Denspressure vs Reality

• 1394 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Denspressure vs Reality
« Reply #1320 on: December 14, 2017, 04:02:40 AM »

Your ego blinds you to the point where you cannot even understand acceleration.
No it doesn't. My ego forces me to look at things in a more realistic and basic way.
I will never understand anything if I enter the maze from the finish, because the finish never shows me all the places to start.
To solve the maze, I must start at the start until I can find the finish.

You are stuck on acceleration as being something other than what it really is, in reality.
You've taken the usual gobbledygook way like all of this type of so called science tends to go.
There's absolutely no reason to say what you say in terms of it meaning anything physical.

If there is, then show me.
Acceleration is one word that describes advanced change in movement.
Change will never ever be constant whether you jerk it or jolt it or yank it or push it or kick it, etc.

It's as simple and as basic as it appears.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1321 on: December 14, 2017, 04:05:32 AM »

No, that's not what I said.  I said they appear to be the same volume but once you squeeze the atmosphere out of the pudding it's volume would be a lot less.
But they don't appear to be the same volume.

If you want to go down that route, do it right.
If you see a 1 inch cube of aluminium and a 1 inch cube of lead then you could argue that they have the same volume by appearance.
The reality would be massively different when you go down the viewing scale but there you go.

So what's your issue?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1322 on: December 14, 2017, 04:14:39 AM »
Can you give me a very simple analogy as to what you class Jerk as.
Just picture yourself driving your car and explain to me what happens when you jerk.
A train or bus would be nicer, more room to move.
Say you are standing in a train or bus, and suddenly it jerks forward, that is it begins to accelerate, going from no acceleration to a significant one.
This results in you feeling like you are falling backwards as your feet jerk forward while the rest of you remains.
But while accelerating, you can then stabilise yourself.

Yeah, like changing gear into a higher gear.
Guess what happens?

I'll go through it all so you are clear on what I'm saying.

If the bus accelerates from a standing position then you jerk, because the bus has changed.....the bus has changed.....the bus has CHANGED it's speed/mph from zero to wherever it accelerates to in terms of a gain in mph.
Until it reaches a set mph it will always be changing/advancing speed (accelerating).

If the bus changes gear during this acceleration, it creates another jerk and that jerk is the direct result of DECELERATION before gear change to then allow ACCELERATION to begin, once again.

Until you can keep a set mph going after all the jolting and jerking through the gears to decelerate and the accelerate once again.....only then will you be able to hit a constant velocity or a set mph.

It's pretty simple and has no requirements for gobbledygook nonsense to be added.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1323 on: December 14, 2017, 04:17:38 AM »
FYI

Jerk is used by designers of roller coasters. It is the change in acceleration that gives you the buzz of adrenaline on rides like this.
There isn't a change in acceleration.
There is a change in speed or velocity.
Acceleration is simply that.

« Reply #1324 on: December 14, 2017, 04:30:01 AM »
FYI

Jerk is used by designers of roller coasters. It is the change in acceleration that gives you the buzz of adrenaline on rides like this.
There really is - look up how engineers have to design roller coasters.  They have to get the level of jerk right - too much and they will cause whiplash.

Engineers generate thrill through acceleration—basically changing riders’ velocity in highly engineered, unnatural ways. Coaster engineers call upon Newton's laws of motion to get riders to feel the combined forces of gravity and acceleration, which produces an exciting, unusual body feel. Loops, corkscrews, and tight turns force riders' bodies vertically and horizontally in calculated ways.

Ever wonder why loops are teardrop shaped, rather than circular? “The challenge is designing the transitions into and out of the loop," Rhoads says. "You need to make sure that you're not inducing jerk,” or changes in acceleration that can lead to whiplash. Anything moving in a circular motion experiences another kind of acceleration called centripetal acceleration, which increases the faster the car goes, or the smaller the circle is. A circular loop would cause a jolt from the sudden addition of the centripetal acceleration. A teardrop shape controls that acceleration, easing the rider through the loop and preventing jerk.
http://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/amusement-parks/roller-coaster-physics

Do you want to tell someone who actually builds roller coasters for a living that they are completely wrong?  That changes in acceleration don't exist, and therefore they shouldn't worry about snapping the necks of their passengers?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1325 on: December 14, 2017, 05:46:06 AM »
FYI

There really is - look up how engineers have to design roller coasters.  They have to get the level of jerk right - too much and they will cause whiplash.
I'm not arguing about what jerk is in itself. I'm simply telling you that jerk immediately shuts down acceleration to deceleration before acceleration begins again.

