Origin of All Religions

• 11 Replies
Origin of All Religions
« on: April 24, 2024, 09:02:44 AM »
Jean Hardouin (officially lived 1646-1729), a Breton Jesuit, alleged Greek Biblical texts contains errors of translation from Latin, rather than from Aramaic, which shows that the Jewish characters of the Gospels must have spoken Latin, which is impossible within the mainstream historic narrative. Hardouin maintained that other Catholic orders forged all the Biblical texts and records of the saints.

Hardouin in his Prolegomena advocated a return to the oral tradition of Christianity, as if the Church’s reliance on written texts was a recent innovation. It seems the oral tradition was still within living memory of Hardouin. Little wonder he was so willing to disprove the Bible and written records of the Church. But we must also keep in mind that over 600 Christian books, not including the 200 Gnostic books, existed when the Catholic Church selected 80 biblical books.

There was a poster here in the past who maintained that there was never a Reformation, but a Separation. A generic, polytheistic Christianity stretched from present day Ireland to Japan (originally named Chrise). Depending on the locality, local gods supplemented the gods of Christianity. For example, the Irish worshipped the goddess Sheilah/Shela alongside Christ.

The Catholic Church emphasizes the virgin goddess Artemis in her cloaked form, Mary.

In what’s now Greece, Western European crusaders built the Parthenon, which was originally a Christian church dedicated to the mother of Christ. However, the worship of Christ coexisted with what are now called Greek mythological gods.

In the first known published history of the world, Denis Petau's The History of the World (1659), Petau treats both Biblical stories and Greek mythology as actual events.

According to New Chronological-type historians (Christoph Pfister), all current religions derive from this polytheistic Christianity. Back then, one could group Christianity into the English Churches, the French Churches, the Greek Churches, and the African Churches. The main French church started when bishops at Avignon, France, at the start of the 18th century, tried to move to Rome and start a monopoly Christianity with the Emperors of the Holy Roman Empire. Pfister points out that no evidence suggests the Popes being established in Rome until the 1750s.

Catholic missionaries were possibly behind the creation of Chinese religions of Confucianism (“confuse us”) and Daoism, as well as Islam and the Native American religions. Judaism came out of Protestantism in the Rhine/Rhone lands. Slavic Orthodox missionaries and the British were behind Hinduism. The British (Herbert Spencer) were also behind Shinto.

All of this occurred in a four or five hundred year period.

Uncoincidentally, the linguistic parallel to Christianity is English. Court historians create histories of prequel religions to reverse the genuine one of Christianity, while court linguists hide the reality of non-English languages being cloaked Englishes. French and the proto-German called Norse came out of English, not the other way around. Latin, Greek, Hebrew, and Sanskrit were originally artificial religious languages like Old Church Slavonic. The asymmetrical nature of English resembles Nature, compared to the orderly and logical artificial non-English languages—think of the disorderly English landscape gardens of Capability Brown, versus the symmetrical ones of Versailles and the Papal Gardens of Avignon (Hanging Gardens of Babylon).

The name English, like “Genghis Khan” (also an anagram for English kang or king), derives from "Jesus".

The English people naming themselves after Jesus might seem presumptuous at first, but it highlights the Brittic origins of Christianity, even though most New Testament locales are in present-day France. According to Alexey Khrustalev and Alexander Grinin, Galilee is Gallia (old name for France), the Sea of Galilee is the Sea of Gallia (English Channel), Canna of Galilee is Caen, Nazareth is Saint-Nazaire, Bethlehem is Belem. I differ with them in suggesting that the island of Jersey is the origin of Jerusalem, rather than Paris. The Seven Hills of Jerusalem are really the seven islands of the Channel Islands.

Of course, Christianity began as a Cornish mermaid cult on the island of Ictis (Ichthys: Iesus or Jesus).

Like Rene Guenon, I believe everyone is religious. Even followers of Science, Communism, UG Krishnamurti and Ayn Rand are religious. And all religions are true at least in the sense that the metaphysical templates or Platonic-type forms have always existed and that human beings can only, through anamnesis, retrieve what’s already there. There’s no true learning, creativity, or invention, only remembering.

