Midnight Sun

• 49 Replies
?

Jorhan Brimve Stahl

• A disk is round. A sphere is round. Earth = Round.
Midnight Sun
« on: November 23, 2013, 03:12:20 PM »
-An interesting topic I saw was removed for reasons unknown, so I am bringing it back.
How does FET explain Midnight Sun? (Diagrams, people!)
I have heard of your explanation to seasons but I still do not quite see how they match with the Midnight Sun that occurs within the Arctic Circle.
I don't suffer from schizophrenia and neither do I,

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Midnight Sun
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 04:30:57 AM »
The sun gets closer to the arctic circle during the northern hemiplane summer.  Withing the arctic circle, the sun is always close enough to be seen for at least one day per year. 

In other words, when the sun is farthest from an observer and he is within the arctic circle, it is still close enough for him to observe it.

I can make you a diagram if you wish, but you search the wiki for seasons, you will find one that shows the sun's orbit during different seasons. 

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 05:42:50 AM »
Though this does not explain Antartic midnight sun.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 05:52:09 AM »
Well, it is a good thing that the OP was asking a question about the Arctic circle then, right?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 05:56:07 AM »
The question was:

How does FET explain Midnight Sun? (Diagrams, people!)

Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 05:58:22 AM »
but I still do not quite see how they match with the Midnight Sun that occurs within the Arctic Circle.

He was clearly referring to the Arctic Circle, seeing how that is what he said.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 05:59:05 AM »
That was not a question.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 06:01:42 AM »
That was not a question.

No, it was a statement that explained what he was confused about and reinforced his question. 

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 06:34:38 AM »
That was not a question.

No, it was a statement that explained what he was confused about and reinforced his question.

Sounds like you have one interpretation and someone else has another. Try and keep an open mind.

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 06:41:34 AM »
I don't see what there is to explain.  Seems fairly simple...the sun travels a specific distance from the North Pole to the South Pole and back again, year after year.  The midnight sun is simply the point at which it is only seen at the horizon either on it's way to or from one of the poles.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:46:24 AM by EarthIsASpaceship »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 06:45:24 AM »
Well it is simpler or more complex depending on which layout of the continents you subscribe to. If you believe that the Northern Polar Projection is the likeliest approximation the Midnight Sun on the South Pole is a ring of light around the edge of the world. This would require some fancy footwork in explaining how the sun achieves this.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 07:43:51 AM »
Well it is simpler or more complex depending on which layout of the continents you subscribe to. If you believe that the Northern Polar Projection is the likeliest approximation the Midnight Sun on the South Pole is a ring of light around the edge of the world. This would require some fancy footwork in explaining how the sun achieves this.

The midnight sun in the Antarctic circle is a myth.  Many people have gone to the Antarctic and never seen the midnight sun, even during the summer there.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 08:21:22 AM »
The midnight sun in the Antarctic circle is a myth.  Many people have gone to the Antarctic and never seen the midnight sun, even during the summer there.
Umm...  You do realize that not all of Antarctica is within the Antarctic Circle, don't you?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 08:23:53 AM »
Umm...  You do realize that I said Antarctic, not Antarctica, right?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »
Since the Antarctic includes all of Antarctica and then some, I don't see your point.  Are you somehow suggesting that the Antarctic region is strictly bound by the Antarctic Circle?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 08:30:00 AM by markjo »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 08:48:29 AM »

Many people?  Good then you can cite some sources.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 08:49:50 AM »
I could, or you could try using google.  It's really not that hard.

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 09:15:18 AM »
It isn't Rama's job to make your argument for you, Jroa.  You said, "Many people have gone to the Antarctic and never seen the midnight sun, even during summer there."  Back up your own claims.
Quote from: Shmeggley
Wherever someone is wrong on the internet, Pyrolizard will be there!

Quote from: Excelsior John
I dont care about the majority I care about Obama.
Let it always be known that Excelsior John is against democracy.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 09:19:42 AM »

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 09:27:06 AM »

Hrm.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is considered low content, no?
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,60166.msg1560449.html#msg1560449

At any rate, back up your claim with reliable citation, why don't you?  You said it yourself, it's really not that hard to find, so go ahead and take five minutes to do it.  Or you could just keep acting like a fool, talking all about proof of this and proof of that, but refusing to put any forward. 
Quote from: Shmeggley
Wherever someone is wrong on the internet, Pyrolizard will be there!

Quote from: Excelsior John
I dont care about the majority I care about Obama.
Let it always be known that Excelsior John is against democracy.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 09:40:08 AM »
Here is a post that contains a picture from a link that fe;ers have used in to the past to say the midnight sun doesn't exist. As you can see, it is quite refutable. Jroa was probably hoping nobody could find it.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,51267.msg1255706.html#msg1255706
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »
Yes, sokarul, you have gotten me.  Never mind all of the evidence that proves my side in that same thread.  Just jump around the internet proclaiming that you are right and we will continue to laugh at you. 

You have been here for how long?

You claim that you are like 30, but I am guessing you are really around 12 years old, based on your posts.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 09:50:23 AM »
Yes, sokarul, you have gotten me.  Never mind all of the evidence that proves my side in that same thread.  Just jump around the internet proclaiming that you are right and we will continue to laugh at you. 
Would that be the video and picture showing a midnight sun in Antarctica?
Search is your friend.
You claim that you are like 30, but I am guessing you are really around 12 years old, based on your posts.
I turned 29 earlier this month. And?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:52:53 AM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 09:59:28 AM »
Search is your friend.

sokarul: You are butt hurt.  A simple google search came up with many sokural threads and accounts on many forums. 

Oh, and that is like absolutely the midnight sun in Antarctica.  You are so mean to us FE'ers.  When will you not be 12 again? 

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 10:03:47 AM »
Search is your friend.

sokarul: You are butt hurt.  A simple google search came up with many sokural threads and accounts on many forums. 
And? What does this have to do with a midnight sun?

Oh, and that is like absolutely the midnight sun in Antarctica.  You are so mean to us FE'ers.  When will you not be 12 again?
What?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 10:07:13 AM »
Search is your friend.

What?

sokarul, aside from your lazyness, and inability to perform a search on the most used search engine in existence, do you have anything with substance to add to this thread?   

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 10:11:08 AM »
Jroa, you didn't answer my question.  Are you suggesting that the Antarctic is strictly bound by the Antarctic circle?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 10:12:41 AM »
Search is your friend.

What?

sokarul, aside from your lazyness, and inability to perform a search on the most used search engine in existence, do you have anything with substance to add to this thread?
I did search. How do you think I found the thread I linked to?

Do you have anything to add to this thread?

sokarul: You are butt hurt. 

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »
Search is your friend.

What?

So instead of carrying your burden of proof, you cajole and insult others because they will not carry your burden of proof. All I can take from that is that you cannot show that many people who should have experienced the midnight sun south of the Antarctic Circle have not experienced it.

Good show.

?

ValiantBadger

• Seirsomd'dirhont peir Eignohrantaim
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 05:32:51 PM »
Can we stop derailing this thread with low content ad-hominem attacks, and bother to actually answer the topic?
Q: Why does the sun's east-west path appear to be completely straight during the equinox?
A: It's curved, but the circle is large enough that the curvature is not apparent.

Remember, looking out your window is proof that the earth is flat.