Breaking news: Satellites do exist !!!

• 403 Replies
Breaking news: Satellites do exist !!!
« on: April 10, 2013, 05:12:02 AM »
FEers don't believe in satellites as the existence of satellites can be used to disprove that the earth is flat . Satellites can take pictures of a round earth and FEers don't like to see them. For FEers, those pictures are fabricated. Geostationary satellites are even worse. In order for an object to be geostationary, the object must orbit around the earth at the same angular velocity as earth's rotation and at a certain altitude above the equator such that the centrifugal force due to the orbital movement is equal to the gravitational force.

An object cannot orbit a flat earth while remaining stationary above it. Furthermore, geostationary orbit is at 22,000 miles from earth, way above the FE sun. So satellite existence simply doesn't fit into FE model.

FEers say GPS works based on Loran (LOng RAnge Navigation), a terrestrial radio navigation system. Radio can travel long distance in FE model because the earth is flat. FEers also say that satellite TV works based on transmission towers. Dishes don't get signal from a geostationary satellite but rather from a very tall tower somewhere.

But how tall can these towers be? And where are they exactly located? Before answering my questions, I will show you some pictures taken in some places near the equator for you to ponder.

Everyone who lives where I come from is used to this kind of scenery. We all believe that satellites do exist since birth because the proof is everywhere around us. So yes we are all born REers.

So there you are and I guess now it's time for me to listen to you :)

EDIT 28/08/2013: Thank you for all of you who have participated and those who have attempted to give explanation. For others, you are more than welcome to read through pages of comments posted here so far but I'd also like to provide below a summary of what have been discussed. By this summary, at least I expect you to avoid double post, or to complete a half-baked hypothesis proposed by others.

Only two reasonable hypothesis have been proposed so far by FE proponents:
  • Some sort of stratellites exist. They are caught up in the wake of the UA, causing them to circle the Earth just as the celestial objects. Flaw: the dishes don't move so those stratellites don't circle the Earth neither. They are stationary. Unanswered questions from this hypothesis include why they don't circle the Earth like other celestial objects and why they have to be above the equator (and most of the time above the ocean)
  • Equatorial towers sending the signals upward and to get the signals bounced back by ionosphere. Flaw: there is what we call critical angle and critical frequency. Only the lower end of HF signals (in the order of MHz) can be bounced back to Earth by the atmosphere. The higher the frequency the lower the incidence angle has to be for the signal to be bounced back. Moreover, those dishes are designed for GHz signals, way above bounceable HF signals. One unanswered question from this hypothesis is that in most cases those towers would have to be in the middle of the ocean.

I really hope that one of you can give at least one flawless hypothesis for the benefits of other flat earthers. I do not include baseless arguments in the list above. They don't count as hypothesis as they simply fail observation such as
  • Those dishes are rain water collector. → the photos show dishes which are clearly made of meshed material
  • Those dishes are solar power dishes. → solar power dishes are always shiny to reflect solar radiation
  • The feedhorn of the dishes are actuality tiny black holes used as "light magnets" to pull signals from space. → you don't observe anomaly around the feedhorn
  • And finally, satellites simply don't exist without any further explanation. → this is an attitude which I cannot accept in this thread

EDIT 29/08/2013: The new readers may find that some passages are difficult to follow. This is because one poster, sceptimatic, has decided for some reasons unknown to me to remove all his posts from this thread. Although most, if not all, of his posts are generally low content but this irrational deletion makes some conversations -- especially those that replied to him without quoting -- are hard to understand.

I apologize for this but it was out of my control.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:37:41 AM by Cartesian »
I think, therefore I am

Re: Breaking news: Satellites do exist !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 07:09:21 AM »
Before I forget, please do other fellow FEers a favour by ensuring that your explanation does make sense. Easy, short answer like "read FAQ" or nonsense will only show how weak your belief is.
I think, therefore I am

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 07:16:13 AM »
you should move
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 07:26:20 AM »
you should move

Why?

EDIT: to be honest Sean, I didn't expect to have such a short post here. So, please explain.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:28:38 AM by Cartesian »
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 11:08:54 AM »
What are those dishes looking at? Why are they all looking upward in the entire country? Can any serious FEer give a sensible answer to that? .... The truth is up there.
I think, therefore I am

?

darknavyseal

• Round Earth, for sure, maybe.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »
Simple. The light waves emitted from ground stations goes up and bends down to meet the satellites from above.......wait. Doesn't light bend up, not down? dangit, I got nothin'.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 03:01:17 PM »
Those are clearly rainwater collectors. 

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 03:12:57 PM »
there are those that believe that hundreds if not thousands of blimp like "stratelites" hover near the edge of space, explaining why the dishes are pointing straight up.
of course as trying to follow the Zetetic Method, i believe satellites do exist, and they caught up in the wake of the UA, causing them to circle the Earth. Just as the celestial objects.