Whether something really happened according to the actual current historic timeline does not invalidate a religious text or oral tradition. Perhaps it happened millions of years ago, or shall in the distant future. I’d be the last person to say that the Book of Mormon isn’t true. Or any other text, for that matter. The original Christianity certainly jump-started everything.

As the saying goes, minds are like parachutes.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 10:43:33 AM by jamesena »

Re: Origin of All Religions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 05:15:27 AM »
Bonkers, but I quite enjoyed it.

Is Christoph Pfister that fruitcake who thinks human civilisation is something like 400 years old and Switzerland was only occupied from the 1750s, or something equally insane?
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 10:40:18 AM »
I used to think that the idea of an afterlife, divine judgement, heaven and hell, etc was driven mainly by fear of death.

Recently I’ve been wondering if it was more about giving hope to the peasantry that no matter how untouchable the arseholes in charge seem, they’ll get theirs in the end.

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2024, 09:51:18 PM »
I used to think that the idea of an afterlife, divine judgement, heaven and hell, etc was driven mainly by fear of death.

Recently I’ve been wondering if it was more about giving hope to the peasantry that no matter how untouchable the arseholes in charge seem, they’ll get theirs in the end.

You'd be wrong, just as the OP is wrong about this "theory."

Despite Marx's view of religion as the opiate of the masses, it's more like atheists are jacked up on speed and spend all their time either protesting for social change, or being afraid of death or government. Then they spend the rest of their time telling us that they aren't afraid of death, but none of us theists are fooled. You're afraid of death, and hell by extension.

The truth is, the biggest actual threat to Big Government is a population completely unafraid of death. How would they keep order if you can't threaten them? Religion is not a tool of order. It's actually counter-cultural.

This is why government tries to muddle or dilute the religious idea of afterlife, so the average person thinks they need to earn it by being good. Then they manage to convince the public that goodness is obedience to laws. If the public knew that afterlife is irrelevant to goodness or evil, they would stop cooperating.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 09:56:58 PM by bulmabriefs144 »

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.

EarthIsRotund

• Earth is round. Yes.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2024, 12:38:39 AM »

Despite Marx's view of religion as the opiate of the masses, it's more like atheists are jacked up on speed and spend all their time either protesting for social change, or being afraid of death or government. Then they spend the rest of their time telling us that they aren't afraid of death, but none of us theists are fooled. You're afraid of death, and hell by extension.

The truth is, the biggest actual threat to Big Government is a population completely unafraid of death. How would they keep order if you can't threaten them? Religion is not a tool of order. It's actually counter-cultural.

This is why government tries to muddle or dilute the religious idea of afterlife, so the average person thinks they need to earn it by being good. Then they manage to convince the public that goodness is obedience to laws. If the public knew that afterlife is irrelevant to goodness or evil, they would stop cooperating.
I think I can understand you. you're afraid of death. you can't- don't want to believe that after your death, you cease to exist. Your life gone, meaningless. You want an afterlife - hell or heaven, to justify your existence after death. And bible is the gateway for that stupidity. and since your bible cannot be wrong, the earth is flat and the stars are little holes in your firmament. Lovely, but yeah, like I said, you really should go pick up a few textbooks on physics and math.
I love Mairimashita Iruma Kun

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2024, 01:41:29 AM »

“Christianity began as a Cornish mermaid cult.”

Brilliant, I have a Cornish friend who I am always calling a fish fucking, shipwrecking inbred. I’ll add mermaid cultist.

And BB had to comment. As usual he can’t hold an attitude longer than it takes to type it.

On Atheists he posits, “You're afraid of death, and hell by extension.” How in fuck does that makes sense, it is the threat of hell that gets all you godbotherers on their knees begging for forgiveness.
I’m not saying that dying hasn’t in the past been a concern to me, but religions wellspring is the fear of oblivion, and subjection to church control to assuage that fear. When my time comes, I shall hopefully still (metaphorically) be on my feet.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2024, 04:58:41 PM »

I think I can understand you. you're afraid of death. you can't- don't want to believe that after your death, you cease to exist. Your life gone, meaningless. You want an afterlife - hell or heaven, to justify your existence after death. And bible is the gateway for that stupidity. and since your bible cannot be wrong, the earth is flat and the stars are little holes in your firmament. Lovely, but yeah, like I said, you really should go pick up a few textbooks on physics and math.

