Flat earth scam? Nasa Hoax?

• 34 Replies
Flat earth scam? Nasa Hoax?
« on: May 29, 2016, 10:21:06 AM »
Is flat Earth a scam used to strengthen the NASA hoax conspiracy?

Maybe?

How would it work?

Let's see.

Choose your audience.

1. Target the people who believe NASA faked the moon landing and only wants money.

2. Target the people who think the government lies and only want money.

3. Target the uneducated who didn't do well in school, thus, blaming their hardships, and lack of money on the school systems.

4. Target the god fearing, bigots, who give all their money to the church, who also struggle with education, and daily expenses.

5. Wait for bored people who find entertainment in the topic to start spreading the word.

Now start with the brainwashing.

1. NASA faked the moon landing. The earth is flat.

2. Nasa faked the moon landing; The government has lied to you. The earth is flat.

3. Nasa faked the moon landing; education is a lie. The school systems lied with the fake pictures of the moon landing; The horizon is flat, you don't need the education to see with your eyes. The earth is flat.

4. Nasa faked the moon landing; The Bible says the earth can not be moved. There is a firmament above the earth. Therefore preventing anyone from going to space, the moon is behind the firmament. The earth is flat.

Now, what?

Now we have tons of gullible supporters for the NASA conspiracy.

However, that is not enough. Let's wait for the bored and greedy people.

Now the word is spreading faster, and faster people are starting to add FLAT Earth - to all their unrelated videos. People are excited about their increase in page views. Whoo, more money!

So now everyone is supporting, Flat Earth, for money... How Ironic.

Barely anyone one cared about the moon hoax. Before the flat earth brainwashing.

Does it seem like a truth movement? Or a scam?

Are there any proofs for a flat earth. Are the so called proofs all fabricated? Are people being tricked into thinking there is proof? Are people being told to turn off their programming? Have you or anyone else heard or told someone everything they/you know is a lie? Have you been reprogramed? Were you told that riddance of your education is the only way to open your eyes? If so did you realize that uneducated people are re-educating you...? Do you realize that you will see the earth the same way you did with your eyes no matter how you look at it? Because the sun still rises and set, and life goes on? You still have to eat and sleep, and pay bills. Nothing has changed, besides your lack of education?

You decide...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:48:43 PM by Chris C »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Flat earth scam? Nasa Hoax?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 11:02:43 AM »
You realize that the moon landing conspiracy theory has been around since the 70s? That was long before YouTube existed! Also, FET (and this forum) predates YouTube.

Now, I don't doubt there are youtubers adding "flat earth" to their tags to get more hits. I also don't doubt there are fake flat earthers making FE videos because they think it's funny... but The Flat Earth Society isn't making money from those videos, or this forum, or even from selling the occasional t-shirt.

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 11:12:39 AM »
You realize that the moon landing conspiracy theory has been around since the 70s? That was long before YouTube existed! Also, FET (and this forum) predates YouTube.

It is never too late to try a different tactic, especially with the advancements of technology. You've said it yourself  "FE has been around since the 70s" , what better way to spread the word, than with youtube or other social media? Im not saying the FE society is trying to make money. Is the FE Society built in the support of the NASA conspiracy?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 11:16:01 AM by Chris C »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 11:25:21 AM »
No, the moon hoax has been around since the 70s. Various FE theories have been around for thousands of years.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 11:31:22 AM »
No, the moon hoax has been around since the 70s. Various FE theories have been around for thousands of years.

Thanks, I'm not saying FE society a problem. But perhaps this new flat earth movement is made in support of the Conspiracy. What else sparked the growth interest? This new stuff is all about proving NASA fakery, and disproving the advancements in technology.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 11:33:29 AM by Chris C »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 02:49:15 PM »
You'd have to ask the YouTubers. I imagine lots of them do it because they think it's funny.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 03:02:04 PM »

Thanks, I'm not saying FE society a problem. But perhaps this new flat earth movement is made in support of the Conspiracy. What else sparked the growth interest? This new stuff is all about proving NASA fakery, and disproving the advancements in technology.

