If the earth is not spinning, and is covered by a stationary dome

• 277 Replies

V

• icosatetrachoron
Re: Explain me this
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2014, 03:56:51 AM »

Gravitation is the weakest of the four fundamental forces and is the purely attractive force that pulls matter to other matter.
What's the four forces? Why would a one sixth supposed gravity one quarter size of Earth, supposed moon pull on the mass of the oceans on the  supposedly superior mass of Earth's pull?
The mass of the earth causes it to bend space in its own area. There is nothing in the space that is being bent, but any matter passing through it will have its path changed.
Space is virtually matterless as we are told, so what is bending?
The earth does not fall because there is nothing for it to fall into, no larger object attracting it.
So, if it's not falling, then why show us a warped space time type net it sits in, like that net is stopping it falling?
Is that good enough for you or do you need more? I think I've proven that it's well understood.
You've proven nothing.
The four forces are gravitation, electromagnetism, the weak nuclear force ans the strong nuclear force.

The moon pulls on the earth because all matter is attracted to all other matter. Technically you are currently being pulled on by a miniscule amount by a random star in the Andromeda galaxy.

Space itself is bending. It is that simple.

What you are seeing is a two dimensional analogy. We live in three dimensions.
i don't need a signature. go away.

Re: If the earth is not spinning, and is covered by a stationary dome
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2014, 03:57:57 AM »
What I do not want to see, is, "oh, this happens because it just does" or, " the equations work out and that's what we get." Because if you come up with this clap trap, then I want the equations and what they mean. Fair enough?

Again Scepti.........how is this any different than the things you say?

You want people to be able to explain things thoroughly and show evidence yet you will reject everything because they actually had the audacity to learn it from a book rather than just making it up, like you do.

Can you explain what the dome that covers the earth actually is? Can you explain what is outside of the dome and under the earth? Why not? Don't just tell me there is a dome because there is a dome or because there must be..........explain it. Give me some scientific equations and data that prove it.

Until you can do that I don't see how you can ask others to explain the things they know.
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2014, 03:59:09 AM »

Gravitation is the weakest of the four fundamental forces and is the purely attractive force that pulls matter to other matter.
What's the four forces? Why would a one sixth supposed gravity one quarter size of Earth, supposed moon pull on the mass of the oceans on the  supposedly superior mass of Earth's pull?
The mass of the earth causes it to bend space in its own area. There is nothing in the space that is being bent, but any matter passing through it will have its path changed.
The earth does not fall because there is nothing for it to fall into, no larger object attracting it.
So, if it's not falling, then why show us a warped space time type net it sits in, like that net is stopping it falling?
Is that good enough for you or do you need more? I think I've proven that it's well understood.
You've proven nothing.
The four forces are gravitation, electromagnetism, the weak nuclear force ans the strong nuclear force.

The moon pulls on the earth because all matter is attracted to all other matter. Technically you are currently being pulled on by a miniscule amount by a random star in the Andromeda galaxy.

I actually feel sorry for you people. Assuming you are brainwashed and aren't simply on an agenda, of course.

« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2014, 04:01:26 AM »
All of it is well understood? Is this right? By you?

Let's try YOU out. No google, no text books. Just your mind.

Explain what gravity is. Not what it supoposedly does; just what it actually is. Your own words.

Tell me what causes the Earth to sit inside a fictional fabric, like a medicine ball on a soft mattress, sinking in? What is in your space that causes this and why does it just sink in and not have this space fabric all around it in equal measures?

If it's in a vacuum, then why do we see drawings of Earth just sitting in the dip as if someone was holding a blanket stopping a ball from falling?

There's just two things to go on. I have loads more.
So, over to you, as it's all clearly understood how it all works, right?

What I do not want to see, is, "oh, this happens because it just does" or, " the equations work out and that's what we get." Because if you come up with this clap trap, then I want the equations and what they mean. Fair enough?

The thing that escapes you is that there is nothing bad in not knowing one thing and educating yourself by critically reading books and papers. Instead of educating yourself you choose to make stuff up. Wrong choice.
I have yet to see evidence that Lunar Eclipses even exist.  Have you ever seen one?

« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2014, 04:04:44 AM »
No education is bad.

Math is bad and science is from the devil.

A true free thinker just makes up things off the top of his head and expects people to accept it.

V

• icosatetrachoron
« Reply #215 on: May 05, 2014, 04:16:35 AM »

You've proven nothing.

I actually feel sorry for you people. Assuming you are brainwashed and aren't simply on an agenda, of course.
As usual, sceptimatic is using ad hominem attacks to justify his theory.
i don't need a signature. go away.

« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2014, 04:18:53 AM »

It's all he's got.

18 posts a day on average and it all boils down to..........he's right, you're brainwashed.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2014, 05:17:04 AM »

It's all he's got.