See, these are the tools of state control.

Atheists working for the Deep State to keep people trapped in the secular no-afterlife (plus heliocentric globalist) paradigm. "You just believe there is an afterlife because you're afraid of death." No, I'm not. But I'll humor you for a second with a brief Pascal-style Wager.

1. If there is no afterlife, then death is the end, and there is no eternal punishment for disobeying the state. Neither can any sin that you commit has any effect.
2. If there is an afterlife, Jesus Christ himself refused to pay taxes, refused to obey the temple leaders, and died a painful death on the cross. By all accounts this would make him a criminal and a sinner. Both in terms of disobedience and in terms of being against the priests who supposedly represented God, nothing at all good should happen to him in the afterlife, Again, neither disobedience to state nor supposed sin makes any difference to the afterlife.

In either case, the result is the same.

The Bible, in fact confirms this. All the stuff about hell? People who didn't read the Bible and people who tried to revise the Bible. The actual text says we have grace, that our sins have been forgiven, that we are redeemed.

Puppets of the state and the religious elite are working together to suppress the truth. This is also mentioned.
11 While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened. 12 When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money, 13 telling them, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.’ 14 If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.” 15 So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day.

So, how much did they pay you? Was it worth it?

On Atheists he posits, “You're afraid of death, and hell by extension.” How in fuck does that makes sense, it is the threat of hell that gets all you godbotherers on their knees begging for forgiveness.

It's simple.

You are frightened to death of death because some minister like this one

has probably at some point told you that you are going to hell if you don't accept God.

This is a "if you people think the afterlife is like this, then I don't believe in the afterlife" idea. But denial of something doesn't make it any less real. Rather than following the atheists who go around thinking they can just wish away the afterlife, you ought to take a page from Martin Luther's book. No, I'm not saying be a Protestant Christian (though you can). Luther himself was convinced he was going to hell.

Did he go into denial mode? Nope, he worked through his thoughts for actual years until he had an answer. As long as you do not have an answer to the afterlife, you will not have peace in this life. Now maybe your answer is, "I don't accept the idea of joining religion. If God were loving, he wouldn't send us to hell." That's cool too. Denial, on the other hand, is a form of masked fear. Now you can do denial if you want, but it's not healthy. Ask any shrink, they'll tell you the same. Unresolved issues will not send you to hell. But they will make this life miserable.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 05:57:15 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2024, 04:09:41 AM »

From my point of view, you have it arse about face (backwards), I don’t believe in a deity because I see no proof that there is one, and no need of one to fit what I see.

Religions were the answer for primitive man of where we came from, science now has better answers, especially as there is the elephant in the room of which god/gods to believe in.

Which is where Pascal fails because if the Hindu’s have it right you are barking up the wrong tree. Never mind the mind-blowing amount of schism and offshoots of Christianity that are sure they know the truth, and all others are heretics.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2024, 06:25:21 AM »
That's ass about-face.

The myth we have become civilized and no longer need religion is exactly that, a myth.

The more "civilized" you are, the more state control on your life there is.

You've heard the "We Have An App For That"?

Well, we have a prayer for that.

The more "civilized" you are, the greater the danger of environmental destruction.

There's a prayer for that.

Problems of disease, famine, injustice and oppression, even inequality for people who are black, trans, or born with disabilities?

There's a prayer for that.

Even if you don't think prayers work, their subject matter is as relevant in your "modern" "civilized" society as in those " backward" societies back in like 5th century or whatever.

And what do you mean you've never found any proof of God?

Proof of God.

Proof of God.

You may ask, why is a pretty picture, and a bunch of people standing around proof of God? Well because of something called probability. In the big universe model (which I don't believe in as a flat Earther), there's something called the Goldilocks model. That is, Earth is just right to produce life. Not too hot, not too cold, not spinning too fast or too slow, has tectonic activity, but not too much. Has gas planets nearby to cushion versus meteors. Has the right amount of oxygen, right amount of pressure, etc, etc, etc. The odds against this happening are completely staggering. You can see God through the abundance of life in nature.

As for the other,  we have a God who took the form of human. Literally every human you see is God-with-us (Emmanuel).