Engineers generate thrill through acceleration—basically changing riders’ velocity in highly engineered, unnatural ways.
Changing velocity does not change acceleration.
Acceleration will always be acceleration until it becomes something other than, like deceleration or a constant velocity.

Coaster engineers call upon Newton's laws of motion to get riders to feel the combined forces of gravity and acceleration, which produces an exciting, unusual body feel. Loops, corkscrews, and tight turns force riders' bodies vertically and horizontally in calculated ways.
No such thing as gravity.
Acceleration is fine and acceleration easing to decelerating easing and back to accelerating easing is also fine.
You can always change velocity but you can never ever change acceleration, no matter what.

Ever wonder why loops are teardrop shaped, rather than circular? “The challenge is designing the transitions into and out of the loop," Rhoads says. "You need to make sure that you're not inducing jerk,” or changes in acceleration that can lead to whiplash. Anything moving in a circular motion experiences another kind of acceleration called centripetal acceleration, which increases the faster the car goes, or the smaller the circle is. A circular loop would cause a jolt from the sudden addition of the centripetal acceleration. A teardrop shape controls that acceleration, easing the rider through the loop and preventing jerk.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/amusement-parks/roller-coaster-physics
[/quote]It doesn't matter. You either accelerate or you don't.
If you go faster you change your velocity and if you go slower you change your velocity.
If you continue to build up speed then you are accelerating.
If you cease to accelerate you either become constant with a set applied energy or you decelerate by release of it.

Simple enough and all what's applied to everything...including your rollercoaster.

Do you want to tell someone who actually builds roller coasters for a living that they are completely wrong?
What are they doing wrong?
They're just doing what I've said.

That changes in acceleration don't exist, and therefore they shouldn't worry about snapping the necks of their passengers?
But changes in acceleration do not exist.
Changes in velocity exist.

Take some time to think on it.

« Reply #1326 on: December 14, 2017, 06:11:58 AM »
FYI

I'm not arguing about what jerk is in itself. I'm simply telling you that jerk immediately shuts down acceleration to deceleration before acceleration begins again.

Engineers generate thrill through acceleration—basically changing riders’ velocity in highly engineered, unnatural ways.
Acceleration will always be acceleration until it becomes something other than, like deceleration or a constant velocity.

Coaster engineers call upon Newton's laws of motion to get riders to feel the combined forces of gravity and acceleration, which produces an exciting, unusual body feel. Loops, corkscrews, and tight turns force riders' bodies vertically and horizontally in calculated ways.
Acceleration is fine and acceleration easing to decelerating easing and back to accelerating easing is also fine.
You can always change velocity but you can never ever change acceleration, no matter what.

It doesn't matter. You either accelerate or you don't.
If you go faster you change your velocity and if you go slower you change your velocity.
If you continue to build up speed then you are accelerating.
If you cease to accelerate you either become constant with a set applied energy or you decelerate by release of it.

Simple enough and all what's applied to everything...including your rollercoaster.

Do you want to tell someone who actually builds roller coasters for a living that they are completely wrong?

That changes in acceleration don't exist, and therefore they shouldn't worry about snapping the necks of their passengers?
Changes in velocity exist.

tldr: They is no such thing as differentiation.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:19:42 AM by Empirical »

« Reply #1327 on: December 14, 2017, 06:13:08 AM »
Expect they're not - they are concerned with changes in acceleration - something you say doesn't exist.  For reasons I'm not clear about.

So, if I'm accelerating at 10 m/s/s and then I accelerate at 15 m/s/s there is no change in acceleration?    You are a very silly boy sometimes scepti.

I have.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1328 on: December 14, 2017, 06:48:51 AM »

So, if I'm accelerating at 10 m/s/s and then I accelerate at 15 m/s/s there is no change in acceleration? 