18 posts a day on average and it all boils down to..........he's right, you're brainwashed.
It's not a case of me being right. I can't say I'm right. All I can say with absolute certainty is that you're wrong in many of your theories.
I'm working on alternatives because I know for a fact that we are not being told the truth.
I could be 100% wrong in how I'm describing the actual "exact" make up of a dome in full, as in, the elements in order: but I believe 100% that it is a dome.
I am infinite percent certain it is not a rotating globe. I am also infinite percent sure there is no gravity and all the other so called space forces out there.
I don't know the eaxct make up of the sun we see in the sky: but I'm 100% sure that it's energy is the direct result of what Earth gives out as energy to reflect it.

I'm well aware of how crazy it sounds to you people and it's understandable, because you don't have the capacity to think any differently  to what you were trained to do.

It's like a young child being brought up in life with no love and only knowing that they are going to be beaten regularly. They come to expect it and accept it.
When someone comes along and tries to give them love, they reject it and fight it, because they fear the unknown.
You people are exactly like that in terms of your minds. It's been beaten into you so often that you cannot and will not see any other outcome to that which you have become accustomed to.

I remember when I was a child and a stray dog used to hang around. We always tried to coax it over but it looked terrified to come near. One of us would try and tempt it with a treat. Unfortunately the dog must have suffered beatings or whatever because it appeared to not trust the offering. It was almost thinking, " wuuff, hmmm, if I go to take the food, they might grab me and beat me."

Hunger got the better of it one day and it must have decided that a potential beating was worth the risk, so it carefully came over and took the food.
Then it was carefully stroked.
Over the next few days, it would always come back, only this time it was waggling it's tail and much more happy.
It was taking the offerings and drinking water and became our best friend, until my friends' father took the dog into his care.

Come closer and take this piece of chocolate whilst I pat your head and you will realise that the beatings your mind took from mainstream science can be haled by allowing yourself to make that step towards an alternative thought.
Come on boy, come on, no one's going to hurt you.   ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 05:22:34 AM by sceptimatic »

« Reply #218 on: May 05, 2014, 05:38:23 AM »
Quote from: sceptimatic

Come closer and take this piece of chocolate whilst I pat your head and you will realise that the beatings your mind took from mainstream science can be haled by allowing yourself to make that step towards an alternative thought.

I don't trust strangers with candy.

And that says nothing about the trust I have about crazies with candy.

Lemme ask you this Scepti. Do you believe spectroscopy will give us true properties of light?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2014, 05:48:49 AM »

Lemme ask you this Scepti. Do you believe spectroscopy will give us true properties of light?
Not really. I mean, they can't figure out (or they say they can't) whether light is a wave or a particle, so I hardly think this thing is going to be accurate, on the whole and espcially not what you believe is space.

« Reply #220 on: May 05, 2014, 05:50:32 AM »
It's not a case of me being right. I can't say I'm right. All I can say with absolute certainty is that you're wrong in many of your theories.
I'm working on alternatives because I know for a fact that we are not being told the truth.
I could be 100% wrong in how I'm describing the actual "exact" make up of a dome in full, as in, the elements in order: but I believe 100% that it is a dome.
I am infinite percent certain it is not a rotating globe. I am also infinite percent sure there is no gravity and all the other so called space forces out there.
I don't know the eaxct make up of the sun we see in the sky: but I'm 100% sure that it's energy is the direct result of what Earth gives out as energy to reflect it.

I'm well aware of how crazy it sounds to you people and it's understandable, because you don't have the capacity to think any differently  to what you were trained to do.

It's like a young child being brought up in life with no love and only knowing that they are going to be beaten regularly. They come to expect it and accept it.
When someone comes along and tries to give them love, they reject it and fight it, because they fear the unknown.
You people are exactly like that in terms of your minds. It's been beaten into you so often that you cannot and will not see any other outcome to that which you have become accustomed to.

I remember when I was a child and a stray dog used to hang around. We always tried to coax it over but it looked terrified to come near. One of us would try and tempt it with a treat. Unfortunately the dog must have suffered beatings or whatever because it appeared to not trust the offering. It was almost thinking, " wuuff, hmmm, if I go to take the food, they might grab me and beat me."

Hunger got the better of it one day and it must have decided that a potential beating was worth the risk, so it carefully came over and took the food.
Then it was carefully stroked.
Over the next few days, it would always come back, only this time it was waggling it's tail and much more happy.
It was taking the offerings and drinking water and became our best friend, until my friends' father took the dog into his care.

That's all you do scepti: walls of text with nothing but claims and not a shred of evidence. Do you really expect someone to take you seriously? Tell me one thing which your theory can explain and which the accepted model can't.
I have yet to see evidence that Lunar Eclipses even exist.  Have you ever seen one?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #221 on: May 05, 2014, 05:58:52 AM »
That's all you do scepti: walls of text with nothing but claims and not a shred of evidence. Do you really expect someone to take you seriously? Tell me one thing which your theory can explain and which the accepted model can't.
My theory can explain a more logical reality than any of your accepted theories can. The only downside to mine is the fact that I am in  a minority puting it all together. You're accepted theories are accepted by peer pressure, through indoctrination.

You would rather rely on made up magic to make your model work, with every little nook and cranny catered for by means of more made up nonsense.
99% of you people have no clue what you are even talking about, except to simply spout off what was already given to you.

