Shuttle Launch

• 161 Replies
Re: Shuttle Launch
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2008, 07:02:25 AM »
O'rly DIVITO ORLY!??? Fucking ownage right here

I have never invoked one single fallacy that I know of.

I can't imagine that you've avoided appealing to authority. Negative proof fallacy and argument from ignorance are very popular around here. Appeal to ridicule is also one that shows up, as well as wishful thinking. Whether you've invoked any of these can't really be determined from my point of view. Probabilistically though, you've at least invoked one to claim some type of knowledge set you have.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2008, 07:05:57 AM »
How does that showcase it being taken out of context?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2008, 07:06:16 AM »
Another victory for FE!
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2008, 07:08:19 AM »
And Wardogg made the claim because of NASA. He does not have to prove it himself.

What do you want him to do?  He can show you videos of the space shuttle in orbit. He can show you pictures of it launching and landing. No FEr is going to believe it anyway.

My point is, as always, is you have to prove these things did not take place. There is plenty of evidence given by the leading source in the world that these things did happen. They have proved it over and over and over again. If you or anyone else believes they are full of shit and purposely deceiving the human population then it is up to the skeptic to prove them wrong.

I also think it is funny that no one brings up the fact that the losers in the space wars (china and russia) would not do everything in their power to prove this hoax to be true if it was. Yet they havent. But that is for another thread.

« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2008, 07:09:39 AM »
How does that showcase it being taken out of context?

You implied that I have used "appeal to authority" in which I proved that I have not and then you denied that you said I had.

That is all.

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2008, 07:12:22 AM »
None of this changes the fact that the BoP lies on the FE to prove NASA is lying. Which still has not been done. Not only has it not been done, no one has even come close.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2008, 07:14:04 AM »
And Wardogg made the claim because of NASA. He does not have to prove it himself.

You can't change how the burden of proof works just because you want to. Wardogg made a claim, period. He shares the burden of proof just as much as NASA does.

He can show you videos of the space shuttle in orbit. He can show you pictures of it launching and landing.

And that would satisfy the BoP. That says nothing of whether or not other aspects of the evidence can be debated.

My point is, as always, is you have to prove these things did not take place.

Only if we make claims.

I also think it is funny that no one brings up the fact that the losers in the space wars (china and russia) would not do everything in their power to prove this hoax to be true if it was. Yet they havent. But that is for another thread.

This is why it is suggested that the conspiracy involves all space agencies.

You implied that I have used "appeal to authority" in which I proved that I have not and then you denied that you said I had.

No, I implied what I wrote, that I can't imagine you've never appealed to authority. They are not the same.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
objectively good

« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »
-Fine he shares it. Still doesnt change the fact that NASA is the one who has to be proven wrong. Proving Wardogg wrong would mean nothing. Especially if he started stepping out of line with NASA.

-FErs are the ones making these outrageous claims of NASA and the government being part of a conspiracy. That is common knowledge on here and one that can be proven by the FAQ.  The BoP lies on FErs to prove NASA wrong as I have continually stated. I dont really know what you are trying argue here. Seems like you are proving my point which is ok with me.

-By claiming that all space agencies are involved it would mean that three countries that hate each other would have had to agree they were going to let the US win. Laughable but if you have any PROOF that this meeting and or agreement took place I would love to read it. Just show me the detractors.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2008, 07:36:24 AM »
Still doesnt change the fact that NASA is the one who has to be proven wrong.

They don't have to be proven wrong, so long as you don't claim anything against them.

-FErs are the ones making these outrageous claims of NASA and the government being part of a conspiracy. That is common knowledge on here and one that can be proven by the FAQ.  The BoP lies on FErs to prove NASA wrong as I have continually stated. I dont really know what you are trying argue here. Seems like you are proving my point which is ok with me.

I'll agree with anyone who is logical and correct. Many FEers have claimed certain things about NASA. Under BoP, they have to substantiate these claims, and most of the time, it can't be done for obvious reasons.

