Question about Ismael & Isaac

• 11 Replies
?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
Question about Ismael & Isaac
« on: February 05, 2010, 01:29:43 PM »
I would like to ask Christians and the Jews, who was Abraham's eldest son! Ismael or Isaac!

Based on your answer I will ask another question :)
"And say, `All praise belongs to ALLAH; HE will soon show you HIS Signs, and you will know them.' And thy Lord is not unaware of what you do."

"Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators? "
(Translations of Allah's Words)

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: Question about Ismael & Isaac
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »
Ismael was the oldest of course, he was born first. But he wasn't born to his wife therefore he was a bastard who are generally discarded when it comes to matters of lineage.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 02:25:46 AM »
Ismael was the oldest of course, he was born first. But he wasn't born to his wife therefore he was a bastard who are generally discarded when it comes to matters of lineage.

Hmmmm...

Okay but can we consider him Abraham's son! I mean can we say Ismael is the son of Abraham! Or not?

:)
"And say, `All praise belongs to ALLAH; HE will soon show you HIS Signs, and you will know them.' And thy Lord is not unaware of what you do."

parsec

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 02:57:08 AM »
Okay but can we consider him Abraham's son! I mean can we say Ismael is the son of Abraham! Or not?
Yes, Genesis 16:15.

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 03:58:09 AM »
Yes, Genesis 16:15.

Thank you so much :)

Now to my point, I wonder why the Christians than believe that Isaac was the sacrifice and not Ismael! Isn't that what we read in the Bible: Genesis 22:2 "And he (Almighty God) said, take now thy son, THINE ONLY SON . . ., whom thou lovest, and et thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering . . ." Genesis 22:2.

-2- Then He said (Almighty God), "Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you."

If at anytime, an offspring of Abraham peace be upon him can be described as "thine only son: it could only be Ishmael, because for more than thirteen years, he was the only son and seed of Abraham. God Almighty acknowledges Ishmael as the "son and seed" of Abraham in no less than twelve places in the Book of Genesis alone. At no time was Isaac the only son and seed of Abraham!

Oh Christians are you really reading your own Bible!!!?

We have only two choice, one is that God is contradicting himself! second is that the writer of the Bible changing words! God gave us brain and the power to think, so please let us use our brain and actually think

:)

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 03:59:20 AM »
But Ismael was a bastard and so wasn't counted as his son
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

parsec

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 08:26:09 AM »
Genesis 25:5-6. Have a nice day.

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 11:41:37 AM »

Searching for excuses in such situations is searching for failures...

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 12:12:55 PM »

It doesn't matter if you disagree with the answer, its still the answer that christians would give

?

ERTW

• Always fall back to common sense
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 04:44:24 PM »

By that logic your idea that Ishmael should be the sacrifice because he was born first is equally an excuse...
Don't diss physics until you try it!

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »
By that logic your idea that Ishmael should be the sacrifice because he was born first is equally an excuse...

The difference between my excuse and his excuse is like the difference between heavens and earth. Mine wasn't excuse to defend a lie/wrong....etc The worst lie a liar may use is when he lie to defend another lie!  :)

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 04:23:23 AM »
How is it an excuse or a lie? Bastards wouldn't have been counted as real sons so to say Isaac was his firstborn would have been correct even though biologically speaking he wasn't.