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2024, 08:44:52 AM »
Arguing from incredulity is just that, the fact that you think it is so unlikely is like the water in a puddle saying this hole fits me exactly, there must have been a designer.

If you look at our world, evolution works within the bounds of what it there, ergo what evolves fits to the conditions, if the world wasn’t in a goldilocks position something would have killed us and we wouldn’t be talking here, ask the dinosaurs about living on a goldilocks world.

There was no mention of us being civilised other than in the context of learning things that we didn’t know before, often that learning bought people into conflict with the prevailing religion to the detriment of the individual. No state had more control of its peoples and were less tolerant of dissent than those that were run by the existing dominant religion of the times.

And FYI, it’s “arse about face” in the country where the language you are typing was born.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 09:07:11 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2024, 09:32:33 AM »

how about control with threat of eternal damnation in the afterlife?

fucking moron.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 09:37:31 AM by Themightykabool »

EarthIsRotund

• Earth is round. Yes.
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2024, 10:43:05 AM »

See, these are the tools of state control.

Atheists working for the Deep State to keep people trapped in the secular no-afterlife (plus heliocentric globalist) paradigm. "You just believe there is an afterlife because you're afraid of death." No, I'm not. But I'll humor you for a second with a brief Pascal-style Wager.

1. If there is no afterlife, then death is the end, and there is no eternal punishment for disobeying the state. Neither can any sin that you commit has any effect.
2. If there is an afterlife, Jesus Christ himself refused to pay taxes, refused to obey the temple leaders, and died a painful death on the cross. By all accounts this would make him a criminal and a sinner. Both in terms of disobedience and in terms of being against the priests who supposedly represented God, nothing at all good should happen to him in the afterlife, Again, neither disobedience to state nor supposed sin makes any difference to the afterlife.

In either case, the result is the same.

The Bible, in fact confirms this. All the stuff about hell? People who didn't read the Bible and people who tried to revise the Bible. The actual text says we have grace, that our sins have been forgiven, that we are redeemed.

Puppets of the state and the religious elite are working together to suppress the truth. This is also mentioned.
11 While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened. 12 When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money, 13 telling them, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.’ 14 If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.” 15 So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day.

So, how much did they pay you? Was it worth it?

It's simple.

You are frightened to death of death because some minister like this one

has probably at some point told you that you are going to hell if you don't accept God.

This is a "if you people think the afterlife is like this, then I don't believe in the afterlife" idea. But denial of something doesn't make it any less real. Rather than following the atheists who go around thinking they can just wish away the afterlife, you ought to take a page from Martin Luther's book. No, I'm not saying be a Protestant Christian (though you can). Luther himself was convinced he was going to hell.

Did he go into denial mode? Nope, he worked through his thoughts for actual years until he had an answer. As long as you do not have an answer to the afterlife, you will not have peace in this life. Now maybe your answer is, "I don't accept the idea of joining religion. If God were loving, he wouldn't send us to hell." That's cool too. Denial, on the other hand, is a form of masked fear. Now you can do denial if you want, but it's not healthy. Ask any shrink, they'll tell you the same. Unresolved issues will not send you to hell. But they will make this life miserable.

look, what is it that you are even trying to achieve with your Pascal style wager?

I do agree that I don't wanna die right now, but that's cause I love living. simple as that.

If I was actually getting paid to do this my posts would be much better.

I am not denying god anymore than you are denying the round earth.

the truth is, god does not exist. he is nothing more than an entity people believe in because they can't accept the truth- that they are all simply out of control.

the myth that we have become civilized and no longer need God is, yes, as you say, a myth. we have never needed God. or rather, needing something that is entirely fictitious is pointless.

instead, what we needed was a means for controlling the sheep. and religion did that pretty easily. now, I'm not an expert on religion and psychology and all that, but I think it's safe to say that with the modern government, as garbage as people seem to believe they are, god is now obsolete.

now, you could argue that earth is tailored for humans. or, maybe, just maybe, humans were tailored to suit the earth. Evolution, remember?

'literally every human is god-with-us' are you nuts? just because a sentence is grammatically correct doesn't mean that it makes sense. what are you you even trying to say? that every human is God?
I love Mairimashita Iruma Kun