The Ice Wall? What makes you think it's made of ice?

• 130 Replies
?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2006, 09:24:58 AM »
Quote from: "LikeAPancake"
I can't believe that anyone is seriously asking the question "How do you know that the Ice Wall is made of ice?" What a stupid question! Why else would it be called the Ice Wall? How do you think it got its name? Jeez..

And I don't believe all that stuff about the turquoise ostriches, that just sounds like bullshit to me.

It's called the ice wall because people think it's made of ice, but it doesn't actually exist. Just in the same way that the ostriches are called purple but they don't exist.

Anyway, the turquoise ostriches are not made up, they're the ones behind the conspiracy. They shapeshift into world leaders to tell people the Earth is round.

You Roundies need to stop trying to use science to explain stuff. See what it did to all those old scientists? They're dead. Start using some common sense. "How do you know the ice wall is made of ice?" Gimme a fuckin' break. Commie Pinko Rastafarian Neocon Science-Boy Roundies. No offence.

Oh, and you can have your break. I am neither commie nor pinko nor rastafarian nor neocon (fair trade supporter?) nor science boy.

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2006, 04:29:02 PM »
cheesejoff,

Ok, that seems fair.

I think the fact that it doesn't exist is irrelevant when discussing what the wall is made of. It may not exist, but it is made of ice.

I find it hard to believe that turquoise ostriches would conspire. And now you're saying there's purple ones as well! Make up your mind! What color are these imaginary conspiratorial ostriches? (I'm hoping that is the plural of ostrich. Ostrichi? No, that doesn't sound right...) The shapeshifting into world leaders stuff sounds fair. I'm Australian, and I'm sure our Prime Minister is some kind of emu.

Thanks for the reply and putting me straight on a few things. Sorry about the name calling, I just ran out of things to say.

Regards, L.A.P.
t's flat, and that's that......

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2006, 05:14:59 AM »
I think the fact that it doesn't exist is irrelevant when discussing what the wall is made of. It may not exist, but it is made of ice.

Well...is the King of France bald? If he doesn't exist, how can he have hair?

A non-existant object doesn't have properities. If it did exist, it would have properties.

But that's not the point. The point is that people thought the moon was made of cheese because they didn't know what it was made of.

We're applying the same thinking the ice wall. No one knows what it's made of, so it may not be made of ice even though people claim it to be.

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2006, 06:26:33 AM »
Interesting.

So you are saying that the Ice Wall may not be made of ice... Well then its very misleading to call it the Ice Wall. I understand the point about the moon, although I don't recall anyone calling it the Cheese Moon. Imagine the disappointment amongst cheesemakers who may have considered moon travel a financial opportunity. However, assuming that an actual object is made of cheese whenever there is doubt regarding its actual properties, seems to me to lend an irrational bias toward dairy products in general. If people were calling it the Cheese Wall, I would understand your objection. But an Ice Wall just sounds so cool......

What I'm wondering is, why do Roundies keep referring to it as the Ice Wall, when

a) It may not be made of ice, and

b) It doesn't exist.

Also, how do you explain the fact that we can apply properties to the political system called "democracy," when in fact it also, does not exist anywhere on this planet?

And what about time? It doesn't exist, but many properties are applied to it. "Time goes so fast," "Time flies when you're having fun," "Time heals all wounds." How does this non-existent, non-object accelerate, levitate, and apparently perform acts of healing?

Furthermore, could non-existence be considered a property, specifically applicable to objects that don't exist? Would that fuck things up?

Lastly, what are the properties of the nucleus of an atom when it pops out of existence, ala quantum physics? Does it cease to have properties at that point? Could it possibly, at that point, be made of ice? Or cheese?

Thank you for your insights. I'm determined to get to the bottom of this Ice Wall. Even if it doesn't exist.

Regards, L.A.P.

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2006, 08:46:42 AM »
what makes you think there is a wall at all?

i mean come now, the idea of a wall sorrounding the earth seem farfetched.

