WHY?

• 34 Replies

JackBlack

Re: WHY?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2020, 02:54:14 AM »
Never heard of the Nuremberg trials?
Never heard of the mountains of evidence which shows that Earth is round beyond any sane doubt, putting to rest any sane notion of a conspiracy?

If that doesn't stop people what makes you think something like the Nuremberg trials would?

Remember, people that believe in conspiracy theories would go quite far with less than sane ideas.

Also, you will have to explain how a guy like Hitler, at fist a commoner, slowly raised to power by shouting for the death of America and Europe his whole life BEFORE he was elected president; was suddenly trusted by America and Europe to such a massive secret.
Again, it comes down to how much was set up?
Was he truly a commoner that grew to power?
Or was he actually acting right from the start?
Or were some of the details of his childhood "altered"?
Or did he really just want power and riches, and when gaining it was approached by the Americans that agreed to help if he joined them?

You also overlook a big issue, if they did approach him, and he didn't agree, I doubt he would try to "reveal" the secret, as he would just appear to be crazy.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2020, 03:38:03 AM »
You also overlook a big issue, if they did approach him, and he didn't agree, I doubt he would try to "reveal" the secret, as he would just appear to be crazy.
So what you are saying is, that all the Flat Earth Proponents are just people NASA identified as potential world leaders; and revealed to them the secret. They are just extreme underachievers.
I can get behind this.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2020, 09:05:52 AM »
Maybe six million Jews were planning to reveal the "Big Secret"!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2020, 12:15:49 PM »
So what you are saying is, that all the Flat Earth Proponents are just people NASA identified as potential world leaders; and revealed to them the secret. They are just extreme underachievers.
I can get behind this.
How do you like the opinion of the FEIC, Flat Earth International Conference, on "the Flat Earth Society"?
Quote from: Rob Picheta, CNN
The flat-Earth conspiracy is spreading around the globe. Does it hide a darker core?
. . . . . . . . . . .
And thirdly, modern flat Earthers have little in common with the Flat Earth Society, a group that has existed for decades and has more than 200,000 followers on Facebook.

Samuel Shenton, founder of the International Flat Earth Research Society (IFERS), in 1967.

That organization, some speakers told CNN, is a government-controlled body designed to pump out misinformation and make the flat-Earth cause sound far-fetched to curious minds. Davidson calls their theories "completely ridiculous."
The Flat Earth Society told CNN: "We are not a government-controlled body. We're an organization of Flat Earth theorists that long predates most of the FEIC newcomers to the scene."
"It probably goes without saying that we find no joy in this sectarianism, or the elevated emotions that surround some of our disagreements," the group added in response to criticism from speakers at the conference. "We wish the Flat Earth International Conference organizers all the best, but we remain steadfast in our own convictions."
But flat Earthers don't pretend to have all the answers. "People don't really know 100% what (the Earth) is, we're just questioning what we're being told it is," Davidson explains.
Several members of the community have carried out their own experiments, like bringing spirit levels onto airplanes, that have supposedly proved their thesis.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2020, 12:37:32 PM »
There are five common explanations for this, but in the end without toppling the Planar Conspiracy there is no real way to know. Different people believe different explanations, or even ones not mentioned here.

To Control Information: In a similar way to 1984, control of information is control of everything. The flat earth is even mentioned in the book itself.
The problem is who is THEY?
Because who ever "they" is will need friendly co-operation from every other authority in the world, including the likes of both Iran and Israel.
Unless you live under a rock, you will realize that few countries agree on anything.
Obviously. This is not a problem; you have just restated the premise.

They are wrong: simply said, we are wrong about the shape of the earth, and there is no conspiracy. This describes why the earth might look round from far away: https://theflatearthsociety.org/home/index.php/blog/einsteins-relativity-proves-earth-flat
There is so much evidence that the world is round, if it is anything except round the only other option is a matrix like simulation, where the world may be flat in another version of reality, but not ours.
The odds of a round world against a flat world look dim for the latter.
Odds have nothing to do with it, and I think if you actually cared to calculate them you'd be surprised. The idea of falsification as a line of demarcation is at odds with the idea of a probabilistic science. Karl Popper lays this out pretty well.

To Maintain Legitimacy: During the Cold War we faked the moon landing. Shortly after they realized the reason they could not reach the moon was due to the flatness of the Earth. They were stuck in a lie, and had to continue it or lose legitimacy of our governments. Even today we would still hold onto this lie due to role Science plays in our ruling government.
And why would the USA's sworn enemy at the time agree with something like that?
USSR was ready to nuke the USA, but happy to play along with this?
And then why would all the countries decide to play along? The world is bigger than the USA.
They did not agree with it.

To hide the truth of the Bible.
only 1 third of the world is Christian. India and China have nothing to lose here.
Awesome, because both those countries have religions that are based in a flat earth. Aside from this, they still gain something by undermining the bible.

To Gain Power and Money: By siphoning off the space budgets and denying the world the resources of the Antarctic they gain a considerable amount of power and wealth.
The USA space budget more than 4 times is smaller than Nestles annual revenue.
You can literally make more money selling chocolates and bottles water than taking all of NASA's money.
Yes, their reported "budget" is. Apparently you forgot about the private sector that is deeply tied to space travel; folks like Lockheed Martin.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.