Define zeteticism.

• 132 Replies
?

Wordsmith

• The Immoveable Stone in your World of Weak
Re: Define zeteticism.
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2008, 03:41:23 PM »
Too bad it was a honest question ....
You either completely misunderstand the relevant points because you are unfamiliar with them, or you choose to manipulate your interpretation to continue to deceive others

« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2008, 03:48:20 PM »

Astronomers of this time period saw the result of this being unsalvageable for a Ptolemaic cosmology, if the results were accepted as true. As a result, later 17th century competition between astronomical cosmologies focused on variations of Tycho Brahe's Tychonic system (in which the Earth was still at the center of the universe, and around it revolved the Sun, but all other planets revolved around the Sun in one massive set of epicycles), or variations on the Copernican system."

FAILED again FErs ......

Did you not read the bold parts?  Or do you really think the phases of venus prove the EARTH cycles the sun??  Not to mention that none of us believe in the Ptolemaic or Tychonic models.  They are just convenient contradictions of your outlandish claim that the earth circles the sun.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2008, 03:50:52 PM »
Too bad it was a honest question ....
and off topic. It was spam.

?

Wordsmith

« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2008, 05:10:51 PM »

Astronomers of this time period saw the result of this being unsalvageable for a Ptolemaic cosmology, if the results were accepted as true. As a result, later 17th century competition between astronomical cosmologies focused on variations of Tycho Brahe's Tychonic system (in which the Earth was still at the center of the universe, and around it revolved the Sun, but all other planets revolved around the Sun in one massive set of epicycles), or variations on the Copernican system."

FAILED again FErs ......

Did you not read the bold parts?  Or do you really think the phases of venus prove the EARTH cycles the sun??  Not to mention that none of us believe in the Ptolemaic or Tychonic models.  They are just convenient contradictions of your outlandish claim that the earth circles the sun.

I knew your response was going to be vaccuous tripe like this.
You either completely misunderstand the relevant points because you are unfamiliar with them, or you choose to manipulate your interpretation to continue to deceive others

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2008, 05:25:57 PM »
man, you are so easy to bait its stupid.

Yep, HAS to be.

Unless you have some magical way that NO ONE in hundreds of years has come up with that allows venus to have phases. The discovery of the phases of venus was the last nail in the coffin for geocentric theory. It CANNOT be rectified. Thanks for playing tho.

How do the phases of Venus prove that the sun has to be at the center of the solar system?

I have you guys figured out.

You FErs don't know ANYTHING about ANYTHING.

Here, an easy to understand version for you guys right from the wiki so you don't hurt your brain:

"Ptolemy placed Venus's deferent and epicycle entirely inside the sphere of the Sun (between the Sun and Mercury), but this was arbitrary; he could just as easily have swapped Venus and Mercury and put them on the other side of the Sun, or made any other arrangement of Venus and Mercury, as long as they were always near a line running from the Earth through the Sun. In this case, if the Sun is the source of all the light, under the Ptolemaic system:

If Venus is between Earth and the Sun, the phase of Venus must always be crescent or all dark.

If Venus is beyond the Sun, the phase of Venus must always be gibbous or full.

But Galileo saw Venus at first small and full, and later large and crescent.

FAILED again FErs ......

FEers don't believe in the Ptolemaic system.  ::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Wordsmith

« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »
mght as well be, geocentricity is practically identical and im sure Ptolemaic or Tychonic models, despite being fatally flawed, fit observations far better than the models FErs have never produced for summary execution and ridicule.

Think maybe theres a reason for this?

i think its conspiracy of the fatally ignorant myself ......

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2008, 02:09:14 PM »
mght as well be, geocentricity is practically identical and im sure Ptolemaic or Tychonic models, despite being fatally flawed, fit observations far better than the models FErs have never produced for summary execution and ridicule.

the ptolemaic system is flawed in that it assumes perfect round orbits and such. Also didn't they believe in a round earth (which would ruin their equations)

?

Wordsmith

« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2008, 03:06:39 PM »

Also didn't they believe in a round earth (which would ruin their equations)

Because the earth is round, and so it did ruin thier equations .... gee, imagine that.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »

Because the earth is round, and so it did ruin thier equations .... gee, imagine that.
So you assume the earth is round, then their equations don't work. We know it's flat, and our equations work. hmmm.... score one for FE.

?

Wordsmith

« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2008, 03:18:44 PM »

So you assume the earth is round, then their equations don't work. We know it's flat, and our equations work. hmmm.... score one for FE.

What "equations" do you have that "work" without throwing out 3/4 of the physics book?

Yeah, thought so .....

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2008, 08:46:30 PM »
What "equations" do you have that "work" without throwing out 3/4 of the physics book?

Yeah, thought so .....

I don't need an equation to see that the earth is flat.

?

Wordsmith

« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2008, 04:08:40 PM »

Yeah, thought so .....

too bad you NEED the rest of physics that prove it in orer to yank a bit here or there and discount the inconvenient "rest" of physics that make a complete mockery of your so-called "science". have you maroons ever done ANYTHING to contribute to the scientific community? ANYTHING at all to make our day to day lives better?

Yeah, thought so ....

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2008, 12:05:05 PM »

Yeah, thought so .....

too bad you NEED the rest of physics that prove it in orer to yank a bit here or there and discount the inconvenient "rest" of physics that make a complete mockery of your so-called "science". have you maroons ever done ANYTHING to contribute to the scientific community? ANYTHING at all to make our day to day lives better?

Yeah, thought so ....
So which part of the physics book says flat objects do not exist? I really should get rid of this mouse pad, defying the laws of physics and all.....