International Space Station and air leakage.

• 11 Replies

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
International Space Station and air leakage.
« on: September 03, 2018, 10:59:08 AM »
"Roskosmos" called a premature version of the negligence in the assembly of the "Union"
https://www.interfax.ru/russia/627654
Moscow. 3 September. INTERFAX.RU - Roskosmos has named a premature version of the negligence in assembling the Soyuz spacecraft, which allegedly could provoke a leakage of oxygen on the International Space Station.
"The Commission continues to work, all options are being worked on, but there is as yet no priority version and it is premature to talk about the reasons," the Roskosmos press service told Interfax on Monday.
Roskosmos will announce the reasons only after the commission completes its work.
Earlier, various versions of the incident were reported. The head of Roskosmos Dmitry Rogozin suggested that the crack could provoke a micrometeorite.
Earlier, a number of media reported that as the main version of the causes of the leakage is considered negligence in the manufacture of the Soyuz spacecraft.
As reported, the pressure on the ship "Union of MS-09" began to decline on Thursday. Astronauts compensated for the loss of air pressure by 10 mm of mercury from the tanks docked to the ISS space vehicle "Progress".
At us now the stream goes on discussion of the given theme. Where the removed photos from bases of NAASA discuss.
Who that dumet at the expense of drilled holes negligent employee in the assembly of International Space Station?
They say that the hole was sealed with special glue on the ground and now the glue burst in space.
https://picua.org/images/2018/09/03/1548f7c4e5b17b73bce51c1d236b4257.png
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:03:45 AM by Heavenly Breeze »
The earth believes, because magic exists!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: International Space Station and air leakage.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 03:46:43 PM »
"Roskosmos" called a premature version of the negligence in the assembly of the "Union"
Moscow. 3 September. INTERFAX.RU - Roskosmos has named a premature version of the negligence in assembling the Soyuz spacecraft, which allegedly could provoke a leakage of oxygen on the International Space Station.
Air leaks on the ISS are not all that uncommon. You could read: Space Safety Magazine, Listening for Leaks on ISSBy Merryl Azriel on July 8, 2013 in Life in Orbit.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 04:17:06 PM »
"The Commission continues to work, all options are being worked on, but there is as yet no priority version and it is premature to talk about the reasons," the Roskosmos press service told Interfax on Monday.
Roskosmos will announce the reasons only after the commission completes its work.
Earlier, various versions of the incident were reported. The head of Roskosmos Dmitry Rogozin suggested that the crack could provoke a micrometeorite.
Earlier, a number of media reported that as the main version of the causes of the leakage is considered negligence in the manufacture of the Soyuz spacecraft.
As reported, the pressure on the ship "Union of MS-09" began to decline on Thursday. Astronauts compensated for the loss of air pressure by 10 mm of mercury from the tanks docked to the ISS space vehicle "Progress".
At us now the stream goes on discussion of the given theme. Where the removed photos from bases of NAASA discuss.
Who that dumet at the expense of drilled holes negligent employee in the assembly of International Space Station?
They say that the hole was sealed with special glue on the ground and now the glue burst in space.
https://picua.org/images/2018/09/03/1548f7c4e5b17b73bce51c1d236b4257.png

Could someone translate this into English please?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 09:36:31 AM »
AM... Generally that I not how many I speak about leak, and about that from where this hole in a ship covering undertook. It was obviously drilled in space. Generally astronauts quarreled with astronauts. And now not clear what all this will come to an end. The question is rhetorical, for which it was all necessary, or it is a sabotage.
Here the website in English.

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2018/08/soyuz-station-leak-no-threat-repairs-continue/#more-57857

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 05:06:08 AM »
Me be sure not point post this of is.
If you are wondering about why there was a hole in the soyuz module - my opinion is: People are stupid and do mistakes - starting with drilling a hole in wrong part, and choosing wrong glue for repair. Of course, angry employee could also be answer.
As to the "astronauts use thumbs to fix leaks" - see no problem with that. You could plug 5cm hole with your hand. Sure, you'd get nice bruises after few minutes, and it would be really hard to tear off you hand after, but totally doable, as anyone who ever had fun with vacuum pump knows. Also the part of soyuz where the hole was found will not reenter atmosphere with intent to land, but burn there so i doubt they will be putting much effort into fixing it correctly. Epoxide can hold for a long time even in vacuum.
Also - i i wanted to commit suicide or kill someone on ISS(me along everyone else), drilling a small hole would be the last thing i considered. Much better would be smashing one of observation windows. Ahhh, the fun of slow suffocation.
Edit: Just noticed: "Astronauts compensated for the loss of air pressure by 10 mm of mercury from the tanks" And that one was good. Very good. :D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:07:53 AM by Xxdx »

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 06:38:44 AM »
I doubt one is able to smash an ISS observation window.
Be gentle

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 07:20:38 AM »
You know the saying - what is not possible with force, is possible with greater force :)
But yeah, good point.

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 08:40:32 AM »
You know the saying - what is not possible with force, is possible with greater force :)
But yeah, good point.
Could be a new thread though ... How to kill oneself or another in the ISS.

I’d take the aforementioned drill to lobotomize the victim under the vacuum shower.
Be gentle

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 08:23:48 PM »
What is the point in all this, what are you talking about here?
We are more sensitive to this case. As it turns out that NASA and Roskosmos are a little deceiving us. Writing tales of this station. We have the supposition that this case was conceived specially to distract people from reality and to justify - huge money for space. Astronauts are heroes. Applause.

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 06:09:08 AM »
What is the point in all this, what are you talking about here?
We are more sensitive to this case. As it turns out that NASA and Roskosmos are a little deceiving us. Writing tales of this station. We have the supposition that this case was conceived specially to distract people from reality and to justify - huge money for space. Astronauts are heroes. Applause.

I think they actually posted it because people are interested what happens up there. They even posted astronauts eating first space-grown salad. It was unsurprisingly dull article.
Hell, on earth when a popstar BlahBlah does something she gets even more press coverage than average ISS wall hole. I think popstars are deceiving us, distracting us from reality and justifying huge money for shouting on a stage "I love you I love me I love everyone I love noone" - repeat hundred times -few hours a week.
I think astronauts work way harder for less money (also, risk of death involved) than some stupid teenage popidol. Huge money for popidols. Popidols are heroes. Applause.

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 09:29:27 AM »
Xxdx - well, you just do not know how many cosmonauts earn ... And how much derebayut money on this in Russia. Russia is a completely different world. In occasion of - money. Everything is different there. I have traveled around Russia for a long time - that's why I can assure you that the "kickbacks" are in the first place there.