I know what you see in the UN logo makes you think that this true. To tell you the truth the leaf means peace. Not a giant wall that encompasses the earth.

I mean look at common sence, the un shows the the top of the world. The reason they did that was not to give out a secret message that the earth is flat. It was to show all the contries that the UN has in it. The leaf, for obious reasons is a symbol of peace sorrounding the earth. Because the Un is supposedly peacefull.

To tell you the truth, i think there is no wall.

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2006, 09:51:57 AM »
It was my understanding after the events leading up to the invasion of Iraq, that the US government believes that the United Nations doesn't exist!

What makes me think there is a wall? Well, as far as I can tell, it has something to do with a series of neurons firing in the synaptic clefts in a particular part of my brain. I use my creative cognitive powers to visualize a spectacular 150 foot wall of ice. I then attribute various properties to the aforementioned wall, including giving it an identity by naming it, eg, The Ice Wall. From that point, I form an emotional attachment to it, and write it in to a part of my egoic mind made self, an illusory identity which I call," me." To some extent, it then becomes My Ice Wall.

Therefore, in effect, by negating the existence of said wall, you are in essence stealing away part of "me." You cruel, vicious, heartless bastard. But please don't take this personally. As I said, this egoic mind made self is in fact illusory, therefore my attachment to the Ice Wall is also subject to the law of impermanence. Similarly, my seething rage toward you shall also pass, either at the point of my death, or in best case scenario, at the moment that I attain enlightenment, thus transcending the limitations of my egoic self. Either way, it will end well.

Now, when you say that you "think there is no wall," do you mean that you consciously contemplate "no wall?" Do you actually formulate the mental construct of a non wall, or do you in fact contemplate there being nothing where you instinctively imagine the wall to be?

But I still don't understand. How can an Ice Wall, not be made of ice? That would have to constitute the worst case of false naming since that movie "Never Ending Story." I was so disappointed when the credits ran....

Regards, L.A.P.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2006, 10:14:24 AM »
Interesting...

The reason it is referred to as the "Ice Wall" is that it is believed to be made of ice.

For example, take "Bigfoot", so called because it apparently leaves large footprints. There is evidence (as such) to suggest that it has large feet.

However there is no evidence to suggest that the "Ice wall" is made of ice. All that is required is some sort of barrier to keep water from falling off the Earth. So although the belief is that it is made of ice, it could just as easily be made of anything else.

Although yes, that would mean it is no longer an "Ice" wall.

Incidently time and democracy are not objects.

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2006, 10:21:29 AM »
Anyway, the turquoise ostriches are not made up, they're the ones behind the conspiracy. They shapeshift into world leaders to tell people the Earth is round

i really hope you were not being serious!
OOYASHAKA!

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2006, 10:44:21 AM »
Quote from: "cheesejoff"

The reason it is referred to as the "Ice Wall" is that it is believed to be made of ice.

Yeah, ok, I'm with you so far. The Ice Wall is believed to be made of ice...makes sense.

For example, take "Bigfoot", so called because it apparently leaves large footprints. There is evidence (as such) to suggest that it has large feet.

So, Bigfoot exists, and has big feet....got it

However there is no evidence to suggest that the "Ice wall" is made of ice. All that is required is some sort of barrier to keep water from falling off the Earth. So although the belief is that it is made of ice, it could just as easily be made of anything else.

Although yes, that would mean it is no longer an "Ice" wall.

Whoa! So, Bigfoot exists and has big feet. And the Ice Wall may or may not exist, since there is no evidence, but it could easily be made of anything else, rendering it no longer an ice wall? Nah, you lost me there.

Now, you say that  "All that is required is some sort of barrier to keep water from falling off the Earth." Are you implying that the Earth is flat?

Incidently time and democracy are not objects.