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 10:35:21 PM »
I've never seen this explained - what on earth keeps the "stratelites" up for so long, and who's responsible for coordinating them such that they so perfectly mimic satellites in orbit?

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 12:36:22 AM »
So these 'stratellites' can hover(?) near the edge of space, but we can't enter space? Is there a magic space barrier? Wait I thought only RE'rs used magic, now i'm confused   :(

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 12:58:03 AM »

They are able to watch Oprah as well from those collectors. Isn't the technology amazing nowadays?
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 01:27:01 AM »
there are those that believe that hundreds if not thousands of blimp like "stratelites" hover near the edge of space, explaining why the dishes are pointing straight up.
of course as trying to follow the Zetetic Method, i believe satellites do exist, and they caught up in the wake of the UA, causing them to circle the Earth. Just as the celestial objects.

Hmmm blimp like stratellites and UA caught satellite. Interesting.

I am not sure that you can explain why all those dishes point exactly upward, every single one of them, where ever you are in the country which spans multiple time zones. What is their altitude? Higher or lower than the 3,000-mile high Sun (remember all dishes point upward)? Why can't I point my dish slightly tilted to point to the neighbouring stratellite/satellite to receive the same signal? What is the beam width (in degree) of each stratellite or satellite?

In the case of stratellites, how long can they stay up? What keep them stationary?

In the case of satellites, unlike what you said, these geostationary objects don't move. They are stationary from the point of view of earth. So can an object caught by UA be stationary? Why they don't behave like other celestial objects?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:28:50 AM by Cartesian »
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 09:17:28 AM »
OK, at least I know few conditions which these blimp like stratellites or UA satellites must satisfy in order for them to be realistically possible. For the sake of simplicity, from now on I will just refer to both of them as blimp except when I specifically refer to one of them either as stratellite or satellite.
  • Its altitude is definitely less than 3,000 miles as otherwise the signal will be obstructed by the Sun or the Moon, but it has to be high enough to be invisible from observers on earth
  • For a given size of coverage area, its cost must be considerably less than a simple TV tower (otherwise, just build towers rather than send blimps and be busy covering it up). Let's use an  example, assume that the cost of a blimp is equal to the cost of a tower, then each blimp must be able to cover a larger area than a tower. From where I live now, I am able to receive TV signal perfectly from a tower 40 miles away from my home, so if we just assume that a tower can only cover a 40-mile radius then a blimp must be able to cover area larger than 40-mile radius for it to be preferred than a tower. This will determine how many blimps are needed to cover let's say a 3,500 mile wide country
But that's the only two so far really. The rest would be a speculation from my part and I don't want to do that at this stage.

So blimp believers (stratellite or UA satellite), I invite you to shed more lights to the rest of us. Blimp may be the only explanation why those dishes are looking upward. I don't see any other explanation possible. Give us as many information as possible such as:
  • What the altitude is
  • What the coverage footprint is or how far apart they are from each other
  • What keeps them stationary
  • How long they can stay up there
  • What they are made of
  • How they get there
  • Etc
The more the information the better.

As a side note, I am also interested in knowing whether it is possible for blimps not to fail at the same time. If one blimp fails, do other blimps have to fail or can some of them still keep transmitting? Or blimps cannot fail and it's always the fault of the ground base station? In my experience, if there is a problem with our satellite everyone experiences black out at the same time.
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 02:58:13 PM »
I can't believe there is not even a single FEer who dares to answer to my thread .. I know that the truth hurts .. but at least give it a shot guys ..
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 03:22:59 PM »
i thought i just did, or tried.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »

More like huge pasta strainers.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 12:13:45 AM »

You are the first who introduced the concept of blimp in this thread. Thank you for that. But you didn't elaborate further. You didn't provide any hypothesis or theory to support the model. I have a lot of questions about this stratellite or UA satellite which need to be answered.

Actually the background of this thread is to introduce a new angle to this kind of topic. I know it has been discussed many times by many of other posters here. But I believe that most if not all of you live in either northern or southern "hemisphere" so that the inclination angle of your dishes is tilted toward the horizon (south horizon if you live in the north or north horizon if you live in the south). I want to show you that there are also other people who live on the same earth as you with upward dishes.

This adds a new question (the last one below) to my list:
  • What is the altitude?
  • What is the coverage footprint or how far apart are they from each other?
  • What keeps them stationary?
  • How long can they stay up there?
  • What are they made of?
  • How do they get there?
  • Why do they have to stay above the equator? If they are just blimp who can hover idly above anything, why don't you simply fly them above your location which is nearer than the equator?
I think, therefore I am

?

darknavyseal

• Round Earth, for sure, maybe.
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 02:36:28 AM »

You are the first who introduced the concept of blimp in this thread. Thank you for that. But you didn't elaborate further. You didn't provide any hypothesis or theory to support the model. I have a lot of questions about this stratellite or UA satellite which need to be answered.