My stuff requires thought and logic. That is something that you people do not possess.

« Reply #222 on: May 05, 2014, 06:01:26 AM »

Great.

This is a great jumping off point here.

Can you explain, in scientific terms, how you came about this belief?

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #223 on: May 05, 2014, 06:10:12 AM »

Not really. I mean, they can't figure out (or they say they can't) whether light is a wave or a particle, so I hardly think this thing is going to be accurate, on the whole and espcially not what you believe is space.

The particle vs wave debate was settled decades ago, before either of us were born. It's both. I won't even try to explain it all here, but what you need to know is that spectral analysis is an accurate and reliable way to detect what elements stars are composed of. I've seen and measured Hydrogen emission lines myself. The equipment is very basic, it's mainly just a prism set up in a way that you can measure precisely where the lines fall. You don't even need to know about particle/wave duality - it just works. Astronomers have been doing it for years. There's nothing stopping you from checking this out yourself. Audit a first year physics course, you'll see what I'm talking about.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #224 on: May 05, 2014, 06:37:33 AM »
Same here.  If they really wanted the truth and were honest with themselves, they would at least question it on a deeper level.

« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2014, 06:41:37 AM »
My theory can explain a more logical reality than any of your accepted theories can. The only downside to mine is the fact that I am in  a minority puting it all together. You're accepted theories are accepted by peer pressure, through indoctrination.

You would rather rely on made up magic to make your model work, with every little nook and cranny catered for by means of more made up nonsense.
99% of you people have no clue what you are even talking about, except to simply spout off what was already given to you.

My stuff requires thought and logic. That is something that you people do not possess.

So you can't explain anything more than the RE model can, but you can't explain many things the RE can. Not talking about the complete lack of math, which makes your "theory" completely unable to predict anything on a quantitative level.

« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2014, 06:46:31 AM »
"complicated garbage", when you speak of a sun as a spotlight, an equal sized sun and moon (absurd), accelerating earth, no gravity, and other ridiculous convoluted explanations. We have nice constant laws of physics and we have our theories thoroughly tested.
Show me a spinning ball, suspended on nothing, inside a vacuum chamber.

« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2014, 06:47:42 AM »

But a spectroscope has nothing to do with being a wave, or particle. But the rest of my questions are moot if you can't accept the basics of them.

« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2014, 06:51:19 AM »
Same here.  If they really wanted the truth and were honest with themselves, they would at least question it on a deeper level.

You're right.

We should post more youtube videos that show and prove absolutely nothing like you do every couple weeks or so.

« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2014, 06:52:22 AM »

Show me a suspended disc that doesn't spin and is covered by a dome inside a vacuum chamber.

« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2014, 06:54:28 AM »
I never claimed the disc was suspended. Nor that the Earth was inside a vacuum.  I admit when I don't know something instead of making up a fairytale.

« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2014, 06:55:30 AM »

We don't have vacuum chambers in orbit, however: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2014, 06:57:04 AM »
What does that video got to do with anything I said?

« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2014, 06:59:28 AM »
I never claimed the disc was suspended.

Logic would dictate it would have to be unless it's sitting on the back of a giant turtle.

Nor that the Earth was inside a vacuum.

You subscribe to scepti's theory of a dome and nothing outside the dome..........wouldn't vast nothingness be a vacuum?
I admit when I don't know something instead of making up a fairytale.

Did you type this with a straight face because it's hilarious?

« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2014, 07:02:11 AM »

Nothing you'd actually be able to ever comprehend.

Cut your losses now.

Follow scepti to the next thread he decides to engage in and try again. You might succeed at something eventually.

« Reply #235 on: May 05, 2014, 07:09:42 AM »
Ridicule is what you do.  Pathetic.
Anyway, to answer your question, no one is sure what is under Earth, where it leads.  And who knows what is outside the dome?  You certainly don't.

« Reply #236 on: May 05, 2014, 07:14:57 AM »

That's not a sphere, but it's an object floating and moving around, suspended in mid air. A thing which we don't have the technology to CG with that realism.

« Reply #237 on: May 05, 2014, 07:16:06 AM »
Anyway, to answer your question, no one is sure what is under Earth, where it leads.  And who knows what is outside the dome?  You certainly don't.

I know the Earth is an oblate spheroid and there is no dome.

Because, well, I'm not the lone member of scepti's cult.

« Reply #238 on: May 05, 2014, 07:19:03 AM »

That's not a sphere, but it's an object floating and moving around, suspended in mid air. A thing which we don't have the technology to CG with that realism.
Oh that is not CG.  Don't underestimate our technology though because that is precisely what is suspending everything in the ISS.  Anti-gravity is achieved within our atmosphere, not hundreds of miles in space.

« Reply #239 on: May 05, 2014, 07:26:36 AM »
Oh that is not CG.  Don't underestimate our technology though because that is precisely what is suspending everything in the ISS.  Anti-gravity is achieved within our atmosphere, not hundreds of miles in space.

How would that work? I'm glad you don't deny the existence of satellites though, that's something already.