Nope.
There is a change in velocity though.

« Reply #1329 on: December 14, 2017, 07:40:14 AM »

Your ego blinds you to the point where you cannot even understand acceleration.
No it doesn't. My ego forces me to look at things in a more realistic and basic way.
I will never understand anything if I enter the maze from the finish, because the finish never shows me all the places to start.
To solve the maze, I must start at the start until I can find the finish.

You are stuck on acceleration as being something other than what it really is, in reality.
You've taken the usual gobbledygook way like all of this type of so called science tends to go.
There's absolutely no reason to say what you say in terms of it meaning anything physical.

Change will never ever be constant whether you jerk it or jolt it or yank it or push it or kick it, etc.

It's as simple and as basic as it appears.

We have told you that your understanding of acceleration is flawed, given you real world examples, and explained the math. I can help you understand it better, but you have to realize the limitations of your knowledge before you can learn. This is your ego, keeping you ignorant.

« Reply #1330 on: December 14, 2017, 07:47:40 AM »

So, if I'm accelerating at 10 m/s/s and then I accelerate at 15 m/s/s there is no change in acceleration? 

Nope.

An acceleration of 10 m/s/s is clearly different to 15 m/s/s.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #1331 on: December 14, 2017, 07:57:59 AM »
Acceleration is the measurement of how quickly velocity is changing.

If your velocity is increasing rapidly it will have a higher acceleration than if your velocity was increasing slowly.

This is the most basic of concepts.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1332 on: December 14, 2017, 08:58:47 AM »

If your velocity is increasing rapidly it will have a higher acceleration than if your velocity was increasing slowly.

It will have higher velocity not higher acceleration.
Acceleration is simply that no matter what you try and add to make it something else.

« Reply #1333 on: December 14, 2017, 09:01:52 AM »

Acceleration is simply that no matter what you try and add to make it something else.
Consider an object moving on a line. After t seconds it is t^3 meters away from where it started.
So after t seconds it's velocity is 3*t^2 ms-2
So after t seconds it's acceleration is 6t, which clearly changes with time.

« Reply #1334 on: December 14, 2017, 10:00:27 AM »

When car manufacturers claim acceleration figures are they lying? Do all cars accelerate at the same rate? And irrespective of how far the throttle is opened?

« Reply #1335 on: December 14, 2017, 10:09:26 AM »

When car manufacturers claim acceleration figures are they lying? Do all cars accelerate at the same rate? And irrespective of how far the throttle is opened?
Yes to all

« Reply #1336 on: December 14, 2017, 12:36:57 PM »

So if I asked you the question:

How many seconds does it take to go from 0 m/s to 10 m/s?

How would you answer without a measure of acceleration?

JackBlack

« Reply #1337 on: December 14, 2017, 12:39:33 PM »
No it doesn't.
It forces you to refuse to admit your model is wrong or your understanding of something is wrong, continually acting like your model is correct no matter how many problems are pointed out with it and refusing to accept that there is nothing wrong with the current model even though you can point out no problem with it.

You can't even accept something as simple as constant acceleration.

No, you are stuck on acceleration, viewing it in one specific way and refusing to see it any other way.
Meanwhile you are stuck viewing velocity in a different specific way, even though the way you view the 2 can be switched.

Yes there is. Acceleration, like velocity, is a rate.
This has direct physical implications.
It is a measure of how quickly your velocity is changing.
Just like velocity is a measure of how quickly your position is changing.

We have repeatedly with you just ignoring it and repeating the same childish crap.

No, it can be constant as it is a rate.
Velocity is one word that describes a change in position.
As such, the exact same arguments apply for acceleration and velocity.
If you can't have constant acceleration because it is a change you can't have constant velocity because it is a change.

This has all been pointed out before and you have been unable to refute it in any way.
This shows that either you are a dishonest troll, or your ego blinds you.
Which is it?

But they don't appear to be the same volume.
If you want to go down that route, do it right.
If you see a 1 inch cube of aluminium and a 1 inch cube of lead then you could argue that they have the same volume by appearance.
i.e. that they appear to be the same volume.
But you just said they don't appear to be the same volume.