Or: one person (Eric Dubay) had a good business idea and other people (convinced or not) jumped on the train.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 04:13:58 PM »
5. Wait for bored people who find entertainment the topic to start spreading the word.

Not sure what's the point of your post, but I guess I'm closest to this category. Though I don't spread it beyond this site (or actually even here I'm mostly arguing against it), but I found it entertaining to try to think how it would work if it was true. ...Though unfortunately it falls apart in the first 5 minutes. :( So I end up smiling at people deluding themselves and wondering whether they really believe what they say, or if they're getting paid for acting like they do believe it, or if they're just trolling and getting gigs from people getting angry. :)

Anyway, I think for me it compares to how I conversed with religious people trying to recruit me into sorts of sects: there were some that obviously didn't believe what they were saying - those would reject the most obvious of logic hoping that I would in the end join and they'd get paid for new "member". And then there were people who genuinely believed in their words and would fall silent and walk away as soon as I pointed out 3-5 contradictions in what they've been saying in the past 10 minutes. :)
...I kind of feel bad for trolling them like that, but hey, they started it, right? :)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 04:23:38 PM »
If we were getting paid for new members, we'd all be rich.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 05:05:49 PM »
All? Not necessarily. Even not likely. Could it be like with religious sects? There are some working for the idea genuinely thinking they're doing the right thing, and there are a few using this to get some cash from them (you know "leave materialistic delusions behind" thing, milder "donate", etc.).

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 05:16:57 PM »
All? Not necessarily. Even not likely. Could it be like with religious sects? There are some working for the idea genuinely thinking they're doing the right thing, and there are a few using this to get some cash from them (you know "leave materialistic delusions behind" thing, milder "donate", etc.).

Well, there's no reason to leave materialistic things behind for FE! We don't even care if you change your earth shape views. People come here because they heard about us somewhere else. We don't actually go out and recruit people ourselves. If it were about money, there would be ads on the site.

The only ones making money are the ones writing books, I guess. I doubt there's much money to be had on YouTube, unless the person making the videos is really entertaining. Most of the videos I've tried to watch were terribly boring.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 05:53:30 PM »
Well, there's no reason to leave materialistic things behind for FE! We don't even care if you change your earth shape views. People come here because they heard about us somewhere else. We don't actually go out and recruit people ourselves. If it were about money, there would be ads on the site.

The only ones making money are the ones writing books, I guess. I doubt there's much money to be had on YouTube, unless the person making the videos is really entertaining. Most of the videos I've tried to watch were terribly boring.
Interesting to hear from "Official FE Recruiter". :) I didn't exactly hear about FE per se, though. Just met a couple people on YT arguing moon being impossible to be so far because on earth you can't see even 0.0001 as far and unable to grasp the basics of horizon, so I searched "WTF was that?!" and found this cosy forum. It sparked some sort of nostalgia for late 90s internet with small tight communities with a "core" of a few people that know each other as though they were neighbours.

>there would be ads on the site.
...Ads? ...O-oh! Ads! :) Of course, AdBlock... I forgot either of these things exist. :)

>Most of the videos I've tried to watch were terribly boring.
I find most of them entertaining for the first time authors say something. Like a guy arguing about image quality and demonstrating said image by filming his laptop screen with a phone. :D Or another guy that shaves his head and evidently never knew about natural baldness. >_< But yeah, once they start repeating the same thing I just skip forward to make sure there's nothing distinct.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 06:24:43 PM »
No, the moon hoax has been around since the 70s.
Incorrect.  The moon hoax has been around since the early '60s.

Various FE theories have been around for thousands of years.
That's alright, various RE theories have been around for thousands of years too.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 06:33:58 PM »

You are so wrong about this, it is my understanding that Daniel is making a fortune selling tee shirts, but not shipping them. :o
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 10:54:21 AM »

Interesting to hear from "Official FE Recruiter". :) I didn't exactly hear about FE per se, though. Just met a couple people on YT arguing moon being impossible to be so far because on earth you can't see even 0.0001 as far and unable to grasp the basics of horizon, so I searched "WTF was that?!" and found this cosy forum. It sparked some sort of nostalgia for late 90s internet with small tight communities with a "core" of a few people that know each other as though they were neighbours.

