your way to make me angrey by making raciel atacks agenst me!(and yes mods RACIEL atacks! This man truley is a sick pup!)!!!!!!! May I add that you add NUTHING to this forum and just come here to get me mad! You never discus anything in the uper fora anymore and the vast majoritey of your poets are mean atacks agenst me and purposeley trying to iritate me and make me flippin flip at you! Ether grow up or get owt!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-END QUOTE

stupid. contributed. very. upper. about. than. even. dream. flipping. don't. respond. one. crudding. threads. because. out. angry. racial. attacks. against. racial. attacks. truly. Excessive use of exclamation points. nothing. majority. posts. attacks. purposely. irritate. flipping. Either. out. Use of non-existent word. Excessive use of exclamation points.

35 orthographic errors in ONE paragraph. And that is counting conservatively. There were a couple of grammatical errors that I didn't count because they are fairly common amongst Anglophones across the world, and I didn't see the point. But if I had counted them it would have added up to about 38 or so.

I think my point is becoming clear. One human being, a native speaker of the English language, cannot possibly shit up the language this badly through ignorance if he got through 3rd Grade. And this is supposed to be a Community College student writing this mess. I mean, really, the program itself comes with a spell-checker. What the hell did he do, disable it deliberately? Or perhaps he left it on so he could deliberately PLAN to make errors, and could see clearly when he did, just to cause migraines in the rest of us.

As for his colour, I find it vaguely humourous how a a dude that is as White as I am is pretending to be Black, yes. If in fact he were Black, I would respect that. But for someone who, by his own admission is 1/32nd Black, which, even in the immediate post-Bellum South under the One-Drop Rule, was not enough (generally you had to be 1/16th) to considered Black, to call himself a person of colour does a grave disservice to those persons who are in fact, of colour (of any colour, Black, Latino, Asian, etc) who have fought for fair treatment in our (meaning American) society.

So, yeah, I do think he is the Troll from Hell. I don't believe Hell exists, except maybe for EJ, and people like him, that shit up perfectly good places for perverse reasons of their own.And yes, I think Purgatory is the perfect place for him, so he can't be a schmuck anywhere else.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 01:34:40 AM »
And he doesn't understand, or even attempt to understand evolution.
Hardly worthy to be called an intelligent human being in my book.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 07:35:55 AM »
Chill dude, he was talking about yaakov. Flaming, personal attacks and misuse of S and C.
Oh okay that makes more sense! :)
What did I do?
Think!
Hoppy seems to believe that EJ is not a troll.
Becuz hoppy is actuley smart! Bam.
QUOTE-How am I stupit?! I have penguinributid vary much to the uper fora and I know more abowt FET then you can evan DREME to! If your so flippin tired of me then DONT RASPOND TO ME! Your the won who keeps on cruding up threds and then you blame it on me becuz you go owt of your way to make me angrey by making raciel atacks agenst me!(and yes mods RACIEL atacks! This man truley is a sick pup!)!!!!!!! May I add that you add NUTHING to this forum and just come here to get me mad! You never discus anything in the uper fora anymore and the vast majoritey of your poets are mean atacks agenst me and purposeley trying to iritate me and make me flippin flip at you! Ether grow up or get owt!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-END QUOTE
Plese lern to qwote.
stupid. contributed. very. upper. about. than. even. dream. flipping. don't. respond. one. crudding. threads. because. out. angry. racial. attacks. against. racial. attacks. truly. Excessive use of exclamation points. nothing. majority. posts. attacks. purposely. irritate. flipping. Either. out. Use of non-existent word. Excessive use of exclamation points.

35 orthographic errors in ONE paragraph. And that is counting conservatively. There were a couple of grammatical errors that I didn't count because they are fairly common amongst Anglophones across the world, and I didn't see the point. But if I had counted them it would have added up to about 38 or so.
Irelivint. And your stupit orthographic erors crap pises evereywon else off. Bam.
I think my point is becoming clear. One human being, a native speaker of the English language, cannot possibly shit up the language this badly through ignorance if he got through 3rd Grade. And this is supposed to be a Community College student writing this mess. I mean, really, the program itself comes with a spell-checker. What the hell did he do, disable it deliberately? Or perhaps he left it on so he could deliberately PLAN to make errors, and could see clearly when he did, just to cause migraines in the rest of us.
Ok fine I amit I mispeled a few words but WHO FLIPPING CARRS!!!!!!!!!!! And dont make fun of me becuz im in comunitey colege im onley in here becuz I was discrimatid agenst! And I dont see any spelcheck on here (as if I need won).
As for his colour, I find it vaguely humourous how a a dude that is as White as I am is pretending to be Black, yes. If in fact he were Black, I would respect that. But for someone who, by his own admission is 1/32nd Black, which, even in the immediate post-Bellum South under the One-Drop Rule, was not enough (generally you had to be 1/16th) to considered Black, to call himself a person of colour does a grave disservice to those persons who are in fact, of colour (of any colour, Black, Latino, Asian, etc) who have fought for fair treatment in our (meaning American) society.
And here come the raciel atacks I was talking abowt! Who cares if im onley 1/32 PERSON OF COLER (black is rascist)?!!!! Its in my blood and I choose to identify as that! You dont see me scremeing at you and harasing you becuz you think Jewish is a race! I find your hostilitey towerd my race to be incredibley ofensive and insensative. And to say I dont under go the hardships of my felow pepel of coler is a load of hooey! I am CONSTINTLEY being discrimatid agenst becuz of my coler wether it be at colege or here at FES!!!!! Do you know what its like to go into a restrant and have evereywon STARE at you! Exacley you dont becuz you have wite privlige! So dont talk yakoov cuz you have NO idea what its like to be a person of coler!!!!!!!!! Bam.
So, yeah, I do think he is the Troll from Hell. I don't believe Hell exists, except maybe for EJ, and people like him, that shit up perfectly good places for perverse reasons of their own.And yes, I think Purgatory is the perfect place for him, so he can't be a schmuck anywhere else.