Which is it?
Do they have the same volume by appearance and thus appear to be the same volume, or do they not?

You do sure seem to love contradicting yourself.

The reality would be massively different when you go down the viewing scale but there you go.
Not they aren't.
They are both FCC structures.
They have the same portion of free space in their volume.

I'll go through it all so you are clear on what I'm saying.
We know what you are saying, we know it is bullshit.
Perhaps you should start listening to what we are saying and see if you can understand it; or see if you can do more than just repeating the same refuted crap.

If the bus accelerates from a standing position then you jerk, because the bus has changed it's speed/mph from zero to wherever it accelerates to in terms of a gain in mph.
No, the bus has jerked, because it has changed its acceleration.
Similarly, if the bus was in one position, and then moves, the bus has changed its position. Velocity is a change as well.

Until it reaches a set mph it will always be changing/advancing speed (accelerating).
And it can do so at a constant rate, i.e. without jerk.

And until it reaches a set position, it will always be changing/advancing position (moving at a speed).

If the bus changes gear during this acceleration, it creates another jerk and that jerk is the direct result of DECELERATION before gear change to then allow ACCELERATION to begin, once again.
Yes, that jerk is a result of change in acceleration. But it doesn't require deceleration.
It is because the acceleration is no longer constant.
Although even more fun you are actually more prone to feeling the rate of change of jerk.

Until you can keep a set mph going after all the jolting and jerking through the gears to decelerate and the accelerate once again.....only then will you be able to hit a constant velocity or a set mph.
Or you can go through some jerking and then have a constant acceleration.
But only when you stop moving entirely (i.e. have a velocity of 0) will you be able to hit a constant position.

It's pretty simple and has no requirements for gobbledygook nonsense to be added.
Yet none of that has addressed the issue raised, that you can have a constant acceleration as it is a rate, just like velocity, and just like position and velocity, you can have a rate of change of acceleration i.e. jerk.

There is a change in speed or velocity.
Acceleration is simply that.
Acceleration is a rate of change in speed or velocity.
If there was no change in acceleration the acceleration would need to be constant.
So do you now accept you can have constant acceleration?

I'm simply telling you
And that is the problem.
You are just "telling us".
You aren't providing any rational justification.
You are just spouting crap.

Yes, that is right, you can have constant acceleration where your velocity changes at a constant rate.

You are yet to explain away all the evidence for it, or provide any rational reason to doubt it.

If that was the case, your acceleration would always be constant.
The simple fact is people change acceleration all the time.
If you are standing still for a period of time, and then start walking, you have changed acceleration.

It doesn't matter. You either accelerate or you don't.
It does matter. Acceleration isn't an on off thing.
It is a rate.
What you are doing is akin to saying speed doesn't matter, you either move or you don't.
If you move forward you change your position and if you move backwards you change your position.
If you continue to move forward then you are moving.
If you cease to move (i.e. velocity=0) then you become a constant position.

No. Too simple.
It ignores the rate of acceleration, just like you would be too simple if you ignored the velocity, or rate of moving.

No they aren't.
They are designing taking jerk into account.

Good advice, perhaps you should stop spouting so much childish bullshit and try thinking for once in your life?

Nightsky

• Know the implications of what you believe.
« Reply #1338 on: December 14, 2017, 02:37:14 PM »
Go Jack...
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Oh for the love of- Logical formulation:
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1339 on: December 15, 2017, 01:06:11 AM »

Consider an object moving on a line. After t seconds it is t^3 meters away from where it started.
So after t seconds it's velocity is 3*t^2 ms-2
So after t seconds it's acceleration is 6t, which clearly changes with time.
So therefore it is not a constant.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1340 on: December 15, 2017, 01:10:42 AM »

Some cars accelerate to a set distance faster than other cars. They all accelerate and all acceleration is a change in velocity/speed/mph/km/h/m/s...etc.

There's no constant.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1341 on: December 15, 2017, 01:13:12 AM »

I'd just say something like, 10 seconds.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1342 on: December 15, 2017, 01:30:19 AM »
You can't even accept something as simple as constant acceleration.
That's because there's no such thing as constant acceleration, that's why.