Well, thank God for that! So I guess one is a non-existent abstract concept, and the other is a non-existent political ideology. Ok, cool. So if I can just get my head around the notion that this possibly non-existent Ice Wall could easily be made of anything else, I'll be up to speed.

Thank you for your patience and grace.

Regards, L.A.P.

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2006, 11:00:45 AM »
Quote from: "GoD!"
Anyway, the turquoise ostriches are not made up, they're the ones behind the conspiracy. They shapeshift into world leaders to tell people the Earth is round

i really hope you were not being serious!

Damn straight! How dare you question cheesejoff?! He's the only one here so far who has taken the time out to humour me and furnish me with answers which may ultimately alter the course of my destiny! If he says that the turquoise ostriches are behind the conspiracy and that they shapeshift into world leaders to tell people the Earth is round, well then the turquoise ostriches are behind the conspiracy and they shapeshift into world leaders to tell people the Earth is round!

You got a problem with that? Well, have ya?

Don't worry cheesejoff, I'll stick up for you buddy.

God..... What would you know.....?

L.A.P.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2006, 08:35:54 AM »

So, Bigfoot exists, and has big feet....got it...

Whoa! So, Bigfoot exists and has big feet. And the Ice Wall may or may not exist, since there is no evidence, but it could easily be made of anything else, rendering it no longer an ice wall? Nah, you lost me there.

Nay. IF bigfoot exists, then we can assume it has big feet since that is what the 'evidence' (and I use the term loosely) suggests about it.

IF an ice wall exists, there is no supposed evidence to confirm that it is made of ice.

Therefore there is no requirment for it to actually be made of ice.

Rather like American Indians. When columbus went to America, he dubbed the natives "Indians" despite the fact they were not from India. This is because he believed them to be Indians but did not actually have proof of it.

Of course, if someone said "How can they be Indians if they are not from India?" then they would essentially be saying what you are saying just now. They were assumed to be Indians, just as the ice wall was assumed to be made of ice. Of course the 'Indians' still exist despite not being Indian, so the ice wall can still exist without being made of ice.

The Ice Wall was created because FE theory needed something to keep water on the Earth. The fact that it is made of ice was a detail thrown in there for no logical reason. As we have already seen, it is unlikely that it would actually be made of ice due to the heat from the sun.

So, to conclude, if the Earth is flat, the barrier keeping the water on may not actually be made of ice.

Don't worry cheesejoff, I'll stick up for you buddy.

Good to know you're on my side :P Of course I don't believe in the ostriches myself, but hey... :D

-Cheesejoff

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2006, 11:02:30 AM »
Why don't you change the ice wall to a granite wall instead?

Just say that last expedition to the ice wall succeeded and it was determined that it actually is polished blue granite, not ice. And the claim that it was ice was made because no one actually saw it up close before, and from far away it looked like ice.

You'll save yourself a lot of explaining in the future.

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2006, 10:40:58 AM »

The fact that it is made of ice was a detail thrown in there for no logical reason.

So now you're saying that its a fact that it is made of ice?

Where's your proof?

':P'

L.A.P.

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2006, 12:57:40 PM »
Well first off LikeAPancake your logic twisting an interseting philosophical view of existence was in entertaining read. I should have laerned by now not to get drawn into these types of arguments but what the hell.
On the subject of the icewall
1)Just because the Ice Wall is callled the Ice Wall doesn't nessecarily mena it's made of ice. Some people refer to NEw York as the BIg Apple when while big it is not in fact an apple (I know I've been in New York and have cut open an appple the insides look nothing alike, even under a microscope) PErhaps Ice Wall is just a nickname for a barrier made of some other substance that looks kind of like ice or resembles ice in some convoluted metaphorical way.

2)The previous point overlooks the fact that the point of this thread until I somehow usurped it to launch into a tongue in cheek turquoise ostrich tirade was to debate whether the ICe wall exists in relaity. (Reality being defined as the objective external universe outside the human mind.) The Ice Wall as an ideal clearly exists, in the mind of the FE's but it has been well illustrted on this forum why it does not exists physically in reality.