>there would be ads on the site.
...Ads? ...O-oh! Ads! :) Of course, AdBlock... I forgot either of these things exist. :)

>Most of the videos I've tried to watch were terribly boring.
I find most of them entertaining for the first time authors say something. Like a guy arguing about image quality and demonstrating said image by filming his laptop screen with a phone. :D Or another guy that shaves his head and evidently never knew about natural baldness. >_< But yeah, once they start repeating the same thing I just skip forward to make sure there's nothing distinct.

Well, I only try to recruit people to the flat side after they've joined the forum. Which, tbh, doesn't work very often. Right now I'm trying to get Kami to go flat, but s/he is ignoring my efforts  >:( >:( >:(  I gave up on Dino Neil and Crabby Jim, they are terrible. FalseProphet definitely needs to realize the flatness.

How about you? Come to the flat side, we have cookies.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 11:07:57 AM »
Come to the flat side, we have cookies.

Where are my cookies?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 11:29:09 AM »
Come to the flat side, we have cookies.

Where are my cookies?

I put them in the cupboard.

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »
Well, I only try to recruit people to the flat side after they've joined the forum. Which, tbh, doesn't work very often. Right now I'm trying to get Kami to go flat, but s/he is ignoring my efforts  >:( >:( >:(  I gave up on Dino Neil and Crabby Jim, they are terrible. FalseProphet definitely needs to realize the flatness.

How about you? Come to the flat side, we have cookies.
Nah, cookies don't work on me, tried many times. Don't feel any magic. I heard some people are baking those with cocaine or something, maybe that was the missing ingredient. But I won't consciously even take that with my hands, let alone taking a bite. Reasoning works good on me. ...In theory... I hope? I'd like to think I'm flexible. :) But so far it's just a hypothetical assumption. No person has managed to change my mind so far if I had an opinion on the matter to begin with.

So far spherical earth model explains most of the things I can verify with a limited set of somewhat universal rules, whereas flat model cannot be explained universally and has to have a separate "exception" for every separate phenomena to be logical. Inconvenience memorizing a lot of exceptions aside, it doesn't provide a framework for farther studies.

So all in all - no, I don't think there is a chance for me to be converted in near future. ...Unless we suddenly learn to perceive 5-dimensional space and learn that it's linear in that 5th dimension - technically that can be called flat. :)

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 02:44:52 PM »
Now the word is spreading faster, and faster people are starting to add FLAT Earth - to all their unrelated videos. People are excited about their increase in page views. Whoo, more money!

This is to muddy waters, discredit, and lead interested people nowhere.  The serious FE OP's on youtube are just scraping by on views, Jeranism even posts his stats.  Maybe someone has a unique idea to sell T's but they are the exception.

It has taken awhile to catch up, but the fakers, shills, manipulators etc are really starting to try at this point.  One of their favorite tactics is to come here, create a new account and post some bs trying to cause confusion on how flat earth is a scam using one of big 3 control phrases, such as there is no evidence for flat earth an no one believes it.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 02:50:39 PM »

It has taken awhile to catch up, but the fakers, shills, manipulators etc are really starting to try at this point.  One of their favorite tactics is to come here, create a new account and post some bs trying to cause confusion on how flat earth is a scam using one of big 3 control phrases, such as there is no evidence for flat earth an no one believes it.

I noticed a lot of noobs posting a video and then disappearing, lately. I thought some of the youtubers were inadvertently driving traffic here, but it makes more sense they'd post the video here hoping we'd all watch it and give them views. I don't even bother watching the videos if that's all someone posts.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 02:55:52 PM »
I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum about the moon landing. I believe there are actually moon and Mars bases already established. At least this conspiracy theory gives NASA more credit than what is official knowledge.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 03:19:30 PM »

No

Maybe?

No

How would it work?

It would not work.

Let's see.

Choose your audience.

1. Target the people who believe NASA faked the moon landing and only wants money.

3. Target the uneducated who didn't do well in school, thus, blaming their hardships, and lack of money on the school systems.