No, you are stuck on acceleration, viewing it in one specific way and refusing to see it any other way.
Meanwhile you are stuck viewing velocity in a different specific way, even though the way you view the 2 can be switched.
I'm viewing it all in a way that makes sense and not in a way that makes no sense at all.

Acceleration, like velocity, is a rate.
This has direct physical implications.
It is a measure of how quickly your velocity is changing.
Just like velocity is a measure of how quickly your position is changing.
The word CHANGING is the key.
There's no constant.

Velocity is one word that describes a change in position.
Velocity is a word that describes a rate of speed in a given direction.

As such, the exact same arguments apply for acceleration and velocity.
Acceleration is an advancement in velocity.
Acceleration is always change.
Velocity is not.

If you can't have constant acceleration because it is a change you can't have constant velocity because it is a change.
But you can.
Acceleration is always change and can never be anything else but change.
To make it be anything other such as a constant then you have to change the name to a velocity and then use the words CONSTANT VELOCITY to describe a set movement.

This has all been pointed out before and you have been unable to refute it in any way.
This shows that either you are a dishonest troll, or your ego blinds you.
Which is it?
I'm refuting it quite well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:34:20 AM by sceptimatic »

« Reply #1343 on: December 15, 2017, 01:36:05 AM »
Some cars accelerate to a set distance faster than other cars. They all accelerate and all acceleration is a change in velocity/speed/mph/km/h/m/s...etc.

There's no constant.

That's the point. The rate of acceleration varies. It can be higher or lower. You seemed to be arguing against that:

Nope.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1344 on: December 15, 2017, 01:43:08 AM »

That's the point. The rate of acceleration varies. It can be higher or lower. You seemed to be arguing against that:

The rate of velocity varies.
Acceleration is merely acceleration and that's that.
There's nothing more to add to acceleration.

If you want to add to acceleration then you must use advancement in speed or velocity.
You cannot use advancement in acceleration because the word describes advanced change at all times whether it's a slow change or a fast change in advancement.

Have a think on it.

Nightsky

« Reply #1345 on: December 15, 2017, 01:51:17 AM »

So how long is it going to take you to produce your evidence for you magic molecules? It’s really looking like you just made it all up.

You really don’t understand acceleration do you.
An object can accelerate at 1m/sec ^2 between t0 and t5
An object can accelerate at 2m/sec ^2 between t5 and t10
An object can accelerate at 4m/sec ^2 between t15and t20

While you can have a rate of change of velocity
There can also be a rate of change of acceleration.
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

Nightsky

« Reply #1346 on: December 15, 2017, 01:54:37 AM »

If you want to add to acceleration then you must use advancement in speed or velocity.
You cannot use advancement in acceleration because the word describes advanced change at all times whether it's a slow change or a fast change in advancement.

Have a think on it.

Are you saying you can’t have a rate of change of acceleration ?....if so that makes no sense whatsoever!
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Jane said these

« Reply #1347 on: December 15, 2017, 02:07:28 AM »

So moving from a slow change in velocity to a fast change in velocity would not, in your view, constitute a change in acceleration?

When some cars accelerate faster than others (which you agreed can happen), this can't be described as different rates of acceleration? Is that what you're saying?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1348 on: December 15, 2017, 02:09:32 AM »

So how long is it going to take you to produce your evidence for you magic molecules? It’s really looking like you just made it all up.

You really don’t understand acceleration do you.
An object can accelerate at 1m/sec ^2 between t0 and t5
An object can accelerate at 2m/sec ^2 between t5 and t10
An object can accelerate at 4m/sec ^2 between t15and t20

While you can have a rate of change of velocity
There can also be a rate of change of acceleration.
I'll produce mine when you produce what you believe in to be against it.

Other than that I'd ask you to use your own brain and thinking rather than perusing every books that goes against what I say and thinking that you are clued up.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1349 on: December 15, 2017, 02:11:24 AM »

Have a think on it.

Are you saying you can’t have a rate of change of acceleration ?....if so that makes no sense whatsoever!
Acceleration is a rate of change of velocity.
What's the matter? Don't you have the ability to actually think for yourself to understand?

Are you Jackblack in disguise?