3)The ostriches are only naturally turquoise some are purple since they can shapeshift and get bored of turquoise. HEy thats at least as bplausible an explanation for the Spherical EArth conspiracy as any proposed by serious FEs. Which says something about the theory if any random joke occupyes the same level of sane..

An amused
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2006, 02:01:54 PM »

So now you're saying that its a fact that it is made of ice?

Lol. Prove that it doesn't exist. :p

Quote from: "Cinlef"
3)The ostriches are only naturally turquoise some are purple since they can shapeshift and get bored of turquoise. HEy thats at least as bplausible an explanation for the Spherical EArth conspiracy as any proposed by serious FEs. Which says something about the theory if any random joke occupyes the same level of sane..

An amused
Cinlef

Indeed, except the ostriches aren't actually random. Just think how many politicians are accused of putting their 'face in the sand' over policies and issues - this isn't a metaphor, it's actually true!! They're ostriches!

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2006, 09:05:01 PM »
Well first off LikeAPancake your logic twisting an interseting philosophical view of existence was in entertaining read. I should have laerned by now not to get drawn into these types of arguments but what the hell.

That's the spirit!

Some people refer to NEw York as the BIg Apple when while big it is not in fact an apple (I know I've been in New York and have cut open an appple the insides look nothing alike, even under a microscope).

How the hell did you look at the insides of New York under a microscope? Man, that's one big ass microscope you got there. That's more like a macroscope!

(Reality being defined as the objective external universe outside the human mind.)

Quantum physicists worldwide are shuddering at this antiquated definition of reality.

The Ice Wall as an ideal clearly exists

If it is clear, it exists, and it is ideal, then it's probably made of ice....

The ostriches are only naturally turquoise some are purple since they can shapeshift and get bored of turquoise.

I don't have a problem with that. Chameleon shapeshifting conspiratorial ostriches are just as vulnerable to boredom as any of us posting on this forum.

Thank you for playing and good luck getting that sticky caps lock button fixed.

Kind Regards, L.A.P.

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2006, 12:22:21 AM »
I can't believe that anyone is seriously asking the question "How do you know that the Ice Wall is made of ice?" What a stupid question! Why else would it be called the Ice Wall? How do you think it got its name? Jeez..

Why do you think they called the Great Wall the Great Wall? Because its fuckin' Great, that's why. Otherwise, they'd call it the Average Wall, or the Mediocre Wall or just, The Wall.

And I don't believe all that stuff about the turquoise ostriches, that just sounds like bullshit to me. You Roundies need to stop trying to use science to explain stuff. See what it did to all those old scientists? They're dead. Start using some common sense. "How do you know the ice wall is made of ice?" Gimme a fuckin' break. Commie Pinko Rastafarian Neocon Science-Boy Roundies. No offence.

Sorry to rain on your parade Commie Pinko Rastafarian Neocon Science-Boy Roundies boy, but i only refer to the 'ice wall' as 'ice wall' because thats what it is referred to as. If I said the 'Wall', the sharper ones out there would point otut that the world is full of walls, like the one between your brain and your gob, or fingers if u like, you flattie. If you want to attack my question, hows bout attacking it with some proof instead of cheap shots like all the other  FE's on this site...

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2006, 09:05:05 AM »
Quote from: "Tim the Enchanter"

Sorry to rain on your parade Commie Pinko Rastafarian Neocon Science-Boy Roundies boy, but i only refer to the 'ice wall' as 'ice wall' because thats what it is referred to as. If I said the 'Wall', the sharper ones out there would point otut that the world is full of walls, like the one between your brain and your gob, or fingers if u like, you flattie. If you want to attack my question, hows bout attacking it with some proof instead of cheap shots like all the other  FE's on this site...

A wall between my fingers and my gob? But then I wouldn't be able to eat...?