4. Target the god fearing, bigots, who give all their money to the church, who also struggle with education, and daily expenses.

5. Wait for bored people who find entertainment in the topic to start spreading the word.

The government does want your money. They will stop at nothing to get it, up to and including force and threat of imprisonment.

2. Nasa faked the moon landing; The government has lied to you. The earth is flat.

3. Nasa faked the moon landing; education is a lie. The school systems lied with the fake pictures of the moon landing; The horizon is flat, you don't need the education to see with your eyes. The earth is flat.

4. Nasa faked the moon landing; The Bible says the earth can not be moved. There is a firmament above the earth. Therefore preventing anyone from going to space, the moon is behind the firmament. The earth is flat.

Now, what?

Barely anyone one cared about the moon hoax. Before the flat earth brainwashing.

I do not know of anyone person making any kind of money of the concept of flat earth or NASA hoax or conspiracy. Do you have proof someone is making money off of these topics? If so, what kind of money do you think they are pulling in? Why are you BLOWING THE LID off this scam and not cashing in? Do you have a high FUCKING STANDARD OF ETHICS?

Are there any proofs for a flat earth. Are the so called proofs all fabricated? Are people being tricked into thinking there is proof? Are people being told to turn off their programming? Have you or anyone else heard or told someone everything they/you know is a lie? Have you been reprogramed? Were you told that riddance of your education is the only way to open your eyes? If so did you realize that uneducated people are re-educating you...? Do you realize that you will see the earth the same way you did with your eyes no matter how you look at it? Because the sun still rises and set, and life goes on? You still have to eat and sleep, and pay bills. Nothing has changed, besides your lack of education?

You decide...

Proofs = no
Questions = yes

But for you to come here and trot out this fucking bullshit about money being made off the concepts is just plain fucking stupid. What happened to your fucking edumacation? NASA is making money hand over fist and what is worse, your fucking tax dollars are going toward fucking private industry in the form of corporate welfare.

On second thought, take this idea or concept you got and just go pound fucking sand. you fascist apologist.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:22:15 PM by totallackey »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 03:36:30 PM »

This is to muddy waters, discredit, and lead interested people nowhere.  The serious FE OP's on youtube are just scraping by on views, Jeranism even posts his stats.  Maybe someone has a unique idea to sell T's but they are the exception.

Geranium attacks by making the viewer endure hundreds of completely false arguments against the globe, with little real evidence of a flat earth. Those videos just try to wear the viewer down and answering all his silly claims would take weeks.

You talk about "evidence for flat earth". What is there? "The earth looks flat" and "I can't understand the Globe."

Almost all posts on this site argue about misconceptions of the Globe:
 - gravitation,
 - rotation, 1000 mph speed at the equator,
 - atmosphere getting lost to the infinite vacuum of space,
 - etc, etc.
But little justifying the many illogicalities of "Flat Earth Theory". When I try to bring these up (eg lunar eclipses, full moons, etc) the topics get ignored by Flat Earthers. I don't think many have really considered the implications of the idea of a Flat Earth.

I have started a thread that proves (to my complete satisfaction at least) that the measurements of the (real) earth do not fit any Flat Map. What happened to the thread Measurements of the Earth Prove it cannot be Flat, yes almost ignored.

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2016, 03:44:09 PM »

Geranium attacks by making the viewer endure hundreds of completely false arguments against the globe, with little real evidence of a flat earth. Those videos just try to wear the viewer down and answering all his silly claims would take weeks.

You talk about "evidence for flat earth". What is there? "The earth looks flat" and "I can't understand the Globe."

Almost all posts on this site argue about misconceptions of the Globe:
 - gravitation,
 - rotation, 1000 mph speed at the equator,
 - atmosphere getting lost to the infinite vacuum of space,
 - etc, etc.
But little justifying the many illogicalities of "Flat Earth Theory". When I try to bring these up (eg lunar eclipses, full moons, etc) the topics get ignored by Flat Earthers. I don't think many have really considered the implications of the idea of a Flat Earth.