Look yakoov. Im not a troll. Im sick of these flippin witch hunts and trolling acusations, can we not just have a serous conversation plese?!!! I know that a lot of you dont like me but plese just liten up a litel bit! You have no idea how importint FES is to me! FES is my life!!!!! I feel that it is my caling to radeem the scintific fact of the Flat Earth and this is the best medium to do so! I know how ive expresed this sentamint before but FES is the reson I get owt of bed in the morning! This may just be the won last chance I get to be abel to conect and dabate with my felow flat earthers an corec rounders of there ignorence!!!! If I bring up FET to the mainstreme scintists I will be lafed at an ostrasized my science aristocracey! FES is the onley way I have of spreding FE truth to the public and I will be devastatid if I lose FES! So plese stop ataking me and plese let expres my views as an FE scintist! PLESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And he doesn't understand, or even attempt to understand evolution.
Hardly worthy to be called an intelligent human being in my book.
I do understand evolution. I just raject it cuz its uterley rediculus! *drops mike*!!!!!!!!!

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 08:33:45 AM »
There is also a lot of  insulting,vulgarity and profanity on this website. It just would not be permitted on most of the other websites. This is something else that seriously needs to be changed on this website. This website needs to be changed and cleaned up in a lot other areas.

I think the deletions and the reasons for the deletions posted would be a lot better than warnings of bannings as I suggested previously.

It's not really feasible, that's the problem. With one particularly active mod, deleting objectionable posts will take forever. At least banning serves as a minor deterrent, and will reduce the number of such posts (at least temporarily).

That being said, there's a hell of a lot to say on the few rule-enforcements actually taking place. I'm not the hugest fan of some of Mike's additions, but there's no question his posts have far more content than EJ.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 10:13:50 AM »
Split some posts off.  Lets say on topic.

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 10:55:34 AM »
The fact is, EJ is a Troll, we all know it, all he does is shit up threads that would otherwise run smoothly. Why is he allowed to do this?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:57:20 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2015, 07:20:54 AM »
I've split this thread once already.  This is the second time.  I'm not doing it again.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2015, 11:12:55 AM »

It's not really feasible, that's the problem. With one particularly active mod, deleting objectionable posts will take forever. At least banning serves as a minor deterrent, and will reduce the number of such posts (at least temporarily).

That being said, there's a hell of a lot to say on the few rule-enforcements actually taking place. I'm not the hugest fan of some of Mike's additions, but there's no question his posts have far more content than EJ.

Deletion of objectionable posts seems to work very well on the website in question.

Of course there are very few in the website in question. And there would be a  lot more on this website. Most of those on the website in question  seem to be advertisements for some product or other website. And the website is a lot more of  a sane and intelligent nature than this one .

But this is the only website I have encountered that uses the banning method. I must admit that sometimes the bannings are a welcome relief for some time out for better things to do.

But you do have to realize this website for what it is. Banning, warning and so forth are going to be against "Round Earthers" and not "Flat Earthers. After all this is The Flat Earth Society Website. So what should you expect ?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:20:28 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 11:51:09 AM »
Deletion of objectionable posts seems to work very well on the website in question.
Maybe, but this isn't that site. Any effective system will rely on multiple active mods. This site has one, occasionally two. Deleting posts can only really be done one at a time: and I've seen it done sometimes (eg: when Obama took over the forum), but that was an extreme case. Normally, it's juste asier to tap the 'ban' button and the offender can't offend for a while longer.
I'd agree the deletion might be effective, but it only works if you're willing to allow re-offense, and constantly hound a user. The ban-system is effective here, due to how often trolls are attracted, and how few mods can delete.

But you do have to realize this website for what it is. Banning, warning and so forth are going to be against "Round Earthers" and not "Flat Earthers. After all this is The Flat Earth Society Website. So what should you expect ?
True, but if that's to be the case, it should be admittedly so. They should at least be open that REers will be punished where FEers will be fine. As it is, the rules state equal treatment (and by all accounts, EJ's posts are a mess, Mike's rarely are), so if that's not what happens, we're entitled to complain.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 06:30:42 PM »
Posts split, and warnings issued.  Yaakov and EJ will both be taking an extended vacation if either of them posts like that in the upper fora again. 

Excelsior John

• Ranters
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 06:36:00 PM »
Posts split, and warnings issued.  Yaakov and EJ will both be taking an extended vacation if either of them posts like that in the upper fora again.
What did I do that was so bad?! I can understand yakoov, but why me?!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 07:59:55 PM »
Hey, JROA, fair enough. I won't argue. Thanks for the warning.