You can't rain on my parade, oh he who some call "Tim," because you don't exist. All you are is a series of words on my computer screen, and you are of little consequence other than to offer some mild amusement. The fact that you even take yourself seriously is enough to make me go...."ha."

If I wanted to attack your argument, I would say that since you don't actually exist that your argument should be struck from the record and not used as evidence of anything, ever. I would continue to take cheap shots, saving the really expensive shots for something worthy, like arguing with my ten year old son. At least he exists and isn't just a bunch of letters on a screen. The audacity!

Proof, proof, proof, blah, blah, blah....why don't you Roundies just take those corks out of yer butts and relax. "Proof of this, evidence of that, there is no Ice Wall, maybe its made of cheese." Whatever. Prove that you exist first, mate. And don't go all Descartes on me. According to that fool, if you stop thinking for a moment, you cease to be. What an idiot.

"Prove" beyond all doubt that you exist, and then we'll get onto the Ice Wall. And don't bother trying to fool me with the old "I know I exist" or "who do you think is writing this" argument, everyone knows that I have said them here first and therefore have exclusive rights to them. Anyone else using those arguments would represent a clear cut case of plagiarism, and would "prove" beyond any doubt that they are an unimaginative loser with absolutely no sense of humour, if they were to exist.

L.A.P.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2006, 10:16:53 AM »
Proof, proof, proof, blah, blah, blah....why don't you Roundies just take those corks out of yer butts and relax. "Proof of this, evidence of that, there is no Ice Wall, maybe its made of cheese." Whatever. Prove that you exist first, mate.

"Prove" beyond all doubt that you exist, and then we'll get onto the Ice Wall.

So, why does he have to prove his existence, before you'll be willing to debate with him about the nature of the Ice Wall?  Do you feel that the nature of the Ice Wall depends on whether or not Tim the Enchanter exists?

Assuming he doesn't exist, how would that make his argument any less valid?  (Maybe it's invalid for other reasons, but they're not interesting in this context.)  I assert that you believe that at the very least his posts exist, since you quoted them in your reply.

Do you also believe that uncaused causes are rampant throughout are universe?  That is, do you believe that coherent, human-scale events (such as several paragraphs of readable text) regularly occur for no reason, i.e., completely at random?  If you do believe this, then I suppose nobody can dissuade you of your belief in the Ice Wall, though I suppose we could have a separate line of discussion about this particular belief.

If you disbelieve it, then perhaps it would be prudent to assume that some physical process was responsible for the creation of the post.  You can call this physical process "Tim the Enchanter", of course; I don't guarantee that Tim is a *person*, though I personally believe him to be, since I am pessimistic about the extent to which physical processes other than humans can create meaningful passages of context-dependent text.

Thus I think it is worth your while to assume that Tim is a physical process that has the ability to write meaningful passages of text that often take the form of questions and statements.  One of these statements is, to paraphrase, "The Ice Wall does not exist".  If you think this claim is incorrect, then for the take of furthering mankind's understanding of the universe, it is in your best interest to attempt to rationally refute this claim, regardless of whether its originator is a real person.

To summarize:
1)  Why is it important to you that Tim prove his existence?
2)  You ought to argue against the claim "The Ice Wall does not exist," even if you do not believe that a person made that claim.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

Dr_Bill

ICE WALL CAM
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2006, 08:23:13 PM »
................. ICE WALL CAM ................

....   Note: Unknown if Cam screenshot has been edited.

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2006, 09:41:52 PM »
Firstly I would like to thank Dr Bill for finally putting this whole matter to rest once and for all. It's all there! A small section of the Ice Wall, looking resplendent (and certainly appearing to be made of ice), Bigfoot looking a little out of place (they don't normally venture that close to the edge) and an ostrich of unknown hue, probably turquoise. I don't think you would find National Geographic going to the trouble of setting up an Ice Wall Cam if there was no wall to point their cam at. The fact that the images are sponsored by two such reputable sponsors as The United Nations and NASA (who are clearly trying to put all of that messy Moon business behind them) pretty much clinches it.