Actually the background of this thread is to introduce a new angle to this kind of topic. I know it has been discussed many times by many of other posters here. But I believe that most if not all of you live in either northern or southern "hemisphere" so that the inclination angle of your dishes is tilted toward the horizon (south horizon if you live in the north or north horizon if you live in the south). I want to show you that there are also other people who live on the same earth as you with upward dishes.

This adds a new question (the last one below) to my list:
  • What is the altitude?
  • What is the coverage footprint or how far apart are they from each other?
  • What keeps them stationary?
  • How long can they stay up there?
  • What are they made of?
  • How do they get there?
  • Why do they have to stay above the equator? If they are just blimp who can hover idly above anything, why don't you simply fly them above your location which is nearer than the equator?

You are implying that you expect an FE person to actually do work in order to answer your questions. They will never look anything up on google, because everyone but them (FES) is lying, and they don't have the money or expertise to actually make their own technology to answer your questions. They use conspiracy theories to black out evidence, and they make up their own rules for the universe. (bendy light)

The one guy who is writing a book for FES is doing so because he had a spiritual "enlightenment" episode. No joke. Spiritual enlightenment. Or some kind of "revelation". This is who you are working with. Don't be surprised.

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 03:24:04 AM »
You are implying that you expect an FE person to actually do work in order to answer your questions. They will never look anything up on google, because everyone but them (FES) is lying, and they don't have the money or expertise to actually make their own technology to answer your questions. They use conspiracy theories to black out evidence, and they make up their own rules for the universe. (bendy light)

The one guy who is writing a book for FES is doing so because he had a spiritual "enlightenment" episode. No joke. Spiritual enlightenment. Or some kind of "revelation". This is who you are working with. Don't be surprised.

I don't really expect FE believers to start a new research again. It seems to me that the idea of stratellite has been around for a while. Some works must have surely been done by FE believers in the past or maybe some people had spiritual enlightenment about it. Regardless how these guys come up with the idea of stratellite or UA caught satellite, I just want to see whether that idea can fit with my observations (and of course, with the observation of everyone who lives at the equator).
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 03:54:59 AM »
Sceptic 1 photos appears to have a hill in the background. The rest do not. And all appear to have the same sat dish? Have you ever walked down a uk street? Ever noticed how all sat dishes seem to be of the same design? Funny that. And if you want to see more examples of these photos then go on google and look. Why are you once again asking people to do your research for you? You do like to be spoon fed don't you. Lol

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 04:04:46 AM »
So those pictures are of satellite receivers are they. Is there any chance you can show some more of the surrounding area to where these are positioned as it looks like this place is in some kind of valley or dip.
It appears that everybody owns a satellite dish of exactly the same design complete with a free policemans helmet on top.

Is it the design that bothers you? Can you explain what your point is?
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 04:24:29 AM »
Then go on, do a bit of reaserch. Get back to us when you find out. Thanx.

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 04:58:56 AM »
I'm just asking for some more pictures of the surrounding area, like a much wider view.

What does the surrounding area have anything to do with those dishes? Are you planning to derail the conversation?

I think, therefore I am

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 05:00:50 AM »
sceptimatic, I really hope you can come up with something. Enlighten us all!
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 06:32:29 AM »
I wanted a wider view of the whole area, not another close up view.
An aerial view of the surrounding area would be nice, if you don't mind.

Explain the reason first, if you don't mind
I think, therefore I am

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 06:46:59 AM »
I think that he's trying to suggest that those dishes are pointing at transmitters on nearby mountains, which it's pretty obvious that they aren't.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 06:48:11 AM »
and how will this help sceptic?

have you ever been out of you town? because it really dosent seem like it. you are trying to suggest that these photos are fake and that near the equator dishes do not point like this?

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 06:53:05 AM »
I just want to figure out where this place is situated that's all. So an aerial view or even a few views from say, mountain areas, that type of thing.

If I am not mistaken there are only a dozen of countries in the world which are located on the equator. And honestly why does the place matter?
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 08:00:04 AM »
I don't need to do any research

That about sums up the Flat Earth Society.

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 08:38:04 AM »
I think that he's trying to suggest that those dishes are pointing at transmitters on nearby mountains, which it's pretty obvious that they aren't.
I'm actually wondering if they are supposed satellite dishes at all to be honest.

Go to an equatorial country and do the following experiment. Walk along until you see dishes facing upward. Start cutting the wires coming down from those dishes. Finally if you want to stay alive, get ready to run as fast as you can.
I think, therefore I am