-By claiming that all space agencies are involved it would mean that three countries that hate each other would have had to agree they were going to let the US win.

The countries (and their governments) can hate each other all they want. The deduction is that only the space agencies would need be involved together. Would the specific space agencies care who won or not? I honestly couldn't say.
objectively good

« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2008, 07:45:44 AM »
I am starting to see more and more where you are coming from Divito.  Having been here so long you have to admit it is very hard sometimes to see someones position right away. I mean, I have even argued for FE as a joke to new members. Fair is fair.

You are the first veteran of this site to admit to me that the BoP lies on the FEr due to them claiming NASA is part of the conspiracy. Most either say stupid shit (Tom) or just ignore me.

-Are not all the space programs part of their respective governments?  I see them as one in the same.

Either way, those claiming that the earth is flat and that we have all been deceived need to start showing some proof. It goes back to my thread on "it's a conspiracy" is not a valid argument it is just a claim and one that needs to be proven.

Alright I have a golf tournament to attend to. (no not the US Open) lol

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2008, 08:00:30 AM »
-Are not all the space programs part of their respective governments?  I see them as one in the same.

They are programs of the government, but separate entities. This is why NASA makes their budget requests to Congress, and why other agencies follow similar procedures.

What NASA submits as a request and the information they give to Congress upon any inquiry is where the conspiracy idea can survive, as I can't imagine many Congress members being especially adept in the areas of R&D within astrophysics. This is where deception could occur.
objectively good

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2008, 10:14:07 AM »
Prove it.

I looked out my window 2 nights ago and saw it.  Along with the ISS.  Proof positive.  And then I waited about 30 minutes or so and saw another satellite orbiting. 

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2008, 10:17:34 AM »
Prove it.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2008, 10:19:17 AM »
Hmmm...would an eyewitness account from my wife watching me watch the shuttle go overhead be proof?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »
No.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2008, 10:54:19 AM »
What would?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2008, 11:03:17 AM »
Me having been there at the time would. It's zetetic science, don't look at me.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2008, 11:36:54 AM »
Me having been there at the time would. It's zetetic science, don't look at me.

You are more than welcome.  You'll have to pay for your own plane ticket though. Or you could give me your location and I can tell you when to view it for yourself.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2008, 11:43:29 AM »
No, you'll tell attackhoe and he'll rape me!

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2008, 11:50:59 AM »
No, you'll tell attackhoe and he'll rape me!

That would imply that I associate with attackhoe, and those sir, are fighting words.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2008, 12:03:26 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'll disprove you and you'll be angry, and then do something silly out of rage!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2008, 04:28:28 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'll disprove you and you'll be angry, and then do something silly out of rage!

I wouldn't worry too much.  Air wingers are usually a pretty mellow bunch (except for some of the pilots, they can be a bit scary).
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2008, 11:10:45 AM »

I wouldn't worry too much.  Air wingers are usually a pretty mellow bunch (except for some of the pilots, they can be a bit scary).

Hey wait a minute.  I resemble that remark. ;D

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2008, 12:09:02 PM »

Hey wait a minute.  I resemble that remark. ;D

My brother was an air winger back in the late '70s.  "Gotta swing with the wing" as he used to say.   :)

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2008, 12:18:10 PM »
Airstation motivation is the current phrase.  :P

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2008, 12:25:28 PM »
Airstation motivation is the current phrase.  :P

Then again, I used to hear FTS (F*** the Suck) a fair bit when I was in during the mid '80s. 

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2008, 12:31:51 PM »
Thats a new one on me.  I haven't heard that one before.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2008, 12:38:54 PM »
Actually it's a pretty old one.  May have been replaced by something else by now.  Oh well, there's always ooh rah!  (which personally I could never stand)

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2008, 12:41:51 PM »
Did you hear Devil Dog is on its way out?  Damn shame.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »
Really? Disturbing...
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."