I have started a thread that proves (to my complete satisfaction at least) that the measurements of the (real) earth do not fit any Flat Map. What happened to the thread Measurements of the Earth Prove it cannot be Flat, yes almost ignored.

It is you...coming here to flat earth forum...arguing...

What you, by your own admission, label purely subjective...

It should not surprise you if your subjective views are ignored if erroneous.

Provokethetruth

• The Earth is flat, therefore God is real.
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 04:32:11 PM »

Maybe?

How would it work?

Let's see.

Choose your audience.

Now, what?

You decide...

100% proof flat earth
PTT

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2016, 05:24:35 PM »

100% proof flat earth

Rather, 100% proof it's a globe and the Moon is really THAT far away.

Provokethetruth

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2016, 05:38:09 PM »

100% proof flat earth

So basically you dont understand how much the earth curves per mile, dont understand how far south America is from boston, and how much curvature that actually is.  For me to be on a slanted hill and looking almost straight up in the sky and looking at the moon.   The moon looked like it was on top of East America rather than East SOUTH AMERICA. NEAR THE RIGHT EDGE... CLOSE TO THE OCEAN. 

Heres a video proving the moon gives its own light.   If you wanna measure the distance of the sun from the earth just pick 3 locations, distance between them, and find the point where all three rays of light connect, you can find the position of the sun. Then measure that distance to the ground. Its always on avg 3000 miles high.  Good luck with life.
PTT

?

frenat

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2016, 05:45:47 PM »

100% proof flat earth

So basically you dont understand how much the earth curves per mile, dont understand how far south America is from boston, and how much curvature that actually is.  For me to be on a slanted hill and looking almost straight up in the sky and looking at the moon.   The moon looked like it was on top of East America rather than East SOUTH AMERICA. NEAR THE RIGHT EDGE... CLOSE TO THE OCEAN. 

Heres a video proving the moon gives its own light.   If you wanna measure the distance of the sun from the earth just pick 3 locations, distance between them, and find the point where all three rays of light connect, you can find the position of the sun. Then measure that distance to the ground. Its always on avg 3000 miles high.  Good luck with life.

that's funny because you do the same thing with the Moon and you get an average around 250,000 miles.  And you can back that up by bouncing radio signals off of it.  I doubt you've ever tried the experiment you suggest. 

For the Moon to be where you thought it was instead of over South America where it actually was would require the many thousands of people in South America at the time to not be able to see the Moon directly overhead.  Have any proof that happened to them?

Provokethetruth

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 05:55:51 PM »

[/quote]

that's funny because you do the same thing with the Moon and you get an average around 250,000 miles.  And you can back that up by bouncing radio signals off of it.  I doubt you've ever tried the experiment you suggest. 

For the Moon to be where you thought it was instead of over South America where it actually was would require the many thousands of people in South America at the time to not be able to see the Moon directly overhead.  Have any proof that happened to them?
[/quote]

Thats funny because you cant do the same thing with the moon because the light is much weaker so it doesnt give off those prominent rays the sun does. Mr smarty pants. . Maybe you haven't conducted any experiments at ALL. 

Heres the actual math and experiment conducted on the sun.  Using 2016 google earth information. Have fun soaking up that truth :) 
PTT

?

frenat

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 06:02:43 PM »

Thats funny because you cant do the same thing with the moon because the light is much weaker so it doesnt give off those prominent rays the sun does. Mr smarty pants. . Maybe you haven't conducted any experiments at ALL. 

Heres the actual math and experiment conducted on the sun.  Using 2016 google earth information. Have fun soaking up that truth :)
You think you need to see prominent rays to measure the position of the Moon in the sky?  Really?  Thanks for proving you haven't done it yourself.  And of course you ignored the fact that you can bounce a radio signal off of it as well.

So you don't have any proof that people in South America couldn't see the Moon directly overhead at that time then?

You know the best part of that video?  Where he's drawing precise lines on a Mercator PROJECTION with all its known distortion and assuming he comes up with something accurate.

Oh and I fixed your screwed to hell quotes.  You can thank me later.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:05:17 PM by frenat »