Now that we've established the existence of the Ice Wall, we can get on to the more pressing matter of the non-existence of Tim the Enchanter.

Quote from: "Erasmus"
So, why does he have to prove his existence, before you'll be willing to debate with him about the nature of the Ice Wall?  Do you feel that the nature of the Ice Wall depends on whether or not Tim the Enchanter exists?

Well, in the light of Dr Bill's groundbreaking evidence, it is questionable if it even matters whether or not this thing called "Tim" exists. However, since you have raised the question intelligently and respectfully, along with the fact that you have proven your own existence by presenting a photo of yourself as your avatar, I will agree to continue this debate.

For the sake of the argument, I shall refer to him as "Timmy," and I would like you to think of him as being similar to a small child's imaginary friend. In fact, I believe that to some extent Timmy IS a small chilld's imaginary friend. So, this Timmy thinks he exists, because in his formless state, he hears the small child saying things like "Don't sit there Mom, Timmy's sitting there," or "Mom, Timmy wants some dinner too." After some time passes, Timmy starts to believe that he actually exists outside of the imagination of aforementioned small child. Of course, he cannot really think nor hear, so in fact, he is a non entity imagining that he is an imaginary friend. Even the small child is a figment of his imagination. Therefore he is imagining that he is an imaginary friend of an imaginary small child. Now, why the fuck would I want to argue with some-non-one like that?

Assuming he doesn't exist, how would that make his argument any less valid?  (Maybe it's invalid for other reasons, but they're not interesting in this context.)  I assert that you believe that at the very least his posts exist, since you quoted them in your reply.

You may well assert and assume, but the fact is, there is no Timmy. I believe that uncaused causes are rampant throughout the universe and  that coherent, human-scale events (such as several paragraphs of readable text) regularly occur for no reason, i.e., completely at random. I call this the "Timmy Phenomenon" and I cite the case of Timmy as proof.

Do you also believe that uncaused causes are rampant throughout are universe?  That is, do you believe that coherent, human-scale events (such as several paragraphs of readable text) regularly occur for no reason, i.e., completely at random?  If you do believe this, then I suppose nobody can dissuade you of your belief in the Ice Wall, though I suppose we could have a separate line of discussion about this particular belief.

I believe I have already answered this....

I don't guarantee that Tim is a *person*

I think that would be wise.

To summarize:
1)  Why is it important to you that Tim prove his existence?
2)  You ought to argue against the claim "The Ice Wall does not exist," even if you do not believe that a person made that claim.

1)Honestly, its not important that Timmy proves his existence, except to himself. I just wanted to humour the non-entity who was imagining himself to be an imaginary small child's imaginary friend. Surely you can understand that this was in fact an act of compassion, sent out without discrimination against the non-existent. I'm just trying to do what I believe to be right here.
2)In light of the new evidence, there is no further need to argue against the imaginary ramblings of the non-existent. We should all just look at the photos, enjoy them, and have a little rest.

L.A.P.

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2006, 11:04:20 PM »
Dr. Bill for president

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2006, 11:11:53 AM »
Of course, he cannot really think nor hear, so in fact, he is a non entity imagining that he is an imaginary friend.

My instincts tell me there is a contradiction hidden somewhere in your post....
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2006, 11:21:12 AM »
along with the fact that you have proven your own existence by presenting a photo of yourself

...that would be one poor quality photo.

Therefore he is imagining that he is an imaginary friend of an imaginary small child.

So non-existent beings can imagine things. Pray tell, how do you know this if you have never met a non-existent being? Unless you claim to have met some? Have you met Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2006, 08:32:29 PM »

...that would be one poor quality photo.

It's low res, sure, but at least he got dressed up for it.

So non-existent beings can imagine things. Pray tell, how do you know this if you have never met a non-existent being? Unless you claim to have met some? Have you met Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?

It just feels right to me. Like Erasmus' intuition regarding contradictions.

I did meet Santa when I was very young, in fact I sat on his lap and had a photo taken with him. I wish I still had that photo as proof. And I can recall asking him if he thought it was going to be feasible to get a new bike for Christmas, and I remember, as if it were yesterday, him saying "I imagine so." So there it is. He did have an imagination.

But nobody's ever met the Tooth Fairy, that would be ridiculous.

Of course, Timmy does not "not exist" in the same way the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, although their potential for imaginative thought is very similar. Have you noticed that Timmy has been very quiet since I outed him for not existing? He will give the illusion of returning, but I would advise all and sundry not to trust a word he says.

L.A.P.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2006, 06:15:45 AM »
He will give the illusion of returning, but I would advise all and sundry not to trust a word he says.

L.A.P.

He cannot say anything if he does not exist. And if he can, his opinin is just as valid as that of an existent person, therefore you cannot choose not to argue with him on the grounds that he doesn't exist.

Re: The Ice Wall? What makes you think it's made of ice?
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2006, 01:52:40 PM »
Here's the picture I took of me at the Great Wall of Ice. It exists.

Re: The Ice Wall? What makes you think it's made of ice?
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2006, 04:26:51 AM »
Quote from: "Hawg"
Here's the picture I took of me at the Great Wall of Ice. It exists.

Stop me if i am wrong (or indeed comparitive to the tooth fairy) but i thought that if the ice wall exists then on one side there is earth and on the other there is a big drop. There are several features of this wall you have shown us that don't stick. First, it's green. Ice is not green, it appears so if light is shone throught it. Speaking of light, the snow and lights on one side and the lights on the other make the image seem a little 'winterolympixy' wouldn't you agree, as do the fairy lights that line either side. So does the two-lane concept with people walking along it, and the hall at the visible end. END! If this wall has an end, doesn't that form a 'leak'??

Forgive me for saying so but ski holiday photos of an ice sculpture do not classify as edge-of-the-world material

?

The Coltar

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2006, 10:14:02 PM »
Tim the Enchanter,
I think your specticism is beyond words. I mean these people come on this site to share ideas as a group of grown adults who exchange direct contact for "non-existance' as LikeAPancake put it. Well flat man do i have news for you (osdsry 'Timmy' to divert) but the world is not flat.
No im not a spectic or a believer. Im neither. A spectic is someone who doesnt agree. Rather, i am someone who cannot get over the total disregard of OVERWHELMING evidence placed before them everyday. I shall provide some examples: gravity, being able to fly AROUND the world, the other planets being ROUND (note the consistency) and the sun being (very obviously) ROUND.
so, as i said, no sceptic but smeone who thinks: don't give up your day job

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2006, 10:57:59 PM »
Quote from: "The Coltar"
Tim the Enchanter,
I think your specticism is beyond words. I mean these people come on this site to share ideas as a group of grown adults who exchange direct contact for "non-existance' as LikeAPancake put it. Well flat man do i have news for you (osdsry 'Timmy' to divert) but the world is not flat.
No im not a spectic or a believer. Im neither. A spectic is someone who doesnt agree. Rather, i am someone who cannot get over the total disregard of OVERWHELMING evidence placed before them everyday. I shall provide some examples: gravity, being able to fly AROUND the world, the other planets being ROUND (note the consistency) and the sun being (very obviously) ROUND.
so, as i said, no sceptic but smeone who thinks: don't give up your day job

OMG dude.

WTF is SPECTICISM or SPECTIC?

I think youre right, youre no sceptic, just a moron.

If youre going to give evidence, at least make it decent.

Gravity doesnt prove the earth is round.  Gravity is not dependant on shape.

The shape of our other planets or the Sun does not prove that the Earth is round.  Jupiter is made of gas, am I therefore to assume that our planet is also made of gas?

Your overwhelming evidence is a little underwhelming.